您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
公众人物毕业演讲 >
正文
- Be the best father you can be to your children.
- 当好父亲 尽最大努力照顾你的子女.
- Because nothing is more important.
- 因为没有比这更重要的.
- I was raised by a heroic single mom.
- 我由单亲妈妈带大 她是一位英雄.
- Wonderful grandparents made incredible sacrifices for me.
- 还有极好的外祖父母 他们为我牺牲了很多.
- And I know there are moms and grandparents here today who did.
- 我知道今天也有很多母亲和祖辈到场.
- The same thing for all of you.
- 他们对你们付出得同样多.
- But I sure wish I had had a father who was not only present, but involved.
- 但我也希望我有一个父亲 不仅到场 而且称职.
- Didn't know my dad.
- 我不认识我父亲.
- And so my whole life, I!ve tried to be for Michelle and my girls.
- 所以终我一生 我将为米歇尔和女儿们.
- What my father was not for my mother and me.
- 提供我父亲亏欠我母亲和我的东西.
- I want to break that cycle where a father is not at home.
- 我要打破这种轮回 家里不能没有一个父亲.
- Where a father is not helping to raise that son or daughter.
- 家里不能没有一个支撑家庭 抚养子女的父亲.
- I want to be a better father, a better husband, a better man.
- 我要当一个更好的父亲 更好的丈夫 更好的男人.
- It's hard work that demands your constant attention and frequent sacrifice.
- 这很艰难 需要持续的关怀和牺牲.
- And I promise you, Michelle will tell you I!m not perfect.
- 我保证 米歇尔会告诉你们 我并不完美.
- She's got a long list of my imperfections.
- 关于我的缺点 她能列出很长的清单.
- Even now, I!m still practicing, I!m still learning.
- 哪怕现在 我还在练习 还在学习.
- Still getting corrected in terms of how to be a fine husband and a good father.
- 还在纠正错误 以成为一个更称职的丈夫和父亲.
- But I will tell you this:.
- 不过我可以告诉你们.
- Everything else is unfulfilled if we fail at family, if we fail at that responsibility.
- 连家庭和相关责任都无法担起的人 注定一无是处.
- I know that when I am on my deathbed someday.
- 我敢肯定 当我某天临终卧床之时.
- I will not be thinking about any particular legislation I passed.
- 我不会去回忆我通过了哪些法案.
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
人物简介
本视频是美国总统巴拉克·奥巴马在莫尔豪斯学院2013年毕业典礼上的演讲。莫尔豪斯学院是美国黑人运动先驱马丁·路德·金的母校,也是一所传统上招收黑人的美国私立男子文理学院。奥巴马作为美国历史上第一位黑人总统,到此鼓励黑人学生。他告诫黑人青年,不要把种族歧视当做个人失败的借口,要努力成为一个好男人、好丈夫、好父亲。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201605/443085.shtml