凯里叫我来的
I know.
我知道
He's just on a call.
他去打电话了
So the IRA agreed to an Off and Compromise
国税厅在你的税务案件上
on your tax case.
允许你做出让步以换取不追究
The IRA?
国税厅?
The... the IRS.
国税局
You'll have to pay a penalty
你得缴纳罚金
we can deal with all the specifics later
具体事宜可以稍后再谈
but you have some uncashed checks in your file.
不过你的档案里有一些未兑现的支票
You should take a look at those.
你该看看
Thanks.
谢谢
I'm not gay.
我并不是同性恋
You asked whether I was gay?
你不是问我是不是同性恋么
Yes...
是的
two years ago.
两年前了
I know.
我知道
I wanted to answer.
我想回答一下你的问题
I'm not gay I'm...
我不是同性恋,我只是
...flexible.
两相宜,
Okay.
好吧
Flexible. Good.
两相宜,真不错
And uh...
另外
Lana Delaney this FBI agent
那个联调局干探拉娜·德兰尼
that's... flexible?
就是你所谓的两相宜?
Yeah. Sort of.
对,算是吧
Because as your lawyer I wouldn't...
因为作为你的律师,我不会...
you know what it's your life. You do what you want.
这是你的生活,你有行事的自由
What?
怎么了
It's the Veriscene case. The judgment's in.
是那桩维洛欣的案子,裁决出来了
We find out tomorrow.
明天就揭晓了
That's good.
那好啊
I don't know. I've got a bad feeling about this one.
我也不知道,有种不祥的预感
How's everyone this morning?
大家今天早上好啊
Well Your Honor.
我们都很好,法官阁下
We seem to have a designated hitter here today.
似乎今天来了位代理的律师啊
Yes Your Honor. My partner Will Gardner
是的,法官阁下,我的合伙人加德纳
couldn't be in court...
无法到庭
Oh you don't have to cover for him. I know Will's suspended.
不用解释,我知道威尔被停职了
How's he doing? Very well thank you for asking.
他还好么,很好,承蒙挂念,
Like a kid with five days until Christmas.
他就像是圣诞节前五天的小孩子一样
Well tell him he's missed.
告诉他,我们都记挂着他
Shall we get started?
可以开始了吗
Plaintiff alleges that Veriscene
原告诉称,维洛欣
a drug administered for the cure of acne
一种本应能治疗粉刺的药物
caused Mr. Goode irreversible sterility.
导致了古德先生终身不育
Accordingly I am entering judgment for the plaintiff
因此我判决原告胜诉
in the amount of $25 million in compensatory.
被告应赔付2500万美元
I acknowledge that this amount
我知道这个数字
is in excess of the $18 million requested by the plaintiff
比原告的索赔金额高了1800万
but I find the actions here particularly heinous.
那是因为此案中的情节十分恶劣
Your Honor... Yes Mr. Canning?
法官阁下,什么事,坎宁先生,
You want to appeal?
你要上诉吗
Oh I do. Uhvehemently. As is your right.
肯定的,这是你的权利,
Mr. Goode no matter where this ends up I want you to know
古德先生,不论最终结果如何
justice was done here today.
我希望你知道,今天正义得到了伸张
Whoohoo! Yes!
哇哦,太棒了
Congratulations.
恭喜
I am rarely speechless but I am speechless.
我很少激动到无言,但我现在真的无话可说
Thank you. Thank you both. It's not over yet.
谢谢你们二位,这事还没完,
They're going to drag this out in appeals so...
他们要提出上诉,所以...
I thought it was going against us.
我本以为判决会对我们不利
Sometimes fate smiles.
有时命运也会眷顾我们的
Will are you standing or sitting?
威尔,你现在是坐着还是站着
Which one do you want me to be?
你希望我怎样
You're kidding.
开玩笑?
You're kidding.
逗我呢吧
Do you know what this means?
你知道这意味着什么吗
That we can pay off our balloon payment.
我们可以付清分期付款中的大额付款
And dodge the executioner for another quarter.
又挺过了一个季度
If you get a settlement.
你得先达成和解才行
Where's Canning at? He'll appeal.
坎宁在哪,他会上诉的
For effect. $25 million should motivate him.
做做样子罢了,2500万可不是小数字
Peter you okay?
彼得,你还好么
We have a problem with the house.
房子的事我们有麻烦了
We?
我们?
Uh Jackie.
是杰姬
She paid ten percent in cash on the down payment.
她用现金付了首付款的百分之十
Apparently she was bidding against someone.
显然她是在和某人竞价
Me. She was bidding against me.
就是我,她在和我竞价
So I'm planning on going ahead with the purchase
所以我打算继续付款购买
and then flipping the house in a few months.
过几个月再卖掉
Okay.
好的
Are you moving in?
你会搬进去吗
Just temporarily.
只是暂时的
I think I could get more money for the house
要是后院好好整整
if I did some work in the backyard.
或许卖出时还能小赚一点
Why are you telling me this Peter?
你为什么要跟我说这个,彼得
Look I don't want you to worry about these...
听着,我不希望你忧心我这些...
decisions.
决定
This is all temporary.
这都只是暂时的
I'm not trying to...
我并不是想要
Colonize our past?
垄断我们的过去?
Well I don't think I'd exactly put it that way
我想我大概不会这样措辞
but yes I don't want these decisions to be misunderstood.
不过你说得对,我不希望你误解我这些决定
Okay. I won't.
好的,我不会
So... we're making this work right?
那么,我们就在此事上携手努力吧?
Oddly yes we are.
虽然奇怪,但是的
I heard Cary is back with you guys.
我听说凯里回你们律所了
Yes starts today.
对,他今天入职
He's a good guy.
他是个好小伙子
Wish him luck.
愿他好运
So we'll need you out here until we get an office cleared out
在收拾出办公室前,只能委屈你在这了
if you're all right with that.
希望你不要介意
I am.
不介意
Good. It'll just be a few weeks.
好,忍几周就好
Welcome back Cary.
欢迎回来,凯里
Yeah?
你好
Um is this F&E Construction?
请问是F&E建设吗
Hello?
你好
Who is this?
你是谁
Uh I'm a lawyer following up on a uncashed check
我是律师,想询问一张未兑现支票
from F&E Construction.
是F&E建设开出的
Unfortunately we'll need you to reissue the check.
很不幸,这张支票得重开了
Who is this?
你是谁
Um... is this F&E Construction?
请问是F&E建设吗
Yes.
是的
I don't recognize your voice.
我没认出你的声音
I'm a lawyer representing...
我是...某人的
someone...
律师
uh who has an uncashed check from F&E Construction
我的委托人有张F&E建设开出的未兑现支票
and she can't access her funds
她现在无法兑换现金
unless you reissue so...
除非你们重开支票,所以...
Who's the check make out to?
这支票是开给谁的
Cash.
现金
Where are you calling from lady?
你在哪打的电话呢,女士
Can you just reissue the check sir?
你能重开支票吗,先生
Sure. Give me a check number.
可以,给我支票号码
You know what um I'll call you back with that information.
呃...我一会打过来给你相关信息
Thank you.
谢谢
Oh hey Cary.
嘿,凯里
How are you doing? Good.
你还好吗,很好,
You seem to be too.
你看起来也不错
Oh it's just from being liaison to Eli Gold.
我只是在这里帮伊莱·戈德做联系人
As soon as he's back on the campaign trail
只要他开始竞选游说
I'll be out there with everyone else. Where are you?
我就出去和大家一起了,你办公室在哪
I'm out there with everyone else.
在外面和大家一起
Well then you'll have company.
那你会有伴了
Canning. Oh Cary.
坎宁来了,哦,凯里
Good to have you back. Thank you.
欢迎你回来,谢谢,
The Veriscene case we're in the middle of negotiations.
维洛欣的案子,我们要谈判了
Yeah go for it. I know my way around.
明白,去吧,我能找到路
We're not committing to an offer yet
我们还没定出具体价格
but if you have a number we'll listen.
但若你们要开价,我们愿意听听
Mr. Canning are you with us?
坎宁先生,你在听吗
Oh I'm sorry I was just texting my lawyer.
抱歉,我在给我的律师发信息
It's funny isn't it lawyers having lawyers?
很有意思吧,律师的律师
And my lawyer probably has a lawyer too.
而我的律师可能还有个律师
We should all be getting progressively smaller like matryoshka dolls.
我们或许就像俄罗斯套娃那样一个比一个小
Yes. So are we negotiating or what are we doing?
没错,我们要谈判吗,还是怎样
No we're negotiating.
我们要谈判
II think I have an offer for you.
我...我想我可以开个价
A onetime offer.
但仅本次有效
Zero? Really?
零,真的吗
you have five minutes to decide whether to take it.
你们有5分钟时间决定是否接受
I see. And if we don't
明白了,但若我们不接受
you have a bomb or something?
你会拿出个炸弹之类的吗
Sort of.
差不多吧
Hi. We're all here. Where are you?
我们都到了,你在哪
Just changing. I'll be right in.
换衣服,马上就到
The rashs back Michael.
疹子复发了,迈克尔
I know. I'm trying the ointment three times a day.
知道,我每天会用三次药膏
You have to stop eating so much spicy food.
你不能再吃那么多辛辣食物了
Yes. No more Thai food for you.
没错,不能再吃泰国菜了
Oh please it's just poop.
拜托,只是大便而已
You shovel the stuff all day buddy.
你每天都在帮人处理这东西,兄弟
Oh God.
哦,天呐
Patti Nyholm.
帕蒂·尼霍姆
Well look at you. And you.
看看你吧,看看你,
Poster child for Motherhood Today.
突然要做模范妈妈了
You have no changing tables in the restroom Will.
你的休息室里没有换洗台,威尔
It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
这会招来诉讼的
Yep doing our part to suppress the birth rate.
对,而我不过是在为抑制出生率做贡献
So I need some legal advice on my contract.
我需要在婚约上咨询些法律意见
Oh my God wait.
哦天呐,稍等
You can't practice law anymore.
你不能执业了
What was I thinking?
我是在想什么啊
No thank you.
不要了,谢谢
I'll be right out Michael.
我马上有事,迈克尔
This'll take a few minutes.
需要几分钟
That must be reall hard on you Will
你的日子肯定很艰难,威尔
just sitting around watching all these lawyers
只能坐着看那些律师们工作
while you're what surfing the Web?
而你...干什么,在网上度日如年
Clipping coupons?
还是剪优惠券消磨时间
What's up Patti?
怎么了,帕蒂
A lawsuit. Really? Which one?
诉讼的事,是吗,哪件,
A new one. It'll be great being on opposite sides again
新的,再次和你交手感觉真好
dusting it up...
把你们打个落花流水
Oh wait. Darn it.
哦,等等,真讨厌
You're not a lawyer anymore.
你都不是律师了
I keep forgetting.
我老是忘了
So sorry I'm late.
抱歉我迟到了
Here's my lawyer now.
我的律师来了
Ms. Nyholm I believe you know everybody.
尼霍姆夫人,相信你都认识
I think I do. Hello.
确实认识,大家好
How are your negotiations going? Well I don't know
谈判进行的如何了,不知道,
I gave them five minutes to agree to my settlement offer
我给了他们5分钟时间来考虑接受我的条件
and that time is up... now.
现在,时间到了
We're suing you.
我们要起诉你们
On behalf of LOC Pharmaceuticals makers of Veriscene and Elvatyl.
代表维洛欣和艾哇泰的制造商LOC药业
And their insurer LifeState.
以及他们的保险公司,生命保险
We joined forces to sue you for $50 million
我们联合向你们索赔5千万美金
for fraud and malicious prosecution.
理由是欺诈与恶意控告
Come on this is harassment.
得了吧,你这是骚扰
Is that you legal opinion Will?
这是你的法律意见吗,威尔
No it's mine.
不,是我的意见
Your company doesn't like being sued
要是你们公司不喜欢被人告
try making products that don't kill and maim people.
就别生产对人致残致死的药
Here's a better idea
我有个更好的主意
stop intentionally and wrongfully instituting legal proceedings
别再故意恶意地起诉
you know are without merit.
你明知没有法律依据
We were just awarded $25 million
我们刚被判获赔2500万
I'd call that merit.
这就是法律依据
No. I would call that judicial bbery.
不,这是司法贿赂
Oops.
糟了
Is that a sensitive topic?
这算是敏感话题吗
This case was built for a jury.
这案子本该由陪审团审理
You requested a bench trial.
你却请求法官直接审理
It's a milliondollar case
你们的诉讼请求才1000万不到
and your basketball buddy awarded you $25 million.
而你的球友却判给你们2500百万
I was cleared by a grand jury. No.
大陪审团已还我清白,不,
You weren't indicted by a grand jury.
大陪审团是决定不起诉你
You gamed the system; I know you Will.
你玩弄司法制度,我了解你,威尔
You can't do that with me. Or with me.
你对我来这套没用,对我也是,
That's right. We're the dream team.
没错,我们是梦幻组合
Jackie?
杰姬
Mr. Gold?
戈德先生
Hi.
你好
Peter said you were here.
彼得说你进医院了
Shouldn't you be in synague?
你不是应该在犹太会堂吗
Uh... no.
不是
How are you feeling?
你感觉怎么样
Better. Good.
好多了,那就好,
Then I won't feel bad about saying this.
那我说这话就不内疚了
Your son is going to lose.
你儿子要输了
Without Alicia he will lose the governorship.
没有艾丽西娅,他会输掉州长竞选
Uh II don't know...
我不知道
She was on our sideJackie.
她是我们这边的人,杰姬
Alicia was offering to help Peter then you got involved.
艾丽西娅本来在帮助彼得,结果被你搅和了
How did I get involved?
我怎么搅和了
This friggin' house!
就那要命的房子
My God I've never heard
天,我这辈子
so much real estate talk in all my life.
都没听人扯过那么多房地产的事
If their separation goes wide everything collapses.
如果他们分居的事传了出去,就什么都毁了
Eli what do you want?
伊莱,你想怎么样
I want you to apologize to her.
我要你向她道歉
Your son will not win without Alicia
没有艾丽西娅的帮助你儿子赢不了
and I will not manage this campain without her.
没有她这次竞选我也应付不来
So say "I'm sorry" even if you don't believe it.
去说对不起,哪怕你违心的
I dreamt I died.
我曾梦到自己死了
Everybody just did what they always did.
人们还是像往常一样
They didn't care.
他们都不在乎
Um do you want me to get you a nurse or some.
要我帮你叫个护士什么的吗
Are you religious?
你信教吗
Am I um... I...
我吗,我
I thought Jews believed in God.
我以为犹太人都信上帝
Yes we all do; Every one of us.
是的,我们都信上帝,每个人都信
I don't want to die.
我不想死
I'll get you a nurse.
我帮你叫护士
I don't want to die.
我不想死
It's a scare tactic.
这是恐慌战术
Look at Ketter Sum Holdings.
看看柯特股份
They sued the lawyers bringing class actions
他们为了吓跑那些针对他们的人工膝盖
against their artificial knees in order to scare them off.
提起集团诉讼的律师,就起诉他们
There might be more.
可能不止如此
I think Patti is using this suit to factfind.
我认为帕蒂是利用这次诉讼进行调查
For an appeal? Yes.
为了上诉吗,是的,
Look who they're deposing.
你看他们都找谁来取证
Kalinda me.
凯琳达,我
Patti doesn't have enough
帕蒂的上诉理由不足
so she's using this suit t
所以她想利用这次诉讼
o find out if we did anything wrong.
调查我们是否有不当行为
I wish I could agree but if the law taught me anything
我不能同意,如果说法律教会了我什么
it's that never ever trust a man with a limp.
那就是绝不能轻信一个瘸子
Look if they want to find out more about our tactics
如果他们想进一步打探我们的战术
we turn it back on them.
我们就以其人之道还治其人之身
Right every time they ask a question ask for more detail.
没错,对他们提的每个问题都要求说明细节
What did you mean by that? Can you explain?
你这是指什么,能解释一下吗
Good. Anything else?
好的,还有别的意见吗
Sorry. Okay
对不起,好,
I will sit in with Will; who do we have for Kalinda?
我做威尔的律师,谁来代理凯琳达
Most of our litigators were in on this.
我们的大部分诉讼律师都参与了这件案子
So they're all subject to being called.
所以他们都有可能被传唤
All but one.
有一个例外
Miss Sharma have you ever misrepresented your occupation
夏尔马小姐,你是否曾为了访问一位证人
in order to interview a witness?
而采取过不当行为
Could you be me specific?
你能说得更明确些吗
Sure.
当然
Have you ever misrepresented your occupation
你是否曾为了访问一位证人
in order to interview a witness
而采取过不当行为
as you did with my wife
就像你对我妻子所做的那样
to get into my house?
进我们家那样
Objection what does that have to do with the Veriscene case?
反对,这跟维洛欣案有什么关系
Well Miss Sharma claims
夏尔马小姐声称
she's never broken the law in pursuit of a case.
她从未因为查案违背法律
I have firsthand knowledge of such lawbreaking.
我这边有她违法的第一手资料
So Miss Sharma can you please answer the question?
夏尔马小姐,请回答问题好吗
Could you repeat the question?
能重复一下你的问题吗
Sure. Were you Kalinda Sharma's direct supervisor?
你是凯琳达·夏尔马的直接上级吗
We don't have direct supervisors here.
我们这没这么一说
Did you tell her to investigate on the Veriscene case?
你让她去调查维洛欣案了吗
In what way "Investigate"?
哪种调查
Okay Will.
行啊,威尔
I get it.
我明白了
We can do this all day.
咱们能这么耗上一天
You obfuscate
你装糊涂
I pull the judge out of court
我去找法官
he raps you on the knuckles for being unresponsive
让他来狠批你这不合作的态度
and all you've done is waste half a day.
你无非也就是浪费半天时间罢了
I take exception to your suggestion
我反对你说的
that we're wasting anything.
我们在浪费时间
But remember
不过要知道
I'm not the one with a balloon payment due on his office.
某些人的办公楼的期末付款可要到期了
Was that the elephant in the room?
这不是显而易见的么
Hello.
你好
You were gonna get back to me.
不是说要打给我的吗
I... Who is this?
你是哪位
F&E Construction.
F&E建设
You wanted me to reissue check.
你想让我重新签发一张支票
Yes I did. I said I'd get back to you though.
是,没错,但我是说给你打过来
I know but you didn't.
但你没打过来
So I decided to call you.
所以我决定打给你
Okay um let me get all my ducks in a row sir
这样,让我把事情理一理,先生
and I'll get back to you.
我再打给你
Sir?
先生
No you won't.
不,你不会的
Excuse me?
什么
You won't call me back.
你不会打给我的
You have no intention of calling me back.
你根本没打算打给我
I said I would and so I...
我说了会的
Actually um
事实上
I think we're done here.
我看我们没啥好说的了
No we're not.
不,还没完呢
Could you be more specific?
你能更具体一点吗
Did you introduce judges
在你的周三篮球夜
to bookies at your Wednesday night basketball...
你有介绍法官和庄家认识吗
Objection relevance.
反对,没有关系
Isn't Judge Wynter relevant?
温特法官难道和本案无关吗
The man who awarded you $25 million?
判了你们2500万美元的法官
Isn't he one of the judges you introduce to bookies?
他不正是你介绍给庄家的法官之一吗
Objection. And weren't you confronted
反对,大陪审团不是,
about this at the grand jury?
也问过你这些问题吗
Excuse me Ms. Nyholm
等等,尼霍姆小姐
you have reference proceedings
你刚才引用的程序
that resulted in a sealed transcript.
其文字记录应当是保密的
Yes but Mr. Gardner can answer
是的,但是加德纳先生对自己的证词
to his own testimony.
应该可以做出回答
This question requires your knowledge
你问这问题需要先对
of the grand jury investigation.
大陪审团调查有所了解
No it merely requires Mr. Gardner's knowledge
不,只要加德纳先生对大陪审团
of the grand jury investigation.
调查有了解就行了
All right we're taking this to the judge.
行了,我们去找法官吧
Okay okay okay.
行了,听我说
You are all new to me
我对你们都不熟悉
so my apologies if I need to be reminded of your names
所以可能需要你们自报一下名字
but Ms. Lockhart. You are arguing
这位,洛克哈特,小姐,你辩称,
the only way these questions could be asked
唯一能问出这些问题的方式
is if they were taken from sealed transcripts?
是从保密的记录中获取了资料
Yes Your Honor
是的,法官阁下
someone is leaking them grand jury testimony
有人泄露了大陪审团的证词
and we would argue this line of questioning
我们认为不应当许可
should be stricken.
这种询问方式
If I may interject Your Honor
冒昧打断一下,法官阁下
we're merely asking questions
我们只是基于所知
based on our own knowledge.
正常问问题
And if you can allow me an explanation
我还想解释一下
the movements that you see
我这些小动作
uh these random movements
这些无意的动作
they're the consequence of a neurological disorder
是一种神经障碍导致的
I suffer from called tardive dyskinesia.
叫迟发性运动障碍
And I just didn't want you to misinterpret any of movements.
我不想您对这个有所误解
Okay I won't.
好,我不会的
I've had this condition since childhood.
小时候我就有这个障碍了
Are you going somewhere with this Mr. Canning?
坎宁先生,你说这些想表达什么吗
No I just wanted to explain. Okay thanks.
不是,我就是解释一下,谢谢,
I will allow these questions to proceed.
我允许继续询问这些问题
Your Honor.
法官阁下
But if you produce evidence these questions are based
但是你们要是能证明这些问题
on sealed grand jury evidence
是基于保密的大陪审团证据提出
I will exclude all such testimony from this suit.
我会在本诉中排除此种证词
We need to get Kalinda to follow Patti and find out
我们得让凯琳达跟着帕蒂,找出
who's leaking this grand jury testimony. No.
泄露大陪审团证词的人,不行,
We need to talk settlement.
我们得和解
Will we're vulnerable.
威尔,我们现在很脆弱
No we're not.
没那回事
There's nothing there.
没什么实质证据
But what is there doesn't look good.
但是已有的证据很不利
You played basketball with him
你确实和他打篮球了
you introduced him to a bookie and he awarded us
你介绍他和庄家认识,他判给我们
seven million above our ask.
比我们提出的还多七百万
Here's what I suggest.
我的建议是
We offer to drop the Veriscene class action.
放弃对维洛欣的集体诉讼
It's what they want anyway.
反正这正是他们想要的
Damn it. I know but it's the smart move.
该死,我明白,但这是明智之举,
We need get this behind us.
我们要结束此案
This balloon payment our clients...
最后那笔付款,我们的客户
Patric Edelstein is making noise.
帕特里克·艾德斯坦颇有怨言
I mean he's 20% of our quarter.
他占了本季收入的20%
Everything's falling apart as we fight this.
打这个官司让我们捉襟见肘
Uh do you want me...
需要我回避吗
No it's all right we've just been...
不用,没事,只是这一整年...
riding close to the edge this whole year.
我们的形势一直很严峻
It's not for anyone to know.
不需要让其他人知道
I understand.
我明白
Okay.
好的
Let's make this go away.
尽快了结此案
They brought out the buffet.
这么丰盛的招待
This must be serious.
肯定很重要
You drop the lawsuit
你们放弃上诉
and we drop the Veriscene class action.
我们就放弃维洛欣集体诉讼案
That's our offer; take it or leave it.
这是我们的底线,接不接受随你们
Fruit? Please.
要水果吗,谢谢,
No. But thank you.
不接受,不过谢了
Don't you want to take back to your client? No.
不用问问你们当事人吗,不用,
We're not caving on the appeal. We know.
我们可不会束手就擒,我们知道,
You have no case. Not without some grand jury leak.
你们无案可立,除非用大陪审团泄漏的信息
You don't understand.
你们不明白
This isn't about a case.
这不是为了某个案子
Youyou want to tell them?
你来告诉他们
No no.
不,不了
You're much better at the nasty stuff.
打击人的事还是你更拿手
We're not here to settle.
我们可不是来和解的
We're here to destroy you.
而是来打垮你们
Our clients are tired of being sued by you.
我们当事人受够了被你们起诉的日子
Four class actions in two years?
两年内四起集体诉讼
They've taken it personally.
他们被惹怒了
Look at you. Hi booboo.
瞧瞧你,小嘟嘟
They've set aside a large sum of money to put you out of business.
他们设了一大笔悬赏,让你们破产走人
That's why we're here to make an example of you.
所以我们过来给你们个下马威
You've seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
都看过《虎豹小霸王》吧
We're the Superposse.
我们就是超级追捕队
So thank you for the offer
谢谢你们给出的条件
but no.
不过不接受
We're getting paid a lot of money to make you go bankrupt.
有人付我们大把钞票来让你们破产
Thank you for the fruit though.
但谢谢提供美味的水果
Hi. That's pretty.
画得真好看
Well Kalinda funny seeing you here.
凯琳达,真意外在这看到你
Yeah almost as funny as seeing you here
看见你在这里也一样意外
with Ms. Nyholm leaking grand jury testimony.
把大陪审团案中的证词透露给尼霍姆小姐
Mr. Wiley is legally sharing
怀利先生是合法地告诉我
his own testimony before the grand jury.
大陪审团开始前,他自己的证词
Really? Yeah the state's attorney
真的吗,当然,州检察官,
wasn't interested in pursuing the case against Will Gardner.
对威尔·加德纳的案子不想再深究
Ms. Nyholm is.
尼霍姆小姐有此意向
And our kids love playing together.
而我们的孩子非常玩得来
So it's all perfectly legal.
一切都完全合法
Hi.
你们好
Cary we're having some trouble with Andrew Wiley
凯里,我们碰到了安德鲁·怀利的问题
an investigator from the state's attorney's office.
他是州检察官办公室的调查员
Yes I know.
是的,我知道
He's the one working with Nyholm and Canning.
就是他在帮尼霍姆和坎宁
I doubt that.
这我不相信
Wiley doesn't break the rules.
怀利不会违反规定
Unless he's using his own testimony.
除非他是在用他自己的证词
Yep. So we need something from you.
是的,我们需要你的帮助
Well you know that I can't share what I know about the grand jury
你知道我不能透露大陪审团的事
because that would be unethical.
那是违背职业道德的
Yes but you can use your knowledge in another way.
是,但你可以用另一种方式来帮我们
Thank you for coming.
谢谢你过来
It means so much to me.
对我来说意义很大
I didn't come here to visit Jackie.
我不是来看你的,杰姬
I came to recommend that you retain a lawyer.
我来是建议你找个律师
You... Why?
你...为什么
You took money from my children's trust
你从孩子们的信托基金里拿钱
so that you could outbid me
这样在房屋拍卖中
on my family home.
你就能出价高过我
I intend to sue you.
我准备起诉你
I'm sorry Alicia.
对不起,艾丽西娅
This family's been through so much and I...
这个家经受了如此多的波折,而我...
I thought I knew best.
我以为我做得对
I'm so sorry.
我非常抱歉
Jackie please.
杰姬,拜托
What do you want?
你想要什么
I want you to accept my apology.
我希望你接受我的道歉
No you don't. I want to make things right.
不,你没有,我想让事情恢复原样,
It'll be good for Zach and Grace and... and Peter.
那样对扎克和格蕾丝还有...彼得都好
You want Peter to win.
你想让彼得赢得竞选
That's what you want.
这才是你想要的
Eli was here wasn't he?
伊莱来过,不是吗
III don't know.
我...我不知道
I...
我...
He...
他...
He can't do it without you.
没有你,他无法成功
Here's what I want Jackie.
杰姬,我的条件是
You sign the house over to the kids
你把房子给孩子们
you put it in their names I won't sue.
转到他们名下,我就不起诉
You want me to accept your apology show me you mean it.
你想让我接受你的道歉,就拿出诚意
Sign the house over to the kids.
把房子转到孩子们名下
Excuse me.
不好意思
Watch your toes.
小心脚边
Everyone please indoor voices.
各位,请放低声量
Your Honor like you
法官阁下,和你一样
I look at life a little differently
我对生活的看法也有点独特
with a little more caution
较为小心翼翼
a little more quiet. Why like me?
较为平静,为什么和我一样,
I'm sorry I...
对不起,我
You said "Like me." What do you mean?
你说"和我一样"什么意思
What we mean Your Honor
法官阁下,我们指的是
is that the defense's motion is a desperate ploy
辩方提出的动议是为了逃避责任
to avoid responsibility.
而做出的最后挣扎
Mr. Canning asked Ms. Sharma one question
坎宁先生问了夏尔马小姐一个问题
that couldn't have been in Mr. Wiley's grand jury testimony
其内容不可能在怀利先生的大陪审团证词中
Your Honor.
法官阁下
The $2000 in cash Mr. Gardner gave to a judge
加德纳先生给法官的两千块
money that was supposedly for UNICEF.
据称是捐给联合国儿童基金会
Was for UNICEF.
的确是捐款
This was evidence that Mr.Wiley
这个证据是怀利先生
personally witnessed Your Honor.
亲自目睹的,法官阁下
Yes but the question isn't whether he personally witnessed it or not.
是的,但问题不在于是不是他亲眼目睹
Andrew did you testify to it or did you witness it?
安德鲁,那是你的证词还是你目睹的事实
Wait a minute you can't talk to our client.
慢着,你不能跟我们的客户交谈
Andrew which one did you do?
安德鲁,你做的是哪一种
Oh my God. Andrew no stop right there!
天哪,安德鲁,停,打住,
He's right I just witnessed it.
他说得没错,我只是目击者
Due to this admission Your Honor
鉴于此项供认,法官阁下
all the evidence regarding Mr. Gardner's
所有关于加德纳先生
bribing of a judge should be excluded.
贿赂法官的证据都应该被排除
Your Honor I'd like to add another name to our witness list:
法官阁下,我想增加一个证人
Alicia Florrick.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克
I have to witness prep you.
我必须给你进行证人预演
They're coming after you
他们的目标是你
trying to get to Will bribing judges another way.
打算另辟蹊径,来攻击威尔贿赂法官的事
I know.
我知道
F&E Construction.
F&E建设
What is it?
那是什么
Why?
为什么这样问
I found a check in your file from Canada.
我在你的加拿大资料中找到了一张支票
An uncashed check from 2007.
一张从2007年至今仍未兑现的支票
Yeah. Thatthat shouldn't be there.
它,它不应该出现在那里
That should be in my personal file.
它应该在我的私人档案里
It's for $21000.
金额有两万一千
That would go a long way to pay your tax bill.
这对交清你的罚款很有帮助
I know. Do you have the check?
我知道,你手上还拿着支票吗
Thanks.
谢谢
It'sit's complicated.
这,这事很复杂
I called the number on it.
我打了公司的电话
As part of your tax work
这涉及到了你的税务案
I called employers for updated checks.
我打给他们,让他们重开支票
When?
什么时候
When did I call? Tuesday.
什么时候打的电话吗,周二
Did you speak to anyone?
你跟谁说话了吗
Yes.
是的
Who?
谁,
I don't know.
我不知道
He wouldn't give me his name.
他不肯告诉我他的名字
He asked for the number on your check.
他问我要支票上的号码
Did you give it?
你有没有给他
No.
没有
Thanks.
谢谢
He called me back.
他之后又给我来电
What's going on Kalinda?
发生什么事,凯琳达
It's just something from an old thing.
只是些旧事
"An old thing"?
旧事,
Is it Lemond Bishop?
与莱蒙德·毕夏普有关吗
No. I'm gonna go and take care of it.
无关,我会去把事情处理好的
Kalinda.
凯琳达
Yeah?
怎么了
Nothing.
没事
I'll be back.
我会回来的
I'mI'm gonna go take care of it.
我,我会处理好这事
That might be too big for you.
这个对你来说有点巨型了
I've got some lighter ones around the corner.
拐角处有小一点的
No this one's fine.
不用,这个刚好
You sure?
你确定吗
You need anything else let me know.
如果你有其他需要,只管告诉我
And it's not just the sink the shower too.
不仅仅是水槽,浴室也出了问题
Okay I'll call down but we're probably on our own.
好的,我会告诉房东,但可能没人管
They go out of their way not to fix things
公寓分户出售时,他们才不会来修
when they are converting the condos so it forces you to buy.
变相的逼我们买下这间公寓
Are you gonna?
你会吗
Buy?
买下它吗
I don't know.
我不清楚
I like it here but maybe there's better.
我喜欢这里,不过可能有更好的
Dad wants you to buy the house.
爸爸想你买下那间房子
He... He told you
他,他跟你说了,
he wanted to sell it didn't he?
他想卖了它,不是吗
Would you?
你会吗
Buy the house? No.
买房子吗,不会
Why not? You were going to.
为什么不,你之前不是想买吗
I know but everything's up in the air right now.
我知道,只是现在一切都悬而未定
You got a raise.
你获得加薪了
Yes. But sometimes getting a raise means
没错,但有时加薪意味着你的雇佣成本
that you cost more;
更高了
so when they're looking to downsize
当他们想裁员的时候
it's easier to fire you than someone cheaper.
找高工资的人下手是最容易的
And they're looking to downsize?
他们打算裁员吗
No but we're just going through a bad spell.
不是,可公司最近正在困难期
You should move in.
你该搬过来
We should all live in one house.
我们应该住在一起
What?
怎么了
Not like you guys are married.
不是说你们非得像夫妻那样
Like a commune.
而是舍友
I've kind of grown to like you.
我觉得越来越像你了
Yeah? Not Zach?
是吗,不是像扎克?
No not Zach.
不,不像扎克
He's getting too big.
他越长越壮了
You shouldn't answer it.
别去接
It's probay work.
估计就是工作上的事
They can't fire you if they can't find you.
他们找不到你就不能开除你了
Very funny.
很搞笑
Hello?
你好
Alicia Florrick?
艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Is it work?
是工作吗
No. Wrong number.
不是,拨错号了
This is Kalinda. Please leave a message.
我是凯琳达,请留言
You ready for this?
你准备好了吗
I hope so.
希望如此
Don't worry it'll all be about me.
不用担心,他们矛头是我
Just tell the truth.
实话实说就行了
Have you seen Kalinda?
你看见凯琳达了吗
No why?
没,怎么了
She's not in today.
今天没看见她
She's probably just late.
她可能只是迟到了
You were second chair
你在维洛欣案时
on the Veriscene case right Mrs. Florrick?
是次席律师,是吗,福瑞克太太
Yes. Did you have ex parte communication
是的,你在庭审期间是否曾和温特法官,
with Judge Wynter during the trial?
有过片面交流
No. And you have no personal relationship with Judge Wynter?
没有,而你跟温特法官也没有私交,
That's correct.
是的
But someone you know does?
但是你认识的某人有过
You mean Will?
你是指威尔
No.
不是
I mean your husband.
我是指你丈夫
Peter Florrick.
彼得·福瑞克
II have no idea.
我不知道
You have no idea whether your husband
你不知道你的老公
has a pernal relationship with Judge Wynter?
跟温特法官是否有私交吗
I mean I know that he knows him
我是说,我知道他认识法官
but I don't know the extent of their relationship.
但我不清楚他们交情有多深
Did you know that your husband
那你是否知道你老公
met with Judge Wynter three times
在维洛欣案裁决前一周
in the week leading up to the Veriscene verdict?
和温特法官见过三次面
No. Really?
不知道,真的,
On the eve of Judge Wynter's decision
就在温特法官决定
to award you $25 million
判给你们2500万美元前
your husband met with him three times
你丈夫和他见过三次面
and you had no idea? That's correct.
而你完全不知情,是的,
Are we working off the assumption they did in fact meet?
我们能否不应主观假设他们见面了
How do we know this?
我们如何确定
Because we're going to subpoena Peter Florrick.
因为我方要求传唤彼得·福瑞克作证
You're going to subpoena the state's attorney? We already have.
你们要传唤州检察官吗,已经传了,
Hold the door please.
等一下,谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢
No problem. 28th?
没事,28楼
Yeah.
是的
So you seeing Alicia?
你是来看艾丽西娅吗
Am I seeing Alicia?
我是来看艾丽西娅吗
No actually I'm being deposed.
事实上不,我是来作证的
Oh. Really?
哦,真的
Although it occurred to me
不过我也发现
I've never seen where Alicia works.
我没来看过艾丽西娅工作的地方
Does she know you're coming?
她知道你来吗
Not that it matters either way.
不是说这有什么要紧
I don't know.
我不知道
So you must be looking forward to getting back to the law?
你应该很期待重返法律界吧
I am.
是的
I think convicts call it "Short time."
我想罪犯们管这叫做"短休"
Really?
真的
I never did.
我从没这么想
Well hi.
嗨,
Hi.
嗨,
Look who I found.
瞧瞧我碰见谁了
Yes. Welcome.
是啊,欢迎
I thought I would come and meet you.
我还想过去找你
Which one?
谁,
You Peter.
你,彼得
Thought you might want to see my office.
我想你可能会想看看我的办公室
Hello Eli.
你好,伊莱
I...
我...
Hi.
嗨,
Hllo everyone.
各位好
Hi. I was just showing Peter my office.
我正要带彼得去看我的办公室
He's here for a deposition.
他是来作证的
Really?
真的
Great.
太好了
Cary.
凯里
Hey Cary. Hello.
凯里,你好,
Mr. Florrick. How you doing?
福瑞克先生,你好吗
Hey how you guys doing? So how's it going here?
各位好,在这里感觉如何,
At LockhartGardner? It's good.
洛克哈特&加德纳律所吗,这很好
I mean I loved the state's attorney's office
我喜欢州检办公室
but there's lot of smart people here too.
但这里也有很多值得学习的人
One of our new associates.
我们一个新律师的孩子
Hey Kalinda.
凯琳达
It's a surprise party for you.
惊喜派对
I'm impressed.
很让我惊讶
What you have done in three years is amazing.
你这三年来取得的成绩非常惊人
Thank you.
谢谢
Okay.
好了
I guess I should go meet my executioners.
我得去见那些刽子手了
Oh Peter you didn't have to do this.
彼得,你不必这么做的
You could've blown it off.
你本可以置之不理的
It's a stupid nuisance suit.
这只是个愚蠢的连带案
I wanted to get out and stretch my legs.
我想出来走动一下,舒展身体
Hey. Come over tonight.
晚上过来吧
I'll have to work. Just to see the house.
我得工作,就过来看下房子,
Stay for five minutes tops. I wish I could.
就呆五分钟,我也希望可以,
Peter?
彼得
Have you checked in on Jackie lately?
你最近有去探望杰姬吗
Have I? Yeah. Why?
我有没,有的,怎么了
I'm worried
我很担心
She seems confused.
她有些糊涂了
She's getting older.
她老了
Congratulations.
恭喜你
You made it.
你做到了
You need money?
你急需钱吗
Just an advance on the work so far.
就当是工资预付款
Why?
为什么
Kalinda what's going on?
凯琳达,出什么事了
I have to go.
我必须离开
You have to... Why?
你必须...为什么
I thought you were liking it here.
我还以为你喜欢这呢
I am liking it here.
我是喜欢这
Okay then you would understand my confusion.
那我就不懂了
Look...
听我说...
we're in a bit of trouble.
我们现在遇到了一些问题
We're short on receivables.
应收款项无法及时收到
Patric Edelstein is delaying his monthly
帕特里克·艾德斯坦推迟月付款的支付
and we have some longterm suits that haven't paid out yet.
而我们还有一些长期案的款项也未付清
I can get you some.
我可以帮你一些
Not everything.
但不多
Okay.
好吧
This is goodbye?
这就是告别了吗
Just a little bit.
算是吧
You're gonna make me cry.
你会让我伤心的
I don't know.
我不知道
It feels like things are falling apart.
觉得人和事都分崩离析了
You'll build them up again that's what you do.
你会重建往日辉煌的,你做得到
And you met with Judge Wynter three times
在上周四最终裁定之前
before this last Thursday the day of the verdict?
你和温特法官见了三次面
Yes.
是的
Is that a lot for you?
不觉得太多了吗
Yeah.
是的
In fact before these three meetings
事实上,在这三次见面之前
you had only met him once...
你只见过他一次
in 2008
那还是在2008年
at a judges' lunch
一次法官午餐聚会上
with 12 other judges.
当时还有其他十二名法官
Yeah that sounds about right.
是的,听起来是这样的
So why'd you meet with him?
你为什么要见他呢
Those three times?
那三次吗
I like him.
我喜欢他
Did the subject of your wife's lawsuit
你们在会面时
come up at these meetings?
有谈及你妻子经手的案子吗
No. Really?
没有,真的吗,
At the same time you were meeting with this judge
你与这位法官见面时
your wife had a suit in front of him
你妻子的案子正好是他审理
and the subject never came up?
你们从来没有谈及吗
That's correct. This grand jury investigation
是这样的,威尔嫌疑贿赂法官,
into Will Gardner's supposed bribing of three judges
大陪审团对此进行调查
including Judge Wynter... Objection.
其中就有温特法官,反对,
We are not refering to the content of that investigation
我们没有涉及调查的内容
just to Mr. Florrick's supervision of it.
只是询问福瑞克先生当时的负责情况
But just to correct you
纠正一下
Ms. ScottCar had supervision over it.
是斯科特卡尔负责的
Yes until you removed her.
是的,后来你把她调走了
I removed her because the grand jury had concluded.
把撤掉她,是因为大陪审团结案了
But the state's attorney can bring charges again?
但是州检察官可以重新起诉
He can. I chose not to.
是的,但我选择不这么做
You also chose not to bring charges against the three judges
你也没对陷在贿赂案中的法官
involved in this bribery scheme.
提起诉讼
The supposed bribery scheme? Yes.
是假定的贿赂案件吧,是的
Why not? I didn't want to.
为什么不,我不想,
I thought Ms. ScottCarr had gone beyond her directive.
斯科特卡尔女士的作为超出了职责范围
So when you met with Judge Wynter...
那么当你见温特法官时
he owed you?
他欠你的情
Did you not want to answer?
你不想回答了吗
Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know that was a question.
不好意思,我不知道那是一个问题
Didn't you ask Judge Wynter to decide
你让温特法官
this verdict for your wife as a quid pro quo
做出利于你妻子案件的裁决
for dropping his investigation? No.
作为放弃调查他的条件吗,没有,
But isn't that a fair conclusion?
但这个推论很合理
No. And how is that?
不,为什么,
Because my wife and I are separated.
因为我和妻子分居了
Then I...
那么我
That is news to me.
我第一次听说这件事
Then what other reason could there be for these meetings?
那你见他的原因是什么
His support for my campaign.
赢取他对我竞选的支持
So I guess you could accuse me
我猜你们可以控告我
of being corrupt for myself
为了自己而收买行贿
but not for my wife.
但不是为了我妻子
How's it going?
你怎么样
Good. You?
挺好,你呢
Good.
也很好
I have to head out. I just wanted to say good night.
我得出去一下,就是过来道个晚安
That man who called me
那个打电话给我的男人
F&E Constructionon
F&E建设那个
he called me at home
他把电话打到我家了
and he said my name.
而且还知道我的名字
He said your name? Yes.
他知道你的名字,是的,
Did you give your name?
你告诉过他你的名字吗
No.
没有
Kalinda who is this man?
凯琳达,这人是谁
We said we would be up front with each other.
我们说过要彼此坦白的
I know.
我知道
Is this man dangerous?
这人危险吗
Yeah.
危险
Well who is he?
那他是谁
He's my husband.
他是我丈夫
Come on. You don't have anything.
得了吧,你们手上什么牌也没有
The state's attorney just told you
州检察官刚告诉过你们
there's no way he could have done this for his wife
他不可能为他妻子去找法官说情
because they're separated.
因为他们分居了
And he's done this with some considerable expense
而他这么做,会给自己的政治事业
to his own political career...
造成不小的伤害
because it's now in the record that they've separated.
因为他们分居的事实已被记录在案
So what do you have?
所以你们还有什么料
A passion to see this through.
坚持到底的激情
We take back our offer to drop the class action.
撤销集团诉讼的条件我们收回
You lost. Face it.
你们输了,承认吧
They're right.
他们说的没错
We lost.
我们输了
We should probably just head out. You think?
我们还是走吧,你觉得呢
Here's the thing though.
但问题是
We were the distraction.
我们是声东击西
You were the distraction? What does that mean?
声东击西,什么意思
Have you checked on your top client Patric Edelstein?
联系过你们的第一大客户艾德斯坦吗
He's no longer your top client.
他不再是你们的第一大客户了
He's ours.
他是我们的了
We just got the text.
我们刚收到短信
He's been unhappy with Will's suspension
他对威尔的暂停执业
and with your distraction with this lawsuit.
和在这次诉讼上的分心很不高兴
Sleight of hand. You were watching the right
变戏法,你在看右边
you should've been watching the left.
其实你应该看左边
Mommy! That's right we're done here.
妈妈,好的,我们忙完了,
Mommy's coming home.
妈妈要回家了
After you.
你先请
No no after you.
不不,你先请
Please.
请吧
Mommy! Hello!
妈妈,乖乖,
Let's go. Come on.
走了,来吧
Oops.
糟糕
And it's too late to call him.
现在打电话给他太晚了
They planned on that too.
这点也被他们算计到了
So tomorrow?
那明天吗
Tomorrow.
明天
How you doing?
你怎么样
Me? I'm uh...
我吗,我...
Okay.
还行
You?
你呢
Same.
我也是
That was weird.
感觉很奇怪
With Peter today?
是说今天和彼得一起吗
Yes it was.
是的
Do you think it was a mistake?
你觉得我们犯了个错吗
No.
不,
Good night Alicia.
晚安,艾丽西娅
Good night Will.
晚安,威尔
Mom my doorknob's still broken.
妈,我的门拉手还是坏的
How about some wine?
喝杯酒怎么样
No I have to get back.
不了,我得回去了
They didn't change much.
他们没怎么改动
The house? Yeah.
这房子吗,是的
They tried to flip it
他们急着脱手
but they didn't put any work into it so nobody wanted it.
但没怎么修缮所以没人要
Thanks for today.
今天谢谢了
I think you stopped the suit.
是你避免了这次诉讼
I guess I just told the truth.
我实话实说罢了
That's bigger than you think.
但对我来说,意义重大
Dad the pizza's ready.
爸,匹萨好了
Okay.
好的
Pizza? No I have to get up early for work tomorrow.
吃匹萨吗,不了,明天还要早起上班,
Things are in flux.
事情一团乱
When aren't things in flux?
谁说不是呢
Hey come say goodbye to your mom.
过来跟妈妈说再见
She's leaving.
她要走了
I love you both. I'll see you in a few days.
我爱你们,过几天再见
Stay Mom.
留下吧,妈
No one will think it means anything.
没人会觉得有特别的含义
Just...
就是
have some pizza.
吃点匹萨
Then you can go.
吃了再走
You're getting big.
你长大了
I love you.
我爱你
Love you too.
我也爱你