手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语美文欣赏 > 精美英文欣赏 > 正文

精美英文欣赏:Friday星期五

编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Part 4 Friday
  • 第四部分 星期五
  • When the three persons came to the creek, I found that two of them could swim,
  • 当那三个人靠近消息的时候,我发现他们中两个人会游泳,
  • but the third could not,and that, standing on the other side, he looked at the others, but went no farther, and soon after went softly back again;
  • 而第三个不会, 他只是站在另一边看着他们,并没有靠近。不久又轻轻地回来了。
  • which, as it happened, was very good for him in the end.
  • 正如所发生的那样,最后证明那是对他有好处的。
  • I observed that the two who swam were yet more than twice as strong swimming over the creek as the fellow was that fled from them.
  • 我注意到,溪水中游泳的两个人比逃离他们的那个人要强壮两倍以上。
  • It came very warmly upon my thoughts, and indeed irresistibly, that now was the time to get me a servant,and,
  • 我脑海里闪过一个令人激动的、不可抗拒的主意,我想现在是时候给自己找个仆人了,
  • perhaps, a companion or assistant; and that I was plainly called by Providence to save this poor creature's life.
  • 也许会是一个同伴或者帮手。上天明明叫我拯救这个可怜人的性命。
  • I immediately ran down the ladders with all possible expedition, fetched my two guns,for they were both at the foot of the ladders,
  • 我立即以最快的速度跑下梯子,取了两把枪,因为这两支枪就放在梯子脚下。
  • and getting up again with the same haste to the top of the hill, I crossed towards the sea;
  • 然后我又以同样快的 速度爬上梯子,翻过山顶,奔向大海,
  • and having a very short cut, and all down hill, placed myself in the way between the pursuers and the pursued,
  • 抄近路向山下跑去,藏匿在追赶者和逃跑者之间。
  • hallowing aloud to him that fled,
  • 我朝逃跑的野人大声呼唤,
  • who, looking back, was at first perhaps as much frightened at me as at them;
  • 他回过头来,第一次看到我时,也许和看到追赶他的人一样惊恐。
  • but I beckoned with my hand to him to come back; and, in the meantime,
  • 我招手示意他过来,同时慢慢向追上来的两个野人迎上去。
  • I slowly advanced towards the two that followed;
  • 之后一下子冲到前面的一个野人跟前,
  • then rushing at once upon the foremost, I knocked him down with the stock of my piece.
  • 用枪杆子把他打倒在地。
  • I was loath to fire, because I would not have the rest hear;
  • 我不想开枪,怕枪声被其余野人听见,
  • though, at that distance, it would not have been easily heard, and being out of sight of the smoke, too,
  • 虽然依照这个距离,枪声是很难听到的,即使隐隐约约听到了,他们也看不见硝烟,
  • they would not have known what to make of it.
  • 所以肯定不会弄清是怎么回事。
  • Having knocked this fellow down, the other who pursued him stopped,
  • 第一个野人被我打倒后,另一个追来的野人停住了脚步,
  • as if he had been frightened, and I advanced towards him: but as I came nearer,
  • 仿佛被吓住了。于是我朝他走去,但当我走近一些,
  • I perceived presently he had a bow and arrow, and was fitting it to shoot at me:
  • 立刻看到了他手里的弓箭,他准备拉弓向我射击。
  • so I was then obliged to shoot at him first, which I did, and killed him at the first shot.
  • 我不得不先朝他开枪,一枪就把他击毙了。
  • The poor savage who fled, but had stopped,
  • 那可怜的逃跑的野人停了下来,
  • though he saw both his enemies fallen and killed,as he thought,
  • 他虽然亲眼看到两个敌人都已倒下被杀死了,
  • yet was so frightened with the fire and noise of my piece that he stood stock still,
  • 却被火光和枪声吓坏了,站在那里,呆若木鸡,
  • and neither came forward nor went backward, though he seemed rather inclined still to fly than to come on.
  • 既不前进也不后退,看样子他依然很想逃跑而不敢靠近。
  • I hallooed again to him, and made signs to come forward, which he easily understood, and came a little way;
  • 我再次朝他大声招呼,做手势叫他过来。他很快明白了我的意思,向前走了几步,
  • then stopped again, and then a little farther, and stopped again;
  • 之后又停下,又向前移动一些,再次停下来。
  • and I could then perceive that he stood trembling,
  • 这时,我看到他浑身颤抖,
  • as if he had been taken prisoner, and had just been to be killed, as his two enemies were.
  • 他以为自己成了我的俘虏,也将像他的两个敌人那样被杀死。
  • I beckoned to him again to come to me, and gave him all the signs of encouragement that I could think of;
  • 我又向他招招手,叫他靠近我,并做出我能想到的种种手势叫他不要害怕。
  • and he came nearer and nearer, kneeling down every ten or twelve steps, in token of acknowledgment for saving his life.
  • 他这才慢慢走过来,每走一二十步便跪一下,好像是感谢我救了他的命。
  • I smiled at him, and looked pleasantly, and beckoned to him to come still nearer;
  • 我对他微笑,面色和善,并一再示意他再靠近一些。
  • at length he came close to me; and then he kneeled down again, kissed the ground,
  • 最后他走近我,接着再次跪下,亲吻着大地,
  • and laid his head upon the ground, and taking me by the foot, set my foot upon his head;
  • 把头放在地上,之后抱起我的一只脚放在头上,
  • this, it seems, was in token of swearing to be my slave for ever.
  • 这似乎是在发誓将永远做我的奴仆。
  • I took him up and made much of him, and encouraged him all I could.
  • 我把他扶起来,对他十分和气,尽我所能叫他不要害怕。
  • But there was more work to do yet; for I perceived the savage whom I had knocked down was not killed, but stunned with the blow,
  • 但是还有更多的工作要做,因为我发现第一个被我打倒的野人并没有死,而是被打晕了,
  • and began to come to himself: so I pointed to him, and showed him the savage,
  • 现在正在苏醒过来。我向他指了指那个野人,
  • that he was not dead; upon this he spoke some words to me,and though I could not understand them, yet I thought they were pleasant to hear;
  • 提示他那人并没有死,这时他对我说了些话,虽然我听不懂,但对我来说听起来特别悦耳,
  • for they were the first sound of a man's voice that I had heard, my own excepted, for above twenty-five years.
  • 因为这是我二十五年来第一次听到除我以外的另一个人的声音。
  • But there was no time for such reflections now;
  • 但是,现在我还没有时间来感叹,
  • the savage who was knocked down recovered himself so far as to sit up upon the ground,
  • 被打倒的野人已经完全清醒,并从地上坐了起来。
  • and I perceived that my savage began to be afraid;
  • 我发现我的野人开始害怕起来,
  • but when I saw that, I presented my other piece at the man, as if I would shoot him:
  • 见此我便举起另一支枪对准那个野人,好像要朝他开枪。
  • upon this my savage, for so I call him now, made a motion to me to lend him my sword, which hung naked in a belt by my side, which I did.
  • 这时,野人对我做了个手势,要我把挂在腰间的那把没鞘的刀借给他。
  • He no sooner had it, but he runs to his enemy,and at one blow cut off his head cleverly.
  • 于是我把刀递给他。他一拿到刀,就奔向敌人,一下子利落地砍下了野人的头。
  • And I named my savage-Friday.
  • 我给我的野人取名叫"星期五"。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

1. at the foot of 在…(山)脚下;在…的下部
The village nestled at the foot of the hill.
那村庄位於山脚下.
2. in the meantime 在此期间;于此际
In the meantime Grief was whispering a few words in Ieremia's ear.
这时,格里菲在耶利米亚的耳朵根嘀咕了几句。
3. out of sight 看不见;在视野之外;在看不见的地方
The carriage whirled out of sight.
马车疾驰而消失在视线之外。
4. be obliged to 不得不;有义务;感谢;被迫做
They are obliged to resort to the most ingenious contortions and combinations.
他们却不能不采取最巧妙的曲解和胡说。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
grief [gri:f]

想一想再看

n. 悲痛,忧伤

 
creek [kri:k]

想一想再看

n. 小湾,小溪 Creek n. 克里克族,克里克人,

联想记忆
sword [sɔ:d]

想一想再看

n. 剑,刀

 
stock [stɔk]

想一想再看

n. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜

 
savage ['sævidʒ]

想一想再看

adj. 野性的,凶猛的,粗鲁的,荒野的
n.

联想记忆
prisoner ['prizənə]

想一想再看

n. 囚犯

 
ingenious [in'dʒi:njəs]

想一想再看

adj. 机灵的,精制的,有独创性的

联想记忆
advanced [əd'vɑ:nst]

想一想再看

adj. 高级的,先进的

 
haste [heist]

想一想再看

n. 急速,急忙
v. 匆忙,赶快

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。