手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲MP3+字幕 > TED演讲之科学篇 > 正文

TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):格格不入者的心声(6)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • On the last night, I gave a big reading at the National Poetry Club.
  • 在最后一天晚上,我在全国诗歌俱乐部做了一场读书会。
  • And at the end of the reading,
  • 在读书会结束的时候,
  • Katharine Kidde of Kidde, Hoyt And Picard Literary Agency,
  • 凯德公司的凯瑟琳·凯德和霍伊特与皮卡德文学社的人
  • walked straight up to me and shook my hand and offered me representation, like, on the spot.
  • 径直走向我与我握手,当场让我做他们的代表
  • I stood there and I kind of went deaf.
  • 我像失聪了一样站在那里。
  • Has this ever happened to you?
  • 这种事发生在各位身上过么?
  • And I almost started crying
  • 我几乎要哭了出来
  • because all the people in the room were dressed so beautifully,
  • 因为所有屋子里的人都如此华丽
  • and all that came out of my mouth was:
  • 然而我却只能说
  • "I don't know. I have to think about it."
  • “我不知道,我要再想想”那样的话。
  • And she said, "OK, then," and walked away.
  • 她说:“当然。”然后离开了。
  • All those open hands out to me, that small, sad stone in my throat
  • 尽管很多人伸来了橄榄枝,我仍然如鲠在喉
  • You see, I'm trying to tell you something about people like me.
  • 各位,我尽量告诉大家像我这样的人的感受。
  • Misfit people -- we don't always know how to hope or say yes or choose the big thing,
  • 不适者经常不知道怎样期待和回答,也不知道在大事面前如何选择。
  • even when it's right in front of us.
  • 哪怕它们就在我们面前。
  • It's a shame we carry.
  • 这是我们身上的耻辱。
  • It's the shame of wanting something good.
  • 这是想接受美好时,就会有的耻辱。
  • It's the shame of feeling something good.
  • 这是想感受美好时,就会有的耻辱。
  • It's the shame of not really believing we deserve to be in the room with the people we admire.
  • 这种耻辱让我们不敢相信,我们应该和那些我们敬仰的人站在同一个屋檐下。
  • If I could, I'd go back and I'd coach myself.
  • 如果可以回到过去,我要像那些
  • I'd be exactly like those over-50-year-old women who helped me.
  • 50多岁的女人告诉我的那样告诫自己。
  • I'd teach myself how to want things, how to stand up, how to ask for them.
  • 我要教自己去诉说我的需求,站起来,要回属于我的东西。
  • I'd say, "You! Yeah, you! You belong in the room, too."
  • 我会跟我自己说:“你!就是你!你应该在这个屋子里。”


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

这个世界上有很多“格格不入者”,他们不合群,怯懦,胆小和自卑,命运对他们也常常不公。本期的TED演讲者Lidia Yuknavitch女士就是这样一个人,她的故事和经历足以让她为“格格不入者”们代言。让我们听听她的故事,心声和感悟。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
literary ['litərəri]

想一想再看

adj. 文学的

联想记忆
deserve [di'zə:v]

想一想再看

vi. 应该得到
vt. 应受,值得

联想记忆
coach [kəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。