手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之游戏的力量:打游戏激起对学习的热情(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • When we look at the universities,
  • 当我们环顾大学,
  • 60 percent of baccalaureate degrees are going to women now, which is a significant shift.
  • 目前女性占60%的本科学历的人数,这是个巨大的转变。
  • And in fact, university administrators are a little uncomfortable about the idea
  • 实际上,大学的主管们对此感到有点不安,
  • that we may be getting close to 70 percent female population in universities.
  • 要是在大学,女性占总人数的70%。
  • This makes university administrators very nervous,
  • 这数据让大学主管们非常紧张,
  • because girls don't want to go to schools that don't have boys.
  • 因为女孩也不想去没有男孩的学校上学。
  • And so we're starting to see the establishment of men centers and men studies
  • 所以我们开始看到男性中心和男性研究的建立
  • to think about how do we engage men in their experiences in the university.
  • 来思考怎样让男性在大学中活跃起来。
  • If you talk to faculty, they may say,
  • 如果你跟教员谈话,他们会说,
  • "Ugh. Yeah, well, they're playing video games,
  • “啊,是的,男孩爱打视频游戏,
  • and they're gambling online all night long,
  • 他们通宵网上赌博,
  • and they're playing World of Warcraft,
  • 还爱玩魔兽世界。
  • and that's affecting their academic achievement."
  • 这些都影响了他们学术成绩。”
  • Guess what?
  • 猜怎么了?
  • Video games are not the cause.
  • 视频游戏不是主要原因。
  • Video games are a symptom.
  • 视频游戏是一个征兆。
  • They were turned off a long time before they got here.
  • 在男孩打游戏前,他们已经很长时间对学习都不感兴趣了。
  • So let's talk about why they got turned off when they were between the ages of three and 13.
  • 让我们谈谈,当他们在3岁到13岁间,他们为什么对学习不感兴趣呢?
  • There are three reasons that I believe
  • 我认为有三个原因
  • that boys are out of sync with the culture of schools today.
  • 让男孩们与今天的学校教育脱节。
  • The first is zero tolerance.
  • 第一个是零容忍。
  • A kindergarten teacher I know,
  • 我认识的一名幼儿园教师,
  • her son donated all of his toys to her,
  • 她儿子得上缴他所有的玩具,
  • and when he did, she had to go through and pull out all the little plastic guns.
  • 然后,她得一一检查,把所有的小塑料枪都拿走。
  • You can't have plastic knives and swords and axes
  • 在幼儿园教室,
  • and all that kind of thing in a kindergarten classroom.
  • 不能有塑料刀,剑和斧子以及类似的东西。
  • What is it that we're afraid that this young man is going to do with this gun?
  • 年轻人要是有枪,我们要担心的是什么?
  • I mean, really.
  • 我是说,真的。
  • But here he stands as testament to the fact that you can't roughhouse on the playground today.
  • 但这儿男孩得面对的事实是,今天他们不能在操场玩耍打闹。
  • Now I'm not advocating for bullies.
  • 我这不是鼓动要持强凌弱。
  • I'm not suggesting that we need to be allowing guns and knives into school.
  • 我也不是推荐在学校容许男孩携带枪和小刀。
  • But when we say that an Eagle Scout in a high school classroom
  • 但我想说高中班级中的老鹰童子军
  • who has a locked parked car in the parking lot and a penknife in it
  • 在停车场停放的车里要是有把刀,
  • has to be suspended from school,
  • 就得被勒令休学,
  • I think we may have gone a little too far with zero tolerance.
  • 我认为我们可能在零容忍度方面做得有点过火。
  • Another way that zero tolerance lives itself out is in the writing of boys.
  • 另一种在生活中的零容忍度是有关男孩的写作。
  • In a lot of classrooms today
  • 今天在很多课堂,
  • you're not allowed to write about anything that's violent.
  • 你不能写有关暴力的任何东西。
  • You're not allowed to write about anything that has to do with video games -- these topics are banned.
  • 你不能写涉及视频游戏的任何东西,这些话题是被禁止的。
  • Boy comes home from school, and he says, "I hate writing."
  • 男孩从学校回来,他说,“我讨厌写作。”
  • "Why do you hate writing, son? What's wrong with writing?"
  • “儿子,你为什么讨厌写作?到底怎么了?”
  • "Now I have to write what she tells me to write."
  • “现在我得写女教师吩咐我写的素材。”
  • "Okay, what is she telling you to write?"
  • “哦,她让你写什么?”
  • "Poems. I have to write poems.
  • “诗歌。我得写诗歌。
  • And little moments in my life.
  • 一生中我很少写这话题。
  • I don't want to write that stuff."
  • 我不想写诗歌。”
  • "All right. Well, what do you want to write? What do you want to write about?"
  • “好吧。那你想写什么?有什么好写的?”
  • "I want to write about video games. I want to write about leveling-up.
  • “我想写有关视频游戏。我想写如何练级。
  • I want to write about this really interesting world.
  • 我想写这真正有意思的游戏世界。
  • I want to write about a tornado that comes into our house
  • 我想写龙卷风来到我家,
  • and blows all the windows out and ruins all the furniture and kills everybody."
  • 把所有的窗户吹跑,毁坏所有的家具,然后杀死了所有人。”
  • "All right. Okay."
  • “好的。”
  • You tell a teacher that,
  • 你要告诉一位老师这个,
  • and they'll ask you, in all seriousness,
  • 她们会非常严肃地会问你,
  • "Should we send this child to the psychologist?"
  • “我们是不是应该送这小孩到心理学家那?”
  • And the answer is no, he's just a boy.
  • 答案是不应该,他只是个男孩。
  • He's just a little boy.
  • 他只是个小男孩。
  • It's not okay to write these kinds of things in classrooms today.
  • 现在在课堂上还不能写这些东西。
  • So that's the first reason:
  • 所以这是第一个原因:
  • zero tolerance policies and the way they're lived out.
  • 零容忍政策和他们所处的环境不容许男孩文化的发生。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

TEDxPSU,当男孩们从学校辍学,阿里·卡·切尔曼指出有三个原因,她还提出大胆的计划让男孩们重新获得学习的激情:将男孩文化带进教室,还有让男孩做他们想做的事的新准则,以及打游戏也可以寓教于乐。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
achievement [ə'tʃi:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 成就,成绩,完成,达到

 
establishment [is'tæbliʃmənt]

想一想再看

n. 确立,制定,设施,机构,权威

联想记忆
population [.pɔpju'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 人口 ,(全体)居民,人数

联想记忆
plastic ['plæstik, plɑ:stik]

想一想再看

adj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的

 
psychologist [sai'kɔlədʒist]

想一想再看

n. 心理学家

联想记忆
symptom ['simptəm]

想一想再看

n. 症状,征兆

 
shift [ʃift]

想一想再看

n. 交换,变化,移动,接班者
v. 更替,移

 
suspended

想一想再看

adj. 悬浮的;暂停的,缓期的(宣判)

 
academic [.ækə'demik]

想一想再看

adj. 学术的,学院的,理论的
n.

 
eagle ['i:gl]

想一想再看

n. 鹰
vt. (高尔夫)鹰击

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。