手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之游戏的力量:打游戏激起对学习的热情(5)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Most of the educational games that are out there today are really flashcards.
  • 今天的多数教育游戏是过时的,它们只是卡片游戏。
  • They're glorified drill and practice.
  • 它们都是很耗人的和需要人们的耐心来玩。
  • They don't have the depth, the rich narrative that really engaging video games have,
  • 它们没有真正打电子游戏时的那种耐玩性,丰富的游戏互动性,
  • that the boys are really interested in.
  • 这些才会让男孩们真正感兴趣。
  • So we need to design better games.
  • 所以我们要设计更好玩的游戏。
  • We need to talk to teachers and parents and school board members and politicians.
  • 我们要和老师,家长,学校董事会成员和政治家对话。
  • We need to make sure that people see that we need more men in the classroom.
  • 我们必须确保让人们看到,我们要在课堂上有更多的男性老师。
  • We need to look carefully at our zero tolerance policies.
  • 我们要格外关注我们的零容忍政策。
  • Do they make sense?
  • 它们是否合理?
  • We need to think about how to uncompress this curriculum if we can,
  • 我们要思考我们该怎样解压这课程,
  • trying to bring boys back into a space that is comfortable for them.
  • 我们尽量努力让男孩回到适合他们待的地方来。
  • All of those conversations need to be happening.
  • 这所有的对话都要发生。
  • There are some great examples out there of schools
  • 这里也有一些很好的学校--
  • the New York Times just talked about a school recently.
  • 最近纽约时报就谈到一个学校。
  • A game designer from the New School put together a wonderful video gaming school.
  • 新学校的游戏设计者组合了一所非常棒的视频游戏学校。
  • But it only treats a few kids, and so this isn't very scalable.
  • 但它只针对个别的孩子。这种学校非常稀缺。
  • We have to change the culture
  • 所以我们得改变学校里的男孩文化
  • and the feelings that politicians and school board members and parents
  • 和改变政治家,学校董事会成员和父母对待男孩文化的想法,它是有关今天在我们学校,
  • have about the way we accept and what we accept in our schools today.
  • 我们已接受的这种男孩文化方式和我们要去接受的男孩文化。
  • We need to find more money for game design.
  • 我们要给游戏设计投资更多的钱。
  • Because good games, really good games, cost money,
  • 因为好游戏,非常好的游戏是要花钱的,
  • and World of Warcraft has quite a budget.
  • 魔兽世界有相当多的预算。
  • Most of the educational games do not.
  • 大多数教育游戏没有那么多预算。
  • Where we started: my colleagues -- Mike Petner, Shawn Vashaw, myself --
  • 我们从哪里开始呢:我同事--迈克·派特纳,肖恩·瓦绍和我,
  • we started by trying to look at the teachers' attitudes
  • 我们开始了解老师对此的态度
  • and find out how do they really feel about gaming, what do they say about it.
  • 并找出她们真正对游戏的想法,对此她们想说什么。
  • And we discovered that they talk about the kids in their school,
  • 我们发现她们在学校谈到男孩打游戏,
  • who talk about gaming, in pretty demeaning ways.
  • 他们是用一种非常贬损的口吻。
  • They say, "Oh, yeah. They're always talking about that stuff.
  • 她们说,“哦,是的。他们常常谈论视频游戏。
  • They're talking about their little action figures
  • 他们谈论着他们的小英雄人物
  • and their little achievements or merit badges, or whatever it is that they get.
  • 和他们的网上小成绩或者获得的徽章,或者任何他们赢得的奖励。
  • And they're always talking about this stuff."
  • 他们常常谈论这些东西。”
  • And they say these things as if it's okay.
  • 她们说这些话好像是没关系似的。
  • But if it were your culture, think of how that might feel.
  • 但如果这是你的文化呢,想想你会感觉如何?
  • It's very uncomfortable to be on the receiving end of that kind of language.
  • 老师的那种语言对于男孩这些接收者们来说,听上去是非常不舒服的。
  • They're nervous about anything that has anything to do with violence
  • 老师们对任何涉及暴力的东西都感到焦虑,
  • because of the zero tolerance policies.
  • 这是因为零容忍的政策。
  • They are sure that parents and administrators will never accept anything.
  • 男孩知道他们的父母和校官绝不会接受这一切。
  • So we really need to think about looking at teacher attitudes
  • 所以我们的确要思考审视老师的态度
  • and finding ways to change the attitudes
  • 找到改变这态度的方法
  • so that teachers are much more open and accepting of boy cultures in their classrooms.
  • 好让老师更加宽容,以开放的态度来接受在课堂上的这种男孩文化。
  • Because, ultimately, if we don't,
  • 因为,最终,我们要是不改变,
  • then we're going to have boys who leave elementary school saying,
  • 就会有离开小学的男孩子说,
  • "Well I guess that was just a place for girls. It wasn't for me.
  • “好吧,我猜学校只是适合女生待;并不适合我。
  • So I've got to do gaming, or I've got to do sports."
  • 所以我要去打游戏,或者玩体育。”
  • If we change these things, if we pay attention to these things,
  • 如果我们改变这些事,如果我们关注这些事,
  • and we re-engage boys in their learning,
  • 我们重新唤起男孩学习的热情,
  • they will leave the elementary schools saying, "I'm smart."
  • 他们在离开小学时,说,“我变聪明了。”
  • Thank you.
  • 谢谢。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

TEDxPSU,当男孩们从学校辍学,阿里·卡·切尔曼指出有三个原因,她还提出大胆的计划让男孩们重新获得学习的激情:将男孩文化带进教室,还有让男孩做他们想做的事的新准则,以及打游戏也可以寓教于乐。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
elementary [.elə'mentəri]

想一想再看

adj. 基本的,初级的,元素的

联想记忆
budget ['bʌdʒit]

想一想再看

n. 预算
vt. 编预算,为 ... 做预算

 
engaging [in'geidʒiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 动人的,迷人的,有魅力的

联想记忆
ultimately ['ʌltimitli]

想一想再看

adv. 最后,最终

 
designer [di'zainə]

想一想再看

n. 设计者

联想记忆
drill [dril]

想一想再看

n. 钻孔机,钻子,反复操练,播种机
v. 钻

 
narrative ['nærətiv]

想一想再看

n. 叙述,故事
adj. 叙事的,故事体的

 
violence ['vaiələns]

想一想再看

n. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行

 
uncomfortable [ʌn'kʌmftəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不舒服的,不自在的

 
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。