手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之性别无限:一位敢去开车的沙特妇女(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • But my story goes beyond this moment of truth of mine.
  • 但我的故事并没有就此结束
  • Allow me to give you a briefing
  • 让我来简洁地
  • about my story.
  • 介绍一下我整个的故事吧
  • It was May, 2011,
  • 那是在2011年5月
  • and I was complaining to a work colleague
  • 我在跟我的同事抱怨:
  • about the harassments I had to face
  • 为什么找个交通工具回家
  • trying to find a ride back home,
  • 总会碰到骚扰
  • although I have a car and an international driver's license.
  • 尽管我有一辆车并且考取了国际驾照
  • As long as I've known, women in Saudi Arabia
  • 我早就知道,沙特阿拉伯的女性
  • have been always complaining about the ban,
  • 对于禁止驾车这条禁令一直很不满
  • but it's been 20 years since anyone
  • 但自上次有人试图打破这个禁令
  • tried to do anything about it,
  • 已经过了20年
  • a whole generation ago.
  • 那是一代人以前了
  • He broke the good/bad news in my face.
  • 他打断了我的犹豫
  • "But there is no law banning you from driving."
  • “但是没有成文的法律规定你不能开车啊”
  • I looked it up, and he was right.
  • 我查了查,他是对的
  • There wasn't an actual law in Saudi Arabia.
  • 在沙特阿拉伯并没有这么一条法律
  • It was just a custom and traditions
  • 禁止妇女开车是一种习惯和传统
  • that are enshrined in rigid religious fatwas
  • 体现在有严格的宗教教令
  • and imposed on women.
  • 并强加在妇女身上
  • That realization ignited the idea of June 17,
  • 意识到这个之后,我们准备在6月17号做些举动
  • where we encouraged women to take the wheel
  • 我们鼓励妇女去接触车
  • and go drive.
  • 然后开车出去
  • It was a few weeks later, we started receiving all these
  • 仅仅几个礼拜之后,我们就开始收到这些
  • "Man wolves will rape you if you go and drive."
  • “如果你们出去开车了,那些男人们会强奸你们的”
  • A courageous woman, her name is Najla Hariri,
  • 有一个勇敢的女性,她叫,纳迦拉,哈里里
  • she's a Saudi woman in the city of Jeddah,
  • 她是个来自,吉达市的沙特女性
  • she drove a car and she announced
  • 她去开了车并告诉了人们
  • but she didn't record a video.
  • 但是她并没有录像
  • We needed proof.
  • 我们要有身先士卒的证明
  • So I drove. I posted a video on YouTube.
  • 所以我行动了,往YOUTUBE上传了视频
  • And to my surprise,
  • 出乎我意料的是
  • it got hundreds of thousands of views the first day.
  • 第一天就有成千上万的点击
  • What happened next, of course?
  • 然后呢,意料之中的
  • I started receiving threats
  • 我开始收到各种恐吓
  • to be killed, raped, just to stop this campaign.
  • 他们以性命和强奸为要挟,来阻止这个运动
  • The Saudi authorities remained very quiet.
  • 沙特当局保持沉默
  • That really creeped us out.
  • 这出乎我们预料
  • I was in the campaign with other Saudi women
  • 我在这样一个团队里:
  • and even men activists.
  • 里面有其他沙特女性 ,甚至有男性支持者
  • We wanted to know how the authorities
  • 我们好奇,当局将对我们6月17号
  • would respond on the actual day, June 17,
  • 沙特女性集体出去开车
  • when women go out and drive.
  • 会有什么反应
  • So this time I asked my brother
  • 这一次我请我哥哥跟我一起开车
  • to come with me and drive by a police car.
  • 旁边有一辆警车
  • It went fast. We were arrested,
  • 它开的很快,我们被抓起来了
  • signed a pledge not to drive again, released.
  • 在签署了不再开车的保证书之后,我们被释放了
  • Arrested again, he was sent to detention for one day,
  • 第二次被抓,他被送去拘留了一天
  • and I was sent to jail.
  • 而我被送进了监狱
  • I wasn't sure why I was sent there,
  • 我不确定我为什么被关起来
  • because I didn't face any charges in the interrogation.
  • 因为在询问的时候我没有任何指控
  • But what I was sure of was my innocence.
  • 但我确定我是清白的
  • I didn't break a law, and I kept my abaya
  • 我确定我没有触犯法律,而且我始终戴着长袍
  • It's a black cloak we wear in Saudi Arabia before we leave the house
  • 那是条黑色袍子,我们在沙特阿拉伯出门前要戴着
  • and my fellow prisoners kept asking me to take it off,
  • 跟我一起被关押的囚犯们让我把黑袍拿下来 (他们觉得我暂时走不出监狱)
  • but I was so sure of my innocence, I kept saying,
  • 但我确认我是无罪的,所以我不停说
  • "No, I'm leaving today."
  • “不行,我马上就要走了”
  • Outside the jail, the whole country went into a frenzy,
  • 监狱外面,整个国家一片混乱
  • some attacking me badly,
  • 有的人仍在诽谤中伤我
  • and others supportive and even collecting signatures
  • 也有些人支持我,甚至有人在联名请愿
  • in a petition to be sent to the king to release me.
  • 想把请愿书给国王,请求释放我
  • I was released after nine days.
  • 在9天后,我被释放了
  • June 17 comes.
  • 6月17号终于来了
  • The streets were packed with police cars
  • 街道上到处是警车
  • and religious police cars,
  • 和地方警察的车
  • but some hundred brave Saudi women
  • 但仍有上百位勇敢的沙特女性
  • broke the ban and drove that day.
  • 在那天打破了这个禁忌,出来开车
  • None were arrested. We broke the taboo.
  • 最终,没有一个人被抓起来——我们打破了这个禁忌


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

在沙特阿拉伯, 并没有那么一条成文法律不允许妇女开车。但这种行为却是被禁止的。两年前,马纳尔谢里夫决定身体力行去鼓励女性打破传统去开车,她把她自己开车的视频晒在YOUTUBE上。来听听她的故事里后来都发生了什么吧。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
announced [ə'naunst]

想一想再看

宣布的

 
rigid ['ridʒid]

想一想再看

adj. 僵硬的,刻板的,严格的

 
frenzy ['frenzi]

想一想再看

n. 狂暴,狂怒

 
release [ri'li:s]

想一想再看

n. 释放,让渡,发行
vt. 释放,让与,准

联想记忆
courageous [kə'reidʒəs]

想一想再看

adj. 勇敢的

 
wheel [wi:l]

想一想再看

n. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转
vi.

 
pledge [pledʒ]

想一想再看

n. 保证,誓言,抵押,抵押品
vt. 保证,

联想记忆
innocence ['inəsns]

想一想再看

n. 无罪,无知,天真无邪

联想记忆
jail [dʒeil]

想一想再看

n. 监牢,监狱,拘留所
vt. 监禁,下狱

 
colleague ['kɔli:g]

想一想再看

n. 同事

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。