您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之商业篇 >
正文
- We're going to be shooting from minus 2,600 meters that's a little over 8,600 feet down at 30 kilometers from the entrance.
- 我们要从地下2600米处,大约8600多英尺之下--开始拍摄。那个地方离洞口30千米处。
- The lead crews will be underground for pushing 30 days straight.
- 先头部队将会在地下向前不停地推进30天。
- I don't think there's been a mission like that in a long time.
- 我想已经很久没有象这样的探险活动了。
- Eventually, if you keep going down in these things,
- 最后,如果你一直向下深入这些洞穴,
- probability says that you're going to run into a place like this.
- 概率上说你很可能进入一个
- It's a place where there's a fold in the geologic stratum that collects water and fills to the roof.
- 有褶皱的充满水的地方。
- And when you used to find these things,
- 当以前找这些地方时,
- they would put a label on a map that said terminal siphon.
- 人们会在地图上标注其为吸管终端。
- Now I remember that term really well for two reasons.
- 这个词我记得很清楚。因为有两个原因。
- Number one, it's the name of my rock band, and second,
- 第一,它是我摇滚乐队的名字,第二,
- is because the confrontation of these things forced me to become an inventor.
- 是因为这些地方的挑战迫使我变成了一个发明者。
- And we've since gone on to develop many generations of gadgets for exploring places like this.
- 而且从那以后,我们研发了好几代,许多用于探索类似地方的小仪器。
- This is some life-support equipment closed-cycle.
- 这是某种闭合的维持生命的仪器。
- And you can use that now to go for many kilometers horizontally underwater and to depths of 200 meters straight down underwater.
- 你现在可以用它在水下水平前行几千米,其应用范围深至水下200米处。
- When you do this kind of stuff it's like doing EVA.
- 当你在水下行走时,感觉有点儿像EVA(太空行走)。
- It's like doing extra-vehicular activity in space,
- 像是进行太空行走,
- but at much greater distances, and at much greater physical peril.
- 但是要走的更远,冒的风险也更大。
- So it makes you think about how to design your equipment for long range, away from a safe haven.
- 这让你想办法如何设计你的器械使它安全地走得更远。
- Here's a clip from a National Geographic movie that came out in 1999.
- 这是国家地理电影1999年拍的一些片段,
- Exploration is a physical process of putting your foot in places where humans have never stepped before.
- 探索是一个物理过程,它让你涉足人类从未涉及的地方。
- This is where the last little nugget of totally unknown territory remains on this planet.
- 这是地球上完全不为人知的最后一点儿金地。
- To experience it is a privilege.
- 只有极少的人能够亲历。
- That was taken in Wakulla Springs, Florida.
- 那电影取景于佛罗里达的瓦库拉泉。
- Couple of things to note about that movie. Every piece of equipment that you saw in there did not exist before 1999.
- 这部电影有几件事值得注意:你所见的每种设备,1999年前都不存在。
- It was developed within a two-year period and used on actual exploratory projects.
- 它们是在两年内发明的,并且用于实际探索项目。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
比尔斯通是一位非比寻常的探险家,他曾探究过地球最深的深渊。他要讨论他为寻找太空飞行新能源而开采月球冰层的努力,并想要开发一个自动机器人以研究木卫二号行星。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201512/413289.shtml