手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之心灵的世界:精神疾病有什么可笑的?(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Go figure.
  • 想想看
  • But I got a little bad news for you folks. I got some bad news.
  • 我这里也有些坏消息想对你们说,我有些坏消息
  • This isn't for the one in four. This is for the four in four.
  • 比例不是四分之一,而是四分之四
  • We are not equipped for the 21st century.
  • 我们还没准备好过21世纪
  • Evolution did not prepare us for this.
  • 进化并没有帮我们做好准备,
  • We just don't have the bandwidth, and for people who say, oh, they're having a nice day,
  • 我们没有相关的连接,对于那些人说他们过了美好的一天
  • they're perfectly fine, they're more insane than the rest of us.
  • 说他们过得非常好,他们比我们其他人还要疯狂
  • Because I'll show you where there might be a few glitches in evolution.
  • 因为我会给你们看哪里会有些进化的故障,
  • Okay, let me just explain this to you.
  • 好,让我解释给你们听
  • When we were ancient man a millions of years ago,
  • 当我们是古人的时候,几百万年以前,
  • and we suddenly felt threatened by a predator, okay?
  • 我们突然受到捕食者的威胁,好吗?
  • We would...Thank you. I drew these myself.
  • 我们会,谢谢,我自己画的
  • Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you.
  • 非常感谢,谢谢,谢谢
  • Thank you. Anyway, we would fill up with our own adrenaline and our own cortisol,
  • 谢谢,不管怎么说,我们会激增自己的肾上腺素和提脂醇,
  • and then we'd kill or be killed,
  • 然后我们会展开杀戮或被杀
  • we'd eat or we'd be eaten, and then suddenly we'd de-fuel, and we'd go back to normal. Okay.
  • 我们会进食或被食,我们会瞬间发泄出这些化学物质,然后我们回到正常,好的
  • So the problem is, nowadays, with modern man
  • 问题是,现在的现代人
  • when we feel in danger, we still fill up with our own chemical
  • 当我们感到危险时,我们依然激增身体的化学物质
  • but because we can't kill traffic wardens or eat estate agents,
  • 但因为我们不能杀掉交通管制员或吃掉地产经纪人,
  • the fuel just stays in our body over and over,
  • 这些物质一直在我们的身体里面反反复复地,
  • so we're in a constant state of alarm, a constant state.
  • 所以我们一直处在持续警惕的状态,一个持续的状态,
  • And here's another thing that happened.
  • 然后发生了另一件事
  • About 150,000 years ago, when language came online,
  • 大概15万年前,语言开始形成
  • we started to put words to this constant emergency,
  • 我们开始把这种持续警惕的状态用语言表达出来
  • so it wasn't just, "Oh my God, there's a saber-toothed tiger,"
  • 不止是 “我的天啊,有只剑齿虎”
  • which could be, it was suddenly, "Oh my God, I didn't send the email. Oh my God, my thighs are too fat.
  • 它可以突然是 “我的天,我没发邮件,我的天,我的大腿好粗
  • Oh my God, everybody can see I'm stupid. I didn't get invited to the Christmas party!"
  • 我的天啊,每个人都知道我犯蠢了,我没被邀请去圣诞派对!”
  • So you've got this nagging loop tape that goes over and over again that drives you insane,
  • 你不停地有这唠叨的卷带放着一遍又一遍地把你逼疯了,
  • so, you see what the problem is?
  • 那么,你看到问题所在了吗,
  • What once made you safe now drives you insane.
  • 曾经让你感到安全的东西,现在正把你逼疯
  • I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but somebody has to be.
  • 我很抱歉做了坏消息的信者,但有人得告诉你
  • Your pets are happier than you are.
  • 你的宠物比你更快乐
  • So kitty cat, meow, happy happy happy, human beings, screwed.
  • 小猫咪,喵,快乐快乐快乐,人类,完蛋了
  • Completely and utterly -- so, screwed.
  • 完完全全,彻彻底底地,完蛋了
  • But my point is, if we don't talk about this stuff,
  • 我认为,如果我们不谈论这些问题
  • and we don't learn how to deal with our lives,
  • 如果我们不学会处理我们的生活,
  • it's not going to be one in four.
  • 那就不会再是四个中一个有问题,
  • It's going to be four in four who are really, really going to get ill in the upstairs department.
  • 而是四个里面全都有问题,他们真的会生病住进高层病房
  • And while we're at it, can we please stop the stigma?
  • 如果真的发生了,我们可不可以不再冠以污名
  • Thank you.
  • 谢谢


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

身体疾病可博取同情,喜剧演员鲁比·怀克丝说到,除了那些大脑生病的。为什么会那样?活力四射幽默感十足的怀克丝,十年前被诊断出临床忧郁症,她敦促我们杜绝精神疾病的污名。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
drives

想一想再看

n. 驱动器;驱动力;驱动程序(drive的复数形式)

 
constant ['kɔnstənt]

想一想再看

adj. 经常的,不变的
n. 常数,恒量

联想记忆
evolution [.i:və'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 进化,发展,演变

联想记忆
predator ['predətə]

想一想再看

n. 食肉动物,掠夺者

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
stigma ['stigmə]

想一想再看

n. 耻辱,污名 n. 柱头

联想记忆
estate [is'teit]

想一想再看

n. 财产,房地产,状态,遗产

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。