手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之性别无限:为什么女性领导那么少?(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Now, at the outset, I want to be very clear
  • 现在首先,我想澄清
  • that this speech comes with no judgments.
  • 这个演讲不带有任何评判。
  • I don't have the right answer.
  • 我也没有正确的答案;
  • I don't even have it for myself.
  • 甚至就我而言,我也没有完全的答案。
  • I left San Francisco, where I live, on Monday,
  • 在周一,我离开我生活的加利福尼亚,
  • and I was getting on the plane for this conference.
  • 我坐上飞机赶赴这会议。
  • And my daughter, who's three, when I dropped her off at preschool,
  • 当我送我三岁的女儿到幼儿园时,
  • did that whole hugging-the-leg,
  • 她紧紧抱进我的腿,
  • crying, "Mommy, don't get on the plane" thing.
  • 哭喊着,“妈咪,不要上飞机”之类的话。
  • This is hard. I feel guilty sometimes.
  • 这很难受。有时我感到内疚。
  • I know no women,
  • 我知道
  • whether they're at home or whether they're in the workforce,
  • 无论是家庭主妇,还是职业女性,
  • who don't feel that sometimes.
  • 有时她们都会感同身受。
  • So I'm not saying that staying in the workforce
  • 所以我不会说对所有人来说,呆在职场
  • is the right thing for everyone.
  • 是件正确的事。
  • My talk today is about what the messages are
  • 今天我的演讲是要讲
  • if you do want to stay in the workforce,
  • 如果你真正想呆在职场。
  • and I think there are three.
  • 我想有3条建议。
  • One, sit at the table.
  • 一,坐在桌旁。
  • Two, make your partner a real partner.
  • 二,让你的伴侣成为一个真正的合作伙伴。
  • And three, don't leave before you leave.
  • 三,在你离开前别放弃。
  • Number one: sit at the table.
  • 第一,坐在桌旁。
  • Just a couple weeks ago at Facebook,
  • 仅仅几周前在脸谱,
  • we hosted a very senior government official,
  • 我们主持一个非常高级行政官员会议,
  • and he came in to meet with senior execs
  • 他(马克·扎克伯格)与来自硅谷周围的高级行政官员
  • from around Silicon Valley.
  • 一一见面。
  • And everyone kind of sat at the table.
  • 每个人都坐在桌边。
  • And then he had these two women who were traveling with him
  • 然后携同他的2个女性
  • who were pretty senior in his department,
  • 在他部门中她们也占非常高的职位。
  • and I kind of said to them, "Sit at the table. Come on, sit at the table,"
  • 我对她们说,“坐在桌边。来吧,坐在桌边。”
  • and they sat on the side of the room.
  • 她们坐在了屋子的一边。
  • When I was in college my senior year,
  • 我在大四时,
  • I took a course called European Intellectual History.
  • 我选修一节欧洲思想史的课程。
  • Don't you love that kind of thing from college?
  • 你们喜爱大学的这类课程嘛。
  • I wish I could do that now.
  • 我希望我现在能做到。
  • And I took it with my roommate, Carrie,
  • 我和我室友卡丽一起学习,
  • who was then a brilliant literary student --
  • 她那时是一个才华横溢的文学学生
  • and went on to be a brilliant literary scholar --
  • 成为了一个杰出的文学家
  • and my brother --
  • 我的弟弟
  • smart guy, but a water-polo-playing pre-med,
  • 一个聪明的小伙子,但他爱打水球,他上医学预科
  • who was a sophomore.
  • 大二。
  • The three of us take this class together.
  • 我们三人一起选修这课。
  • And then Carrie reads all the books
  • 然后卡丽读了
  • in the original Greek and Latin,
  • 所有希腊文和拉丁文的原版书籍--
  • goes to all the lectures.
  • 去了所有的课--
  • I read all the books in English
  • 我读了所有英语的书
  • and go to most of the lectures.
  • 上了大多数的课。
  • My brother is kind of busy.
  • 我弟弟有点忙;
  • He reads one book of 12
  • 他读了12本书中的一本
  • and goes to a couple of lectures,
  • 去上了几节课,
  • marches himself up to our room
  • 在考试前几天他来到我们房间
  • a couple days before the exam to get himself tutored.
  • 自己辅导了一下。
  • The three of us go to the exam together, and we sit down.
  • 我们三个一起去考试了,我们坐下来。
  • And we sit there for three hours --
  • 我们考了有3个小时
  • and our little blue notebooks -- yes, I'm that old.
  • 我们的小蓝笔记本,是的。
  • And we walk out, and we look at each other, and we say, "How did you do?"
  • 我们走出来,对视对方,我们说,“你考得怎样?”
  • And Carrie says, "Boy, I feel like I didn't really draw out the main point
  • 卡丽说,“伙计,我感到我真没有答对
  • on the Hegelian dialectic."
  • 有关黑格尔辩证法的主要命题。”
  • And I say, "God, I really wish I had really connected
  • 我说,“上帝啊,我真希望我考试时能想到
  • John Locke's theory of property with the philosophers who follow."
  • 学习过的洛克的产权理论等哲学家。”
  • And my brother says,
  • 我弟弟却说,
  • "I got the top grade in the class."
  • “我会是班里考得最好的。”
  • "You got the top grade in the class?
  • “你会是班里考得最好的?
  • You don't know anything."
  • 你啥都不知道。”
  • The problem with these stories
  • 这种故事的问题
  • is that they show what the data shows:
  • 出在数据所表明的事实:
  • women systematically underestimate their own abilities.
  • 女性被系统化地低估了她们自身的能力。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

Facebook首席运营官谢乐尔·桑德伯格看到为什么女性在职业高管比例中要比男性所占比例小,她讲了让女性直至总裁级高管的3个强有力的建议。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
original [ə'ridʒənl]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的

联想记忆
brilliant ['briljənt]

想一想再看

adj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的
n. 宝石

联想记忆
intellectual [.intil'ektʃuəl]

想一想再看

n. 知识份子,凭理智做事者
adj. 智力的

联想记忆
property ['prɔpəti]

想一想再看

n. 财产,所有物,性质,地产,道具

联想记忆
conference ['kɔnfərəns]

想一想再看

n. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会

联想记忆
partner ['pɑ:tnə]

想一想再看

n. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人
v. 同 ... 合

联想记忆
literary ['litərəri]

想一想再看

adj. 文学的

联想记忆
senior ['si:njə]

想一想再看

adj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的

联想记忆
underestimate ['ʌndər'estimeit]

想一想再看

n. 低估
v. 低估

联想记忆
plane [plein]

想一想再看

adj. 平的,与飞机有关的
n. 飞机,水平

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。