手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之游戏的力量:用玩具创造世界(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • And then we can test it out, once we've done that, and see how it would move around.
  • 我们完成这一项之后,就可以测试一下,让它四处走动一下。
  • And so at this point the computer is procedurally animating this creature.
  • 这时,电脑就会自动地控制这个生物的移动。
  • It's looking at whatever I've designed. It will actually bring it to life.
  • 电脑听命于我的设计,然后让它动起来。
  • And I can see how it might dance.
  • 瞧瞧,我让它跳舞。
  • how it might show emotions, how it might fight.
  • 让它表达情感,让它打斗。
  • So it's acting with its two mouths there.
  • 让让它的两个嘴巴动起来。
  • I can even have it pose for a photo. Snap a little photo of it.
  • 我甚至能让它摆姿势拍照——拍个照。
  • So at any rate, then I bring this back into the game.
  • 我把它放回游戏中来,
  • It's born, and I play the next generation of my creature through evolution.
  • 它出生了。然后我开始玩我的生物进化后的下一代。
  • Now again, the empathy that the players have when they create the content is tremendous.
  • 同样的,玩家们创作生物时的强烈的共情感又来了。
  • Now, when players create content in this game,
  • 当一个玩家在游戏中创作一个内容时,
  • it's automatically sent up to a server
  • 它自动被传送到服务器,
  • and then redistributed to all the other players transparently.
  • 然后重新分配到所有其他玩家的系统中。
  • So in fact, as I'm interacting in this world with other creatures,
  • 因此,其实在这个世界里同我互动的其他生物,
  • these creatures are transparently coming from other players as they play.
  • 是直接由其他的玩家创造的。
  • So the process of playing the game is a process of building up this huge database of content.
  • 所以玩游戏的过程就是在建立一个巨大的内容数据库。
  • And pretty much everything you're going to see in this game,
  • 几乎所有你在游戏中看到的一切,
  • there's an editor for in the game that the player can create,
  • 都有相应的编辑工具,
  • all the way up through civilization. This is my baby.
  • 是的,贯穿整个文明。这是我的宝贝儿。
  • When I eat, I'll actually start growing. This is the next generation.
  • 当我吃东西的时候,我就在长大。这是它的下一代。
  • But I'm going to skip way ahead here.
  • 我要跳过这步了。
  • Now, normally what would happen is these creatures would work their way up, eventually become intelligent.
  • 接着,一般来说,这些生物就会日臻完美,最后变得拥有智慧。
  • I'd start dealing with tribes, cities and civilizations of them over time.
  • 随着时间流逝,我开始处理部落、城市和不同的文明的问题。
  • I'm going to skip way ahead here to the space phase.
  • 我要跳过这些步骤,直接跳到太空阶段。
  • Eventually they would go out into space, and start colonizing and exploring the universe.
  • 最终它们会进入太空,开始在宇宙中殖民和探索。
  • Now really, in some sense, I want the players to be building this world in their imagination,
  • 我希望玩家能够用他们的想象创造世界。
  • and then extracting it from them with the least amount of pain.
  • 然后用最简单的方式从中取其精华。
  • So that's kind of what these tools are about, are:
  • 这就是这些工具的意义,这就是
  • how do we make the game play the player's imagination-amplifier?
  • 我们如何用这个游戏,放飞玩家的想象,
  • And how do we make these tools, these editors,
  • 我们如何让这些工具,这些编辑工具
  • something that are just as fun as the game itself?
  • 变得和游戏本身一样好玩。
  • So this is the planet that we've been playing on up to this point in the game.
  • 这就是我们在玩游戏时所在的星球。
  • So far the entire game has been played on the surface of this little world here.
  • 目前这整个游戏就是在这个小世界的表面玩的。
  • Now, at this point we're actually dealing with a very little toy planet.
  • 现在我们是在玩一个小小的星球玩具,
  • Almost, again, like the Montessori toy idea.
  • 同样几乎就像是蒙特梭利玩具那样。
  • You know, what happens if you give somebody a toy planet,
  • 你知道,当你给人一个星球玩具,
  • and let them play with a lot of dynamics on it,
  • 让他们可以随意摆弄时,
  • what could they discover? What might they learn on this?
  • 他们会发现什么?他们会从中学到什么?
  • This world was actually extracted from the player's imagination.
  • 这个世界事实上是来源于玩家的想象,
  • So, this is the planet that the player evolved on.
  • 是玩家的生息之地,
  • Things like the buildings, and the vehicles,
  • 所以所有的房屋建筑、交通工具、
  • the architecture, civilizations were all designed by the player up to this point.
  • 所有文明目前为止都是由玩家来设计的。
  • So here's a little city with some of our guys kind of walking around in it.
  • 所以这里是一个小城市,有几个咱们的人行走其中。
  • And most games kind of put the player in the role of Luke Skywalker, this protagonist playing through this story.
  • 在大多数的游戏中,玩家都是像卢克·天行者这样的故事主角。
  • Really, this is more about putting the player in the role of George Lucas, you know?
  • 然而这个游戏却是让玩家来扮演导演乔治·卢卡斯的角色。
  • I want them, after they've played this game,
  • 我希望他们玩了这个游戏之后,
  • to have extracted an entire world that they're now interacting with.
  • 能够创作出一个完整的世界,与之互动。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

威尔·莱特快速、通俗易懂地展示了他的最新游戏——《孢子》。这款游戏必将与他以往的大手笔还要让玩家感到震撼。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
acting ['æktiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出

 
evolution [.i:və'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 进化,发展,演变

联想记忆
intelligent [in'telidʒənt]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,智能的

 
protagonist [prəu'tægənist]

想一想再看

n. 主演,主角,主唱者

 
planet ['plænit]

想一想再看

n. 行星

 
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
automatically [.ɔ:tə'mætikəli]

想一想再看

adv. 自动地,机械地

 
skip [skip]

想一想再看

v. 跳过,略过,遗漏
n. 跳跃,跳读

 
dealing ['di:liŋ]

想一想再看

n. 经营方法,行为态度
(复数)dealin

 
empathy ['empəθi]

想一想再看

n. 移情作用,共鸣,执着投入

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。