手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之心灵的世界:精神疾病有什么可笑的?(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Because, you know, the one thing, one thing that you get with this disease,
  • 因为有一样东西,得了这种病你会得到它
  • this one comes with a package, is you get a real sense of shame,
  • 这是整套附送的,就是你会感到很羞耻
  • because your friends go, "Oh come on, show me the lump, show me the x-rays,"
  • 因为你的朋友们会说 “来,给我看看肿块,给我看看X光片”
  • and of course you've got nothing to show,
  • 当然你什么都没有可以拿来展示的
  • so you're, like, really disgusted with yourself because you're thinking,
  • 你就会变得很厌恶自己因为你觉得
  • "I'm not being carpet-bombed. I don't live in a township."
  • “没有很多人来看望我,我不是在城镇里生活”
  • So you start to hear these abusive voices, but you don't hear one abusive voice,
  • 你开始听到很多谩骂声,不是一声两声
  • you hear about a thousand -- 100,000 abusive voices,
  • 你能听到近千个万个谩骂声
  • like if the Devil had Tourette's, that's what it would sound like.
  • 就像恶魔患了抽动症,听起来就像那样
  • But we all know in here, you know, there is no Devil, there are no voices in your head.
  • 但我们在座的都知道,并没有恶魔,你的头脑中并没有声音
  • You know that when you have those abusive voices,
  • 当你听到那些谩骂声时
  • all those little neurons get together and in that little gap
  • 所有那些小神经元会聚在一起,在那个小小的狭缝
  • you get a real toxic "I want to kill myself" kind of chemical,
  • 你就会产生“我真想杀了自己”有毒的化学物质
  • and if you have that over and over again on a loop tape, you might have yourself depression.
  • 如果这种情况屡次发生,你可能会让自己得抑郁症
  • Oh, and that's not even the tip of the iceberg.
  • 那还不到冰山一角
  • If you get a little baby, and you abuse it verbally,
  • 如果你有一个小婴儿,你常口头辱骂它
  • its little brain sends out chemicals that are so destructive
  • 它的小脑袋会发出非常具有破坏性的化学物质
  • that the little part of its brain that can tell good from bad just doesn't grow,
  • 以致它脑袋里面分辨美好事物的部分不再生长了
  • so you might have yourself a homegrown psychotic.
  • 你就自己培养了一个精神病者
  • If a soldier sees his friend blown up,
  • 如果一个士兵看到他的朋友被炸了,
  • his brain goes into such high alarm that he can't actually put the experience into words,
  • 他的大脑会进入高度警戒状态,以致他无法把所经历的东西用语言表达出来
  • so he just feels the horror over and over again.
  • 他只是一次又一次地感受到恐惧
  • So here's my question.
  • 那么我有一个问题,
  • My question is, how come when people have mental damage, it's always an active imagination?
  • 我的问题就是,为什么人们有精神创伤的时候,总被认为是主动想象造成的
  • How come every other organ in your body can get sick and you get sympathy, except the brain?
  • 为什么其它身体器官生病时你会得到同情,而大脑除外呢
  • I'd like to talk a little bit more about the brain,
  • 我想谈多一些关于大脑的东西
  • because I know you like that here at TED,
  • 因为我知道TED在座的各位喜欢听
  • so if you just give me a minute here, okay.
  • 请给我一点时间好吗
  • Okay, let me just say, there's some good news.
  • 我就这么说吧,有些好消息
  • There is some good news. First of all, let me say, we've come a long, long way.
  • 有些好消息,首先,我想说,我们一路走来经历了很多
  • We started off as a teeny, teeny little one-celled amoeba,
  • 我们从非常非常小的单细胞变形虫
  • tiny, just sticking onto a rock, and now, voila, the brain.
  • 很小的,贴在一块石头上,现在,看啊,到了大脑
  • Here we go.
  • 我们开始吧
  • This little baby has a lot of horsepower.
  • 这小东西有很大马力
  • It comes completely conscious. It's got state-of-the-art lobes.
  • 它是有完整意识的,它有新生的脑叶
  • We've got the occipital lobe so we can actually see the world.
  • 因为有枕叶所以我们能看到世界
  • We got the temporal lobe so we can actually hear the world.
  • 因为有颞叶所以我们能听到世界上的声音
  • Here we've got a little bit of long-term memory,
  • 这里是我们有长期记忆的部分
  • so, you know that night you want to forget, when you got really drunk? Bye-bye! Gone.
  • 你很想忘记某天晚上真的喝醉了,拜拜,忘记了
  • So actually, it's filled with 100 billion neurons just zizzing away, electrically transmitting information, zizzing, zizzing.
  • 事实上,大脑有1000亿个神经元,带电吱吱吱地传导着信息,吱吱吱吱
  • I'm going to give you a little side view here.
  • 我来给你们看看一些侧观
  • I don't know if you can get that here.
  • 我不知道你们能不能看清楚
  • So, zizzing away, and so...
  • 吱吱,那么...
  • And for every one I know, I drew this myself. Thank you.
  • 对每个,这是我自己画,谢谢
  • For every one single neuron, you can actually have
  • 对每一个神经元来说,你事实上可以
  • from 10,000 to 100,000 different connections
  • 有1万到10万种不同的连接
  • or dendrites or whatever you want to call it, and every time you learn something, or you have an experience,
  • 或神经树突或不管你怎么叫,每一次你学到东西或经历了一些事
  • that bush grows, you know, that bush of information.
  • 树突就会成长,就是信息的树突
  • Can you imagine, every human being is carrying that equipment, even Paris Hilton?
  • 你可以想象么,每个人都有那样的装备,甚至是帕丽斯·希尔顿


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

身体疾病可博取同情,喜剧演员鲁比·怀克丝说到,除了那些大脑生病的。为什么会那样?活力四射幽默感十足的怀克丝,十年前被诊断出临床忧郁症,她敦促我们杜绝精神疾病的污名。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
depression [di'preʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沮丧,萧条

联想记忆
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
sympathy ['simpəθi]

想一想再看

n. 同情,同情心,同感,赞同,慰问

联想记忆
destructive [di'strʌktiv]

想一想再看

adj. 破坏性的,有害的

联想记忆
abuse [ə'bju:s,ə'bju:z]

想一想再看

n. 滥用,恶习
vt. 滥用,辱骂,虐待

联想记忆
psychotic [sai'kɔtik]

想一想再看

adj. 精神病的 n. 精神病患者

联想记忆
mental ['mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的
n. 精

联想记忆
toxic ['tɔksik]

想一想再看

adj. 有毒的
n. 有毒物质

联想记忆
conscious ['kɔnʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 神志清醒的,意识到的,自觉的,有意的

联想记忆
neuron ['njuərɔn]

想一想再看

n. 神经元,神经细胞

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。