手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之性别无限:出身决定命运?(6)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • 2]Well, just to close, I want to suggest to you
  • 好,说到这里,我想提醒大家
  • that I've been talking a lot about the fathers.
  • 我已经谈论了很多前人的事情
  • And I want to think about the possibilities
  • 我还想考虑一下
  • of what democracy might look like, or might have looked like,
  • 民主会是什么样子,或者是已经是什么样子的可能性
  • if we had more involved the mothers.
  • 如果我们可以让更多的母亲参与进来
  • And I want to say something a little bit radical for a feminist,
  • 我还想说对女权主义者有点激进的话
  • and that is that I think that there may be
  • 那就是我认为
  • different kinds of insights
  • 不同的人
  • that can come from different kinds of anatomies,
  • 也许可以带来不同的的观察视角
  • particularly when we have people thinking in groups.
  • 特别是当我们习惯于群体性思维的时候
  • Now for years, because I've been interested in intersex,
  • 我已经对双性人感兴趣很多年了
  • I've also been interested in sex difference research.
  • 也对性别差异也进行了多年的研究
  • And one of the things that I've been really interested in
  • 我十分感兴趣的事情之一是
  • is looking at the differences between males and females
  • 去观察世界范围内男性与女性之间
  • in terms of the way they think and operate in the world.
  • 在思考问题和解决问题上的差别
  • And what we know from cross-cultural studies
  • 我们从跨文化研究中得知
  • is that females, on average --
  • 女性,平均的看——
  • not everyone, but on average --
  • 当然不是每个人,而是平均的看——
  • are more inclined to be very attentive
  • 更倾向于留意
  • to complex social relations
  • 复杂的社会关系
  • and to taking care of people
  • 同时更加关心、同情
  • who are basically vulnerable within the group.
  • 人群中的弱势群体
  • And so if we think about that,
  • 那么如果我们这么认为
  • we have an interesting situation on our hands.
  • 我们发现一个有趣的情况
  • Years ago, when I was in graduate school,
  • 数年前,当我读研究生的时候
  • one of my graduate advisers who knew I was interested in feminism --
  • 我的一位指导教授知道我对女权运动很感兴趣——
  • I considered myself a feminist, as I still do --
  • 我自认是女权主义者,一直是——
  • asked a really strange question.
  • 他问了我一个很怪的问题
  • He said, "Tell me what's feminine about feminism."
  • 他说:“告诉我女权主义女性化在哪里”
  • And I thought, "Well that's the dumbest question I've ever heard.
  • 我想“恩……这是我听过的最让我哑口无言的问题
  • Feminism is all about undoing stereotypes about gender,
  • 女权主义是所有消除陈腐性别观念的一切活动的统称,
  • so there's nothing feminine about feminism."
  • 因此,女权主义不存在女性化”
  • But the more I thought about his question,
  • 但是,进一步解读这个问题,
  • the more I thought there might be something feminine about feminism.
  • 我想的更多的是,也许女权主义存在着一些女性化
  • That is to say, there might be something, on average,
  • 也就是说,也许有一些,总的说来
  • different about female brains from male brains
  • 女性的思维不同于男性的部分
  • that makes us more attentive
  • 使得我们更加富有警惕性
  • to deeply complex social relationships
  • 对于复杂的社会关系
  • and more attentive to taking care of the vulnerable.
  • 并且更加注意关心那些弱势群体
  • So whereas the fathers were extremely attentive
  • 但是前人们细心的
  • to figuring out how to protect individuals from the state,
  • 指出如何保护个人不受国家的影响
  • it's possible that if we injected more mothers
  • 如果我们在这个概念中注入如更多的母性
  • into this concept,
  • 是可能的
  • what we would have is more of a concept
  • 我们将拥有的要远多于一个概念
  • of, not just how to protect,
  • 不仅仅是如何保护
  • but how to care for each other.
  • 而是如何照顾彼此
  • And maybe that's where we need to go in the future,
  • 也许这就是我们未来要走的路
  • when we take democracy beyond anatomy,
  • 当我们抛开人种的分别来讲民主——
  • is to think less about the individual body,
  • 也就是较少的考虑到人的个体
  • in terms of the identity,
  • 关于人的身份特性,
  • and think more about those relationships.
  • 而是更多的考虑人们之间的关系
  • So that as we the people try to create a more perfect union,
  • 因此,当人们试图创造一个更加美好的联合体的时候
  • we're thinking about what we do for each other.
  • 我们需要考虑的是我们为他人都做了什么
  • Thank you.
  • 谢谢


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

艾丽丝·德雷格尔和她的同伴一起从事于边缘解剖学,例如连体儿和双性人。根据她的观察,在其他的结构特征中,男性和女性的分界线是很模糊的。为我们带来了一个问题:为什么要让我们的生理特征决定我们的命运。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
feminist ['feminist]

想一想再看

n. 女权主义者 adj. 主张男女平等的,女权主义的

联想记忆
protect [prə'tekt]

想一想再看

vt. 保护,投保

联想记忆
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
vulnerable ['vʌlnərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 易受伤害的,有弱点的

联想记忆
complex ['kɔmpleks]

想一想再看

adj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的
n. 复合体

联想记忆
democracy [di'mɔkrəsi]

想一想再看

n. 民主,民主制,民主国家

联想记忆
concept ['kɔnsept]

想一想再看

n. 概念,观念

 
radical ['rædikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 激进的,基本的,彻底的
n. 激进分

 
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆
attentive [ə'tentiv]

想一想再看

adj. 注意的,留意的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。