您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
公开课 >
斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 >
正文
- Startups are all consuming.
- 创业是很耗人的
- If you start a start up, it will take over your life to a degree that you cannot imagine.
- 如果你开始创业,创业就会以你难以想象的程度占据你的生活
- And if it succeeds, it will take over your life for a long time.
- 如果创业成功,很长一段时间你都得耗在该事业上
- For several years, at the very least. Maybe a decade.
- 少则几年,可能十年
- Maybe the rest of your working life.
- 甚至可能工作一辈子
- So there's a real opportunity cost here,
- 有机会成本在里面
- it may seem to you that Larry Page has an enviable life,
- 你可能羡慕Larry Page(谷歌创始人)的生活
- but there are parts of it that are definitely unenviable.
- 但是有些地方是没什么可羡慕的
- The way the world looks to him, is that he started running as fast as he could at age 25.
- 他的生活是这样的,他从25岁开始就全力奔跑
- And he has not stopped to catch his breath since.
- 他来不及停下来喘口气
- Every day, shit happens within the Google empire that only the emperor can deal with.
- 每天都有一些麻烦事困扰着谷歌帝国,只有“国王”出马才能解决
- And he, as the emperor, has to deal with it.
- Larry Page作为”国王”不得不出马
- If he goes on vacation for even a week, a whole backlog of shit accumulates.
- 即使他才度假一周,麻烦事都能堆成山
- And he has to bear this uncomplainingly, because, number one,as the company's daddy, he can never show fear or weakness.
- 他不得不毫无怨言地处理这些麻烦事,原因一是,作为公司的老大,他决不能显示出恐惧与软弱
- And number two, if you're a billionaire,
- 原因二是,亿万富翁如果抱怨自己生活艰难的话
- you get zero, actually less than zero sympathy if you complain about having a difficult life.
- 人们不会有一丁点的同情,甚至觉得他矫情
- Which has this strange side effect
- 这是事业成功的一个副作用
- that the difficulty of being a successful startup founder is concealed from almost everyone who's done it.
- 成为一名成功的创业者要经历很多苦难,而且无处倾诉,只能吞在肚里
- People who win the hundred meters in the Olympics, like they walk up to them and they're going like, right.
- 奥林匹克百米冠军跑完后气喘吁吁
- Larry Page is doing that too, but you never get to see it.
- Larry Page也这样,但是我们却看不到
- All right, where are we?
- 说到哪了?
- Y Combinator has now funded several companies that could be called big successes.
- YC孵化了一些异常成功的公司
- And in every single case, the founders say the same thing, it never gets any easier.
- 其中每家公司的创始人都说自己从没有轻松过
- The nature of the problems change.
- 不同的公司出现的问题不一样
- So, you may be worrying about more glamorous problems
- 他们的问题可能更“高大上”一些
- like construction delays in your new London offices,
- 例如,伦敦的新办公室交接延期了
- rather than the broken air conditioner in your studio apartment.
- 你们的问题可能是,公寓型工作室的空调坏了
- But the total volume of worry never decreases, if anything, it increases.
- 他们面临的问题的数目只增不减
- Starting a successful startup is similar to having kids,
- 创立成功的公司和生孩子有相似之处
- in that it's like a button you press, that changes your life irrevocably.
- 一旦按下“开始键”,你的生活彻底变了
- And while it is, like, honestly the best thing in the world having kids.
- 诚然,有小宝贝是世上最美好的事情
- If you take away one thing from this lecture, remember that.
- 如果你从该课只能学到一点的话,就是这一点
- There are a lot of things that are easier to do after you, before you have kids, than after.
- 有很多事在有孩子前比较好办,有了后就不好办了
- Many of which will make you a better parent, when you do have kids.
- 这些约束使你成为了更好的父母
- And so, in rich countries, most people delay pushing the button for a while.
- 在发达国家,大部分人会推迟生孩子
- And I'm sure you are all intimately familiar with that procedure.
- 你们懂得
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
本课中Paul Graham首先讲了创业中反直觉的几条原则:1.不能跟着直觉走;2.成功创业需要的并不是创业知识专家;3.找诀窍在创业中是行不通的;4.创业比想象中的还要艰辛;5.创业前途未卜;6.获得创意的方法就是不去刻意想创意。后来是提问回答环节,他回答了学生的一些问题,其中包含但不限于以下问题:1.读商学院对有志创业的人有用吗?2.怎么管理最初的两三个员工呢?3.目前处于泡沫期吗?4.对目前一种趋势的看法5.对女性创业者融资有什么建议?6.工作和生活中有什么方法使自己高效?7.把小项目变成创业公司 什么时候是契机呢?
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201605/443237.shtml