手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 牛津大学《犯罪小说》 > 正文

犯罪小说(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第52期:笔下与荧屏上的莫尔斯探长(10)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • With describing this scene and I thought it could be beautifully done,
  • 描述着这个景色,我认为我写得很漂亮
  • and I said to my publisher, I said, have a look at page 17,
  • 我告诉出版商看一下第十七页
  • it's a wonderful piece of writing here, I won't tell you what it is,
  • 那一段写的棒极了,我不会告诉你写了什么
  • but it's about the tide coming in at Lyme Regis,
  • 大概写的是莱姆里吉斯涌动的潮水
  • and she didn't say anything for a long time,
  • 她很久没有回复
  • and finally when I saw her, I asked:
  • 终于等我看到她时,我问她:
  • "Did you read that bit about the tide coming in at Lyme Regis?"
  • "你读过莱姆里吉斯的潮水那段没有"
  • and she said: Oh yes, you are right,
  • 她说:"哦,看了,你说的对
  • it's one of the nicest bits in the whole book,
  • 这是全书最精彩的部分
  • rather nice, wasn't it?"
  • 非常精彩"
  • And I said: "I'm so glad you liked it."
  • 我说:"我很高兴你喜欢那段"
  • and she said: "Could I just give you one suggestion?"
  • 她说:"我能给你提个建议吗?"
  • And I said: "Yes, if it helps," she said: "Yes, I think it will."
  • 我说:"可以,只要有帮助"。她说:"我认为有帮助"
  • She said: "Why don't you miss it out and get on with the story?"
  • 她说:"你为什么不删掉那段,继续你的故事呢?"
  • And Dr. Johnson said, didn't he?
  • 约翰逊博士曾说:
  • "Whenever you think you have written something particularly fine,strike it out."
  • "当你认为你写出了特别好的文字,删掉它"
  • I didn't strike it out, but I wish I had done,
  • 我没有删掉它,但我真希望当时删了
  • and Kinsimon used to go to the south coast a lot, didn't he?
  • 金西蒙曾去西部海岸很多次,对吧?
  • And I knew that it meant about something
  • 我知道他指的
  • that was not just particularly fine, but mildly.
  • 不是特别好的,而是一般般的
  • Keats, not in one of his own but in a letter to a friend,
  • 济慈在给朋友的一封信中
  • talks about the un-tumultuous fringe of silver foam,
  • 讲到,不喧嚣的银泡沫的边缘
  • the first word of course doesn't make sense,
  • 当然,第一个词没有意义
  • and since you know all about how to spell "banister",
  • 既然你们都知道怎么拼"banister"这个词
  • how many Us are there in...
  • 那么
  • how many "u"s are there in Umquomotrous, very good,
  • un-tumultuous里有几个u呀,很好
  • you are obviously very very intelligent audience in there,
  • 你们显然是非常聪明的听众
  • but isn't that a beautiful piece of writing.
  • 那段写的很优美吧
  • Keats to one of his friend, not one of his poems, anyway,
  • 这是济慈对他朋友说的,而不是在他的某首诗里
  • as it says, we have to say
  • 就像这句话讲的,不得不说
  • when we have to cut it down for television,
  • 小说剪辑成电视时
  • you got miss something out,
  • 要丢掉一些内容
  • and I remember earlier on,
  • 我记得之前提到
  • saying these credits are getting far too long,
  • 说演职人员表太长了
  • They go on for about ten minutes, don't they?
  • 大约十分钟,不是吗?
  • And I said for example, in one of the earlier ones,
  • 像我之前举的例子
  • we had somewhere in the middle of the credits,
  • 我们在演职表中间某处
  • it's said "second dog Anderla", second dog Anderla,
  • 看到"第二条狗安德拉"
  • and then the name of this man who performed an noble act,
  • 然后是某著名演员的名字
  • and then I said: "Could I ask a question, please?
  • 然后我说:"可以请教一个问题吗?
  • I knew nothing about television."
  • 我对电视一无所知"


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

犯罪小说日益流行,并被广泛翻拍为电视剧。本课程将对犯罪小说中寻凶和死尸等写作要素进行分析,并揭示众多侦探小说青睐于将犯罪场景设定在牛津市及牛津大学的原因,还邀请到著名侦探小说作者讲解其小说和电视剧中主角的共性与差异。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
scene [si:n]

想一想再看

n. 场,景,情景

 
fringe [frindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 流苏,次要,边缘,额外补贴
vt. 用流

 
strike [straik]

想一想再看

n. 罢工,打击,殴打
v. 打,撞,罢工,划

 
intelligent [in'telidʒənt]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,智能的

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
banister ['bænistə]

想一想再看

n. 栏杆的支柱,楼梯的扶栏 =bannister

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。