I blanched.
我脸色发白。
veins
静脉(vein的复数);[木] 纹理
In his veins dances the blood of hero.
他的血管里沸腾着英雄的热血。
The veins empty themselves into the heart.
血管里的血液流入心脏。
I can handle it.
我能把握住。
insanity
疯狂;精神错乱;精神病;愚顽
This kind of risk borders on insanity.
这种冒险接近疯狂。
In her defense Halen alleged temporary insanity.
在答辩中,海伦提出一时的精神错乱为借口。
speculative
投机的;推测的;思索性的
So one of the things that agilists do we document stable concepts and not speculative concepts.
所以,敏捷人员所做的一件事就是为我们证明稳定的概念而非投机的概念。
“We have to find a new way — or maybe it’s an old way — to stimulate enough demand for the economy to do what it’s supposed to do without speculative excess, ” Mr. Bernstein said.
“我们必须找到一条新的途径——这也许是一种古老的方式——刺激足够的需求,使经济无需经受过度投机造成的恶果,让它做它应该做的事情,”伯恩斯坦说。
triumphant
成功的;得意洋洋的;狂欢的
The next four, or eight, years may be a disappointment, a triumphant renewal or something in between.
未来四年或八年可能会带来一场失望,一个成功的重生或介于两者之间。
The next four, or eight, years may be a disappointment, a triumphant renewal or something in between.
下一个四年,或者是八年可能是一个失望的或者是成功的改革或者是两者之间的。
on my deathbed
临终之时
And now as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize: If I had only changed my self first, then by example I would have changed my family.
现在,当我躺在床上等待死亡时,我突然意识到,要是我只改变我自己,以自己为榜样也许能改变我的家人。
Unfortunately, my decision to have Phil deliver the Macworld keynote set off another flurry of rumors about my health, with some even publishing stories of me on my deathbed.
不幸的是,我让菲尔·施勒尔(Phil Schiller)发表主题演讲的决定却再次引来了关于我的健康问题的非议,甚至有人传言称我已经病入膏肓。
compromise
妥协;危害
Compromise makes for success in negotiations.
妥协有助于谈判的成功。
I am prepared to make some concession on minor details, but I cannot compromise on fundamentals.
在一些细节上我可以作些让步,但在基本原则上我是不会妥协的。
adj. 不足以令人相信的