手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之心灵的世界:一段精神疾病的传奇--从内心看起

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • So I'm a woman with chronic schizophrenia.
  • 我是一个患有慢性精神分裂症的女人
  • I've spent hundreds of days in psychiatric hospitals.
  • 我曾经有几百天都待在精神病医院里面
  • I might have ended up spending most of my life on the back ward of a hospital,
  • 也许我有可能一生大部分时间都待在医院的病房里
  • but that isn't how my life turned out.
  • 但是我的人生并没有这样
  • In fact, I've managed to stay clear of hospitals for almost three decades,
  • 事实上,我成功的离开了医院将近三十年了
  • perhaps my proudest accomplishment.
  • 这可能是我最自豪的成就了
  • That's not to say that I've remained clear of all psychiatric struggles.
  • 但是这并不代表我没有精神上的挣扎
  • After I graduated from the Yale Law School and got my first law job,
  • 当我从耶鲁大学毕业以后我得到了第一份法律工作,
  • my New Haven analyst, Dr. White,
  • 我在纽黑文的医生怀特先生
  • announced to me that he was going to close his practice in three months,
  • 告诉我他将在三个月之后停止他的治疗工作。
  • several years before I had planned to leave New Haven.
  • 这发生在我准备离开纽黑文的几年前。
  • White had been enormously helpful to me,
  • 外特对我有很大的帮助,
  • and the thought of his leaving shattered me.
  • 想到他的离开几乎让我崩溃
  • My best friend Steve, sensing that something was terribly wrong,
  • 我最好的朋友史蒂夫,感觉到了有东西很不对
  • flew out to New Haven to be with me.
  • 飞到了纽黑文来和我待在一起
  • Now I'm going to quote from some of my writings:
  • 现在我要读一段我自己的笔记了:
  • "I opened the door to my studio apartment.
  • 我打开我一室一厅的房子
  • Steve would later tell me that,
  • 史蒂夫后来告诉我
  • for all the times he had seen me psychotic, nothing could have prepared him for what he saw that day.
  • 即使他多次见过我病发的时候,也还是为他当天见到的我吃惊。
  • For a week or more, I had barely eaten.
  • 我有一个星期没怎么吃东西了
  • I was gaunt. I walked as though my legs were wooden.
  • 我很憔悴,我走路的时候感觉自己的脚是木头做的
  • My face looked and felt like a mask.
  • 我感觉自己的脸是一张面具
  • I had closed all the curtains in the apartment,
  • 我把所有的窗帘都关起来了
  • so in the middle of the day the apartment was in near total darkness.
  • 正午的时候我的房间几乎是完全黑暗的
  • The air was fetid, the room a shambles.
  • 空气难闻,屋子凌乱
  • Steve, both a lawyer and a psychologist, has treated many patients with severe mental illness,
  • 史蒂夫,作为一个律师和心理学家,治疗过很多有严重精神病的患者,
  • and to this day he'll say I was as bad as any he had ever seen.
  • 直到今天他会觉得这是他见过的最坏的情况了
  • 'Hi,' I said, and then I returned to the couch, where I sat in silence for several moments.
  • “你好”,我说,然后回到我沉静了一时的沙发上
  • 'Thank you for coming, Steve.
  • 谢谢你的到来
  • Crumbling world, word, voice.
  • 摇摇欲坠的世界,词,声音
  • Tell the clocks to stop.
  • 告诉钟停下来
  • Time is. Time has come.'
  • 时间,时间来了
  • 'White is leaving,' Steve said somberly.
  • “外特要离开了”,史蒂夫说
  • 'I'm being pushed into a grave. The situation is grave,' I moan.
  • “我被推倒坟墓里了,处境就是坟墓”我呻吟到
  • 'Gravity is pulling me down. I'm scared. Tell them to get away.'"
  • 地心引力在把我往下拉,我很害怕,告诉他们离开“
  • As a young woman, I was in a psychiatric hospital on three different occasions for lengthy periods.
  • 作为一个年轻女人,我在精神病院里待过三段很长的时间。
  • My doctors diagnosed me with chronic schizophrenia, and gave me a prognosis of "grave."
  • 我的医生给我诊断了慢性精神分裂,给了我一个”不乐观“的预测
  • That is, at best, I was expected to live in a board and care, and work at menial jobs.
  • 就是说,我只能在看护下活着,做很低下的工作
  • Fortunately, I did not actually enact that grave prognosis.
  • 但是很幸运的是,我其实没有执行这个预测
  • Instead, I'm a chaired Professor of Law, Psychology and Psychiatry at the USC Gould School of Law,
  • 相反,我是一个南加州大学Gould法学院的首席法律教授,心理学教授,精神病学教授。
  • I have many close friends and I have a beloved husband, Will, who's here with us today.
  • 我有很多亲近的朋友和亲爱的丈夫,他今天也来了
  • Thank you.
  • 谢谢!
  • He's definitely the star of my show.
  • 他当然是我人生中的明星。
  • I'd like to share with you how that happened, and also describe my experience of being psychotic.
  • 我想和你分享这是怎样发生的,而且向你描述我作为一个精神病患者
  • I hasten to add that it's my experience,
  • 我想说的是,这只是我的经历
  • because everyone becomes psychotic in his or her own way.
  • 因为每个人的精神病多有不同的症状
  • Let's start with the definition of schizophrenia.
  • 让我们从精神分裂的定义开始吧


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

我能不能把你的办公室废弃了?这是Elyn对她医生曾问的问题,而且不是开玩笑.一个合法的学术家,在2007年Saks来这里,带着她自己精神分裂症的故事,被治疗和药物所控制但始终存在.在这个强大的演讲中,她请求我们去用清晰的,诚实的,同情的眼光去看待有精神疾病的人们


重点单词   查看全部解释    
silence ['sailəns]

想一想再看

n. 沉默,寂静
vt. 使安静,使沉默

 
chronic ['krɔnik]

想一想再看

adj. 长期的,慢性的,惯常的

联想记忆
ward [wɔ:d]

想一想再看

n. 守卫,监护,受监护人,病房,行政区
vt

 
definition [.defi'niʃən]

想一想再看

n. 定义,阐释,清晰度

联想记忆
psychologist [sai'kɔlədʒist]

想一想再看

n. 心理学家

联想记忆
quote [kwəut]

想一想再看

n. 引用
v. 引述,举证,报价

联想记忆
enact [i'nækt]

想一想再看

vt. 制定法律,扮演

联想记忆
enormously

想一想再看

adv. 巨大地,庞大地;非常地,在极大程度上

 
hasten ['heisn]

想一想再看

v. 催促,赶快,急忙

联想记忆
gravity ['græviti]

想一想再看

n. 重力,严重,庄重,严肃

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。