手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之性别无限:一位敢去开车的沙特妇女

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Allow me to start this talk with a question to everyone.
  • 请允许我以一个问题开始
  • You know that all over the world,
  • 你清楚世界各地
  • people fight for their freedom,
  • 有人为了自由而奋斗
  • fight for their rights.
  • 有人为了权利而战
  • Some battle oppressive governments.
  • 有的人反抗压迫他们的政府
  • Others battle oppressive societies.
  • 有的人对抗强权的社会阶层
  • Which battle do you think is harder?
  • 你们觉得哪种挑战更难?
  • Allow me to try to answer this question
  • 请允许我在后面的几分钟里
  • in the few coming minutes.
  • 再来回答这个问题
  • Let me take you back two years ago in my life.
  • 跟随我回到两年前我的生活里
  • It was the bedtime of my son, Aboody.
  • 那是在我儿子阿布迪快要睡觉的时候
  • He was five at the time.
  • 那时候他只有5岁
  • After finishing his bedtime rituals,
  • 在完成了睡前祷告后
  • he looked at me and he asked a question:
  • 他看着我,问道:
  • "Mommy, are we bad people?"
  • “妈妈,我们是不是坏人呀?”
  • I was shocked.
  • 我一下没了主意
  • "Why do you say such things, Aboody?"
  • “阿布迪,你为什么要说这些呢?”
  • Earlier that day, I noticed some bruises
  • 那天早些时候,当他从学校回来时
  • on his face when he came from school.
  • 我发现他脸上有些瘀伤
  • He wouldn't tell me what happened.
  • 他不肯告诉我发生了什么
  • he was ready to tell.
  • 他肯说了
  • "Two boys hit me today in school.
  • “今天在学校里,两个男生揍了我
  • They told me, 'We saw your mom on Facebook.
  • 然后他们对我说:’我们在脸谱网上看到你妈妈了
  • You and your mom should be put in jail.'"
  • 你跟你妈妈都应该被送进监狱' "
  • I've never been afraid to tell Aboody anything.
  • 我从来都不害怕告诉阿布迪任何事情
  • I've been always a proud woman of my achievements.
  • 因为我的成就,我一直是一个自豪的母亲
  • But those questioning eyes of my son
  • 但当我儿子的眼中流露出质疑
  • were my moment of truth,
  • 当这一切袭来
  • when it all came together.
  • 我知道这是很关键的一刻
  • You see, I'm a Saudi woman who had been put in jail
  • 你要知道,在沙特女人是不允许开车的
  • for driving a car in a country
  • 我就是因为这个
  • where women are not supposed to drive cars.
  • 曾经进过监狱
  • Just for giving me his car keys,
  • 也就是因为把车钥匙给了我
  • my own brother was detained twice,
  • 我的亲哥哥被拘留了两次
  • and he was harassed to the point he had
  • 之后他不断被骚扰
  • to quit his job as a geologist,
  • 以至于不得不放弃他地理学家的工作
  • leave the country with his wife and two-year-old son.
  • 带着他的妻子和两岁大的儿子,逃离了这个国家
  • My father had to sit in a Friday sermon
  • 我父亲坐在一个周五的讲道里
  • listening to the imam condemning women drivers
  • 在无数信徒面前
  • and calling them prostitutes
  • 听阿訇训斥女司机
  • amongst tons of worshippers,
  • 辱骂她们是妓女
  • some of them our friends and family of my own father.
  • 那些信徒们有的是我们的朋友,有的是我父亲的亲人
  • I was faced with an organized defamation campaign
  • 我曾面对过一个有组织的诽谤组织
  • in the local media combined with false rumors
  • 利用当地媒体与不实的谣言
  • shared in family gatherings, in the streets
  • 在家庭聚会、在街头巷尾、
  • and in schools.
  • 在学校中讹传
  • It all hit me.
  • 这深深地伤害了我
  • It came into focus that those kids
  • 这件事的重点是
  • did not mean to be rude to my son.
  • 那些孩子并不是有意欺负我儿子的
  • They were just influenced by the adults around them.
  • 他们其实是被周围的成人带坏的
  • And it wasn't about me, and it wasn't a punishment
  • 这不仅仅是针对我的
  • for taking the wheel and driving a few miles.
  • 不是因为开车走了几公里所带来的惩罚
  • It was a punishment for daring to challenge
  • 它的本质是镇压那些
  • the society's rules.
  • 敢于质疑传统旧社会秩序的人


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

在沙特阿拉伯, 并没有那么一条成文法律不允许妇女开车。但这种行为却是被禁止的。两年前,马纳尔谢里夫决定身体力行去鼓励女性打破传统去开车,她把她自己开车的视频晒在YOUTUBE上。来听听她的故事里后来都发生了什么吧。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
oppressive [ə'presiv]

想一想再看

adj. 压迫的,沉重的,压抑的

 
challenge ['tʃælindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 挑战
v. 向 ... 挑战

 
campaign [kæm'pein]

想一想再看

n. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动
v. 从事运

联想记忆
rude [ru:d]

想一想再看

adj. 粗鲁的,无礼的
adj. 粗糙

 
wheel [wi:l]

想一想再看

n. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转
vi.

 
organized ['ɔ:gənaiz]

想一想再看

v. 组织

 
sermon ['sə:mən]

想一想再看

n. 布道,说教

联想记忆
defamation [,defə'meiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 中伤;诽谤

联想记忆
jail [dʒeil]

想一想再看

n. 监牢,监狱,拘留所
vt. 监禁,下狱

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。