克里斯汀:帮帮我!我要掉下去了!
Asahi:You're not going to fall. I've got you.
朝日:你不会掉下去的。我拉着你呢。
Christine:Sorry, I have a fear of heights.
克里斯汀:对不起,我有恐高症。
I sometimes have panic attacks when I'm high up off the ground.
我有时离开地面的时候会有恐慌症。
Asahi:Okay, but we're not very high up.
朝日:好吧,但是我们的位置不是很高啊。
Christine:I know. My phobia is totally irrational.
克里斯汀:我知道。我的恐惧是完全非理性的。
Asahi:That explains a lot, like why you live on the ground floor of your apartment building and why you didn't want to go hiking near the cliffs.
朝日:这下我明白了,为什么你住在公寓一楼,为什么不想去悬崖附近远足。
Christine:That's right. I try to avoid any situations that will trigger my fear.
克里斯汀:没错。我试图尽量避免任何会引发恐惧的情况。
Asahi:So how do you travel? Do you ever fly?
朝日:那你如何旅行呢?坐过飞机吗?
Christine:The one time I flew in an airplane I experienced vertigo and I hyperventilated until we landed.
克里斯汀:有一次我在飞机上经历了眩晕,直到降落我还不断喘粗气。
I was really agitated because I thought I was going to die.
我当时非常激动因为我想会死掉。
It wasn't pretty.
这不是什么光彩的事情。
That's why I normally drive or take a train.
因此我通常开车或乘坐火车。
Asahi:So I'm guessing no skydiving for you.
朝日:因此我猜你跳伞也不行。
Christine:Not unless you want to find out how my stomach reacts to heights!
克里斯汀:除非你是想探究我的胃对高度的反应!
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载