手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第8期:出色的产品

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • So for the next section, I'm gonna talk about building a great product.
  • 下一部分,我将介绍好产品的生产
  • And here again, I'm gonna use a very broad definition of product.
  • 我重申一下,这里的“产品”也是广义的
  • It includes customer support and copyright explaining the product.
  • 包括用户支持(客户服务)和产品说明书
  • Anything involved in your customer's interaction with what you built for them.
  • 这里说的产品包括了你跟消费者之间的一切互动
  • To build a really great company,
  • 要创建一个大公司
  • you first have to turn a great idea into a great product.
  • 首先要把你的创意转化为好产品
  • This is really hard, but it's crucially important,
  • 这一点确实很难,但却至关重要
  • and fortunately it's pretty fun.
  • 不过,这个过程也很有乐趣
  • Although great products are always new to the world and
  • 虽然好产品一般都是首创
  • it's hard to give you advice about what to build,
  • 没法告诉大家要做什么产品
  • there are enough commonalities that we can give you a lot of advice about how to build it.
  • 但在这些产品中,存在一些共性,从共性入手,我们可以给出一些建议
  • One of the most important tasks for a founder is to make sure that the company builds a great product.
  • 公司创始人最重要的任务之一就是确保公司开发的产品有价值
  • Until you've built a great product, almost nothing else matters.
  • 只有开发出优秀的产品,其他的一切才有意义
  • When really successful startup founders tell the story of their early days.
  • 当创业者向你介绍他们创业初期的艰难岁月时
  • It's almost always sitting in front of the computer,
  • 一般都是坐在电脑前边,不断完善产品
  • working on their product or talking to their customers.
  • 或者是跟消费者沟通
  • That's pretty much all the time.
  • 一般都是这样
  • They do very little else,
  • 除此之外,很少有其他的活动
  • and you should be very skeptical if your time allocation is much different.
  • 如果你的情况与此不同,可能你就需要反思自己策略的正确性了
  • Most other problems that founders are trying to solve, raising money, getting more press,
  • 而其他需要解决的问题,比方说融资,增加知名度
  • hiring, business development, et cetera.
  • 招聘员工,商业扩张等等
  • These are significantly easier when you have a great product.
  • 这些问题在有了好产品之后,几乎都会迎刃而解
  • It's really important to take care of that first.
  • 所以首先必须先有一个好产品
  • Step 1, is to build something that users love.
  • 首先,要开发受消费者钟爱的产品
  • At YC, we tell founders to work on their product,
  • 在YC,我们忠告创业者们,除了吃饭睡觉锻炼
  • talk to users, exercise eat and sleep and very little else.
  • 几乎都要忙于完善产品和跟用户沟通
  • All the other stuff I just mentioned, PR conferences, recruiting advisers, doing partnerships,
  • 前边提到的其他问题,比方说公关,会议,招聘顾问,寻找合伙人
  • you should ignore all of that and just build a product.
  • 这些问题都要放到一边,开发产品最重要
  • And get it as good as possible by talking to your users.
  • 通过跟用户沟通,尽量完善自己的产品
  • Your job is to build something that users love.
  • 你要做的是开发受用户钟爱的产品
  • Very few companies that go on to be super successful get there without first doing this.
  • 多数后来发展顺利的大公司都是这么过来的
  • A lot of good on paper startups fail because they merely make something that people like.
  • 很多创业公司策划写的很好,最后却没有成功,就是因为产品不能得到消费者认可
  • Making something that people want,
  • 一定要开发消费者渴求的产品
  • but only a medium amount is a great way to fail and not understand why you're failing.
  • 但只做到中等也是不行的,这样你都不知道自己是败在哪里
  • So these are the two jobs.
  • 好,这两点一定要注意
  • Something that we say at YC a lot is that it's better to build a small number,
  • 我们在YC经常说,与其让你的产品受大部分消费者喜欢
  • it's better to build something that a small number of users love than a large number of users like.
  • 不如让你的产品受小部分消费者钟爱
  • Of course, it'd be best to build something that a small number of users love.
  • 当然最好是能让更多消费者钟爱
  • But opportunities to do that for V1 are rare,
  • 但这不能一蹴而就
  • and they're usually not available to startups.
  • 在创业初期并不好实现
  • So in practice, you end up choosing either the grey or the orange.
  • 所以需要大家在灰色和橙色两种情况中选择
  • You make something that a lot of users like a little bit,
  • 你的产品要么是很多消费者都知道,但消费热情不高
  • or something that a small number of users, like, love a lot.
  • 要么是只为小部分消费者知道,并且钟爱
  • And this is a very important piece of advice.
  • 这一点很重要
  • Build something that a small number of users love.
  • 开发的产品要做到让小部分消费者钟爱
  • It's much easier to expand from something that a small number of
  • 从小部分消费者钟爱的产品
  • people love to something that a lot of people love.
  • 变成大部分消费者钟爱的产品很容易
  • Than from something that a lot of people like to a lot of people love.
  • 至少比反过来的情况要简单多了
  • If you get this right, you can get a lot of other things wrong.
  • 做到了这一点,就算其他条件不成熟也没关系
  • If you don't get this right,
  • 如果做不到这点
  • you can get everything else right, and you'll probably still fail.
  • 就算其他一切顺利,创业也不会成功
  • So when you start on a startup,
  • 所以如果大家要创业的话
  • this is the only thing you need to care about until it's working.
  • 这是最重要的一点


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

本集视频通过美国投资公司Y Combinator总裁山姆·奥特曼和企业家达斯汀·莫斯科维茨讲述创业的原因和创业成功的四个重要因素,帮助观者对于创业形成初步的理解,对自己的情况有专业准确的分析和判断。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
merely ['miəli]

想一想再看

adv. 仅仅,只不过

 
rare [rɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的
ad

 
interaction [.intə'rækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 相互作用,相互影响,互动交流

联想记忆
expand [iks'pænd]

想一想再看

v. 增加,详述,扩展,使 ... 膨胀,
v

联想记忆
definition [.defi'niʃən]

想一想再看

n. 定义,阐释,清晰度

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
copyright ['kɔpirait]

想一想再看

n. 版权,著作权
adj. 版权的

 
skeptical ['skeptikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 怀疑的

联想记忆
ignore [ig'nɔ:]

想一想再看

vt. 不顾,不理,忽视

联想记忆
solve [sɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 解决,解答

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。