手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第55期:让自己变得高效

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • What would you learn in college right now?
  • 你现在上大学的话,想学什么专业?
  • What would I learn in college?
  • 我现在上大学的话,想学什么专业?
  • Hm, literary theory? No, just kidding.
  • 文学理论。开玩笑的啦
  • Let's see, well, you know, honestly, I think I might try and study physics.
  • 我想想,我可能想努力学物理
  • I feel that's the thing I feel like I missed.
  • 没有学好物理,是我人生一大遗憾
  • For some reason, like, I was all excited,
  • 出于某个原因,我很感兴趣
  • when I was a kid, computers were the thing, maybe they still are, right?
  • 当我还是个小孩子的时候,计算机正盛行,计算机目前仍盛行
  • So I sort of got very excited about writing code.
  • 我对写代码很感兴趣
  • And you could do things with, you could do,
  • 写代码对硬件和环境要求不高
  • you could write real programs in your bedroom.
  • 只要有台电脑,在卧室里就能写
  • You can't like, build real linear accelerators.
  • 但是却不能在家里建直线加速器
  • Well maybe you can, so maybe, physics.
  • 当然也有可能建成功,应该是物理
  • I feel kind of, I always, I have this, I sort of look lon,
  • 我觉得答案应该是物理
  • I notice I sort of look longingly at physics. So maybe.
  • 我一直想学物理
  • But I don't know if that's, what am I saying?
  • 我不知道…
  • I'm saying, I was about to say,
  • 我想表达的是
  • I don't know if that's going to be helpful starting a startup
  • 我不知道学物理是否有助于创业
  • and I've just told you to follow you own curiosity!
  • 只要跟着好奇心走就行啦
  • So who cares if it's helpful? It'll turn out to be helpful. Questions?
  • 谁关心是否有助于创业呢?从结果来看,还是有助于的
  • Another question online,
  • 还是一个网上的问题
  • what are your recurring systems in your work and personal life that make you efficient?
  • 你有什么机制让工作和生活更有效率呢?
  • Oh, boy, Ookay.
  • 好的
  • So what are my recurring systems in my work and personal life that make me efficient?
  • 我有什么机制让工作和生活更有效率呢?
  • Well, having kids is a good way to be efficient.
  • 生孩子是提高效率的好方法
  • Cuz you have no time left, so if you wanna get anything done,
  • 因为,一旦有了孩子,留给自己的时间就少了
  • the amount of done you do per time is high.
  • 如果想在有限时间内把工作做完,就得提高效率
  • So, actually many parents, many startup founders who have kids have made that point explicitly.
  • 其实很多人父人母级别的创业者深有体会
  • It causes you to focus, because you have no choice.
  • 你必须得专注,因为你别无他法
  • Let's see but that's not,
  • 我申明一下
  • I wouldn't actually recommend you having kids,
  • 我并不鼓励大家为了变得专注
  • just to have you more focused so,
  • 而生孩子哈
  • let's see, you know, I don't think I'm very efficient.
  • 我自己效率并不高
  • I have two ways of getting work done.
  • 我有两个办法逼着自己把事情做完
  • One is, like, during Y Combinator, the way I worked on Y Combinator was, I was forced to, right?
  • 一个是,在YC的时候我是这么逼自己的
  • Like, there was just, I had to set the application deadline.
  • 我设定答复申请的截止日期
  • And then people would apply,
  • 创始人提交申请
  • and then there would be all of these applications
  • 我必须在一定时间内答复这些申请
  • that I'd have to respond to by a certain time, so I had to read them.
  • 因此我得研究这些申请
  • And I knew if I read them badly we would get bad startups,
  • 如果我没有研究好,就可能会投资一些不好的创业公司
  • so I tried really hard to read them well, right?
  • 我得努力研究申请书
  • So I set up this situation that forced me to work.
  • 通过设定截止日期来逼着我工作
  • The other kind of work I do is like writing essays.
  • 另一个方法,类似于写文章
  • And I do that involuntarily.
  • 我是不由自主地写的
  • I'm like walking down the street and the essay starts writing itself in my head.
  • 就像,我走在大街上,文章就自己浮现在我的脑海里了
  • And so really I either force myself to work on less exciting things or,
  • 我要么是逼着自己做不是那么感兴趣的事
  • I can't help working on exciting things,
  • 要么是不自主地做感兴趣的事
  • and I don't have any useful techniques for making myself efficient.
  • 我没有什么好办法来提高效率
  • Sorry.
  • 不好意思
  • If you work on things you like you don't have to force yourself to be efficient. Yes?
  • 如果是做感兴趣的事,根本不需要逼着自己提高效率


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

本课中Paul Graham首先讲了创业中反直觉的几条原则:1.不能跟着直觉走;2.成功创业需要的并不是创业知识专家;3.找诀窍在创业中是行不通的;4.创业比想象中的还要艰辛;5.创业前途未卜;6.获得创意的方法就是不去刻意想创意。后来是提问回答环节,他回答了学生的一些问题,其中包含但不限于以下问题:1.读商学院对有志创业的人有用吗?2.怎么管理最初的两三个员工呢?3.目前处于泡沫期吗?4.对目前一种趋势的看法5.对女性创业者融资有什么建议?6.工作和生活中有什么方法使自己高效?7.把小项目变成创业公司 什么时候是契机呢?


重点单词   查看全部解释    
recommend [.rekə'mend]

想一想再看

vt. 建议,推荐,劝告
vt. 使成为可取,

联想记忆
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
efficient [i'fiʃənt]

想一想再看

adj. 效率高的,胜任的

联想记忆
curiosity [.kjuəri'ɔsiti]

想一想再看

n. 好奇,好奇心

联想记忆
respond [ris'pɔnd]

想一想再看

v. 回答,答复,反应,反响,响应
n.

联想记忆
explicitly [ik'splisitli]

想一想再看

adv. 明白地,明确地

 
application [.æpli'keiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 应用; 申请; 专心
n. 应用软件程序

 
code [kəud]

想一想再看

n. 码,密码,法规,准则
vt. 把 ...

 
recurring [ri'kə:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 再发的,循环的 动词recur的现在分词

 
literary ['litərəri]

想一想再看

adj. 文学的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。