手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第59期:分享创业经验(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Which is, you know, I have this really great idea.
  • 例如,我想到了一个不错的方案
  • I don't wanna tell anyone about it.
  • 但是我还不想告诉别人
  • I'm gonna build, build, build, build.
  • 我一个人埋头苦干,把产品做出来
  • I'm gonna be telling one or two people and then I'm gonna launch it on,
  • 我只告诉了一两个人,然后我把产品通过
  • you know, I'm gonna launch it on TechCrunch or some,
  • TechCrunch这样的平台发布出来
  • somewhere like that, then I'm gonna get lots of users.
  • 我就会得到很多的客户
  • But what really happens is
  • 但是这种做法,是不成功的
  • because you did not get a lot of that feedback and stuff like that,
  • 因为这种方式不会得到很多的反馈
  • you know maybe you get a lot of people to your site,
  • 可能会有不少人去访问你的网站
  • but no one sticks around because you didn't get that initial user feedback.
  • 但是这些客户的忠诚度很低,因为你没有建立最基本的反馈制度
  • And then, you know, if you,
  • 接下来
  • you know, if lucky enough you have some money in the bank
  • 如果你够幸运,资金充足的话
  • you might go buy some users but sort of,
  • 你可以去“购买客户资源”
  • it just whittles out over time and you just give up.
  • 但是钱总有用完的一天,这样一来你就得放弃了
  • This is sort of a vicious cycle and you know,
  • 这有点类似于恶性循环
  • I actually did this once, and I did this while I was in YC, and that was you know like,
  • 在YC工作的时候,我有过这样的失误,我连一款产品都没有发布过
  • when I went through YC I didn't even launch a product,
  • 我从没有在TechCrunch上发布过产品
  • like I didn't even launch in TechCrunch which is a thing you should definitely do.
  • 我建议大家应该好好利用TechCrunch这个平台,通过这个平台发布你们的产品
  • And so you don't want to ever get into that cycle
  • 大家不要进入上述的恶性循环
  • because you'll just end up with nothing good.
  • 因为那样通常会以失败告终
  • So, the next thing is you know, you have an idea and
  • 接下来,我要和大家分享的是
  • you should really think about what the idea is really solving.
  • 一旦你有了一个创意,你应该认真考虑一下
  • Like what is the actual problem?
  • 这个创意所要解决的问题是什么?
  • And so their problem statements you should be able to describe it in one sentence.
  • 你应该用一句话来表述你所要解决的问题
  • And then you should think, how does that problem relate to me?
  • 然后你应该思考,这个问题和我有何联系?
  • Am I really passionate about that problem?
  • 我是否非常关注这个问题
  • And then you should think, okay, it's a problem I have, is it a problem that other people have?
  • 然后你应该考虑,这个问题对我来说是问题,那么它是否也困扰着其他人呢?
  • And sort of verify that by, you know, just going out and talking to people.
  • 为了确认这个问题,你可以和周围的朋友交流一下
  • One of the biggest mistakes I've made is you know,
  • 以前我犯过一个非常严重的错误
  • we started, my co-founder and I, who is also my brother,
  • 我曾经和我的合伙人一起,也就是我的兄弟,在2009、2010年前后
  • he and I started a company called Pathjoy in 2009, 2010.
  • 建立了一个公司——Pathjoy
  • And our goal was basically to you know,
  • 我们的目标是
  • we had two goals in mind one is to create a company that made people really happy,
  • 我们有两个目标,让他人感到幸福
  • and create a company that was very, very impactful,
  • 以及创建一个非常有影响力的公司
  • so a good proxy for that is to just create a huge, big company.
  • 这可以通过创建一个大公司来实现
  • And so we thought, okay, here's sort of what we're gonna solve is you know,
  • 我们认为,我们需要解决的问题是
  • make people happier,
  • 让人们的幸福指数得到提升
  • and we first went to the notion of who are the people that made people happy?
  • 首先我们想到的问题是哪些人会让我们变得更加幸福呢?
  • And you know, we came up with life coaches and therapists.
  • 然后我们想到了人生导师和理疗师
  • So it seemed kind of obvious to just create a platform for life coaches and therapists.
  • 这样考虑了之后,我们好像只需要为人生导师和理疗师建立一个平台即可
  • And what happened as a result though was that you know,
  • 但是这样做的结果是
  • when we started using the product ourselves we,
  • 当我们自己接受人生导师和理疗师的指导时
  • you know, we're not cynical people by any means,
  • 我们发现我们没有那么愤世嫉俗
  • but life coaches and therapists are just not people we would use ourselves.
  • 我们不需要人生导师和理疗师对我们进行指导
  • It was sort of useless to us.
  • 这对我们不起作用
  • And so, it wasn't even a problem we had,
  • 因此,这不是我们自身所面临的问题
  • and certainly wasn't something we were super passionate about building out.
  • 因此我们也没有那么高的热情去解决这个问题
  • Yet we spent, you know, almost a year trying to do this.
  • 但是,为此我们几乎耗费了一年的时间来运作
  • And so, if you just start, you know, from tegel zero,
  • 因此,在你们开始创业之前,在准备制造产品之前
  • just like think about this before you even build any product.
  • 想一下我刚才所说的问题
  • I think you can save yourself a lot of headache down the road from doing something you don't wanna do.
  • 那么你就会少走弯路
  • So, say you have a problem and you're able to state it.
  • 假设你现在已有了一个亟待解决的问题,并能明确表述出来
  • Where do you start?
  • 那么应该从何处着手开始呢?


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

这一课邀请了Homejoy创始人,她结合自己创业的真实感受为我们讲解了她的创业经验:第一,选择行业,并对该行业有所了解;第二,简单定义企业特点,明确客户群体,实地营销;第三,关注客户价值;第四,建立良好的宣传和推荐机制;第五,三种增长模式——高粘度增长、病毒式增长以及付费增长模式。她用自己创业的真实经历,告诉我们:要坚持创意同时也要在适当的时机学会放弃,找到最适合自己的创业路子。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
describe [dis'kraib]

想一想再看

vt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成

联想记忆
platform ['plætfɔ:m]

想一想再看

n. 平台,站台,月台,讲台,(政党的)政纲

联想记忆
passionate ['pæʃənit]

想一想再看

adj. 热情的,易怒的,激情的

联想记忆
solve [sɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 解决,解答

 
cynical ['sinikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 愤世嫉俗的,吹毛求疵的

 
initial [i'niʃəl]

想一想再看

n. (词)首字母
adj. 开始的,最初的,

联想记忆
obvious ['ɔbviəs]

想一想再看

adj. 明显的,显然的

联想记忆
verify ['verifai]

想一想再看

vt. 查证,核实

联想记忆
vicious ['viʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 恶毒的,恶意的,凶残的,剧烈的,严重的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。