沃恩:你埋头看这本小说已经几个小时了。它是讲什么的?
Sydney:It's a spy novel and it's really good.
悉德尼:这是本间谍小说,真的很棒。
It's about a man who is recruited by the C.I.A. to work in counterintelligence doing code breaking,
这本书讲的是一个男人被中情局招募从事反间谍代码破译的工作,
but he becomes embroiled in the world of espionage.
但他被卷入了间谍活动的圈子当中。
Vaughn:That sounds exciting.
沃恩:听起来就很兴奋啊。
Sydney:Yeah, he's sent on a mission to infiltrate a foreign spy organization and to feed them misinformation.
悉德尼:是的,他的任务需要打入外国间谍组织内部并给予他们错误的信息。
I'd love to be a spy.
我想当个间谍啊。
Vaughn:You wouldn't really want to live the life of a spy, would you?
沃恩:你不会真的想当间谍吧?
You'd have to live a double life, not being able to tell your friends and family that you're an operative.
你得过上双重生活,不能告诉你的朋友和家人,你正在执行任务。
Sydney:I wouldn't care if I could go on clandestine missions to thwart and sabotage the enemy.
悉德尼:如果能够继续阻挠且打击敌人的秘密任务,我不介意的。
Working for the C.I.A. would be a dream come true.
为中情局工作是我的梦想。
Vaughn:You'd have to keep a lot of secrets, not divulging classified information.
沃恩:你得保守很多秘密,不能泄露机密信息。
Sydney:Yes, so?
悉德尼:是的,然后呢?
Vaughn:Loose lips sink ships.
沃恩:言多必失。
Sydney:What are you trying to say?
悉德尼:你想说什么?
Vaughn:Well, no offense but I think your cover would be blown after about five minutes!
沃恩:嗯,无意冒犯,但我认为就凭你的伪装会分分钟被人识破的!