手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语美文欣赏 > 那些似水流年 > 正文

双语美文之那些似水流年 第6期:雨中的奔跑

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • She had been shopping with her Mom in Wal-Mart.
  • 她和妈妈刚在沃尔玛结束购物。
  • She must have been 6 years old, this beautiful brown haired, freckle-faced image of innocence.
  • 这个天真的小女孩应该6岁大了,头发是美丽的棕色,脸上有雀斑。
  • It was pouring outside.
  • 外面下着倾盆大雨。
  • The kind of rain that gushes over the top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the Earth,it has no time to flow down the spout.
  • 雨水溢满了檐槽,来不及排走,就迫不及待地涌涨上地面。
  • We all stood there under the awning and just inside the door of the Wal-Mart.
  • 我们都站在沃尔玛门口的遮篷下。
  • We all waited, some patiently, others irritated, because nature messed up their hurried day.
  • 大家都在等待,有人很耐心,有人很烦躁,因为老天在给他们本已忙碌的一天添乱。
  • I am always mesmerized by rainfall.
  • 雨天总引起我的遐思。
  • I get lost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world.
  • 我出神地听着、看着老天冲刷洗涤这世界的污垢和尘埃,
  • Memories of running, splashing so carefree as a child come pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.
  • 孩时无忧无虑地在雨中奔跑玩水的记忆汹涌而至,暂时缓解了我一天的焦虑。
  • Her voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all caught in,Mom, let's run through the rain. she said.
  • 小女孩甜美的声音打破了这令人昏昏欲睡的气氛,妈妈,我们在雨里跑吧。她说。
  • What? Mom asked.
  • 什么?母亲问。
  • Let's run through the rain! She repeated.
  • 我们在雨里跑吧,她重复。
  • No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit. Mom replied.
  • 不,亲爱的,我们等雨小一点再走。母亲回答说。
  • This young child waited about another minute and repeated: Mom, let's run through the rain.
  • 过了一会小女孩又说:妈妈,我们跑出去吧。
  • We'll get soaked if we do. Mom said.
  • 这样的话我们会湿透的。母亲说。
  • No, we won't, Mom. That's not what you said this morning, the young girl said as she tugged at her Mom's arm.
  • 不会的,妈妈。你今天早上不是这样说的。小女孩一边说一边拉着母亲的手。
  • This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet?
  • 今天早上?我什么时候说过我们淋雨不会湿啊?
  • Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer, you said, If God can get us through this, he can get us through anything!
  • 你不记得了吗?你和爸爸谈他的癌症时,你不是说‘如果上帝让我们闯过这一关,那我们就没有什么过不去。’
  • The entire crowd stopped dead silent.
  • 人群一片寂静。
  • I swear you couldn't hear anything but the rain. We all stood silently.
  • 我发誓,除了雨声,你什么都听不到。我们都静静地站着。
  • No one came or left in the next few minutes.Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say.
  • 接下来的几分钟没有一个人走动。母亲停了一下,想着应该说些什么。
  • Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly.
  • 有人也许会对此一笑了之,或者责备这孩子的不懂事,
  • Some might even ignore what was said.
  • 有人甚至不把她的话放在心上。
  • But this was a moment of affirmation in a young child's life.
  • 但这却是一个小孩子一生中需要被肯定的时候。
  • Time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will bloom into faith.
  • 若受到鼓舞,此时孩子单纯的信任就会发展成为坚定的信念。
  • Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain.
  • 亲爱的,你说得对,我们跑过去吧。
  • If get wet, well maybe we just needed washing. Mom said.
  • 如果淋湿了,那也许是因为我们的确需要冲洗一下了。母亲说。
  • Then off they ran.
  • 然后她们就冲出去了。
  • We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they darted past the cars and.
  • 我们站在那里,笑着看她们飞快地跑过停着的汽车。
  • They held their shopping bags over their heads just in case.
  • 她们把购物袋高举过头想挡挡雨,
  • They got soaked.
  • 但还是湿透了。
  • But they were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the way to their cars.
  • 好几个人像孩子般尖叫着,大笑着,也跟着冲了出去,奔向自己的车子。
  • And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I needed washing.
  • 当然,我也这样做了,跑了出去,淋湿了。
  • Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health.
  • 我也需要接受洗礼。环境或其他人可以夺去你的物质财富,抢走你的金钱,带走你的健康,
  • But no one can ever take away your precious memories.
  • 但没有人可以带走你珍贵的回忆。
  • So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories every day!
  • 因此,记得要抓紧时间,抓住机会每天都给自己留下一些回忆吧!
  • To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.
  • 世间万物皆有自己的季节,做任何事情也有一个恰当的时机。
  • I hope you still take the time to run through the rain.
  • 希望你有机会在雨中狂奔一回。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

1.freckle n.雀斑,斑点

I can see each individual freckle on his face.
我可以看到每个人在他的脸上雀斑。

Be the same freckle face kid that I knew.
怎么可能是我曾经的那个雀斑。

2.irritate v.刺激,使兴奋;使发怒

This might irritate your bladder and aggravate your condition.
这可能会刺激您的膀胱,并加剧您的病情。

Sometimes a normal vaginal discharge can irritate the skin.
有些时候,正常的分泌物也可能使皮肤发炎。

3.hypnotic n.安眠药;催眠状态的人

They considered the hypnotic state a psychological one.
他们都将催眠状态视为心理学的研究对象。

Getting into a hypnotic state is a skill that will improve over time.
进入催眠状态是一种随着时间积累而改变的技巧。

4.tug n.猛拉,推力;绳索链条

Tie a rope or a tug toy to the door of your fridge.
栓一根绳子或者一个拖船玩具在你的冰箱上。

One sometimes must diet and wiggle, tug and stretch to squeeze into a pair of tight jeans.
你得节食,还要前后摆、用力拉、绷紧身体,才能穿进一条紧身牛仔裤。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
innocence ['inəsns]

想一想再看

n. 无罪,无知,天真无邪

联想记忆
reprieve [ri'pri:v]

想一想再看

n. 缓刑,缓刑令 v. 暂缓处刑,暂时得救

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
freckle ['frekl]

想一想再看

n. 雀斑,斑点
v. 长雀斑

联想记忆
soaked [səukt]

想一想再看

adj. 湿透的 动词soak的过去式和过去分词

 
affirmation [.æfə:'meiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 肯定,断言,主张

 
aggravate ['ægrəveit]

想一想再看

vt. 使 ... 恶化,使 ... 更严重

联想记忆
discharge [dis'tʃɑ:dʒ]

想一想再看

v. 放出,解雇,放电,解除,清偿债务
n.

 
psychological [.saikə'lɔdʒikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 心理(学)的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。