手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲MP3+字幕 > TED演讲之设计篇 > 正文

TED演讲(MP3+中英字幕) 网络设计 事关你我(1)

来源:网易 编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • What do you think of when I say the word design?
  • 当我说设计这个词的时候你会想到什么?
  • You probably think of things like this,
  • 你可能会想到,
  • finely crafted objects that you can hold in your hand,
  • 可以触摸到的精致的物品,
  • or maybe logos and posters and maps that visually explain things,
  • 也可能是一个商标,海报,或地图一些能从视觉上解释说明事物的东西,
  • classic icons of timeless design.
  • 经得起时间考验的图标设计。
  • But I'm not here to talk about that kind of design.
  • 但今天,我要讲的并不是那样的设计。
  • I want to talk about the kind that you probably use every day and may not give much thought to,
  • 我想说的是那种也许你每天都会使用的,但是却又没有关注太多的设计,
  • designs that change all the time and that live inside your pocket.
  • 那些设计一直在改变并且在我们的生活中无处不在。
  • I'm talking about the design of digital experiences and specifically the design of systems that are so big that their scale can be hard to comprehend.
  • 我要说的设计是一种数字化的体验,具体来说就是系统设计,它庞大的规模超乎想象。
  • Consider the fact that Google processes over one billion search queries every day,
  • 讲一个谷歌的事实,它每天有超过十亿的搜索量,
  • that every minute, over 100 hours of footage are uploaded to YouTube.
  • 每一分钟,就有超过长达100个小时的视频被传到YouTube上。
  • That's more in a single day than all three major U.S. networks broadcast in the last five years combined.
  • 单这一天的量甚至比美国三大广播网络在过去五年里加起来的总和还要多。
  • And Facebook transmitting the photos,
  • 而且脸书也在超过12.3亿人之间,
  • messages and stories of over 1.23 billion people.
  • 传播照片消息和事件。
  • That's almost half of the Internet population,
  • 这几乎是网络使用者的一半,
  • and a sixth of humanity.
  • 也是世界人口的六分之一。
  • These are some of the products that I've helped design over the course of my career,
  • 它们是一些我在职业生涯中参与设计的产品,
  • and their scale is so massive that they've produced unprecedented design challenges.
  • 它们极大的规模创造了前所未有的设计挑战。
  • But what is really hard about designing at scale is this:
  • 但是,事实上关于大规模设计:
  • It's hard in part because it requires a combination of two things,
  • 真正困难的地方在于它需要把大胆和谦逊,
  • audacity and humility a audacity to believe that the thing that you're making is something that the entire world wants and needs,
  • 结合在一起大胆是去相信你所设计的东西是整个世界所希望和需要的,
  • and humility to understand that as a designer,
  • 而谦逊让是去理解,作为一个设计师,
  • it's not about you or your portfolio,
  • 这个设计品不只是关于你个人或者你的作品集,
  • it's about the people that you're designing for,
  • 它在于如何针对性地为用户们设计,
  • and how your work just might help them live better lives.
  • 以及所设计的产品是否让他们过上更好的生活。
  • Now, unfortunately, there's no school that offers the course Designing for Humanity 101.
  • 很不幸的是,现在并没有一所学校开一门设计以人为本的课。
  • I and the other designers who work on these kinds of products have had to invent it as we go along,
  • 我和一些同样设计这类产品的设计师们在设计的过程中不得不自创了这门课,
  • and we are teaching ourselves the emerging best practices of designing at scale,
  • 并且来教授自己要在实践中形成最好的规模设计,
  • and today I'd like share some of the things that we've learned over the years.
  • 今天,我将和大家分享这么多年期间,我们学到的一些经验。
  • Now, the first thing that you need to know about designing at scale is that the little things really matter.
  • 关于设计规模的规则,你首先需要知道的是点滴的小事影响深远
  • Here's a really good example of how a very tiny design element can make a big impact.
  • 这里有一个很好的例子可以用来解释为什么一个非常小的设计会造成很大的影响。
  • The team at Facebook that manages the Facebook Like button decided that it needed to be redesigned.
  • 脸书的管理团队成功设计了脸书上那个写着赞的图标决定要对它进行重新设计。
  • The button had kind of gotten out of sync with the evolution of our brand and it needed to be modernized.
  • 这个按键有些跟不上我们品牌演变的步伐它需要变得现代化。
  • Now you might think, well, it's a tiny little button,
  • 可能你会认为,好吧, 那只不过是一个小小的按键,
  • it probably is a pretty straightforward,
  • 所以它可能只是一个非常简单的,
  • easy design assignment, but it wasn't.
  • 设计任务,但事实并非如此。
  • Turns out, there were all kinds of constraints for the design of this button.
  • 后来,当我们设计这个按键的时候存在着各种各样的约束。
  • You had to work within specific height and width parameters.
  • 你必须在一个大量的参数的环境中工作。
  • You had to be careful to make it work in a bunch of different languages,
  • 你必须注意这个按键可以不同语言环境中都能有效果,
  • and be careful about using fancy gradients or borders because it has to degrade gracefully in old web browsers.
  • 同时也要避免花哨或者花哨的界限,因为这个按键要在旧式浏览器中优雅地渐渐退出。
  • The truth is, designing this tiny little button was a huge pain in the butt.
  • 而事实是,即使是设计这么小的按键也是个是非常痛苦的过程。
  • Now, this is the new version of the button,
  • 这是新设计的按键,
  • and the designer who led this project estimates that he spent over 280 hours redesigning this button over the course of months.
  • 在过去的几个月里,带领这个项目的设计师估计花费了超过280个小时重新设计这个按键。
  • Now, why would we spend so much time on something so small?
  • 你可能要问,究竟为什么我们要在这么一样小东西上花费这么长的时间?
  • It's because when you're designing at scale,
  • 这是因为当你在做设计的时候,
  • there's no such thing as a small detail.
  • 细节上是不存在大小之分的。
  • This innocent little button is seen on average 22 billion times a day and on over 7.5 million websites.
  • 这个不起眼的小图标平均每天被浏览220亿次出现在超过750万的网页上。
  • It's one of the single most viewed design elements ever created.
  • 它是史上最具设计元素的产品。
  • Now that's a lot of pressure for a little button and the designer behind it,
  • 现在你知道为什么我说在这个小小的按键,
  • but with these kinds of products,
  • 设计的背后隐藏着设计者巨大的压力,
  • you need to get even the tiny things right.
  • 但是对于这类的产品,即使是小的事情也必须要做好。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

脸书(facebook)上的“喜欢”和“分享”按键每天会出现220亿次,使它们成为有史以来最受关注的设计元素之一,玛格丽特·古尔德·斯图尔特,作为脸书的董事和产品设计者,与大家分享了关于大规模设计的三大规则:仅仅是细微的改善,也会给全世界人们的生活带来变化 。并且,即使细微的调整也要小心谨慎,否则会引起所有人的不满。细节决定成败。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
element ['elimənt]

想一想再看

n. 元素,成分,组成部分,(复数)恶劣天气

 
specific [spi'sifik]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的
n. 特

联想记忆
comprehend [.kɔmpri'hend]

想一想再看

vt. 充分理解,包括

联想记忆
assignment [ə'sainmənt]

想一想再看

n. 分配,功课,任务,被指定的(课外)作业;(分派的)

联想记忆
population [.pɔpju'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 人口 ,(全体)居民,人数

联想记忆
combination [.kɔmbi'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 结合,联合,联合体

联想记忆
brand [brænd]

想一想再看

n. 商标,牌子,烙印,标记
vt. 打烙印,

联想记忆
pressure ['preʃə]

想一想再看

n. 压力,压强,压迫
v. 施压

联想记忆
gracefully

想一想再看

adv. 优雅地;温文地

 
massive ['mæsiv]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。