手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第43期:找诀窍是行不通的(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • The third counterintuitive thing to remember about startups.
  • 要记住的第三条与直觉相悖的原则
  • Starting a startup is where gaming the system stops working.
  • 找诀窍在创业中是行不通的
  • Gaming the system may continue to work if you go to work for a big company.
  • 如果你在一家大公司上班,钻空子可能行得通
  • Depending on how broken the company is you may be able to succeed by sucking up to the right person.
  • 要看这家公司有多么腐朽了,你可能会这样讨好有可能提拔你的上司
  • Giving the impression of productivity by sending emails late at night.
  • 半夜给他发邮件,给他留下个工作努力的好印象
  • Or if your smart enough, changing the clock on your computer, cause whose going to check the headers, right?
  • 耍点小聪明的话,改改电脑时钟,给他发封“定时邮件”,没人会查页眉,看你到底是什么时候发的邮件
  • But, I like an audience I tell jokes like that to and they laugh.
  • 我很享受给观众讲笑话,看你们笑得很嗨
  • Over in the business school, headers, okay.
  • 商学院的孩子们是不懂什么是“页眉”的
  • God this thing is being recorded, I just realized that.
  • 忘了在录像了,刚想起来
  • All right, from now on, we are sticking strictly to the script.
  • 下面,我还是照着草稿念吧~
  • All right. But in startups, that does not work.
  • 小把戏在创业中是行不通的
  • There is no boss to trick.
  • 你找不到上司去讨好
  • There's no, how can you trick people if there's no one to trick?
  • 没上司的话,你去讨好谁呢?
  • There's only users. And all users care about is whether your software.
  • 只有顾客,顾客关心的是
  • Does what they want, right? They're like sharks.
  • 你的产品能不能满足他们的需求,顾客就像鲨鱼
  • Sharks are, like, too stupid to fool.
  • 鲨鱼简单得没法欺骗
  • You can't, like, wave a red flag at a shark and fool it, it's like, meat or no meat.
  • 你不能晃个旗子,调戏鲨鱼,有肉就是有肉,没肉就是没肉,没法骗它
  • So, you have to have something people want.
  • 你必须有让顾客满意的产品
  • And you only prosper to the extend that you do.
  • 不断完善产品
  • The dangerous thing is, particularly for you guys,
  • 有一点需要警惕,尤其是对你们而言
  • the dangerous thing is that faking does work to some extent with investors.
  • 需要警惕的是,耍手段有时能应付投资者
  • You, if you're really good at knowing what you're talking about.
  • 如果你巧舌如簧
  • You can fool investors for one, maybe two rounds of funding.
  • 你可以在一两轮融资中忽悠到投资者
  • But it's not in your interest to.
  • 但是这么做对你没什么好处
  • I mean, you're all doing this for equity.
  • 我指的是,你这么做无非是为了股权
  • You're playing a confidence trick on yourself.
  • 你其实在玩你自己
  • You're wasting your own time, because the startup is doomed.
  • 浪费自己的时间,因为创业早已注定是失败
  • And all you're doing is, you're just gonna waste your time writing it down.
  • 你所做的就是浪费时间,做无用功
  • So, stop looking for the trick.
  • 不要再找什么窍门了
  • There are tricks in the startups, as there are in any domain.
  • 和其他领域一样,创业的确也有些技巧
  • But they are an order of magnitude less important than solving the real problem.
  • 但是这些技巧远没有解决实际问题重要
  • Someone who knows zero about fund raising but has made something users really love will have an easier time raising money.
  • 一个人对融资一无所知,但是却有令用户喜爱的产品和那些熟谙各种创业书中的秘诀
  • Than someone who knows every trick in the book, but has a flat usage graph.
  • 却产品平平没法吸引很多用户的人比,他更容易募到资金
  • Though in a sense it's bad news that gaming the startups stops works gaming the system, stops working now.
  • 在创业中 “窍门”行不通,让人有些沮丧
  • In a sense that you're deprived of one of your most powerful weapons and afterall something you have spent 20 years mastering.
  • 因为,你们研习了20来年的功夫现在用不上了
  • It is something, I find it very exciting.
  • 我个人觉得挺有意思的
  • That there even exists parts of the world where gaming the system is not how you win.
  • 竟然有些领域“窍门”用不上!
  • I would have been really excited in college
  • 如果在上大学时,我就知道
  • if I had explicitly realized that there were parts of the world where gaming the system matters less than others.
  • 在有些领域“窍门”不是那么重要,在有的领域甚至用不上
  • And some where it hardly matters at all.
  • 我当时得乐坏了
  • But there are,
  • 但是
  • and this is one of the most important things to think about when you're planning your future.
  • 当你在规划未来时这是要考虑的要点之一
  • Got that, okay.
  • 明白了吧?
  • How do you win at each type of the work?
  • 在做不同工作时,你怎么做才能成功?
  • And what do you want to win by doing?
  • 通过努力,你想得到什么?
  • So, that brings us to our fourth counterintuitive point.
  • 这就引导我们进入了反直觉的第四点


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

本课中Paul Graham首先讲了创业中反直觉的几条原则:1.不能跟着直觉走;2.成功创业需要的并不是创业知识专家;3.找诀窍在创业中是行不通的;4.创业比想象中的还要艰辛;5.创业前途未卜;6.获得创意的方法就是不去刻意想创意。后来是提问回答环节,他回答了学生的一些问题,其中包含但不限于以下问题:1.读商学院对有志创业的人有用吗?2.怎么管理最初的两三个员工呢?3.目前处于泡沫期吗?4.对目前一种趋势的看法5.对女性创业者融资有什么建议?6.工作和生活中有什么方法使自己高效?7.把小项目变成创业公司 什么时候是契机呢?


重点单词   查看全部解释    
strictly ['striktli]

想一想再看

adv. 严格地

 
equity ['ekwəti]

想一想再看

n. 权益,产权,(无固定利息的)股票,衡平法

联想记忆
confidence ['kɔnfidəns]

想一想再看

adj. 骗得信任的
n. 信任,信心,把握

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 
explicitly [ik'splisitli]

想一想再看

adv. 明白地,明确地

 
doomed [dumd]

想一想再看

adj. 命中注定的 动词doom的过去式和过去分词

 
extend [iks'tend]

想一想再看

v. 扩充,延伸,伸展,扩展

联想记忆
flag [flæg]

想一想再看

n. 旗,旗帜,信号旗
vt. (以旗子)标出

联想记忆
extent [iks'tent]

想一想再看

n. 广度,宽度,长度,大小,范围,范围,程度

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。