手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第3期:创意的重要性

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Okay. So the first of the four areas.
  • 好,先来讲第一点
  • A great idea.
  • 好创意
  • It's become popular in recent years to say that the idea doesn't matter.
  • 最近有一种流行说法,说“创意并不重要”
  • In fact, it's almost uncool to spend a lot of time thinking about the idea for a startup.
  • “花费大量时间去想一个创意是不值得的”
  • You're just supposed to start.
  • 要创业,就去开始创业
  • Throw stuff at the walls.
  • 多尝试一些产品
  • See what sticks.
  • 看什么有市场
  • And not even spend any time thinking about if it'll be valuable if it works.
  • 至于产品有没有价值,会不会成功,根本不需要考虑
  • And pivots are supposed to be great.
  • 只要有着手点就好了
  • The more pivots, the better.
  • 当然,着手点越多越好
  • So this isn't totally wrong.
  • 对这种说法,也不能否定
  • Things do evolve in ways that are difficult to predict.
  • 毕竟事物发展的规律很难预测
  • And there's a limit to how much you can figure out,
  • 所以如果产品不经用户使用
  • without actually getting a product in the hands of users.
  • 开发者是很难全面了解自己的产品
  • And great execution is at least ten times more important and a hundred times harder than a good idea.
  • 相较于好创意,好的执行力更为重要,甚至操作更为艰难
  • But the pendulum has swung way out of whack here.
  • 执行不当,一切都难入正轨
  • A bad idea is still bad.
  • 糟糕的创意,开始就是糟糕的
  • In the pivot happy world that we're in today, it feels really suboptimal.
  • 在现代社会,没有好创意是不行的
  • Great execution towards a terrible idea will get you nowhere.
  • 只有好的执行力,没有好创意,结果也不会成功
  • There are exceptions, of course.
  • 当然,也有例外
  • But most great companies start with a great idea, not a pivot.
  • 很多大公司都是从一个好创意开始,而不是有个着手点就行
  • If you look at successful pivots,
  • 大家想一下成功的案例
  • they almost always are a pivot into something the founders themselves wanted, not a random made up idea.
  • 一般它们都是创办人想要的,而不是随便产生的一个点子
  • Airbnb happened because Brian Chesky couldn't pay his rent,
  • Brian Chesky创办Airbnb(民宿预订)的时候
  • but he did have some extra space.
  • 他有多余的房间,却付不起房租
  • In general, though, if you look at the track record of pivots,
  • 我要说的就是,如果大家仔细研究一下
  • they don't become big companies.
  • 仅有切入点,是不会发展成大公司的
  • I myself used to believe ideas didn't matter that much,
  • 我曾经也认为好创意可有可无
  • but I'm very sure that's wrong now.
  • 但现在我知道,这种想法是完全错误的
  • The definition of the idea, as we talk about it, is very broad.
  • 创意是什么意思呢?创意的概念很广
  • It includes the size and the growth of the market,
  • 包括之后市场的规模和增长潜力
  • the growth strategy for the company,
  • 公司的扩展策略
  • the defensibility strategy and so on.
  • 防卫性策略等等
  • When you're evaluating an idea,
  • 如果要评估一个创意
  • you need to think through all these things, not just the product.
  • 就要从这些方面来考虑,而不仅仅是从产品本身入手
  • If it works out, you're gonna be working on this for ten years.
  • 如果创意可行,之后的十年都要为之努力
  • So it's worth some real upfront time to think we've a long term value in the defensibility of the business.
  • 所以在创业之前就想好公司的防御策略是非常必要的
  • Even though plans themselves are worthless,
  • 虽然我们说,计划没有变化快
  • to exercise a planning is really valuable and totally missing in most startups today.
  • 做计划的过程却非常重要,现在好多创业人员都忽略了做计划这个过程
  • Long term thinking is so where, anywhere, but especially in startups.
  • 创业人员必须要有长远打算
  • That it's a huge advantage if you do it.
  • 如果做了计划,至少会受益匪浅
  • Remember that the idea will expand and become more ambitious as you go.
  • 创意也会逐渐充实起来
  • You certainly don't need to have everything figured out,
  • 当然,并不是说从白手起家到垄断行业的每一步
  • in a path from here to world domination.
  • 都要事先规划
  • But you really want a nice kernel to start with.
  • 而是说,开始时一定要投入足够的思考
  • You want something that can develop in interesting ways.
  • 必须确保创意可以发展起来
  • As you're thinking through ideas,
  • 还有一点很重要
  • another thing that we see young founders get wrong all the time,
  • 也是年轻的创业者经常会失误的地方
  • is that someday you need to build a business that's difficult to replicate.
  • 就是你必须意识到你的公司和企业,必须是无法复制的
  • This is an important part of a good idea.
  • 这一点很重要
  • I wanna make this point again because it's so important.
  • 我重申一下,这太重要了
  • The idea should come first, and the startup should come second.
  • 首先有好创意,之后再来创业
  • Wait to start a startup, until you come up with an idea you feel compelled to explore.
  • 一定要等到非常有潜力的创意出现再去创业


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

本集视频通过美国投资公司Y Combinator总裁山姆·奥特曼和企业家达斯汀·莫斯科维茨讲述创业的原因和创业成功的四个重要因素,帮助观者对于创业形成初步的理解,对自己的情况有专业准确的分析和判断。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
kernel ['kə:nl]

想一想再看

n. 核心,中心,精髓 [计算机] 核心

联想记忆
ambitious [æm'biʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 有雄心的,有抱负的,野心勃勃的

联想记忆
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
domination [.dɔmi'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 支配,控制,管辖 (复数)dominations:

 
evolve [i'vɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 进展,进化,展开

联想记忆
worthless ['wə:θlis]

想一想再看

adj. 无价值的,无用的,可鄙的

 
expand [iks'pænd]

想一想再看

v. 增加,详述,扩展,使 ... 膨胀,
v

联想记忆
strategy ['strætidʒi]

想一想再看

n. 战略,策略

 
random ['rændəm]

想一想再看

adj. 随机的,随意的,任意的
adv. 随

 
explore [iks'plɔ:]

想一想再看

v. 探险,探测,探究

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。