您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED十佳演讲话题 >
正文
- Hare said the reason why is because capitalism at its most ruthless rewards psychopathic behavior
- Hare解释说原因来自资本主义的冷酷无情造就了精神疾病的行为
- the lack of empathy, the glibness, cunning, manipulative.
- 缺乏同理心,口若悬河,狡猾,控制欲强
- In fact, capitalism, perhaps at its most remorseless, is a physical manifestation of psychopathy.
- 事实上,或许冷酷无情的资本主义,正是精神疾病的物质表现
- It's like a form of psychopathy that's come down to affect us all.
- 这也是精神疾病的一种形式,归根到底会影响着我们
- And Hare said to me, "You know what? Forget about some guy at Broadmoor who may or may not have faked madness.
- Hare还跟我说,“你知道吗?别再想布罗德莫精神病院里哪个可能装疯,哪个是真疯
- Who cares? That's not a big story.
- 谁在乎呢?那并不重要,
- The big story," he said, "is corporate psychopathy.
- 重要的是,”他接着说,“是企业型变态人格
- You want to go and interview yourself some corporate psychopaths."
- 你可以亲自去采访一些'企业里的精神病患者'。”
- So I gave it a try. I wrote to the Enron people.
- 所以我就试了下。我给安然公司(Enron)写了信
- I said, "Could I come and interview you in prison to find out it you're psychopaths?"
- 我说,“我能来你们这并在狱中采访下你们,看看你们是不是精神病患者吗?”
- And they didn't reply.
- 之后就杳无音讯了
- So I changed tack.
- 所以我换了另一种方式
- I emailed "Chainsaw Al" Dunlap, the asset stripper from the 1990s.
- 我电邮了“杀手艾尔”Dunlap,90年代开始的资产掠夺者
- He would come into failing businesses and close down 30 percent of the workforce,
- 他能让企业倒闭并失去30%的劳动力
- just turn American towns into ghost towns.
- 他能将美国的城镇变成荒凉之地
- And I emailed him and I said,
- 所以我给他发了电邮说道
- "I believe you may have a very special brain anomaly that makes you special
- “我相信您有一颗独特异常的大脑使您变得如此出众
- and interested in the predatory spirit and fearless.
- 您崇尚掠夺精神并且无所畏惧
- Can I come and interview you about your special brain anomaly?"
- 那我能采访下您关于你那颗特别独特的大脑吗?”
- And he said, "Come on over."
- 然后他说,“过来吧。”
- So I went to Al Dunlap's grand Florida mansion that was filled with sculptures of predatory animals.
- 所以我去了他佛罗里达的大豪宅,到处都是食肉动物的雕塑
- There were lions and tigers.
- 还有狮子和老虎
- He was taking me through the garden.
- 他带着我穿过花园
- There were falcons and eagles.
- 那儿有猎鹰和老鹰
- He was saying to me, "Over there you've got sharks."
- 他跟我说,“在那儿你能看到鲨鱼。”
- He was saying this in a less effeminate way.
- 他说这话的语气还挺霸气的
- "You've got more sharks and you've got tigers."
- “你还会看到更多的鲨鱼和老虎”
- It was like Narnia.
- 那里就像纳尼亚王国
- And then we went into his kitchen.
- 之后我们来到他的厨房
- Now Al Dunlap would be brought in to save failing companies.
- 现在Al Dunlap会被聘请去拯救那些濒临破产的公司
- He'd close down 30 percent of the workforce.
- 他会将劳动力减少30%
- And he'd quite often fire people with a joke.
- 他经常会用开玩笑的口吻炒别人鱿鱼
- For instance, one famous story about him, somebody came up to him and said, "I've just bought myself a new car."
- 举个例子,一个关于他的经典传闻,有人找到他,跟他说,“我刚给自己买了新车。”
- And he said, "You may have a new car, but I'll tell you what you don't have, a job."
- 他说,“你或许有了一辆新车,但我告诉你,你没有的,是一份工作。”
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
演讲简介:
正常和发疯之间是否有明确的界限呢?在这个毛骨悚然的演讲里,Jon Ronson,《精神病测试》的作者,为我们揭开了正常和发疯之间的灰色地带。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201603/430080.shtml