手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之游戏的力量:最棒的游戏社交圈(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Back at SCVNGR, we like to joke that with seven game dynamics,
  • 在SCVNGR的时候,我们总开玩笑说,如果有7个玩游戏的动机的话,
  • you can get anyone to do anything.
  • 我们就能让任何人做任何事情。
  • And so today, I'm going to show you four,
  • 今天我给大家介绍四种,
  • because I hope to have a competitive advantage at the end of this, still.
  • 因为我想保留一些,以保证我的相对优势。
  • So the first one, it's a very simple game dynamic.
  • 第一个,很简单的玩游戏的动机。
  • It's called the appointment dynamic.
  • 它叫做约定动机appointment dynamic。
  • And this is a dynamic in which to succeed,
  • 要想使这种动机发挥作用,
  • players have to do something at a predefined time, generally at a predefined place.
  • 参与游戏者需要在约定的时间做某种事情,通常也约定好了地点。
  • And these dynamics are a little scary sometimes, because you think, you know,
  • 有时这种动机有些吓人,因为,你可以设想,
  • other people can be using forces that will manipulate how I interact: what I do, where I do it, when I do it.
  • 其他人可能用这种力量来控制人们该如何交流,做什么,在什么地方做以及什么时候去做。
  • This sort of loss of free will that occurs in games can be frightening,
  • 在游戏过程中,这种自由的丧失确实存在,有些恐怖,
  • so with each dynamic, I'm going to give three examples:
  • 每种动机我都会举三个例子——
  • one that shows how this is already being used in the real world,
  • 一个是已经在真实世界中应用的例子,
  • so you can sort of rationalize it a little bit;
  • 所以你们可以更好地体会它,
  • one that shows it in what we consider a conventional game --
  • 另一个是指出它在传统游戏中表现——
  • I think everything is a game,
  • 我认为所有的事情都是游戏,
  • but this is sort of more of a what you would think is a game played on a board or on a computer screen,
  • 这与棋盘游戏或者电脑游戏很相似,
  • and then one how this can be used for good,
  • 最后一个例子是如何向着好的方向利用这种动机,
  • so we can see that these forces can really be very powerful.
  • 由此我们可以看到这些力量是如何的强大。
  • So the first one -- the most famous appointment dynamic in the world--is something called happy hour.
  • 第一个例子——也就是世界上有关约定动机的最有名的例子--被称作快乐时刻的例子。
  • So I just recently dropped out of Princeton
  • 因为我刚刚从普林斯顿辍学,
  • and actually ended up for the first time in a bar,
  • 第一次在酒吧中结束学业生涯,
  • and I saw these happy hour things all over the place, right.
  • 我发现在很多地方都有这种优惠时段。
  • And this is simply an appointment dynamic.
  • 这是一种简单的约定动机。
  • Come here at a certain time, get your drinks half off.
  • 在特定的时间到这里聚会,喝一杯半价饮料。
  • To win, all you have to do is show up at the right place at the right time.
  • 为了好处,你会在特定时间出现在特定地方。
  • This game dynamic is so powerful
  • 这种游戏动力如此强大,
  • that it doesn't just influence our behavior, it's influenced our entire culture.
  • 以至于它不仅影响到我们的行为,还影响了整个文化。
  • That's a really scary thought, that one game dynamic can change things so powerfully.
  • 这确实让人害怕,一种玩游戏的动机居然使事情发生如此大的改变。
  • It also exists in more conventional game forms.
  • 这种动机也存在于很多传统游戏中。
  • I'm sure you've all heard of Farmville by now.
  • 我敢肯定你们都听说过了美国农场游戏Farmville。
  • If you haven't, I recommend playing it.
  • 如果你没听过,我推荐你玩一下。
  • You won't do anything else with the rest of your day.
  • 有了它,一天的其他时间里你都不会再去做别的事了。
  • Farmville has more active users than Twitter.
  • 美国农场游戏Farmville的用户比Twitter的用户还活跃。
  • It's incredibly powerful, and it has this dynamic
  • 它的力量是如此的强大,能让你
  • where you have to return at a certain time to water your crops -- fake crops -- or they wilt.
  • 在特定的时刻赶回来玩游戏,为你的庄稼浇水--虚拟的庄稼--否则它们就枯萎了。
  • And this is so powerful that, when they tweak their stats,
  • 它的力量如此强大,当信息显示,
  • when they say your crops wilt after eight hours, or after six hours, or after 24 hours,
  • 你的庄稼会在8个小时、6个小时或者24个小时之后枯萎,
  • it changes the lifecycle of 70 million-some people during the day.
  • 它就能改变这一天7千万人的生物钟。
  • They will return like clockwork at different times.
  • 他们会像闹钟一样准时地在不同时间回来给庄稼浇水。
  • So if they wanted the world to end, if they wanted productivity to stop,
  • 如果制定游戏的人想要农场倒闭,生产力停滞,
  • they could make this a 30-minute cycle, and no one could do anything else, right?
  • 他们可以把浇水的周期改为30分钟,所有人就无法做其他事情了。
  • That's a little scary.
  • 这有些恐怖。
  • But this could also be used for good.
  • 但是也可以用这种动机做好事。
  • This is a local company called Vitality,
  • 有一个本地的企业叫做Vitality,
  • and they've created a product to help people take their medicine on time.
  • 他们生产一种产品来帮助人们按时吃药。
  • That's an appointment.
  • 这是一种约定。
  • It's something that people don't do very well.
  • 在这个方面,有时人们表现的并不好。
  • And they have these GlowCaps, which, you know, flash and email you
  • 所以他们就制造了GlowCaps,能够闪烁,还能够给你发邮件
  • and do all sorts of cool things to remind you to take your medicine.
  • 还会做一些其他有趣的事情来提醒你吃药。
  • This is one that isn't a game yet, but really should be.
  • 这不太像是一种游戏,但实际上它是。
  • You should get points for doing this on time.
  • 当你按时吃药的话,你就能够得分。
  • You should lose points for not doing this on time.
  • 没有做到就要被扣分。
  • They should consciously recognize that they've built an appointment dynamic and leverage the games.
  • 他们应该意识到,他们已经拥有了约定动机,提升了游戏的水平。
  • And then you can really achieve good in some interesting ways.
  • 你确实可以巧妙地利用这一动机做些好事。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

迄今,我们已经习惯了用FacebookTwitter获取网络上的社交关系资源——建立在真实世界上的网络社交圈。在TED波士顿,Seth Priebatsch展望了下一个正在建设中的:“游戏社交圈”,并讲述了非常强劲的,将会改变教育和商业的,行为驱动的游戏动机。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
manipulate [mə'nipjuleit]

想一想再看

vt. 操纵,操作,控制,利用,(巧妙地)处理,篡改

联想记忆
advantage [əd'vɑ:ntidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 优势,有利条件
vt. 有利于

联想记忆
dynamic [dai'næmik]

想一想再看

adj. 动态的,动力的,有活力的
n. 动力

 
leverage ['li:vəridʒ]

想一想再看

n. 杠杆(作用,力量),举债经营 v. (使)举债经营

联想记忆
vitality [vai'tæliti]

想一想再看

n. 活力,生命力

联想记忆
rationalize ['ræʃənəlaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 使合理化,合理地说明,[数]给 ... 消根

 
frightening ['fraitniŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人恐惧的,令人害怕的 动词frighten的

 
achieve [ə'tʃi:v]

想一想再看

v. 完成,达到,实现

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
conventional [kən'venʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 传统的,惯例的,常规的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。