The evidence does not support the finding
这些证据无法证明
that my client is guilty of premeditated murder.
我当事人是预谋谋杀
Alicia? Alicia?
艾丽西娅,艾丽西娅
Alicia?
艾丽西娅
Your Honor the trial is over.
法官阁下,庭审已经结束
The jury has heard the evidence.
陪审团已聆讯所有证据
The arguments now are purely about
现在的争论点纯粹是关于
your jury instructions that's all...
您给陪审团的指示,这正是...
And that's what we're arguing Your Honor... Mr. Agos?
这正是我们要争辩的,法官阁下,艾格斯先生,
I know that interruption is a standard trope
我知道现代人对于打断别人说话
of today's modern discourse
早就习以为常
but do you happen to remember what I said about it?
但你还记得我是怎么说的吗
You said you didn't like it.
您说您不喜欢这种行为
Yes. If you did it again?
是的,如果你再犯呢
I was gonna have to go sit down. That's right.
我就要退下去,是的
Thank you Your Honor.
谢谢,法官阁下
The prosecution worries they failed to
控方担心此案无法
make their case for firstdegree murder.
建立一级谋杀的罪名
We sympathize.
我们表示同情
We don't think they made their case either.
我们也认为此案罪名并不成立
Our client is innocent.
我当事人是清白的
Officer Fisher didn't kill her husband.
费雪警官没有杀害她的丈夫
She didn't take her service revolver
她并没有用自己的配枪
and shoot him in the head.
射杀她丈夫头部
Yes I see your hand Counselor.
好的,我知道你有话要说,控方律师
Are you finished Ms. Lockhart?
你说完了吗,洛克哈特女士
Yes I am Your Honor.
说完了,法官阁下
The defense is forcing the jury
辩方这是强迫陪审团
into an allornothing deliberation
进行审议时,只有两种极端选择
firstdegree murder or not guilty.
一级谋杀,或无罪释放
You're the ones who fought the allornothing prosecution...
是你提出这种起诉...
Mr. Coyne.
科因先生
Thank you Your Honor.
谢谢,法官阁下
The evidence at trial is what should guide your decision.
您应以庭审中的证据为判定依据
The jury heard evidence
呈给陪审团的证据
from which they could reasonably conclude that the elements
可以让他们合理地判断出
of seconddegree murder have not been met...
二级谋杀的因素并未...
Ms. Venegas. Yes.
维妮嘉丝女士,你好
Yes I received your message ma'am.
我收到了你的来信,女士
I'm so sorry but we can't accommodate you.
我很抱歉,我们无法接收你的孩子
We limit enrollment to the beginning of the year.
我们只在年初招收新生
I understand. It's just...
我理解,只是...
I know occasionally you make exceptions.
我知道偶尔也会有例外
For legacy students yes.
对于特长生,是的
My children were students at your elementary school
在我丈夫跟我搬走前,我的孩子们
before my husband and I moved away.
曾就读于你们的小学
He's the new State's Attorney you know.
他是新任的州检察官
Oh Peter Florrick?
彼得·福瑞克啊
I wasn't making the connection.
我没有想到你的他妻子
Yes and he would be thrilled if we could work this out.
如果能解决这个问题,他肯定很高兴
Let's just meet to discuss.
让我们先见面谈谈吧
Certainly. But you understand I can't make any promises.
当然,但你要知道我没法做任何保证
Oh yes I understand. Does tomorrow at 10:00 work?
当然,我理解,明早十点可以吗
Great!
太好了
Thank you so much Ms. Venegas. I'll see you then.
非常感谢,维妮嘉丝女士,明天见
Peter hi.
彼得
I set up a meeting with the headmistress at Capstone.
我跟顶点中学的女校长约了次会面
Really? I thought they said no.
真的吗,他们不是拒绝了吗
They did but they're open to a meeting
是这样,但他们愿意见面谈谈
and it wouldn't hurt if you gave them a call.
你若能打个电话,只会好办事
She seemed... persuadable.
她听起来...有回旋余地
When is the meeting?
什么时候会面
it's tomorrow at 10:00 but you don't have to go.
明天上午十点,你不一定要去
I'll go. Okay.
我会去的,那好,
Tomorrow at 10:00.
那明天十点
And... I think she liked the State's Attorney thing so...
我觉得她挺看重州检察官的头衔...
I'll play it up. Okay?
我会装官腔的
All right bye.
好的,拜拜
What happened?
怎么了
The judge won't instruct on seconddegree murder.
法官不会给陪审团二级谋杀的指示
It's Judge Dunaway. You said he leaned toward the prosecution.
是达纳韦法官,你说他是倾向于控方的
He used to.
他以前如是此
Where's the jury on this?
陪审团的态度如何
I don't think we convinced them of first degree.
我认为我们没能说服他们这是一级谋杀
You agree? I think the jury likes her.
你同意吗,我认为陪审团喜欢她,
I don't think we made the sale on premeditation.
我觉得在有预谋这点上,我们说服力不够
So why didn't we? We had a witness that fell through.
为何不够,我们的一名证人表现很差,
And some of the motions... they just didn't go our way.
还有一些动议,都对我们不利
Make the deal.
达成认罪协议吧
They'll want manslaughter.
他们想要过失杀人
Manslaughter no. Second degree four years.
过失杀人不行,二级谋杀,四年
Where the hell are all the toughoncrime judges these days?
这年头那些会严惩罪犯的法官都哪去了
Mr. Gardner. One second.
加德纳先生,等一下,
I don't want things to be awkward.
我不希望我们之间变得尴尬
I so don't want things to be awkward.
我也绝不希望我们之间变得尴尬
Good. Then they won't be.
很好,那就不会尴尬
So that's it then isn't it?
就这样了,是吗
What?
什么
We just decide it and it's so?
我们刚做的决定,这就可以了吗
Yep. We're adults.
是的,我们都是成年人了
Alicia?
艾丽西娅
Looks like you're needed.
看起来你有事要做
Then I'll get back to work.
那我先去工作了
Thank you.
谢谢
You have no reason to thank me Alicia.
你完全不用谢我,艾丽西娅
No reason at all.
完全不用
I have these discovery documents
我这里有些文件
for you to go over...
要你过目
Well fought Cary.
想的很全面,加里
You've become quite the litigator.
你这个公诉人做得不错
Thank you Diane. We try to keep you guys honest.
谢谢夸奖,戴安,只是尽职尽责罢了
So we have an offer.
我们有个提议
We probably should hurry or the jury will be in soon.
那得快点,陪审团很快就要有判决了
Second degree four years.
二级谋杀,四年
Diane you still there?
戴安,你还在线吗
Yes I'm here.
是的,我在
We're just thinking it over.
我们只是在考虑
We'll take it to our client.
我们会通知我当事人
But she'll be much more inclined if you offer probation.
若能有缓刑,她会更倾向于接受
It's not going to be probation.
缓刑免谈
She killed her husband for the insurance money.
她为了保险金杀害了她的丈夫
He committed suicide. Come on he committed suicide
他是自杀,他用她的配枪,
with her service revolver...?!
来自杀吗
Too bad you couldn't shake the alibi.
很可惜你们无法推翻不在场证明
Okay let's not go over this again.
好了,不要再争了
We'll we'll take it to our client Cary.
我们会转达给我当事人,加里
That's all we can say. Okay do.
其他无法保证,那就去吧,
Just know you're not getting any better than this okay Diane?
只是要记着这是我们的底线,戴安
Bye.
回见
Yes! Yes!
太好了,太好了,
Oh! Oh well done!
做得好
They're offering seconddegree murder.
对方提出二级谋杀的协议
Four years.
四年
Four years?
四年
The statutory minimum.
这是法定最短年限
You'll be out in one.
你一年后就能出狱
It's good news Lauryn.
这是好消息,劳伦
They're worried about their case;
他们担心会无罪释放
that's why they're making an offer.
所以给了一个提议
So I should wait for a verdict?
那我不是应该等判决吗
I don't know. Juries are unpredictable.
我不知道,陪审员难以预料
You're not saying much.
你都没怎么说话
I don't have much to say.
我没有其他要说的
Well what should I do?
我该怎么办
A year in prison or roll the dice with a verdict?
入狱一年还是孤注一掷等判决
I think... that you need to make that decision Lauryn.
我认为...必须由你来做决定,劳伦
You can't defer to anyone else.
你不能让他人替你决定
You know what you did; you know what you didn't do.
你知道自己是否清白
You also know sometimes that doesn't matter.
你也知道有时真相并不重要
It comes down to two things: the skill of your lawyers
重要的有两件事,一是律师的水平
and the jury.
二是陪审团
You have good lawyers.
我们表现得很好
The trial went our way but the jury...
庭审对我们有利,但陪审团...
is an unknown.
是未知之谜
They're your peers.
他们与你是一样的人
And I've never understood my peers.
而我从来读不懂我的同类
I didn't do this.
我没有杀人
That's why I'm going to pass on this deal.
所以我不会接受这个协议
I can't spend another day in prison for something I didn't do.
我不要为自己没做的事,再在监狱呆一天
I'll roll the dice. Okay.
我决定搏一搏,好的,
Then we sit and wait for the jury.
那我们就等着陪审团的判决
Oh yeah I talked with that headmistress.
我跟那个女校长谈过了
She's a real piece of work.
她绝对有一套
So we'll split the cost.
学费我们平分
No I've got it.
不用,我能付
We're going to split the cost of private school Alicia.
我们一起付上私立的费用,艾丽西娅
That's nonnegotiable.
这点没得商量
Okay thanks.
好的,谢谢
Where are we at with Grace?
对格蕾丝,我们怎么办
No TV no computer except homework.
不许看电视,除了做作业不许玩电脑
No calls except to us.
除了给我们,不许打电话
And no calling Jimmy Patrick.
不许联系吉米·帕特里克
That's that Christian kid she was with?
那个跟她在一起的基督教徒吗
Yeah. I'm gonna talk to him.
是的,我会去找他谈谈
Oh no no no I'll talk to him.
不,不用,我去吧
No I will.
不了,我去
I'm just bringing my computer for my homework.
我带电脑过去是为了做作业
Dad is keeping track.
你爸会盯着你的
Yeah and Dad's a lot meaner than Mom.
没错,老爸可比老妈严多了
Dad do I get to drive?
爸爸,可以让我开车吗
Call me on your way to school tomorrow.
明天上学路上给我打个电话
Okay. Love you.
好,爱你,
Love you. See ya.
爱你们,再见,
Joan of Arc as only cable can tell it.
圣女贞德,有线电视台独家播出
If only the Armagnacs and the Burgundians
如果阿马尼亚克派和勃艮第派
would unite under one leadership.
能在一人领导下统一就好了
Does Monsieur want me to wash between the legs?
先生,请问双腿之间您是否要洗
Oui.
是的(法语)
But then there's Burgundy
然而在勃艮第
and this insufferable peace treat...
这样的款待令人盛情难却...
Hi it's me.
你好,是我
I know I shouldn't have called...
我知道我不该打来的...
Are you sure? It's not too late?
你确定吗,还不算太晚吗
Hey sis.
好啊,老姐
You're lonely. That's the problem.
你寂寞了,这是症结所在
I'm lonely. I know I'm lonely.
我寂寞了,这我知道
So go call him.
那就给他打个电话
Who? Will.
给谁,威尔,
Owen you're not listening to me.
欧文,你都没在听我说
I have kids.
我有孩子
You don't have kids. They're with Peter.
你没有孩子,他们在彼得那里
What?
怎么了
Do you suddenly become a nonsexual person
就因为有孩子,你就突然
just because you have kids?
变成一个禁欲者吗
No. I am a parent.
不,我是个母亲
And I have to stop being irresponsible.
我不能再不负责任了
How are you being irresponsible?
你怎么不负责任了
I'm married.
我已经结婚了
Then get divorced.
那就离婚啊
You're not Catholic.
你又不是天主教徒
Nobody's gonna send you to hell.
没有人会把你送入地狱的
Are you in love with Will?
你爱威尔吗
No I don't think I am.
不,我觉得不爱
Seriously?
真的吗
Seriously.
真的
I think I was in love with "It."
我觉得我是爱"它"
You know the attention.
就是那种吸引力
The... Raw animalistic sex?
那种,原始,肉欲的性爱吗,
Yeah.
是的
But... I didn't like the lying.
但...我不喜欢撒谎
And I... and I don't like... I mean he's my boss.
我不喜欢,我是说,他是我老板
Then quit.
那就放弃吧
I don't mean quit working.
我不是说放弃事业
I mean quit that job. Get another one.
我是说,辞了那份工作,再找一份
It's too complicated. I don't like complications.
太复杂了,我不喜欢复杂的事
I need friends.
我需要朋友
Then get friends. Youyou had good friends.
那就去找你朋友,你过去有很多好朋友
Yeah I did didn't I?
是的,过去有,不是吗
Where are they all?
那他们现在在哪里
Probably on Facebook.
八成在校内上
What about... try that tennis woman
那...那个打网球的女人如何
what was her name?
叫什么名字来着
It was like a governmental agency... FEMA?
名字像是个政府机构...费玛吗
FEMA
联邦应急管理局
Senna.
是塞娜
She was nice wasn't she?
她挺好的,不是吗
Oh this can't be good.
准没好事
Hello.
你好
Now?
现在吗
I'd like to thank the jury for their diligence
感谢陪审团尽职尽责
and insisting on staying past dinner.
晚餐后,仍坚持留在这里
I understand we have a verdict.
我想你们该有裁决了
We do Your Honor.
是的,法官阁下
Mr. Foreman you may read the verdict.
陪审长,由你来宣读裁决
We the jury find the defendant
陪审团,裁决被告
Lauryn Fisher guilty of murder in the first degree.
劳伦·费雪,一级谋杀罪名成立
No.
不,
Get Kalinda; she's on her way in.
去找凯琳达,她在来的路上
Kalinda it's guilty.
凯琳达,被判罪名成立了
Your Honor we ask...
法官阁下,我方请求...
Would you like me to poll the jury?
是否要陪审团成员的明确表态
Yes Your Honor.
是的,法官阁下
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury
陪审团的女士们,先生们
the defense would like to make certain
辩方律师想知道
that all members of the jury support this verdict
是否所有陪审团成员都同意这项裁决
so I will ask you one at a time for your individual verdicts.
所以我将挨个询问你们的个人判决结果
It isn't over Lauryn not by a long shot.
还没结束呢,劳伦,绝没有
Juror number one what is your verdict?
1号陪审员,你的裁决是什么
Guilty. Actually sir
有罪,实际上,先生,
you have to say "Guilty of murder in the first degree."
你得说,一级谋杀罪名成立
Sorry.
抱歉
Guilty of murder in the first degree.
一级谋杀罪名成立
Juror number two what is your verdict?
2号陪审员,你的裁决是什么
Guilty of murder in the first degree.
一级谋杀罪名成立
Juror number three what is your verdict?
3号陪审员,你的裁决是什么
Guilty of murder in the first degree.
一级谋杀罪名成立
Juror number four what is your verdict?
4号陪审员,你的裁决是什么
Guilty of murder in the first degree.
一级谋杀罪名成立
Juror number five what is your verdict?
5号陪审员,你的裁决是什么
I...
我...
Guilty of murder... in the first degree.
一级谋杀...罪名成立
Sorry. I'm so sorry.
抱歉,我很抱歉
Juror number six what is your verdict?
6号陪审员,你的裁决是什么
Guilty of murder in the first degree.
一级谋杀罪名成立
Juror number 12
12号陪审员
what is your verdict?
你的裁决是什么
Not guilty of...
罪名不成...
Guilty of murder in the first degree.
一级谋杀罪名成立
Well thank you jurors that ends your service.
感谢陪审员们的贡献
We will reconvene on Friday for sentencing.
我们将在周五重新开庭,宣判量刑
Good night.
晚安
The judge is not happy.
法官并不高兴
I know we may have an opening.
我知道,我们可能有希望
Lauryn this isn't over yet.
劳伦,这案子还没结束
We can try and get this overturned.
我们会尽力翻案的
Or a mistrial or a judgment notwithstanding the verdict.
也可能是审判无效,或是径为判决,(径为判决,法官因发现陪审团对待不公而推翻先前裁决)
I've never seen anything like it.
我从没见过这种情况
That verdict doesn't make sense.
这样裁决实在讲不通
Something happened in the jury room.
陪审团休息室里肯定有事发生了
I got to get moving. Right.
那我去调查,好,
We want a reversal something before sentencing on Friday.
我们得在周五宣判前扭回局势
We have a sympathetic judge.
好在有个同情我们的法官
All right let's find out what went wrong.
好了,让我们找出是哪里出了差错
Thanks Brad.
谢了,布拉德
It will be put to good use.
我会物尽其用的
Sorry to bother you.
很抱歉打扰你
You might recognize me from the defense.
你可能知道我是辩方律师
Yes.
是的
It really helps us evaluate our performance
若陪审员能告知,他们认为我们
to hear from the jurors
哪里做得好,哪里不好
what they think we did right and wrong
将切实帮助我们评估自己的表现
so if you don't mind talking...
所以,要是你不介意谈的话...
I don't think I'm supposed to.
我觉得我不该这么做
Oh no that's just during the trial.
没关系,只在审判过程中不能谈论
You have the right to say anything you want after the verdict.
在裁决之后,你有权说任何想说的话
This isn't over. What's now?
这事还没完,怎么了,
They're out talking to jurors.
他们在外面找陪审员谈话
They're going for a reversal.
他们想要翻案
Or judgment notwithstanding.
或是径为判决
It's just kind of late. I understand.
现在有点晚了,我知道,
Why don't I just take your number
那我能要你的电话号码吗
and I'll call you tomorrow?
然后明天打电话给你
Ten minutes tops.
10分钟就够了
You don't have to talk to her.
你不必和她谈的
He's well within his rights Cary.
他拥有自己的权利,凯里
I explained to him.
我和他解释过了
Yes but have you explained
我知道,但你有解释过
that he don't have to talk to you at all?
他根本就不必和你进行交谈吗
Just so you know sir defense attorneys will try
如你所知,先生,辩方律师想要
and contact you and question you in an attempt
联络进而询问你,以试图
to compromise your verdict.
推翻你所做的判决
I'm doing nothing wrong Cary.
我没做错什么,凯里
Here's my number if they do.
如果他们这么做了就给我打电话
You can bring them up on charges of harassment.
你可以控告他们骚扰
What are you doing there Kalinda?
你在那里做什么,凯琳达
How are you Dana?
你好啊,戴娜
I was just enjoying the night air.
我只是在享受夜晚的空气
It looked to me like you were taking pictures
可在我看来,你在拍
of the jurors' license plates.
陪审员的车牌
Really?
是吗
I thought I was taking notes
还以为我记下的东西
that are both legally obtainable
是法律允许的
and legally obtained.
我的途径也是合法的
I'm warning you now Kalinda.
我现在警告你,凯琳达
If any of those jurors call harassment on you
如果任何一个陪审员打来电话说你骚扰
I will personally toss you in jail.
我会亲自扔你进监狱的
I feel warned.
警告收到了
Thank you.
谢谢
Last on the voting all 12 guiltys
最后一轮投票,12张有罪
and my guess this would be dinner.
我猜,这该是晚餐
Here's a not guilty.
这里有张无罪
And another.
还有一张
Secondtolast round looks like we had
看来在倒数第二轮投票时
two holdouts.
我们有两票无罪
Ugh Chinese.
中国菜
Oh looks like we hit lunch.
看来是午饭
Not guilty
无罪
Not guilty.
无罪
Not guilty.
无罪
9 Not guilties in that round.
这一轮9个支持无罪,
We went from nine not guiltys to ten guiltys
仅仅一轮,就让九个无罪
in one round of voting?
变成了十个有罪
And that was just after lunch.
就在一顿午餐之后
What happened at lunch?
午餐时发生了什么事情
This is a livery horn button 1840s
十九世纪四十年代的角质制服纽扣
perfect backmark.
背纹完美
Oh it's beautiful.
很精美
Do you collect buttons?
你收藏纽扣吗
No but I sure can see the fascination for them.
没有,但我能看出它们的魅力所在
I guess I'm a bit obsessed.
我对它们有些痴迷
That's what everybody says
大家都这么说
I have my own button blog
我有专门关于纽扣的博客
Lisa's World of Buttons all one word.
丽萨的纽扣世界,都是关于纽扣的
You must blog a lot. Oh yeah
你一定经常更新博文吧,是的,
I'll go crazy if I don't blog twice a day
一天如果不更新两次,我会抓狂的
crazier than I already am now.
比现在的状况更疯狂
Do you mind if I just record this just for my own notes?
你介意我录音吗,只给自己用
Sure no problem but I don't see how I can help.
没问题,但我不觉得我能帮上忙
Well thank you you seemed
谢谢,你看起来
you seemed really upset
对裁决的结果
by the verdict.
并不肯定
Did you feel the pressure to vote with everyone else?
是迫于压力而做出和其他人相同的判决吗
Oh no
不是
no just don't like to get up in front of people.
我只是不喜欢在那么多人面前讲话
I get a little bit dramatic.
我会表现得很夸张
That must have looked awful.
看起来肯定很糟糕
I cry at the drop of a hat.
我很容易掉泪
So you you don't regret the verdict?
你对那个判决不后悔吗
Oh no no I didn't trust that lady.
不后悔,我不相信那位女士
She killed her husband for the insurance money.
她为了保险金谋杀了她的丈夫
I can't think of anything worse.
没有比这更残酷的事情了
You must have made a...
让其他陪审员
made a very convincing case to the other jurors
改变他们的决定
to get them to change their vote.
你肯定提出了很有说服力的事情
I understand...
我知道
That is beautiful isn't it?
这真是太美了,不是吗
I understand the vote was leaning toward not guilty.
我知道表决最初是倾向于无罪的
Yeah for a while.
是的,刚开始是
Am I supposed to talk about this?
这些我可以说吗
Oh the other jurors did.
其他陪审员都说了
They said at they changed their minds just after lunch.
他们说他们在午餐后改变了决定
What happened during lunch?
吃中餐时,发生了什么事
Nothing I mean we read the testimony.
没有,我们看了证词
The foreman thought we should.
陪审长觉得我们应该看
What testimony?
什么证词
The partner the other cop
她搭档,另外一个警察
the one who said he was with her.
他说自己那时跟她在一起
The alibi witness you didn't believe him?
不在场证人,你不相信他吗
Nah he was so full of himself in that uniform.
不,他穿着那身警服一付自负的样子
Would you like to see a 1780
你要看1780年乔治王朝时代
Georgian Irish militia button?
爱尔兰军队制服纽扣吗
Mint condition. Mint
崭新的
Sergeant Alden?
奥尔登中士吗
He was our best witness.
他是我们最有力的证人
I know. She didn't believe him.
我知道,她不相信他
They reread his testimony just after lunch
午餐后,他们重读了他的证词
and that's what turned people toward guilty.
然后改变了他们的决定
That makes no sense.
那说不通
You might also want to get someone to check her blog:
你最好派人查下她的博客
Lisa's World of Buttons.
丽莎的纽扣世界
She's on that twice a day.
她每天更新两次
She might have updated during the trial.
在审判时,她可能更新过她的博客
Good. Alicia can you get on that?
很好,艾丽西娅,你可以去查下吗
Yeah in about a half hour.
可以,半小时后就去
where are you Alicia?
艾丽西娅,你在哪
A prior engagement I'll be right in.
在预约的会面中,很快就好
Kalinda where are you going next?
凯琳达,你下个地方去哪
The foreman he seemed open to talking.
陪审长,他可能会说一些
Okay good.
很好
Stay in touch.
保持联系
Uh you too Alicia.
艾丽西娅,你也一样
And Alicia uh let's talk when you get back.
艾丽西娅,你回来时我们谈谈
Okay.
好的
Well I do hope you consider
我希望你可以考虑
moving back to the neighborhood.
搬回原来的社区居住
I'd love to but you know civil servant pay.
我也想,但你知道我们公职人员的工资
Oh my goodness I do.
天呐,是的
I used to teach public school social studies.
我曾在公立学校任职,教社会科学
Sorry about that. Work.
不好意思,工作上的事
Usually it's the husbands ducking out to take calls.
一般都是丈夫出去接电话
We take turns.
我们轮流这么做
Anyway I hope you'll make an exception for our kids
总之,希望你可以为我们的孩子破个例
because I think you'll really love Zach and Grace.
你会很喜欢扎克和格蕾丝
Well I'm sure I will.
我会的
I very much want to.
我也希望如此
Let me see what I can do.
让我看看我能做些什么
I forgot how good you were at that.
我都快忘了,你对此有多擅长
At what?
对什么
Charming the teachers.
迷倒老师
It's the height they respect the height.
他们尊重位高权重的人
So are we going to let Zach drive all this way?
以后让扎克开这么远的路上学吗
It's only another 20 minutes.
就多了20分钟
And Grace?
还有格蕾丝
What about Grace?
格蕾丝怎么办
She made a mistake.
她犯了一个错误
I worry we screwed up our kids.
我担心我们没把他们教好
You worry that I screwed up the kids.
你是担心我对孩子影响不好
That's true.
那倒是真的
What did you say?
你说什么
I said it just seems odd.
我说,那看起来很奇怪
Yeah we sometime see split votes veering one way or the other
有时候陪审员的意见会有分歧
but to have a complete turnaround
但是在几个小时之内
leaning from not guilty to guilty
就从支持无罪变成支持有罪
in a matter of hours just seems odd.
看起来很怪异
I guess I must be odd then
那我肯定很奇怪
because I was voting not guilty.
因为我原是赞成无罪的
Until you read the testimony of the alibi witness?
直到你读了不在场证人的证词之后吗
Yes I mean it just didn't seem to hold up.
就是看起来并不是事实
I think when you have a policeman there
有个穿警服的警察站在你面前
in uniform in person you get persuaded
可能会有说服力
but then when you read it out loud
但是你大声读出来以后
you start to see the holes.
就开始发现漏洞了
Okay Kalinda that's it.
凯琳达,够了
Hello Cary.
凯里,你好
I already warned you once.
我已经警告过你一次了
You're under arrest.
你被捕了
For what?
原因是什么
Section 5324a.
第5324条A款
Harassment of jurors.
骚扰陪审员
Mr. Alvarez am I harassing you?
阿瓦利兹先生,我骚扰到你了吗
It doesn't matter what he says.
他说什么不重要
He's a public employee and his supervisor over there
他是公职人员,他的监督人在那
is insisting you're preventing him from executing his duties
坚持说你妨碍他完成工作
Are you serious?
你是认真的吗
I'm very serious.
是的
Please place your hands behind your back.
请你把手放到背后
You know this won't stand up.
你知道这理由是站不住脚的
I know you'll be out of circulation for a day or two.
至少你这几天不能行动了
Hey what's up?
什么事
They supposedly have something for a mistrial.
他们可能找到了什么证据来申请无效审判
When?
什么时候
Right now.
现在
Get in here.
马上过来
Good there you are as a lodge.
很好,你们都在这了,被告提出申请
The defense claims to have evidence of jury misconduct.
声称他们有陪审团行为不当的证据
The defense is desperate Your Honor.
法官阁下,被告现在很绝望
At a certain point justice has to be done...
在某种程度上来说,要伸张正义
It's being done this is how justice works.
我们正在伸张正义,这才是正义
What do you have Ms. Lockhart?
洛克哈特女士,你们有什么证据
Improper contact between a juror and nonparticipant
陪审员和不相关人员的不恰当交流
is considered jury misconduct Your Honor.
被认为是陪审团行为不当,法官阁下
Discussing a case
在审判或商议中
with friends relatives
和朋友,亲人
during the trial or deliberations.
讨论案子进展情况
One of our jurors has done just that.
其中一个陪审员有以上行为
Which juror?
哪个陪审员
Juror number five
5号陪审员
Lisa Banner.
丽莎·拜纳
She's written on her blog
她在商议期间
during deliberations. Oh come on.
在博客中更新案子进展,拜托,
"You're probably wondering why I've been away for a few days.
你们可能好奇我这几天为什么离开,
"I'm on jury duty a murder.
我在尽陪审员的义务,一起谋杀案,
I know it's supposed to be exiting
我知道这本应该是退场
I think she meant "Exciting."
我觉得她想写的是,令人激动的
Oh I'm sure she did.
那是肯定的
"...but you can't believe how long this is taking.
你们都想不到这要持续多长时间,
"I sit in this room staring at these people
我坐在这房间里,看着那些人,
who can't make up their minds."
他们无法作出决定
Yes I'd imagined you'd have something to say Ms. Lodge.
洛奇女士,我知道你有话要说
Your Honor Ms. Banner
法官阁下,拜纳女士
has broken a key rule of deliberations.
违反了商议中一条非常重要的原则
She has discussed the case
她和陪审团外的无关人员
with those outside of the jury.
谈论案子的进展情况
Her blog received 45000 individual hits on the day in question
在判决那天她博客的点击量达到了四万五
so Ms. Banner shared her views
也就是说拜纳女士与
with 45000 nonjury members.
45000名非陪审团成员分享了她的观点
God how I hate that word "Blog."
老天,我真是恨死博客这词
Ms. Lodge. Your Honor
洛奇女士,法官阁下,
this gives new meaning to reaching.
这是牵强附会
That blog entry was generic
这篇博客文章的内容泛泛
unspecific and unknowing.
无明确说明,无信息透露
I regrettably agree Ms. Lockhart.
很遗憾,我同意,洛克哈特女士
Ms. Banner's banal observations hardly rise to
拜纳小姐拙劣的博客
the level of improper contact
尚未构成不恰当交流
though I'd love to jail her for syntax alone.
尽管我很想因为语言错误而判她监禁
Your Honor we would argue that you censure the defense.
法官阁下,我方请求您谴责辩方律师的行为
They are sifting through personal lives of juries
他们排查陪审员的私人生活
on a fishing expedition for a mistrial.
进行非法调查,以求无效审判
No Ms. Lodge this was an unjust verdict.
不,洛奇女士,这是个不公正的判决
You know that and I know that.
你我心知肚明
That's not true. It is true
不是这样,就是这样,
but the law was followed Ms. Lockhart.
但是个合法的判决,洛克哈特女士
I would love to overturn this but you have to give me more.
我相当乐意推翻它,但你得给我更多依据
Your Honor I would like to get your comments on the record.
法官阁下,我希望将您的言论记录在案
They are on the record. That's what Judith is doing over there.
已记录在案,朱迪思干的就是这事
what'd I just say Judith?
我刚说什么来着,朱迪思
"They are the record. That's what Judith is doing over there."
已记录在案,朱迪思干的就是这事,
Bring me something more Ms. Lockhart.
给我更多的依据,洛克哈特女士
The law is the law.
法律不可违
Yes? You know our investigation
什么事,关于我们正在调查,
into Lockhart/Gardner?
洛克哈特&加德纳律所的事
I think I may have stumbled upon another judge they bribed.
我想我正好碰上了一个他们贿赂过的法官
Come on in.
进来说
I was so thrilled when you called.
你打电话来时我高兴坏了
I've been wondering how the old friends are doing.
我就是在想老朋友们都怎么样呢
You're not in touch with anyone?
你跟别人都没联系了吗
No when I got divorced I moved across town.
没有,我离婚后就搬到城的另一头了
How you and Peter doing?
你跟彼得怎么样
Well. Good great.
不错,很好,太棒了,
You're our Bill and Hillary.
你俩就是模范夫妻
Have you heard of Mosous?
你听说过摩梭族吗
The...? Mosous.
什么,摩梭族,
They're these people in Southwest China
他们生活在中国西南地区
who organize their lives around a woman's sexual desire.
生活的重心就是满足女人的性欲
Oh no.
不是吧
ThThey completely separate sex from family.
他们完全将性从家庭中分离出来
The Mosou women get to decide which men they'll sleep with
摩梭族由女人决定跟哪个男人睡
how long how many.
睡多久,以及睡多少
All these Mosou men come knocking on the door
所有摩梭男人都是
of their Babahougas at nightthat's their flower rooms
晚上去敲女方闺房的门
and the women decide which ones to let in.
然后女人决定让谁进屋
And when they're done it's up to the women whether the men stay or go.
完事后,就由女人来决定男人的去留
And that's when I realized
于是我意识到
that's what I'm missing from my life.
这正是我的生活中所缺少的
Control. You have to read this book.
控制权,你得读下这本书
It'll open your eyes.
会让你大开眼界
So how are you doing?
那你怎么样
Good.
很好
So try one of your other tennis buddies they can't all be like that.
那就找别的网球朋友,她们不会都那样
Yeah but what if are?
那如果都是呢
What if I have spent a decade of my life making the wrong friends?
如果我这辈子花了十年净是交损友呢
Start making new ones. Nothing's over till it's over.
那就交些新朋友,旧的不去新的不来
Well thank you.
好吧,谢谢
I have to go yell at someone now. Talk to you later.
我现在得去训个人,回头再聊
Hello.
你好
Hi. I'm Grace's mom.
你好,我是格蕾丝的妈妈
I already talke to Grace.
我已经跟格蕾丝谈过了
I don't want her to contact you again
我不想她跟你再有来往
and I don't want you contacting her. Do you understand? I do.
也不想你再找她,你明白吗,明白,
But just so you know Mrs. Florrick
我只是想你知道,福瑞克太太
I thought she had your permission.
我原以为她是经过你同意的
She didn't. And she doesn't. Okay.
她没有,也不会有,好的,
But she really should be going to church. That's up to me.
但她确实应该去教堂,这个我说了算,
That is not up to you.
用不着你管
I don't want you contacting her again.
我不希望你再找她
She already told me. Don't worry.
她已经跟我说过了,你不用担心
You talked to Grace?
你跟格蕾丝谈过吗
No I mean your assistant already told me.
不,你的助手已经告诫过我了
My assistant? The one who came for Grace at the church.
我的助手,来教堂找格蕾丝那个,
The one who ripped into me.
还狠揍了我一顿
What are you talking about?
你是在说谁
Your assistant at work. Kalinda.
你的同事,凯琳达
Kalinda?
凯琳达
She...
她...
I don't understand.
我没明白
She came and got Grace .
她来找到了格蕾丝
And said I should never talk to her again
还说不准我再找她
or she would hurt me.
否则要我好看
She... I...
她...我...
I don't understand how did...
我没明白她怎么...
how did she find Grace?
她怎么找到格蕾丝
Mom she told us not to say anything.
妈,她叫我们什么都别说
Yes but now I'm telling you to say something. What happened?
是的,但现在我要你说,怎么回事
She used some software to trace Grace's cell phone
她用软件追踪格蕾丝的手机
but it was dead so she..
但关机了,于是她
drove to see where Grace was.
就开车去格蕾丝最后出现的地方
And why didn't she want you to tell me?
那她为什么不让你们告诉我
I don't think she thought you wanted to know.
我估计她认为你不想知道
Mom I have to get to class.
妈,我要去上课了
Listen Zach...
听着,扎克
Zach... I'm not angry
扎克,我没有生气
but we don't keep things from each other?
但我们之间不要有秘密好吗
Okay. Sorry Mom.
好,对不起,妈
That's okay. We'll talk later. I love you.
没事了,我们迟些再谈,我爱你
"Be sorry."
会后悔,
Thank you Alicia for dropping by.
艾丽西娅,谢谢你过来
We just don't talk as much as we used to.
我们交流的次数没以前多了
Well it's uh been very busy.
最近一直太忙了
And you've... been distracted.
而且有些事情让你心烦意乱
Well I was just dealing with some home issues
我在处理一些家里的事情
but that's all taken care of now.
但现在已经忙完了
Good.
很好
You're valuable to us Alicia.
你对我们很有价值,艾丽西娅
When I worked with Stern years ago we were... very close.
当我多年前与斯特恩共事时,我们走得很近
And as a woman it was very helpful
作为一个女人,与一个有能力的男人
to be that closely associated to a powerful man.
关系亲密,是极有帮助
But only to a point.
但这种关系不能太亲密
People tended not to give me credit for my own successes.
不然人们就不会认可我个人的能力
All I'm trying to say is
我要说的就是
women need to help women
女人应该帮助女人
the way you're helping Caitlin;
就像你帮助凯特琳一样
the way I am here to help you.
就像我现在帮助你一样
I want you to get serious about the partner track.
我希望你认真对待晋升合伙人这件事
Really? Yes.
真的吗,是的,
I've been watching you. You have it in you.
我一直在观察你,你有这个能力
But you can't get distracted.
但你不能心有旁骛
Not with family not with... friendships here.
不能被家庭或是感情问题分散精力
You have to keep your eye on the ball.
你要专注于你的工作
I can't change that I have a family. No one wants you to.
我有家庭的事实无法改变,没人要你改变,
But rising to a certain level as you have
但发展到了你现在这种阶段
Alicia there are only two paths open to you now:
艾丽西娅,你面前就只有两条路
rising further or falling to earth.
或者平步青云,或者跌落谷底
And that's why I want to help you
这就是我之所以要帮你
to offer you my friendship... and my advice.
视你为朋友,并给你忠告的原因
Okay.
好的
I got something from the jury room.
我从陪审员室里有所发现
Oh good more from the trash.
好,垃圾里又有收获
Nah a threat. From one juror to another. Look.
威胁纸条,一个陪审员给另一个的,瞧
"Change your vote or you'll be sorry"?
改变你的投票,否则你会后悔,
But the problem is we can't use this.
但问题是我们不能用这个纸条
Yeah we're not supposed to even have this trash.
没错,我们连这包垃圾都不该有
Can we tell who it was written by?
能看出来是谁写的吗
Or to? I mean ifif we could question these jurors
或写给谁的,如果我们可以询问相关陪审员
we could get it independently.
就可以找到合法的证据
We could compare the handwriting.
我们可以核对字迹
Good. Where is Kalinda? She was arrest.
好,凯琳达在哪里,她被捕了,
When?
什么时候
An hour ago. A friend at the courthouse just called me
一小时前,一个法院的朋友刚打电话给我
she's g held on a juror harassment charge.
她被控骚扰陪审员
Okay well let's bail her out.
好的,我们去保她出来
I'll do it. Are you sure?
我去吧,你确定吗,
Yes. I'll go.
是的,我去
Thank you for seeing me.
谢谢您见我
You're welcome Ms. ScottCarr.
不客气,斯科特卡尔女士
Not sure what I can do for you. Well Your Honor
不知有何可以效劳,法官阁下,
I've been assigned a case involving judicial corruption.
我被委派调查一宗司法腐败案
Really? Yes.
真的吗,是的,
And I was wondering as a part of my investigation
作为调查的一部分,我想知道
has any lawyer approached you about a bribe?
是否有律师试图贿赂您
No no lawyer has.
没有律师贿赂过我
Good. That's... that's good to know.
好,这样最好
Now you know that bribes are not always...
您知道贿赂并不仅仅是以
in the form of cash. They can often be in form of gifts
金钱的形式,可能是礼物的
or even the forgiving of debts.
也可能是对债务的免除
Harvard Law Review.
《哈佛法律观察》
This is...
这篇...
my article
是我的论文
on judicial misconduct.
关于司法不公正的
Worth a read sometime.
还是值得读一读的
Please don't confuse my meaning
请不要误解我的意思
Your Honor.
法官阁下
Due diligence requires some uncomfortable questions.
尽职的调查需要您回答令人不快的问题
Yes. And so does undue influence.
没错,不适当的影响也是如此
Are you suggesting that I'm influencing you?
你的意思是我在影响你的裁判吗
No I'm suggesting you're attempting to influence me.
不,我的意思是你在试图影响
You were close with Will Gardner.
你和威尔·加德纳走得很近
You used to play in his wednesday night basketball games.
你曾是他周三晚间篮球活动的一员
We've pinpointed these games as a prime nexus
我们认为这个活动
for illegal gambling and bribery.
涉及非法赌博和贿赂
And I am friendly to his partner
而我在眼下,他的合伙人
Diane Lockhart
戴安·洛克哈特的案子里
in her current case isn't that what you're suggesting?
偏向于她,你是这个意思吗
Yes. And you...
是的,而且你...
are attempting to use your position as a special prosecutor
想利用你特别公诉人的身份
to pressure me to decide for the prosecution
给我施压,让我在这件审理中的案子上
in this ongoing case.
偏向公诉方
Well... that's where you're wrong sir.
你有一点理解错了,先生
There is no ongoing case.
案子不是审理中了
The verdict is in.
裁决已经做出了
How you doing?
你还好吗
'Cause you're looking a little pale.
你看起来有点不舒服啊,
Yep hands behind your back.
没错,把手背在身后
Kalinda Sharma.
凯琳达·夏尔马
She was brought in a few hours ago. Yes.
她几个小时前被送进来的,稍等,
Oh. I'm sorry ma'am
不好意思,夫人
but Kalinda Sharma has been transferred.
凯琳达·夏尔马已经被移送了
Where? She took ill
送去哪了,她病了,
and she s transferred to a local hospital for treatment.
被送往当地医院医治了
Come on. This is a game.
别逗了,又是这种把戏
That's all I know ma'am.
我就知道这么多,夫人
Take it or leave it.
不信就别信
Let me put this to you simply Cary.
我来跟你说清楚,凯里
Unless you want a lawsuit the likes you've never seen
除非你想要来场前所未见的诉讼
I would stop this shell game with Kalinda.
就赶紧把凯琳达给我交出来
Because I have three pro bono clients
我有三个法律援助委托人
who have suffered the same transferring of relatives and loved ones
也都遇到过这种亲友被移送的把戏
and if I can prove a systematic effort
如果我能证明,你们有意地
to elude arraignment and bail hearings
阻碍传讯和保释听证
well then we're talking about damages in the millions
就等着上百万的赔偿金吧
and more importantly
更重要的是
I'll be naming you personally in that lawsuit.
我会在诉讼中对你个人提出起诉
Hi Alicia.
你好,艾丽西娅
I am not joking Cary.
我不是在开玩笑,凯里
You bring Kalinda to me now.
你现在就带凯琳达来见我
Thanks.
谢谢
You found Grace?
你找到了格蕾丝
You found my daughter?
你找到了我女儿
She wasn't lost.
她没失踪
You brought her home.
是你带她回家的
She would have come home on her own.
她自己也会回家的
You told my kids not to tell me. Why?
你跟我孩子们说不要让我知道,为什么
I don't want mess. What mess?
我不想把事情搞复杂,怎么复杂了,
Alicia I haven't changed.
艾丽西娅,我没变
I'm the same person.
还是原来那个我
I... I knew I could help so I helped that's all.
我...我知道我能帮上忙,就帮了
Thank you.
谢谢你
You don't have to...
不需要...
No.
不,
You didn't have to.
你本不需要做这些事
That'why I'm thanking you.
所以我感谢你
You're welcome.
不客气
Here we all are again.
我们又聚在这里了
What have you got for us today Ms. Lockhart?
今天带来什么证据了吗,洛克哈特女士
Juror number 12 Your Honor
12号陪审员,法官阁下
Mr. Grant Rudnick.
格兰特·路德尼克先生
He has something he would to say.
有话要说
Uh yes. Your Honor
是的,法官阁下
I'm sorry I should have said this before.
很抱歉,我应该早点说出来的
This note was given to me
在陪审团审议室里
in the jury room.
有人把这个字条递给我
Oh come on
拜托
Your Honor this is ridiculous.
法官阁下,这太荒谬了
5324a Your Honor:
第5324条A款,法官阁下,
jury tampering or bullying
陪审员干预或被欺凌时
falls well within the judge's right to declare a mistrial.
法官有权宣布裁判无效
I know I interrupted Mr. Agos.
抱歉,我打断了艾格斯先生
I will go sit down now.
我坐下了
The jury's decided Your Honor and the defense
陪审团已做出判决,法官阁下
shouldn't be allowed to keep throwing crap against the wall.
辩方根本不应被允许说这些废话
Thank you Mr. Agos
谢谢,艾格斯先生
but I think it's my job to figure out what is crap.
但我想应该由我来确定什么叫废话
Mr. Rudnick
路德尼克先生
did this threat changed your view of the case?
此威胁改变了你对案件的裁判吗
Your Honor that's not the point. The mere fact...
法官阁下,这不是重点,就凭...
Ms. Lockhart I didn't ask you a question.
洛克哈特女士,我没问你
Mr. Rudnick... did this note change your mind about the case?
路德尼克先生,字条改变了你的裁判吗
No. So...
没有,所以,
when I polled the jury in court and you said
我在法庭上让陪审团的明确表态时
"Guilty in the first degree" were you telling the truth?
你说"一级谋杀罪名成立"是真话吗,
I guess so sure.
我想是的,是的
Ms. Lockhart Mr. Coyne again...
洛克哈特女士,科因先生
nice effort
我很赞赏你们的努力
but I deny your request for a mistrial
但我驳回无效审判的请求
and I ask that you be more circumspect in the future
并且提醒你们
with your approaches to jury members.
之后询问陪审员时请慎重
Damn it!
该死的
What happened?
怎么了
He's afraid to go out on a limb.
他不想担风险
Who threatened you Mr. Rudnick?
威胁你的是谁,路德尼克先生
Who wrote that? The foreman.
写字条的人是陪审长
I forget his name.
我忘了他的名字了
But it's not like to take it seriously.
但好像不是很认真的威胁
I was just one of the holdouts.
我只是坚持无罪的人之一
And I think he just wanted to finish up that night.
而他只是想当晚结束裁定而已
What? I don't undersnd is
什么,我不理解了
the foreman was one of the "Not guilty" votes
陪审长开始也投了"无罪"
and then after lunch not only does he change his vote
但午饭后,他怎么会不仅改变了观点
but he pressures another juror
还给别的陪审员施压
to overturn his vote?
让对方也做出改变
Kalinda what are you doing?
凯琳达,你在做什么
Anything you want.
你需要我做的事
I'm on my way.
马上就来
Three Deccan buttons
三个德干纽扣
all with irises.
都是鸢尾花
Oh I like the middle one especially.
我最喜欢中间那个
Thank you. I do too.
谢谢,我也是
So uh did you talk much about the case during lunch?
那么,你们午饭时聊案子了吗
No. We honored the judge's instructions.
没,我们严格遵守法官指令的
And was Mario with you?
马里奥跟你们一起吃的吗
He's the foreman.
他是陪审长
Most days he was during the trial.
庭审期间基本都一起
But deliberations no.
但审议时没有
He said he had to do something next door.
他说要去隔壁有事情
Next door to what?
哪儿的隔壁
Chopsticks Shack. We'd go there every day.
筷子屋餐厅,我们每天都去那
Do you remember what was next door?
你记得隔壁是什么店吗
He used a computer in an Internet cafe over lunch.
他午饭时在网吧上了网
He had to pay with a credit card
他用信用卡付得账
so I was able to find out which computer he used.
所以,我能查出他用了哪台电脑
And this is a cache of the searches that he did during the hour.
这是他那一小时内查的内容
What was he looking for?
我们要看什么
Articles on our alibi witness Sergeant Alden.
关于不在场证人奥尔登中士的报道
What was it a grudge? No.
关于什么,怨恨吗,不是,
Alden shot an Hispanic youth in 2002.
奥尔登在2002年射杀了一个西班牙少年
Yup. He was cleared of charges
没错,他没有被起诉
but there was lot of controversy
但有很多争论
because the youth was unarmed.
因为那个少年并没有带武器
Many members of the Latino community accused him
很多有拉丁美洲背景的人指责他
of lying during the inquest.
在质证的时候说谎
And Sergeant Alden is black. Not a lot of love lost there.
奥尔登中士是黑人,这对他影响不大
So you think he changed his vote
所以你认为他改变意见
when he realized it was the same officer?
是因为他发现这是同一个警察
Yeah. But I don't think he made the connection
对,但我认为他在审议进行到一半时
until he was in the middle of deliberations.
才发现其中的关联
He checked and then he persuaded the other jurors.
他确认后,说服了其他陪审员
We need to take this to the judge.
我们得把这个给法官看
No. We need more. Why?
不,我需要更多证据,为什么,
This is exactly what Judge Dunaway is talking about.
这就是达纳韦法官要的啊
No no no. Something has changed there. We need more.
不,情况有变,我们得有更多证据
We could get affidavits from the other jurors.
我们可以去弄其他陪审员的书面陈述
If they'll swear that the foreman brought in outside evidence
如果他们能作证,陪审长把新证据
to the jury room that might work.
去陪审团审议室,可能会有用
OK I'm on it.
好的,我去查
I'll help.
我去帮忙
Hello. Alicia Florrick.
你好,艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人
I was hoping to get your voice mail.
我以为会接入你的语音信箱呢
I just wanted to apologize.
我想向你道歉
It doesn't look like it will work out for your kids after all.
看来我们还是没法接收你的孩子
Really? Why?
真的吗,为什么
Well first of all I'm so sorry to disapoint you.
首先,非常抱歉让你失望了
I'm just trying not to set an unfortunate precedent.
我只是不想因此事开不好的先河
I hope you understand.
希望你能理解
Mrs. Florrick? Hello?
福瑞克夫人,还在吗
Peter Florrick.
彼得·福瑞克
Hey.
你好
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
What's the matter?
怎么了
What?
什么
All right don't worry.
好了,别担心
I'll handle it.
我会处理的
You back again. Didn't get enough of my buttons.
你又来了,纽扣果然看不够啊
Uh this is my colleague Alicia Florrick.
这是我的同事,艾丽西娅·福瑞克
You might recognize her from the trial?
审判时她也在,认出来了吗
Yes. Hi.
是的,你好
I always liked what you were wearing.
我总是很喜欢你的穿扮
Miss Banner hi.
拜纳小姐,你好
We were trying to get in touch with some of the other jurors.
我们试着接触别的陪审员
We've talked to three or four and we were just wondering
聊过三四个,我们不知道你还有没有
if you had the names or numbers of the others.
其他人的名字或者电话
I do. I friended them all
我有,都加了好友
so we could stay in touch.
那样就能保持联系
I'm having a display of my buttons
我在印地安纳州博览会
at the Indiana State Fair
将有个纽扣展览
and I wanted to keep them all in touch.
我想着和他们都能保持联系
Here. Here you go.
这里,你们看
Not all wanted to be friended
不是所有人都通过了好友申请
but that's half of them anyway.
总之有一半吧
Thanks. This is so helpful.
谢谢,大有帮助
Oh Miss Banner?
拜纳小姐
Lisa.
叫我丽莎
Lisa is that Peter Dunaway? Judge Dunaway?
丽莎,那是彼得·达纳韦,达纳韦法官吗
Yes I sent him a friend request too.
是,我也向他发了好友请求
He seemed like such a nice man.
看上去好人一个
And he friend you back?
他也加你为好友
Yes. Why?
是的,怎么
During the trial? Yes.
审判期间吗,是的,
What's wrong?
怎么了
I think we have our mistrial.
我想无效审判的根据有了
I never used to bite my nails.
我从不习惯咬指甲
Now look at them. They're bleeding.
看看它们,在流血
We have some hope.
还有希望
Thank you.
谢谢
Thanks for coming by. No.
谢谢你来看我,不用,
I'm sorry.
抱歉
When you asked me for my advice before
之前当你问及我的建议时
about whether you should take the deal or not
你是否应该接受条件
I'm afraid... I was abrupt with you.
恐怕...我太唐突了
It was the truth.
这是事实
No. I mean it was
不,我是说,是事实
but... sometimes the truth can be more...
但...有时,事实也能...
adorned.
委婉些
I don't have a lot of friends coming by to see me.
不是有很多人来看我
I thought I would. I have a lot of friends.
我以为会有,我有很多朋友的
This really gets you thinking about
这就会让你去思考
how people say nice things and smile
人们如何微笑示意,说的挺好
and then never came to visit.
却从不来看望你
I think I can do with things less... adorned.
即便不委婉...我也是能承受的
I hope this works out.
希望此案能圆满结束
I do too.
我也希望
Oh. Mr. Florrick.
福瑞克先生
Hello. How are you?
您好,您好吗
Good ma'am. Very good.
很好,女士,非常好
II wish you'd made an appointment.
希望您是有预约的
I just spoke to your wife.
我刚跟您太太说了
Unfortunately we don't have any room for your two children
很不幸,没有给你们两个孩子的名额了
but I was saying beginning next year
不过我说了,明年开学
At the start of next year we should have room.
明年一开学,就有名额了
You know what one of the advantages
知道我职位的优势之一
of my position is Ms. Venegas?
是什么吗,维妮嘉丝女士
No. I...
不,我...
I imagine there must be many.
我猜一定有很多优势
No not really.
不,不是很多
But background checks
不过背景调查...
through background checks are one of the great advantages.
彻底的背景调查...是一大优势
As I was perusing through some of these background checks
随着我详细地调查了一些背景
I was somewhat surprised to find
我有点惊讶于
that many of your teachers had... issues.
发现贵校的很多老师有...问题
Of course I was only checking as a concerned parent
我只是考虑到要送孩子到这里
who was thinking of sending his children here.
以忧心父母的身份而调查的
Luckily there were no sexual charges.
很幸运,没有性侵犯案件
But there were quite a few felony DUIs
不过有不少重罪,酒后驾车
check kiting and... drug charges.
空头支票诈骗,还有...吸毒
You are the State's Attorney sir.
您是州检察官,先生
Yes ma'am I am.
是,女士,我是
That's why I'm going to say this to you...
所以我要跟你...
very slowly.
很慢的说
I'm the State's Attorney.
我是州检察官
You don't say no to me.
不能对我说不
And you especially don't say no to me
涉及我的孩子们时
when it concerns my children.
更不能说不
Do you understand?
明白吗
I think the word you're looking for is "Yes."
我想你要说的那个词是"明白"
Good.
很好
So...
那么...
we'll be hearing from you.
等你的好消息
Are we thinking the third time is the charm Ms. Lockhart?
第三次会是魔法吗,洛克哈特女士
That is our hope Your Honor. Well I should warn you.
希望如此,法官阁下,我该提醒你,
My patience is running thin.
我快没有耐心了
The Illinois Code of Judicial Conduct.
伊利诺亚洲行为准则
"Judges should refrain from all individual connect
"法官在庭审和审议过程中,
"with a juror outside the presence of court
除开庭期间外,
during a trial and deliberations."
不得与陪审员有个人联系"
Yes. Have you detected some contact I made with jurors?
是,你们查到我和哪个陪审员联系了吗
You friended one.
您加了个好友
Juror number five Lisa Banner
5号陪审员,丽莎·拜纳
the blogger of Lisa's World of Buttons.
撰写"丽莎的纽扣世界"博客的人
I didn't friend her. You did Your Honor.
我没加她啊,你加了,法官阁下,
She sent you a friend request three days ago
她三天前向您发了好友请求
and you responded in the affirmative.
您回复的是同意
Because I'm running for reelection.
因为我在准备改选
Somebody friends me I assume it's a supporter.
有人加我好友,我当是支持者呢
Your Honor this is... I know this is.
法官阁下,这是... 我知道是,
Your Honor this is serious grounds for a mistrial.
法官阁下,这是无效审判的有力根据
Unknowingly or not
觉察或者没觉察到
you made contact with a juror
审判期间,您都跟陪审员
during the trial.
有接触
This is a serious ethical breach.
这严重违背了职业道德
I used to find this job eternally enlightening
我曾觉得这份工作让人深受启发
even enjoyable.
甚至还很享受
Not anymore not a single day.
世风日下,一切都不一样了
Your Honor... No.
法官阁下... 打住,
I declare a mistrial.
我宣布审判无效
Let's take it back into court
重新上庭
make it official.
对外正式宣布
Good job.
干得漂亮
That's what I was talking about.
这就是我之前说的
That'll get you partnership.
这会让你成为合伙人
So you chased them all away?
你把我都球友都吓走了
I don't believe I did anything of the kind Mr. Gardner.
我认为这可不是我的原因,加德纳先生
They found the better part of valor.
他们不过发现了更有意义的事
Here's your problem.
你的问题是
You don't have any evidence lady.
你没有证据,女士
You have accusations.
空有指控
And you're trying to sweat me.
你想让我自乱阵脚
Well I don't sweat easily.
我可不是吃软饭的
Then let's talk.
那我们谈谈
That's all I want to do.
仅此而已
Just talk.
只是聊聊
I'm not after you.
我的目标不是你
I don't think you know who you're after.
我认为你自己都不知道目标是谁
Oh I know who I'm after.
我很清楚是谁
Somebody who used to be involved in your basketball games years ago.
多年以前曾参与你篮球比赛的人
Who are you talking about?
你说的是谁
Peter Florrick.
彼得·福瑞克
That's right.
没错
It all comes full circle doesn't it?
兜了个圈回到原地,不是吗
Only in Cook County.
只在库克郡会有这种事
Peter puts you in charge of an investigation into me
彼得让你负责调查我
and you turn it back on him.
你准备背后来个突袭
I...
我...
I'm speechless.
我无话可说
Peter's clean this term
彼得这一任是很清廉
but he wasn't his first term was he?
但他以前并非如此,不是吗
And you know where his weaknesses lie.
你知道他的弱点在哪里
Well I know a lot of things.
我知道很多事
Then let's talk.
那我们谈谈
No.
不,
Yes.
是的
It's the smart move.
识时务者为俊杰
No.
不,
I'm hiring myself a lawyer...
我将请个律师...
and then we can talk.
然后再谈
The next we talk it'll be in front of a grand jury.
下次再谈,就是在大陪审团前
Okay. So be it.
好,不见不散