手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 化学秘密(第3级) > 正文

化学秘密(MP3+中英字幕) 第16期:报告(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • John thought of his children, sailing on the river in their boat.
  • 约翰想到他的孩子们,乘他们的船行驶在这条河上。
  • He thought of the seals, and people fishing, and little children playing on the beach and swimming.
  • 他想到海豹,想到人们钓鱼,想到小孩们在河滩上玩耍,在河里游泳。
  • 'We've got to build them! 'he said.
  • 他说:“我们不得不造机器!”
  • David Wilson looked at him carefully.
  • 大卫·威尔逊仔细地看着他。
  • His voice, when he spoke, was very quiet and hard.
  • 他说话时的声音非常平静而且坚定。
  • Listen to me, John.You're a very good scientist, and we're lucky to have you in this company.
  • 听我说,约翰。你是一个很出色的科学家,我们有幸雇你在这个公司干活。
  • But you're not a businessman, and I am.
  • 但是你不是一个商人,而我是。你瞧。
  • 'Look at this.'He picked up a sheet of paper, and held it across the table for John to see.
  • 他拿起一张纸,从桌子对面递过来给约翰看。
  • It showed how much money the company had.
  • 它显示出公司有多少钱。
  • We borrowed ten million pounds last year, and we employed four hundred more people.
  • 去年我们借了1000万英镑,并且又雇用了400人。
  • Think how much that means to a small town like this!
  • 想想对这样一个小镇来说这意味着多少?
  • 'I know, 'said John.'But…'
  • “我知道,”约翰说。“但是……”
  • Just a minute.Listen to me.If we build these cleaning machines of yours, people will lose their jobs—a lot of people!
  • 等等。听我说。如果我们制造你建议的这些净化机器,人们将会丢失他们的工作——很多人!
  • This company can't afford to borrow any more money, John.We just can't do it!
  • 这个公司担负不起借更多的钱,约翰。我们真是不能那样做。
  • John stood up.
  • 约翰站了起来。
  • And what happens if people get ill because of this? Have you thought of that?What will the newspapers say then?
  • 那么如果人们因此而得病怎么办?你想过没有?到那时报纸会怎么说?
  • No one will get ill, because no one drinks that water, John.
  • 没人会得病,因为没人喝那种水,约翰。
  • The newspapers will never know about it.
  • 报纸永远不会知道此事。
  • They will if I tell them.
  • 如果我告诉他们,他们就会知道。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

John thought of his childrensailing on the river in their boatHe thought of the sealsand people fishingand little children playing on the beach and swimming'We've got to build them'he said

约翰想到他的孩子们,乘他们的船行驶在这条河上。他想到海豹,想到人们钓鱼,想到小孩们在河滩上玩耍,在河里游泳。他说:“我们不得不造机器!”
David Wilson looked at him carefullyHis voicewhen he spokewas very quiet and hard'Listen to meJohnYou're a very good scientistand we're lucky to have you in this com-panyBut you're not a businessmanand I amLook at this'He picked up a sheet of paperand held it across the table for John to seeIt showed how much money the compa-ny had'We borrowed ten million pounds last yearand we employed four hundred more peopleThink how much that means to a small town like this'
大卫·威尔逊仔细地看着他。他说话时的声音非常平静而且坚定。“听我说,约翰。你是一个很出色的科学家,我们有幸雇你在这个公司干活。但是你不是一个商人,而我是。你瞧。”他拿起一张纸,从桌子对面递过来给约翰看。它显示出公司有多少钱。“去年我们借了1000万英镑,并且又雇用了400人。想想对这样一个小镇来说这意味着多少?”
'I know'said John'But'
“我知道,”约翰说。“但是……”
'Just a minuteListen to meIf we build these cleaning machines of yourspeople will lose their jobsa lot of peopleThis company can't afford to borrow any more moneyJohnWe just can't do it'
“等等。听我说。如果我们制造你建议的这些净化机器,人们将会丢失他们的工作——很多人!这个公司担负不起借更多的钱,约翰。我们真是不能那样做。”
John stood up'And what happens if people get ill because of thisHave you thought of thatWhat will the newspapers say then'
约翰站了起来。“那么如果人们因此而得病怎么办?你想过没有?到那时报纸会怎么说?”
'No one will get illbecause no one drinks that waterJohnThe newspapers will never know about it'
“没人会得病,因为没人喝那种水,约翰。报纸永远不会知道此事。”
'They will if I tell them'
“如果我告诉他们,他们就会知道。”


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。