手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > 公众人物毕业演讲 > 正文

第267期:米歇尔2013东肯塔基大学8

编辑:shaun   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • So you should be incredibly proud
  • 所以你们应该异常自豪
  • And I hope that you never lose sight of what brought you to this day
  • 而且我希望永远不要忘记 是什么成就了这一天的你
  • those values that you came here with
  • 也就是你们来到这里时所拥有的价值观
  • and those skills and talents you developed while you were here
  • 还有你们在这里培养出的技巧和才能
  • Because when you pair those two things together, you will
  • 因为这两点加在一起
  • be prepared for whatever comes next, whatever comes next
  • 将会让你有能力应对接下来的任何挑战
  • And that brings me to an important question
  • 这就引出了一个很重要的问题
  • What does come next?
  • 接下来会有什么挑战
  • As I thought about the journey you all are about to embark upon
  • 在我思考你们即将开启的旅程时
  • it reminded me of a conversation I had with my daughter Malia she's my oldest
  • 我想到了我同我大女儿玛丽亚的谈话
  • and this conversation we had when she was 10 years old
  • 这是发生在她十岁时的谈话
  • We were talking about college and our future
  • 我们在讨论大学 以及我们的未来
  • And I told her
  • 我告诉她
  • I always tell my kids
  • 我总跟我的孩子们说
  • I said, once you graduate from college, you cannot come back home
  • 大学毕业后 你就不能回家了
  • Cannot
  • 不能
  • Now, of course, I was joking
  • 当然 我是开玩笑
  • but I still don't want her to know that
  • 但我现在仍然不希望她知道这是玩笑
  • But her response she took it in was one I will never forget
  • 她当时真信了这句话 而她的回话我总记得
  • She said, well, mom, where do you go after college?
  • 她说 妈妈 你大学毕业后去了哪
  • She said, I mean literally, the day after you graduate?
  • 她说 我是说正好毕业后的那一天
  • She said, because you're not in school, and you can't come home
  • 你既要离开学校 又不能回家
  • So where do you go?
  • 那去了哪里呢
  • Now I hope that all of you have an answer for that question today
  • 我希望你们每个人 今天都对这个问题有了答案
  • And hopefully nobody's sleeping out in the ravine
  • 但愿没有人会睡在深谷中
  • But I think there was also something profound about her question
  • 不过我觉得 她的问题中蕴含了某种更深刻的意义
  • Where are you gonna go?
  • 你要去哪里


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

So you should be incredibly proud

所以你们应该异常自豪

And I hope that you never lose sight of what brought you to this day

而且我希望永远不要忘记 是什么成就了这一天的你

those values that you came here with

也就是你们来到这里时所拥有的价值观

and those skills and talents you developed while you were here

还有你们在这里培养出的技巧和才能

Because when you pair those two things together, you will

因为这两点加在一起

be prepared for whatever comes next, whatever comes next

将会让你有能力应对接下来的任何挑战

And that brings me to an important question

这就引出了一个很重要的问题

What does come next?

接下来会有什么挑战

As I thought about the journey you all are about to embark upon

在我思考你们即将开启的旅程时

it reminded me of a conversation I had with my daughter Malia she's my oldest

我想到了我同我大女儿玛丽亚的谈话

and this conversation we had when she was 10 years old

这是发生在她十岁时的谈话

We were talking about college and our future

我们在讨论大学 以及我们的未来

And I told her

我告诉她

I always tell my kids

我总跟我的孩子们说

I said, once you graduate from college, you cannot come back home

大学毕业后 你就不能回家了

Cannot

不能

Now, of course, I was joking

当然 我是开玩笑

but I still don't want her to know that

但我现在仍然不希望她知道这是玩笑

But her response she took it in was one I will never forget

她当时真信了这句话 而她的回话我总记得

She said, well, mom, where do you go after college?

她说 妈妈 你大学毕业后去了哪

She said, I mean literally, the day after you graduate?

她说 我是说正好毕业后的那一天

She said, because you're not in school, and you can't come home

你既要离开学校 又不能回家

So where do you go?

那去了哪里呢

Now I hope that all of you have an answer for that question today

我希望你们每个人 今天都对这个问题有了答案

And hopefully nobody's sleeping out in the ravine

但愿没有人会睡在深谷中

But I think there was also something profound about her question

不过我觉得 她的问题中蕴含了某种更深刻的意义

Where are you gonna go?

你要去哪里

重点单词   查看全部解释    
profound [prə'faund]

想一想再看

adj. 深奥的,深邃的,意义深远的

联想记忆
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
response [ri'spɔns]

想一想再看

n. 回答,响应,反应,答复
n. [宗

联想记忆
embark [im'bɑ:k]

想一想再看

v. 乘船,着手,从事

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。