vt. 保护,投保
您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲MP3+字幕 > TED演讲之国际问题篇 > 正文
- So the shorthand is five parents of four children in three states.
- 五位父母,生了四个孩子,生活在三个不同的州。
- And there are people who think that the existence of my family somehow undermines or weakens or damages their family.
- 当然有些人会认为,这样的家庭的存在,在某种程度上破坏或削弱,甚至损害了他们的家庭。
- And there are people who think that families like mine shouldn't be allowed to exist.
- 也有些人认为像我们这样的家庭不应该被允许存在。
- And I don't accept subtractive models of love, only additive ones.
- 我不接受消减中的爱,只求递增的爱。
- And I believe that in the same way that we need species diversity to ensure that the planet can go on,
- 同时我也相信,我们需要物种的多样性来确保地球可以延续下去,
- so we need this diversity of affection and diversity of family in order to strengthen the ecosphere of kindness.
- 因此,我们需要这种多样化的感情和家庭来强化仁慈的生物圈。
- The day after our son was born,
- 在我们儿子出生后的第二天,
- the pediatrician came into the hospital room and said she was concerned.
- 儿科医生走进病房说,她很担心。
- He wasn't extending his legs appropriately.
- 他没有适当地伸展他的双腿。
- She said that might mean that he had brain damage.
- 她说这可能意味着他有脑损伤。
- In so far as he was extending them, he was doing so asymmetrically,
- 当他伸腿时,又很不对称,
- which she thought could mean that there was a tumor of some kind in action.
- 她以为这可能意味着有某种类型的肿瘤。
- And he had a very large head, which she thought might indicate hydrocephalus.
- 他的头非常大,她认为这可能意味着他有脑积水。
- And as she told me all of these things,
- 当她告诉我这些事情的时候,
- I felt the very center of my being pouring out onto the floor.
- 我觉得我的身体要倒下去似的。
- And I thought, here I had been working for years on a book about how much meaning people had found in the experience of parenting children who are disabled,
- 我想,我花很多年写的书,关于人们养育残疾子女的经验给他们带来了怎样的意义,
- and I didn't want to join their number.
- 但我还是不想加入他们,
- Because what I was encountering was an idea of illness.
- 我想到的是疾病。
- And like all parents since the dawn of time,
- 就像所有的父母那样,从孩子出生那刻起,
- I wanted to protect my child from illness.
- 我想要我的孩子健康。
- And I wanted also to protect myself from illness.
- 同时我也想自己远离疾病。

扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
养育一个和你有本质差异的孩子(他/她可能是神童,残疾人或罪犯)有着怎样的感触?在这个平和且感人至深的演讲中,作家安德鲁·所罗门分享了他和诸多父母的交谈:关于无条件的爱和无条件的接纳之间的那条线。

- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: