手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之性别无限:一位敢去开车的沙特妇女(5)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • But you learn lessons from these things that happen to you.
  • 但人们会从经历中学习
  • I learned to be always there.
  • 我也是这样
  • The first thing, I got out of jail,
  • 我从监狱出来的第一件事
  • of course after I took a shower, I went online,
  • 当然我先洗了个澡
  • I opened my Twitter account and my Facebook page,
  • 我上网打开推特账号和脸谱
  • and I've been always very respectful
  • 我对那些对我发表意见的人
  • to those people who are opining to me.
  • 总是很尊敬
  • I would listen to what they say,
  • 我总是听听他们的想法
  • and I would never defend myself with words only.
  • 我从不只用单薄的文字辩解
  • I would use actions. When they said I should withdraw from the campaign,
  • 我会采取行动,当他们都说我应该退出这项行动时
  • I filed the first lawsuit against the general directorate
  • 我对管理总局发了第一封投诉
  • of traffic police for not issuing me a driver's license.
  • 他们还没发我驾照呢
  • There are a lot of people also --
  • 也有些人们很支持我
  • very big support, like those 3,000 people
  • 譬如那3000个
  • who signed the petition to release me.
  • 联名请愿释放我的
  • We sent a petition to the Shura Council
  • 我们写了一封请愿书给协商议院
  • in favor of lifting the ban on Saudi women,
  • 想要为妇女开车解禁
  • and there were, like, 3,500 citizens who believed in that
  • 有大概3500位公民支持
  • and they signed that petition.
  • 在请愿书上签字
  • There were people like that, I just showed some examples,
  • 有一些这样的人,我只是举个例子
  • who are amazing, who are believing in women's rights in Saudi Arabia,
  • 他们令人吃惊,他们觉得沙特阿拉伯的女性应该拥有合法权利
  • and trying, and they are also facing a lot of hate
  • 有关由于公开讲话和表白他们的这一看法
  • because of speaking up and voicing their views.
  • 他们面对有些人的憎恨,他们仍为此努力
  • Saudi Arabia today is taking small steps
  • 沙特阿拉伯如今正在加强妇女权利的道路上
  • toward enhancing women's rights.
  • 一步一步地前进着
  • The Shura Council that's appointed by the king,
  • 由阿卜杜拉国王的皇家法令认可
  • by royal decree of King Abdullah,
  • 我们国家国王指定的协商议院
  • last year there were 30 women assigned to that Council,
  • 去年已经有了约30位议员
  • like 20 percent.
  • 大约是百分之20
  • 20 percent of the Council.
  • 她们占了协商议院百分之20的席位
  • The same time, finally, that Council,
  • 同时,协商议院
  • after rejecting our petition four times for women driving,
  • 在先前驳回允许妇女驾车的请愿书4次后
  • they finally accepted it last February.
  • 去年2月他们最终接受了
  • After being sent to jail
  • 曾经会被送入监狱
  • or sentenced lashing, or sent to a trial,
  • 被判决鞭刑,或者发往审判
  • the spokesperson of the traffic police said,
  • 交通部门的发言人后来说
  • we will only issue traffic violation for women drivers.
  • 我们如今只管违反交通法规的女驾驶员
  • The Grand Mufti, who is the head
  • 在沙特阿拉伯的宗教领袖
  • of the religious establishment in Saudi Arabia,
  • 大穆夫提,表示
  • he said, it's not recommended for women to drive.
  • 我们不建议妇女开车
  • It used to be haram, forbidden, by the previous Grand Mufti.
  • 而以前,根据大穆夫提,的意思,妇女驾车是被严格禁止的
  • So for me, it's not about only these small steps.
  • 我觉得,我们所做的不仅仅是这几个进步
  • It's about women themselves.
  • 这是关于所有女性自身的
  • A friend once asked me, she said,
  • 我的一个朋友曾经问我,她说
  • "So when do you think this women driving will happen?"
  • “那你觉得我们女性什么时候才会普遍开起车来?”
  • I told her, "Only if women stop asking 'When?'
  • 我告诉她 “除非你停止问‘什么时候’这种问题
  • and take action to make it now."
  • 而立刻行动起来”
  • So it's not only about the system,
  • 我认为,这不仅关乎社会意识形态
  • it's also about us women to drive our own life, I'd say.
  • 这代表我们妇女能主宰自己的命运了
  • So I have no clue, really, how I became an activist.
  • 我不知道我是如何变成这样一个行动派的
  • And I don't know how I became one now.
  • 也不清楚我如何就成为我现在的样子
  • But all I know, and all I'm sure of, in the future
  • 但我知道,我也确信
  • when someone asks me my story,
  • 当以后有人让我讲起我的故事
  • I will say, "I'm proud
  • 我会说“能成为那些
  • to be amongst those women who lifted the ban,
  • 激起禁忌,与之战斗并最终赢得每个人的自由
  • fought the ban, and celebrated everyone's freedom."
  • 那广大妇女中的一员,我非常自豪”
  • So the question I started my talk with,
  • 回到最一开始我提出的问题
  • who do you think is more difficult to face,
  • 对抗政府或者挑战传统社会
  • oppressive governments or oppressive societies?
  • 你觉得哪个更难?
  • I hope you find clues to answer that from my speech.
  • 我希望从我的演讲里面你们能找到答案
  • Thank you, everyone.
  • 谢谢你们


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

在沙特阿拉伯, 并没有那么一条成文法律不允许妇女开车。但这种行为却是被禁止的。两年前,马纳尔谢里夫决定身体力行去鼓励女性打破传统去开车,她把她自己开车的视频晒在YOUTUBE上。来听听她的故事里后来都发生了什么吧。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
lawsuit ['lɔ:sju:t]

想一想再看

n. 诉讼,控诉

 
previous ['pri:vjəs]

想一想再看

adj. 在 ... 之前,先,前,以前的

联想记忆
campaign [kæm'pein]

想一想再看

n. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动
v. 从事运

联想记忆
oppressive [ə'presiv]

想一想再看

adj. 压迫的,沉重的,压抑的

 
issue ['iʃju:]

想一想再看

n. 发行物,期刊号,争论点
vi. & vt

 
trial ['traiəl]

想一想再看

adj. 尝试性的; 审讯的
n. 尝试,努力

 
establishment [is'tæbliʃmənt]

想一想再看

n. 确立,制定,设施,机构,权威

联想记忆
release [ri'li:s]

想一想再看

n. 释放,让渡,发行
vt. 释放,让与,准

联想记忆
defend [di'fend]

想一想再看

v. 防护,辩护,防守

 
respectful [ri'spektfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 表示尊敬的,有礼貌的,谦恭的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。