手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之性别无限:对妇女的暴力行为(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • And if we want to talk about male victims,
  • 还有如果我们要谈男性受害者
  • let's talk about male victims.
  • 让我们谈谈男性受害者
  • Most male victims of violence are the victims of other men's violence.
  • 很多男性受害者被施暴于其他男性。
  • So that's something that both women and men have in common.
  • 所以如果男性和女性有些共同点,
  • We are both victims of men's violence.
  • 我们都是男性暴力下的受害者。
  • So we have it in our direct self-interest,
  • 所以我们都有各自的目的。
  • not to mention the fact that most men that I know
  • 事实上不得不说,我们知道很多男人拥有
  • have women and girls that we care deeply about,
  • 我们关心的女人和女孩子。
  • in our families and our friendship circles and every other way.
  • 在我们的家庭,我们的朋友圈子还有其他的。
  • So there's so many reasons why we need men to speak out.
  • 所以有很多原因解释为什么我们需要男人提出这问题。
  • It seems obvious saying it out loud. Doesn't it?
  • 这看起来很明显的需要说出来。不是吗?
  • Now, the nature of the work that I do and my colleagues do
  • 现在,我和我的同事正在做的是,
  • in the sports culture and the U.S. military, in schools,
  • 在传统的运动和美国军事和在学校,
  • we pioneered this approach called the bystander approach
  • 我们带领着这方略名为“旁观者策略”
  • to gender violence prevention.
  • 来防止性别暴力。
  • And I just want to give you the highlights of the bystander approach,
  • 还有我要特别给你们提出这策略的要点,
  • because it's a big thematic shift,
  • 因为这是很大的主题改观,
  • although there's lots of particulars,
  • 虽然有很多详细的要点,
  • but the heart of it is, instead of seeing men as perpetrators
  • 但这中心点是,不仅仅将男人看作施虐者,
  • and women as victims,
  • 女人是受害者,
  • or women as perpetrators, men as victims,
  • 或女人是施虐者,男人是受害者,
  • or any combination in there.
  • 或者任何一个组合。
  • I'm using the gender binary. I know there's more
  • 我在用着性别两极化。我知道的我们有的不仅仅是
  • than men and women, there's more than male and female.
  • 男人和女人。这世上不仅仅有男性和女性。
  • And there are women who are perpetrators,
  • 还有很多女人是施虐者,
  • and of course there are men who are victims.
  • 当然还有很多男人是受虐者。
  • There's a whole spectrum.
  • 这都是一系列的。
  • But instead of seeing it in the binary fashion,
  • 但是,然而将之当作是性别两极化,
  • we focus on all of us as what we call bystanders,
  • 我们注重在于我们就好比称之为旁观者,
  • and a bystander is defined as anybody who is not
  • 在这旁观者的意思是任何人在任何情况下,
  • a perpetrator or a victim in a given situation,
  • 如果不属于施虐者或被虐者,
  • so in other words friends, teammates, colleagues,
  • 换句话说就是朋友,队友,同事,
  • coworkers, family members, those of us
  • 一起工作的,家庭成员,
  • who are not directly involved in a dyad of abuse,
  • 甚至是不间接有关系的人们,
  • but we are embedded in social, family, work, school,
  • 但是我们在社交,家庭,工作,学校
  • and other peer culture relationships with people
  • 和其他同辈传统关系中与受虐者
  • who might be in that situation. What do we do?
  • 都是有所关联的。我们能做什么?
  • How do we speak up? How do we challenge our friends?
  • 我们该说什么?我们如何挑战我们的朋友?
  • How do we support our friends? But how do we not
  • 我们如何支持我们的朋友?我们如何能够
  • remain silent in the face of abuse?
  • 在暴力面前不保持沉默?
  • Now, when it comes to men and male culture,
  • 现在,当我们面对男性的传统,
  • the goal is to get men who are not abusive
  • 我们的目的是不暴力男人也要去
  • to challenge men who are.
  • 挑战那些施虐的男人。
  • And when I say abusive, I don't mean just
  • 还有当我说暴力倾向,
  • men who are beating women.
  • 我不是只说打女人的男人。
  • We're not just saying a man whose friend
  • 我们不是只说一个男人的朋友
  • is abusing his girlfriend needs to stop the guy
  • 正在对他女友施暴然后他需
  • at the moment of attack.
  • 阻止他朋友的施暴行为。
  • That's a naive way of creating a social change.
  • 这是很幼稚的改变社会的方法。
  • It's along a continuum, we're trying to get men
  • 这是个长远的过程,
  • to interrupt each other.
  • 我们在尝试让男人们互相影响。
  • So, for example, if you're a guy and you're in a group of guys
  • 所以,比方说,如果你是个男人然后和一班男人在
  • playing poker, talking, hanging out, no women present,
  • 玩扑克牌,谈天,逛街,没有女人在,
  • and another guy says something sexist or degrading
  • 然后一些男人说一些性别歧视或贬低
  • or harassing about women,
  • 或侮辱女人的话,
  • instead of laughing along or pretending you didn't hear it,
  • 与其加入取笑或当做没听见,
  • we need men to say, "Hey, that's not funny.
  • 我们须要男人说:“Hey,这一点都不好笑。
  • You know, that could be my sister you're talking about,
  • 你知道吗,你可能是在说着我的姐姐妹妹,
  • and could you joke about something else?
  • 你们可说些别的笑话吗?
  • Or could you talk about something else?
  • 或你们可以说其它话题吗?
  • I don't appreciate that kind of talk."
  • 我不赞成这类的话题。”
  • Just like if you're a white person and another white person
  • 就好象你是白人和另外一个白人
  • makes a racist comment, you'd hope, I hope,
  • 说个种族歧视的话题,你希望,我也希望,
  • that white people would interrupt that racist enactment
  • 有个白人会打岔那个话题,
  • by a fellow white person.
  • 是要来自个白人。
  • Just like with heterosexism, if you're a heterosexual person
  • 就好象你和异性恋的人一起,如果你是异性恋的人,
  • and you yourself don't enact harassing or abusive behaviors
  • 即使你不会对拥有不同性取向的人们
  • towards people of varying sexual orientations,
  • 做出些骚扰或暴力行为,
  • if you don't say something in the face of other heterosexual people doing that,
  • 如果你不在其他异性恋说些东西时即使打断,
  • then, in a sense, isn't your silence
  • 那么,照理来说,你的沉默是不是
  • a form of consent and complicity?
  • 代表着同意?


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

家庭暴力和性侵犯经常被成为“女人的问题”。但在这个大胆又锋锐的话题里,贾克森·凯兹指出,这些问题,在本质上其实是男人的问题——并且他也告诉我们这些暴力行为是如何和我们所谓的“男子气概”挂钩的。这为我们——所有男人女人——吹响号角,号召我们看清这些暴力行为,并以身作则去改变它。Jackson Katz问了一个至关重要的问题,挑战当下的性虐待,强奸,和家庭虐待的现状:男人到底是怎么了?


重点单词   查看全部解释    
obvious ['ɔbviəs]

想一想再看

adj. 明显的,显然的

联想记忆
naive [nɑ'i:v]

想一想再看

adj. 天真的,幼稚的

联想记忆
defined [di'faind]

想一想再看

adj. 有定义的,确定的;清晰的,轮廓分明的 v. 使

 
prevention [pri'venʃən]

想一想再看

n. 阻止,妨碍,预防

 
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆
challenge ['tʃælindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 挑战
v. 向 ... 挑战

 
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
shift [ʃift]

想一想再看

n. 交换,变化,移动,接班者
v. 更替,移

 
abuse [ə'bju:s,ə'bju:z]

想一想再看

n. 滥用,恶习
vt. 滥用,辱骂,虐待

联想记忆
peer [piə]

想一想再看

n. 同等的人,同辈,贵族
vi. 凝视,窥视

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。