手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 名人传记 > 名人传记之李小龙 > 正文

《名人传记》之我是李小龙12:武术界的猫王

编辑:kahn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • We both attended the University of Washington.
  • 一起进入华盛顿大学后
  • We would get together on campus
  • 在不练习功夫的闲暇之余
  • and attend our classes, occasionally,
  • 我们就开始在校园里一起漫步
  • when we weren't doing Kung Fu or something else.
  • 偶尔一起上课
  • And then when we were both done with our classes,
  • 我们上完课以后
  • we would rush back to his studio,
  • 总会快步回到
  • which was just right there in the university district,
  • 他位于大学区内的国术馆
  • and we'd turn on the TV and watch General Hospital every day.
  • 然后打开电视收看每天的《综合医院》
  • And it was like,
  • 当时经常这么说
  • "We have to get there. It's almost three o'clock!"
  • "快三点了 赶紧过去"
  • In the 60s, marriages were happening in California.
  • 在60年代的加州 出现了异族通婚
  • In the rest of the country there were no interracial marriages.
  • 但其他地区却不允许异族婚姻
  • I mean, it was very difficult.
  • 这非常棘手
  • My mother was not thrilled when we decided to get married,
  • 我母亲听说我们要结婚的消息后并不惊喜
  • and didn't want her daughter
  • 相反她不希望我
  • to have to suffer any negativity from others.
  • 受到任何负面舆论压力的影响
  • The ban on interracial marriage was lifted in 1968.
  • 政府于1968年解除了异族婚姻的禁令
  • That didn't mean the ban lifted in people's hearts.
  • 但人们心中仍然存在偏见
  • Bruce was very strong in saying,
  • 布鲁斯的态度则十分强硬
  • "I want to marry Linda. I know that we are a good match."
  • "我一定会娶琳达 我们是天作之合"
  • And so we did get married. It was really hard on my mother.
  • 最终我们结婚了 刚开始我妈妈并不高兴
  • But it wasn't long before she came to love Bruce very much.
  • 不过不久她也逐渐接受了布鲁斯
  • It's so important to know
  • 很重要的一点是
  • that it was his wife Linda that grounded him.
  • 妻子琳达是他成功的基础
  • She was his rock.
  • 她是他坚强的后盾
  • As a couple,
  • 作为夫妻
  • we really did not suffer any prejudice from outsiders,
  • 我们并没有受到什么舆论的影响
  • and I think this had a great deal to do with
  • 这都归功于
  • Bruce's overwhelming personality.
  • 布鲁斯坚韧不拔的性格


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

I absolutely recognise that my uncle was a gorgeous man.He's got swagger. We love his style.He's got swagger. We love his style.

我一直觉得我叔叔是个了不起的人,他很时髦,我们喜欢他的风格。

He had style the way Muhammad Ali had style in the ring.

他给人的感觉和阿里在擂台上给人的感觉一模一样

He was like the Elvis of martial arts.He looked like a movie star.He was always such a snappy dresser and so handsome.

他就是武术界的猫王,看起来就像一个电影明星,他穿着利落大方,十分俊朗。

I've heard the term that he's put balls on Chinese men.He's shown that the Chinese man can be,you know, sexy and hot and enticing.

我听说是他让人们对中国人刮目相看,他用行动证明中国人也可以性感火辣、魅力四射。

I'm trying to copy his hair.That's why my hair is long.

我试着模仿他的发型,所以我才留了长发

After Bruce Lee, my God, Chinese men,they're a force to be reckoned with.They're invincible.

自从有了李小龙,天哪,人们不得不重新审视中国人,原来他们也是血气方刚的。

So that's an amazing transformation.He's one of a kind and extremely attractive.That would be for both straight women and a lot of gay men that I know too.

人们的态度发生了很大的转变,他是独一无二且魅力无穷的。我认识的许多女性,也包括很多同志都对他如痴如醉

Let's just put it this way.I think the one thing that's missing in my life right now is Bruce Lee.A man like Bruce Lee.

这么说吧,目前我人生中唯一缺少的就是李小龙,一个李小龙这样的男人

The first internationals were in Long Beach.I was instructed to take out Bruce Lee. He was the guest.So I was sort of like the tour guide for him.He demonstrated his art before he even demonstrated in front of the black-belt audience.

他首次出席国际比赛是在长滩,他们要我陪同作为嘉宾出席的李小龙,我差不多就像导游那样。在给那些空手道选手表演之前他就已经给我演示过他的绝招了。

In the hotel room he says,"You can use everything, you can side-kick,""you can round-kick, and I'll just use my jab."

在旅店时他告诉我,"随你使什么招 侧踢也好","回旋踢也罢 我只用刺拳就够了"。

He used to be little more on the jab

当时他一心专攻刺拳

重点单词   查看全部解释    
martial ['mɑ:ʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 军事的,战争的

联想记忆
enticing [in'taisiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 迷人的;引诱的 v. 引诱;诱骗(entice

 
transformation [.trænsfə'meiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 转型,转化,改造

联想记忆
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆
swagger ['swægə]

想一想再看

v. 大摇大摆地走,吹嘘 n. 大摇大摆,吹牛 adj.

联想记忆
invincible [in'vinsibl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可征服的,难以制服的

联想记忆
attractive [ə'træktiv]

想一想再看

adj. 有吸引力的,引起注意的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。