手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之寻找真理:我们的大问题(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Now, let me spend the rest of my time on the third big problem,
  • 现在,让我把余下的时间花在对第三个重大问题的探讨上。
  • because it's more subtle and perhaps difficult to grasp.
  • 因为这个问题更加微妙,也可能难以把握。
  • Think about some time in your life --
  • 试着回忆一下你生命中的某些时刻——
  • some people might never have experienced it
  • 有些人可能从未体会过——
  • but some people, there are just those moments that you have experienced where life was fantastic.
  • 但有些人在他们生命的某些时刻体会到生命的美妙。
  • It might have been at the moment of some great, creative inspiration
  • 它可能是当你进入心流体验时
  • you might have had when you just entered this flow stage.
  • 所经历的很棒的、产生创造性灵感的时候。
  • Or when you understood something you had never done before.
  • 或者是当你弄懂了某件以往从未涉足的事情的时刻。
  • Or perhaps in the ecstasy of romantic love.
  • 或者是浪漫爱情中那销魂迷醉的时刻。
  • Or an aesthetic experience -- a sunset or a great piece of art.
  • 或者是一种对美感的欣赏——如一次落日,或一幅名画。
  • Every once in a while we have these moments,
  • 时不时的,我们便会经历这样的时刻,
  • and we realize just how good life can be when it's at its best.
  • 我们意识到,生命最美好的时刻是多么令人陶醉。
  • And you wonder, why can't it be like that all the time?
  • 然后你就想,为什么生活不能总是那么美好呢?
  • You just want to cling onto this.
  • 你就是想抓住此刻不放。
  • And then, of course, it drifts back into ordinary life and the memory fades.
  • 然后呢,当然,生活又回到了常态,美好记忆悄然消退。
  • And it's really difficult to recall, in a normal frame of mind, just how good life can be at its best.
  • 对我们来说,以一颗平常之心是非常难以回想生活在最精彩的时候是多么的美好,
  • Or how bad it can be at its worst.
  • 或在最差劲的时候是多么的糟糕。
  • The third big problem is that life isn't usually as wonderful as it could be.
  • 第三个重大问题是,生命通常达不到它可能达到的美妙状态。
  • I think that's a big, big problem.
  • 我想这是一个非常,非常大的问题。
  • It's easy to say what we don't want.
  • 我们很容易指出出我们不喜欢的东西。
  • Here are a number of things that we don't want
  • 以下都是我们避之而不及的东西
  • illness, involuntary death, unnecessary suffering, cruelty,
  • 疾病、非自愿死亡、不必要的痛苦、残酷、
  • stunted growth, memory loss, ignorance, absence of creativity.
  • 发育停滞、健忘症、无知,以及缺乏创造力。
  • Suppose we fixed these things -- we did something about all of these.
  • 假设我们解决了这些问题——我们对所有这些都采取些措施。
  • We were very successful. We got rid of all of these things.
  • 我们对此非常成功。我们摆脱了所有这些难题。
  • We might end up with something like this,
  • 我们可能会变成这样。
  • which is -- I mean, it's a heck of a lot better than that.
  • 我的意思是,这将比原来的境况要好一百倍,
  • But is this really the best we can dream of?
  • 但是,这真的是我们能想到的最好结果吗?
  • Is this the best we can do?
  • 这真的是我们所能做的最好程度吗?
  • Or is it possible to find something a little bit more inspiring to work towards?
  • 还是有可能找到一些更加鼓舞人心的目标来为之奋斗?
  • And if we think about this,
  • 如果我们这样想,
  • I think it's very clear that there are ways in which we could change things,
  • 我认为,有一点非常明确,那就是如果想改变现状,
  • not just by eliminating negatives, but adding positives.
  • 除了消除负面因素,还可以增加积极因素。
  • On my wish list, at least, would be:
  • 至少在我的愿望清单上会有——
  • much longer, healthier lives, greater subjective well-being,
  • 更长久、更健康的幸福,更美满的康乐安宁,
  • enhanced cognitive capacities, more knowledge and understanding,
  • 更强的认知能力,更多的知识和领悟力,
  • unlimited opportunity for personal growth
  • 超越目前人类生物极限的无限的个人成长机会,
  • beyond our current biological limits, better relationships,
  • 更好的人际关系,
  • an unbounded potential for spiritual, moral and intellectual development.
  • 更宽广的精神,道德以及才智方面的发展空间。
  • If we want to achieve this, what, in the world, would have to change?
  • 如果我们想达到这些目标,世界应如何改变?
  • And this is the answer -- we would have to change.
  • 答案是——该改变的是我们。
  • Not just the world around us, but we, ourselves.
  • 不仅仅改变我们周围的世界,更应该改变我们自己。
  • Not just the way we think about the world, but the way we are -- our very biology.
  • 不仅仅改变我们看待世界的方式,还有我们自身存在的方式——我们自身的生物特性。
  • Human nature would have to change.
  • 人类本质必须要改变。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

牛津大学哲学家和超人类主义学家尼克·波斯特洛姆对人类前景进行审视,并提出以下疑问:我们是否应该重新定义人道来解决人类最根本的问题?


重点单词   查看全部解释    
spiritual ['spiritjuəl]

想一想再看

adj. 精神的,心灵的,与上帝有关的
n.

联想记忆
aesthetic [i:s'θetik]

想一想再看

adj. 美学的,审美的,有美感的
n. (复

 
subtle ['sʌtl]

想一想再看

adj. 微妙的,敏感的,精细的,狡诈的,不明显的

 
current ['kʌrənt]

想一想再看

n. (水、气、电)流,趋势
adj. 流通的

联想记忆
inspiration [.inspə'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 灵感,吸入,鼓舞人心(的东西)

联想记忆
creative [kri'eitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 创造性的

联想记忆
cognitive ['kɔgnitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 认知的,认识的,有认识力的

 
inspiring [in'spaiəriŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人振奋的,激励人的,鼓舞人心的

 
creativity [.kri:ei'tiviti]

想一想再看

n. 创造力,创造

联想记忆
potential [pə'tenʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 可能的,潜在的
n. 潜力,潜能

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。