手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 牛津大学《美丽公主》 > 正文

美丽公主(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第12期:发现达芬奇(12)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • And if I'm right and this is a volume of poetry
  • 如果我没猜错,真的有这么一本诗册
  • and of course it would make a lovely front piece
  • 那当然这幅画会是一个精美的封面
  • or somewhere in the volume accompanying these poems
  • 或者会和诗歌一起夹在诗册中间
  • evoking the young woman's beauty and her innocence etc.
  • 让人想起这个年轻女人的美貌和纯真等等
  • These would be presented to the young woman in question,
  • 这本诗册会被献给这个公主
  • they would probably then go on a shelf.
  • 然后很可能就被搁在书架上
  • You look at them and they'd be delightful
  • 看着它会觉得很悦目
  • but they'd be part of a suite of aristocratic things
  • 但它只是这些上流贵族的摆设品之一
  • and unlike jewellery you couldn't wear them
  • 它不像珠宝,你戴不了它
  • so they were probably relatively useless in that sense
  • 所以从这个意义上讲,它没什么用处
  • and they lived for the moment of presentation.
  • 它们存在的意义就在于被献上的那一刻
  • It would be wondrous,it might be looked at.
  • 它可能很惊人,可能会有人看它
  • But one reason you wouldn't know about this portrait
  • 但我们不知道达芬奇画过这一幅画的原因是
  • is to have a Leonardo portrait sitting in a library
  • 把一幅达芬奇的画放在书房里
  • in a book of not very brilliant poetry is that it just gets lost.
  • 放在一本平庸的诗册里,它肯定会丢失
  • So we can get that hypothetical function for it.
  • 所以这是我们对这幅画的功能的假设
  • What would be really nice
  • 当然如果能找到那本
  • of course would be to discover the book that it's cut out of
  • 它被割下来的诗册,那就最好不过了
  • but the chances are it was cut out of the book
  • 但很可能割下这幅画的人
  • by somebody who wanted the portrait but didn't want the book
  • 只想要这幅画,不想要那本书
  • so we can imagine the book of poems
  • 所以我们可以想象,那本诗册
  • was probably ditched at that point.
  • 很可能已经被丢弃了
  • Interviewer: So Martin you were saying at the beginning
  • 马丁,你一开始的时候说
  • that you had a sense of immediate recognition
  • 你感觉到一眼就认出
  • that made this painting different from all the other things
  • 这幅画不同于以前你见过的那些假画
  • that you had seen and the different attributions
  • 不同于别人拿给你看的那些
  • that have been presented to you.
  • 冒充是达芬奇的画
  • After you've looked at it more closely
  • 在你仔细地看了这幅画
  • and gone through different methods of analysis
  • 用了不同的方法分析以后
  • how do you feel about the picture now?
  • 现在你对这幅画有什么感觉?
  • Well you go through
  • 你经过
  • all this process of looking for negatives
  • 这么多程序,寻找反面证据
  • which you have to keep doing.
  • 你必须一直这么找
  • But at a certain point it all adds up and the delights that I had
  • 但就在某个时候,一切都证据都成立了,我第一次
  • when I first saw it was being reinforced enormously
  • 见到它的快乐极大的加强了
  • and I'm absolutely convinced I think that it's rock solid.
  • 我绝对相信,我觉得它毫无疑问就是了
  • But above all it is thrilling to look at.
  • 但最主要的是,看着它实在太激动了
  • It's being restored as an old object.
  • 它是古董了,现在要对它进行修复
  • We're not going to look very good after 500 years
  • 经过500的时间,谁也不会好看
  • but it is just thrilling still.
  • 但它仍然能让人激动不已
  • It has an enormous freshness,a delicacy.
  • 它有着强烈的新鲜感,精美感
  • When you look at it in itself there's extraordinary presence.
  • 当你看着它时,就会觉得有个活人站在你面前
  • I've seen the Mona Lisa out of it's frame,
  • 我见过从画框上拿出来的蒙娜丽莎
  • I've seen all The Louvre pictures out of their frames.
  • 我见过卢浮宫里所有的画从画框上拿出来的样子
  • I've seen the Cecelia Gallirani out of it's frame.
  • 我见过从画框上拿出来的Cecelia Gallirani
  • And all of them have,not mystically inclined,
  • 它们都有...不是我故弄玄虚
  • but all of them have an inner life.
  • 但它们都有一种内在的生命力
  • The sitter's seem to live.
  • 画中人似乎是活着的
  • And very few artists can do that. Rembrandt can do it.
  • 很少画家能做到这点,伦伯朗能做到
  • Benini can do it in sculpture but the numbers
  • 贝尼尼的雕刻能做到,但不是很多人
  • who get that uncanny sense of a presence imbedded in the picture,
  • 能够在画上表现出这种活生生的感觉
  • a living presence.
  • 就像一个活生生的人在眼前
  • This very much has that.
  • 这幅画也有这种感觉
  • It has the delicacy it has the vibrancy
  • 它精美,有活力
  • which I think will give generations of viewers enormous pleasure.
  • 我想它会给后代的观画人带来巨大的乐趣


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

在被认为15世纪达芬奇的作品之前,《美丽公主》一直以《穿文艺复兴时装的19世纪德国少女的肖像》为题出售。牛津大学艺术史教授马丁·坎普是达芬奇研究专家,也是最早宣称该画作的高贵出身的专业人士之一。据他推测,画中的模特是米兰公爵鲁多维科斯佛尔扎的私生女,于是他重新命名这幅作品为《La Bella Principessa》,即《美丽公主》。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
immediate [i'mi:djət]

想一想再看

adj. 立即的,即刻的,直接的,最接近的

联想记忆
convinced [kən'vinst]

想一想再看

adj. 信服的

 
innocence ['inəsns]

想一想再看

n. 无罪,无知,天真无邪

联想记忆
function ['fʌŋkʃən]

想一想再看

n. 功能,函数,职务,重大聚会
vi. 运行

 
uncanny ['ʌn'kæni]

想一想再看

adj. 神秘的,不可思议的

联想记忆
sculpture ['skʌlptʃə]

想一想再看

n. 雕塑
vt. 雕刻,雕塑
vi

 
delightful [di'laitfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 令人愉快的,可喜的

 
shelf [ʃelf]

想一想再看

n. 架子,搁板

 
restored [ri'stɔ:d]

想一想再看

adj. 精力充沛的;精力恢复的 v. 修复(resto

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。