vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过
您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲MP3+字幕 > TED演讲之国际问题篇 > 正文
- Let's get half of us to agree to spend an hour a day playing games,
- 让我们中一半的人每天玩游戏一小时
- until we solve real-world problems.
- 直至我们可以去解决现实生活中的问题
- Now, I know you're asking, "How are we going to solve real world problems in games?"
- 你可能会问,“我们在游戏中如何解决现实中的问题呢?”
- Well, that's what I have devoted my work to over the past few years,
- 这也是我在过去的几年中积极投身我从事的工作的原因
- at The Institute For The Future.
- 我工作的地方叫“未来研究所”
- We have this banner in our offices in Palo Alto,
- 这是我们在帕洛阿尔托办公室里的广告
- and it expresses our view of how we should try to relate to the future.
- 它给出了我们关于如何看待未来的观点
- We do not want to try to predict the future.
- 我们不会试着去预言未来
- What we want to do is make the future.
- 但,我们会创造未来
- We want to imagine the best-case scenario outcome,
- 我们曾经设想过最好情况的结果
- and then we want to empower people to make that outcome a reality.
- 然后,我们想通过努力,让人们将那个设想变成现实
- We want to imagine epic wins, and then give people the means to achieve the epic win.
- 我们渴望史诗般的胜利,同时也给予人们实现胜利的途径
- I'm just going to very briefly show you three games that I've made
- 我想给大家简短的介绍三款我做的游戏
- that are an attempt to give people the means to create epic wins in their own futures.
- 他们都是一些尝试,尝试着给未来的人们能创造属于自己的史诗般的胜利,提供一些方法
- So, this is World Without Oil.
- 这是《无油世界》
- We made this game in 2007.
- 这款游戏制作于2007年
- This is an online game in which you try to survive an oil shortage.
- 这是一款网络游戏,它让你在石油短缺的时候设法生存
- The oil shortage is fictional,
- 石油短缺是虚构的
- but we put enough online content out there for you to believe that it's real,
- 但是我们会投入很多的内容在里面,你就会认为那是真的,
- and to live your real life as if we've run out of oil.
- 并且这会影响你的现实生活,让你感觉我们已经没有石油可用了。
- So when you come to the game, you sign up, you tell us where you live,
- 因此,当你打开游戏注册,并告诉我们你的居住地
- and then we give you real-time news, videos, data feeds that show you exactly how much oil costs,
- 我们就会给你实时的新闻视频数据,精确地告诉你石油的成本
- what's not available, how food supply is being affected, how transportation is being affected,
- 什么是不可用,食物供应是如何受到影响的,运输是如何受到影响的
- if schools are closed, if there is rioting,
- 并且会告诉你学校是否被关闭,哪里里发生了骚乱
- and you have to figure out how you would live your real life as if this were true.
- 如果这一切都是真的,你就会找出如何处理现实生活中的这些问题的方法
- And then we ask you to blog about it, to post videos, to post photos.
- 我们会要求你将这些东西发布到博客上,上传视频或者照片
- We piloted this game with 1,700 players in 2007,
- 在2007年,有1700人参加了这款游戏的测试
- and we've tracked them for the three years since.
- 我们跟踪了这些测试者接下来三年的生活
- And I can tell you that this is a transformative experience.
- 我可以告诉诸位的是这是一段极具改造作用的经历
- Nobody wants to change how they live
- 没有人希望改变他们的生活方式
- just because it's good for the world, or because we're supposed to.
- 或者是因为他们觉得对环境无损,或者是因为他们觉得这顺理成章
- But if you immerse them in an epic adventure and tell them, "We've run out of oil.
- 但是,如果你让他们着沉浸于一个异乎寻常的经历当中,并且告诉他们,“我们已经耗尽我们的石油。
- This is an amazing story and adventure for you to go on.
- 这将是你听说的一个美妙的故事和异乎寻常的经历
- Challenge yourself to see how you would survive,"
- 挑战自己,看看你将如何生存。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
像《魔兽世界》这样的游戏,提供了一个让玩家在虚拟空间充当救世主的角色,并且同时激励这些玩家学习那些英雄们所具有的良好品质。那么我们能否利用这种机制去解决现实世界中的问题呢?Jane McGonigal说可以,并且给出了她的理由。
- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: