手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语美文欣赏 > 精美英文欣赏 > 正文

精美英文欣赏:Ogden Nash to His Daughters奥格登·纳什致女儿

编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Part 3 Ogden Nash to His Daughters
  • 第三部分 奥格登·纳什致女儿
  • February 6, 1939
  • 1939年二月六号
  • My sweet girls,
  • 我可爱的女儿们:
  • I wish so that you were here with us.
  • 真希望你们能和我们一起在这里,
  • the next time we must surely bring you along.
  • 下次我们一定会带上你们的,
  • so remember to practice your manners and (learn to eat all sorts of food.
  • 所以记住要做到有礼有节,还要学会吃各种各样的食物。
  • Paris is full of children.
  • 巴黎到处都是孩子,
  • There are lots of parks, and every park is full of boys and girls on bicycles and roller skates, or playing football and other games all day long.
  • 公园众多,而且每个公园里整天都有许多男孩和女孩在骑自行车、滑旱冰,或者踢足球和玩其他的游戏。
  • Also, I think everybody in Paris has a dog, but none of them are as pretty as Spangle.
  • 我还觉得巴黎的每个人都有一条狗,不过没有一条狗像斯潘格那样漂亮。
  • A beautifu1 river, the Scine, runs right through the middle of the city,
  • 美丽的塞纳河正好从城市中间穿过。
  • and Mummy and I have already counted 22 bridges that cross it.
  • 我和妈妈已经数过了,河上横跨着22座桥。
  • Don't you think that you could have fun here?
  • 你们难道不觉得你们在这里会感到非常有趣吗?
  • The French children are very polite, as everyone is in France, and I am sure you would enjoy playing with them;
  • 就像每个法国人一样,法国孩子非常有礼貌,我相信你们会非常喜欢和他们一起玩耍的;
  • so, Linell, you must pay great attention to your French teacher and learn very fast,
  • 所以,利内尔,你必须全神贯注地倾听法语教师讲课,快快地学习法语知识,
  • in order to be able to understand well when you come here.
  • 以便你来这里后能更好地理解法文,
  • You might teach Isabel some of what you learn, too.
  • 你也可以教伊莎贝尔一些你所学到的内容。
  • There are many, many interesting things to see here.
  • 这里有许许多多有趣的东西可看。
  • Paris is a very old city,
  • 巴黎是一座非常古老的城市。
  • and today Mummy and I saw a beautiful building, that was started by the Romans more than 1600 years ago.
  • 今天我和妈妈看了一处非常美丽的建筑。它是1600多年前由罗马人开始建造的,
  • It is called Cluny.
  • 它的名字叫克卢尼。
  • We have also been to the Louvre,a museum now full of the most beautiful paintings and statues;
  • 我们还去参观了卢浮宫,这个博物馆里现在挂满了美妙绝伦的绘画,摆满了最令人叹为观止的雕塑。
  • but years ago the kinds and queens of France used to live there,
  • 但是许多年以前,法国历代国王和王后都曾住在那里,
  • until the French people got angry with them and chopped off their heads.
  • 直到后来法国人民愤怒起义,砍掉了他们的头。
  • This afternoon we went to a beautiful cathedral on an island in the middle of the river.
  • 今天下午,我们去看了一座美丽的教堂,它座落在塞纳河中央的一个岛上,
  • It is called the Cathedral of tre Dame, which means the cathedral of Our Lady the Virgin.
  • 名为巴黎圣母院,意思是"我们的圣母教堂"。
  • It is more than 900 years old, and so high that you can hardly see the top.
  • 教堂已有900多年的历史,巍峨耸立,高得几乎看不到它的顶部。
  • The windows are of gorgeous stained glass, red and blue and yellow and green and purple,
  • 窗户用精美的彩色玻璃建造而成,有红色、蓝色、黄色、绿色和紫色,
  • so that they cast light like a rainbow on the walls.
  • 玻璃投射在墙面上的光就像彩虹一样。
  • A very good king of France who lived 700 years ago and later became Saint Louis was buried there.
  • 700年前曾经有一位非常善良的法国皇帝,他后来成为圣路易,他就理在那儿。
  • Tell Delia that we offered a candle to the Virgin Mary for each of you there, and that we are bringing her back a rosary from there also.
  • 告诉迪莉娅,我们在那里替你们每个人给圣母玛利亚献了一支蜡烛,并且我们会给她带回一串那里的念珠,
  • Mummy and I climbed the tower later.
  • 我和妈妈后来爬上了高塔。
  • We were very tired when we got to the top, but it was interesting.
  • 当我们爬到塔顶时,感到非常累,但却有趣极了。
  • Some hideous stone gargoyles were looking right into our faces, so we looked down at Paris lying at our feet, and it was beautiful.
  • 一些奇形怪状的石刻滴水嘴正对着我们,我们便俯视脚下的巴黎,它十分美丽。
  • We could see miles of river, at the bridges and the lovely old buildings.
  • 我们能看到数英里长的河流、河上的桥以及可爱的占老建筑。
  • I think you would like the French trains.
  • 我想你们一定会喜欢法国的火车。
  • We rode on one from Le Havre to Paris just like the one that Gaston et Josephine took when they were leaving for America.
  • 我们乘火车从哈佛尔到巴黎,那列火车与加斯东和约瑟芬他们去美国时乘坐的火车很相似,
  • When the engine whistles it says tweet tweet instead of toot toot, and the porters are very polite.
  • 引擎拉响时,发出的不是"嘟嘟"声,而是"吱吱"的声音,车上服务员们都彬彬有礼。
  • You would like the boat, too.
  • 你们也会喜欢这里的船的。
  • There is a little theatre where there are puppet shows for children every afternoon,
  • 船上有一个小剧院,每天下午给孩子们表演木偶剧,
  • and there is plenty of room to run and play on the decks.
  • 而且甲板上有一足够的空间让孩子们奔跑玩耍。
  • Sometimes, when the wind blows hard and the sea is rough, the boat joggles a little bit,
  • 有时候,风刮得很厉害。海浪汹涌,船会微微摇晃,
  • but that is good fun, like being in a swing.
  • 这非常有趣,就像在荡秋千一样。
  • I must tell you that whenever you walk along the banks of the Seine you see dozens of old men fishing with long, long poles.
  • 我还要告诉你们,无论什么时候沿着塞纳河河岸行走,你们都能看到许多老人拿着很长很长的鱼竿在那里垂钓。
  • I don't think they ever catch anything,
  • 我并不认为他们会钓到什么,
  • but they have a lovely time thinking about what they might catch just supposing there were any fish there.
  • 但是假设河里真的有鱼,他们想着自己可能钓到的东西,他们会过得很愉快。
  • We'll try it when you come here with us;
  • 等你们一起来这儿的时候,我们也去试一试吧,
  • perhaps we'11 catch the first fish ever to be caught there.
  • 也许我们将钓到这里有史以来的第一条鱼。
  • I adore you both, my darlings,and don't forget me
  • 我爱你们俩,亲爱的,不要忘记我。
  • Daddy
  • 爸爸


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

1. pay attention to 注意;重视
Don't just keep slogging away. Pay attention to method.
别一个劲儿傻干,要讲究方法。
2. in order to 为了
In order to accomplish this, we must formally record these expectations.
为了达到这个目标,我们必须正式记录这些期望。
3. chop off 砍掉
I asked the Butcher to chop off a piece of meat for me.
我要肉贩帮我切下一块肉。
4. in the middle of 在…中间
A beautiful stone fountain was set in the middle of the garden.
花园中央砌造了一个漂亮的石头喷水池。
5. dozens of 几十;许多
In the East dozens of cities sprang into being.
在东部,几十座新城市诞生了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
swing [swiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 摇摆,改变,冲力
v. 摇摆,旋转,动摇

联想记忆
rainbow ['reinbəu]

想一想再看

n. 彩虹
adj.五彩缤纷的

 
cast [kɑ:st]

想一想再看

v. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
adore [ə'dɔ:]

想一想再看

vt. 崇拜,爱慕

联想记忆
butcher ['butʃə]

想一想再看

n. 屠夫,刽子手,肉商,小贩
vt. 屠宰,

联想记忆
saint [seint]

想一想再看

n. 圣人,圣徒
vt. 把 ... 封为圣人

 
fountain ['fauntin]

想一想再看

n. 喷泉,源泉,储水容器,泉水
v. 使像喷

 
seine [sein, si:n]

想一想再看

n. 塞纳河(法国北部河流)

联想记忆
candle ['kændl]

想一想再看

n. 蜡烛

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。