手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《广告狂人》 > 广告狂人第一季 > 正文

广告狂人第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第5集:饮酒庆祝

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

This will look good in your office.

摆在办公室会很漂亮
What, take that thing on the train,
什么,把那东西带着上火车
like some kid who won at the 4H?
像个孩子赢了4H大奖一样吗(俱乐部)
Besides, no one wants to look like they care about awards.
而且,没人想表现得很在乎拿这个奖
But you do.
可你很在意
Isn't that sad?
是不是很悲哀
Roger was very eloquent.
罗杰的口才真好
He likes to be recognized for selling.
他喜欢别人一看就知道他是搞销售的
Creative is less important.
创造力不是很重要
Creative helps sell.
创造力有助于销售
But he gave the speech.
可是上台致辞的人是他
Look at you in this tuxedo.
看你穿的这身礼服
Say it for me.
说这句话
Pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Draper.
很高兴见到你,德雷柏夫人
Enchanted.
我被迷住了
It's 8:00.
八点了
Shit.
糟糕
Oh, my Lord.
上帝
Mommy, Mommy! Ethel's downstairs.
妈咪,妈咪,艾瑟在楼下
She's making us breakfast.
她在给我们做早饭
Sally, Mommy has a headache.
萨丽,妈妈头痛
What's that thing?
这是什么
Daddy's boss won an award.
爸爸的老板得奖了
Daddy won one, too.
爸爸也得一个
An award for good horses?
优马奖吗
Go downstairs and eat something.
下楼去吃东西
I think there's AlkaSeltzer in the kitchen.
厨房有治消化不良的药
Are you okay?
你还好吧
Yeah, just do it in the kitchen.
去厨房弄吧
I don't want to hear the bubbles.
我可不想听到水声
Congratulations, Mr. Draper.
恭喜,德雷柏先生
Thank you.
谢谢
I hear Advertising Age ran a picture.
我听说《广告时代》杂志登了照片
Fortunately, no one reads that.
幸好没人会读那个
That's really amazing.
真的很棒
I'll get Mr. Campbell and Mr. Kinsey.
我去通知坎贝尔先生和金西先生
They wanted you to know they were waiting,
他们要我转告您他们等了很久
but they left.
他们先离开了
That's rude.
真没礼貌
They said something about the Newkie Award going to your head.
他们说你因为纽基奖高兴过头了
Congratulations, by the way.
我顺便也说句恭喜
Thank you.
多谢
Congratulations to you, too.
也恭喜你
Thank you, Peggy.
谢谢,佩奇
Congratulations for what,
恭喜你什么
Being the only one on time for this meeting?
准时出席会议吗
Oh, I was just telling Peggy I got a short story published.
我只是告诉佩奇我发表了一篇小文章
Good for you.
很好
The Atlantic Monthly.
在《大西洋月刊》上
Look at that.
看这个
Congratulations.
恭喜
Thank you.
多谢
What does that have to do with you, Kenny?
和你有什么关系,肯尼
"Tapping a Maple on a Cold Vermont Morning. "
枫叶在佛蒙特寒冷的早上发出咯吱的声音
Cosgrove here got a story published in The,
科斯格罗夫的一篇文章出版了
Uh... The Atlantic Monthly.
在《大西洋月刊》上
You're kidding.
开玩笑吧
I look forward to reading it.
我都等不及去读了
Keep it. I've got copies.
你留着吧,我还有
Congrats, indeed. A thing like that.
恭喜,做了件这么了不起的事情
You're a writer? You write?
你是个作家吗,你居然会写作
Well, yes.
是的
The weird thing is short fiction is not my strong suit.
奇怪的是我并不擅长短篇故事
I have two novels.
我写了两部小说
Novels? About what?
小说,关于什么的
One is about a roughneck on an oil rig
一个是关于钻井工人
who has to move to Manhattan
他不得不搬到曼哈顿去
because his wife's mother is sick.
因为妻子的母亲病了
The other one is, well,
另一个是
a woman who's a widow...
一个寡妇
she kind of got stuck with this family farm.
被困在了家族农场
No one will help her except this boy.
只有一个男孩愿意帮她
Those don't even sound stupid.
听上去不傻啊
Thanks.
多谢
I mean, they both sound good.
我是说听上去都还不错
Want to read one? I do.
想读吗, 当然
But I also want to talk about Liberty Capital Savings.
但我还是想谈谈自由资产储蓄的计划
Right.
Talk, one of you.
说吧,谁先说
As you know, Jack Konig says
如你所知,杰克·康纳说
they want a new promotion.
他们想要一个新的宣传计划
Interest rates are level.
利息相同的情况下
Some kind of irresistible fireworks that bring people to the bank,
一些让人着魔的焰火引领着人们到银行去
even if it's just to visit.
即使只是去看看而已
I hate it when they say fireworks.
我讨厌他们用焰火这个词
Especially when they keep talking about a toaster
尤其是他们还用,那种有加热盘的烤箱
with a warming tray on top, or a blender.
或是搅拌机来吸引客户
A blender's nice.
搅拌机很好啊
Jack keeps talking about escalating the toaster wars
杰克不停的在说弄一个烤箱大派送
In order to lure women in,
来吸引更多的女性客户
Which is silly when you think about it,
这样想就太蠢了
Because other than a few working girls,
因为除了个别工作的女孩
Most women aren't in charge of the banking.
大部分妇女不会把钱存到银行
Not in my house.
我家那位就不会
They visit the bank.
她们光顾银行
They do.
是的
All we do is try to get the girls in.
我们一直只针对女性客户
Families.
还有家庭
But you know what?
但是你知道吗
Men need their own accounts, beyond the family.
男人们需要自己的账户,私人的
Men?
男人们?
Oh, I can see that.
我明白了
Discretion. Discretionary.
自由支配,自由行使权
Statements sent to the office.
账单送到公司
Yes.
是的
Liberty Capital Private Account.
自由资产私人账户
No.
Executive Account.
执行账户
That's why he won an award.
这就是他得奖的原因
Accounts won the award.
账户奖
There's a call for you from Bix Beiderbecke.
来自比格斯·拜特柏克的电话
Hello, Mr. Beiderbecke?
你好,拜特柏克先生
It's me, and don't ask who, or you'll spoil the mood.
是我,要是还问是谁就太没情趣了
Who's Bix?
谁是比格斯
The trumpeter.
一个小号手
I was thinking about playing the horn this afternoon.
我在想今天下午吹吹号
Where are you calling me from?
你在哪给我打电话
I just had a phone put in.
我装了个电话
Really. Instant connection,
真的,快速联络
Just like that night at the ticket booth in Grand Central.
就像那晚在中央车站的售票亭一样
Midge, I'm at work.
米琪,我在工作
Just get down here.
赶快过来吧
I want you to pull my hair and ravish me
我想让你扯我的头发,强暴我
And leave me for dead.
直到我欲仙欲死
I'll be back after lunch.
我午饭后回来
Kenneth Cosgrove.
肯尼斯·科斯格罗夫
I think I'm going to vomit.
我快吐了
Who the hell is Ken Cosgrove?
肯尼斯·科斯格罗夫何许人也
He's from Burlington, Vermont.
他来自佛蒙特的伯灵顿
His father is a salesman.
父亲是个推销员
What does that have to do with it?
你说这个有什么意义
I can't believe he got published
我真不敢相信他的文章居然出版了
And didn't tell anyone until it came out.
而且直到刊印发行才公之于众
No, he kept walking around like the idiot he is.
他不停地走来走去像个傻子
I have this story about this crazy night I had
我有个故事,关于一个疯狂的夜晚
where I ended up in Jersey City with all these Negroes,
我和一群黑人走在新泽西城里
and we all got along.
我们共度一段美好时光
Can you imagine how good that story is?
你能想象有多有趣吗
No.
不能
It is.
可它就是有趣
It's a national magazine.
那可是全国发行的杂志
Yep.
是的
That hurts, too.
这更伤人
That was it.
就是这样的
That's what I called for.
我打电话给你就是为了得到刚刚的快感
You can go.
你可以走了
You can't call me at work.
上班时别给我打电话
You scared of me getting lonely all the time?
你不怕我这样一直孤单下去吗
Start having conversations with you
我可能会忍不住跟你聊天
And ring you all the time,
并且总给你打电话
saying, "When are you gonna come over?"
然后说, "你什么时候来"
This is working right now.
可现在是工作的时间
And it worked today.
整天都是工作的时间
Look, I'm sorry your life is in a million pieces.
我很抱歉,你的生活五彩缤纷
Be easier for you to have one less.
失去我对你来说也无所谓
I hurt your feelings.
我伤害你了
You didn't like my call a little bit?
你一点也不喜欢我打电话吗
I'm here.
我不就在这里吗
And you waited until you were done
你就是想让我
to make me feel bad about the phone call.
为打了那通电话自责难受
I like that you come in here, acting like somebody else.
我喜欢你来这里,像是一个完全不同的人
It must be so intense above 14th Street.
要穿过14个街区时间很紧吧
Then you shoot down on the train.
然后还要赶上火车
That look when I open that door.
我开门时看到你那个神情
Sometimes you're preoccupied,
有时你很专注
But then you always...
但是之后你总是
Well, you always...
总是
Change gears.
变化着
I don't even think about it.
我没有想过那个
I know.
我知道
I like being your medicine.
我喜欢当你的良药
Okay.
What's wrong with it?
怎么了
Just tell me. I can tell you don't like it.
直接说,我看出你不喜欢
Oh, I do.
不,我喜欢
And I love that you're sitting alone at your typewriter,
我最爱你坐在打字机前的样子
Drinking a Scotch, thinking it up.
边喝威士忌边创作
But you don't like it.
但是你并不喜欢这文章
I mostly read the classics.
我读的大部分都是古典小说
It seemed strange to me.It's too modern.
这个对我来说太现代了
Really?
真的吗
Uh, that's kind of a compliment.
这真是一种称赞
But I don't think you mean it that way.
但我认为你说这话的本意并非如此
I just think it's odd that the bear is talking.
我这是很奇怪熊居然会说话
The bear is not talking.
熊没有说话
It's what the hunter imagines the bear to be thinking.
只是猎人想象熊在说话
Well, it's wellwritten.
总之,写的不错
Why don't you submit it?
为什么不投稿
I was going to when I finished dickering with it.
我还要再修改修改
You could run it by Charlie Fiddich.
你可以和查理·费蒂奇谈谈
He has one of those big publishing jobs, doesn't he?
他从事出版工作,不是吗
Your friend Laura kept saying how he makes things happen there.
你的朋友劳拉不停地在说他出版的东西
Why would I do that?
为什么我要那样做
Because he can help us.
因为他能帮我们
Call him. Ask him to look at the story.
打电话给他,叫他读读这个故事
Why now?
为什么非得现在
Do you know who Ken Cosgrove is?
你知道肯·科斯格罗夫吗
He's an account executive, just like me.
像我一样,他也是个业务经理
Did you know that?
你知道吗
My father reads the damn Atlantic.
我爸爸也读这该死的大西洋月刊
So what?
那又怎么样
You don't want to be a writer.
你又不想当个作家
I thought it was a hobby.
我觉得这只是爱好而已
He's out there. People know who he is.
他出名了,人们都知道他了
Pumpkin, Charlie Fiddich?
亲爱的,真要去找查理·费蒂奇吗
I'm surprised.
我很惊讶
You can tell what this means to me.
你知道这对我来说意味着什么
You said you'd do anything for me.
你说过会为我做任何事
I don't understand you.
我实在搞不懂你
You were so upset when I told you.
我当时告诉你的时候你那么生气
Told me about what?
告诉我什么
Peter.
皮特
Told me about what?
告诉我什么
That he was my first.
他是我的第一次
Well...
好吧
This helps make up for that.
这不正好弥补嘛
Let Charlie Fiddich...
让查理·费蒂奇
See what he's been missing.
看看他错失了什么
Okay.
好吧
Good morning. Oh, good morning.
早上好, 早上好
Traffic meeting is starting in the conference room.
联络会议已经开始了
Really.
真的
Cosgrove, I'm serious.
我说真的,科斯格罗夫
I think it shows tremendous fortitude,
我认为这体现了执着的精神
And I'd like to see more of it around here
我还希望能看到更多
People finishing things.
大家都能善始善终
I guarantee you that in the bottom drawer of every desk in this place
我保证在每张桌子的最底层
Is the first ten pages of a novel. Five.
有一本翻开了十页的小说, 五页
The story itself was not much to my liking,
我并不是很喜欢这个故事
but I think it showed an uncanny understanding
但是我认为这极大地展现了
of what most people like.
大部分人的所爱
I guess so.
我也这么想
What did you get paid for that, a hundred bucks?
你得到了多少报酬,一百块吗
About that.
差不多
Well, that'll keep you working here.
所以你还不得不继续在这里奋战
So, Miss Holloway,
霍洛韦小姐
Would you like to take the reins?
你来说两句吧
Let's start with Maytag. Mr. Cosgrove.
我们从梅泰格开始吧,科斯格罗夫先生
Do you want to complain about the copy,
你想要批评文案不合格吗
Now that you're a big writer?
你现在可是个大作家
Production needs 50% up front,
发行量需要提升百分之五十
And we're waiting on a check.
我们仍在等待拨款
And when will you be calling the Client about that?
你什么时候和客人提这件事
Well, I spoke with him last week,
我上礼拜和他谈过了
And I'll check with him again this afternoon.
我今天下午再去核对一次
Aren't you good?
很好
Rio de Janeiro.
里约热内卢
The doublepage spread we ran in Life and Town & Country
内页跨版宣传我们有关城镇的生活
Was so successful,
相当成功
They want to resize the ad to run in Reader's Digest.
他们想要调整尺寸放到《读者文摘》上去
Big ad.
不错的广告
Little magazine.
杂志却一般
Sal's problem.
销售的问题
Lucky Strike?
要幸福时光吗(烟名)
Don?
Sales are great. Lawsuit is pending.
销售的很好,诉讼部分还在等
You're the one who's supposed to keep an eye out
你应该密切关注
on what's happening in Washington.
华盛顿那边的风吹草动
After the election.
选举结束后再说吧
I'm sorry. Do you mind?
打扰一下,给您的
I'll take any excuse to get out of this meeting.
我接受一切可以不开会的理由
His name is Adam Whitman.
他叫亚当·惠特曼
Tell him, uh...
告诉他
Where is he?
他在哪
Reception.
接待处
I should, uh... I have to deal with this.
我要,我必须亲自处理
Sure, sure.
好的
You better come back, now.
不过一定要回来
I got this. Okay.
我来处理, 好
Can I help you?
有什么需要吗
Can I help you?
有什么可以帮到您
It's you.
是你
It's really you.
真的是你
Dick.
迪克
I can't believe it.
我简直不敢相信
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
I know I'm grown up, but, Dick, it's me.
我知道我长大变样了,但是迪克,是我啊
It's Adam.
亚当
Your little brother?
你的弟弟
It's Don.
我叫唐
It says Donald Draper, but I knew it was you.
上面写着唐.德雷柏,但我知道是你
Are you upset? Are you mad at me?
你不高兴吗,生我的气了
I don't even know who you are.
我都不知道你是谁
I know I look different.
我知道我长变了很多
I grew up tall, okay?
我长高了
But it's me, Dick.
但是是我啊,迪克
Look, I'm a janitor at American Calculator in the Empire State Building,
我在位于帝国大厦的国家计算署作门卫工作
and I found this in someone's trash.
我在别人的垃圾篓里看到这张报纸
I thought I saw a ghost.
我觉得看到了鬼
I think you've mistaken me for someone else.
我觉得你认错人了
You can't even look at me.
你都不敢看我
Okay. You're at work.
好吧,你在工作
I can come back another time.
我改天再来
No.
There's a coffee shop three blocks west of here.
往西三条街外有个咖啡店
Deelite.
叫迪莱
I'll meet you there at noon.
我们中午在那见
That's swell.
这太好了
And everything's all set for the Liberty Capital meeting?
关于自由资产的会议都准备好了吗
Yes, of course, all set.
是的,都准备好了
Well, thank you all.
散会,谢谢大家
I'm glad everybody can make it sound like
我很高兴所有人看起来
they're working so hard.
都是很努力工作的样子
I can't believe this.
我简直不敢相信
It is really you.
真的是你
What do you want from me?
你想从我这得到什么
I don't understand this.
我不明白
You have nothing to say to me?
你没有什么想和我说的吗
Nothing to ask me?
不想问我点儿什么吗
Dick, I thought you were dead, and you're right here.
迪克,我以为你死了,但你却活得好好的
That's not me.
那不是我
Can't you even say my name?
你都不敢叫我的名字吗
Adam...
亚当
That's not me.
那不是我
It is.
就是
What happened to you?
你怎么了
Why did you do that?
为什么要那么做
Why did you leave me?
为什么离开我
I couldn't go back there.
我回不去了
Nothing for me.
我什么都不要
I knew you weren't dead.
我早知道你没死
I knew I saw you that day hiding in the window in your uniform.
我知道我那天看到你穿着制服藏在窗户后面
I was only 8, but I knew it was you.
我才八岁,但我知道那是你
It was a long time ago.
那是很久以前的事了
I can't believe...
我不敢相信
When I saw that picture in the paper,
当我看到报纸上的照片
I thought, "It looks exactly like him, except around the eyes. "
我就想,太像了,除了眼睛周围不大像
Donald Draper?
唐纳德·德雷柏
What kind of name is that?
那是什么名字
What difference does it make
只是改了个名字
people change their names.
有什么大不了的
Yeah, I guess.
是啊
What happened to her?
她怎么样
Mom?
妈妈
She wasn't my mother.
她不是我妈妈
She never let me forget that.
她一直强调这一点
She's gone.
她去世了
Stomach cancer.
胃癌
Good.
太好了
Uncle Mack took it pretty hard.
曼克叔叔很难过
He passed, too.
也去世了
Are you sure you don't want anything?
你确定你不要任何东西吗
I know. I've got this lump in my throat.
我喉咙里很卡
I'd love to eat right now, but I can't.
我现在很想吃东西,但吃不了
Did you miss me at all?
你一点都不想我吗
Of course I did.
当然想了
It's good to see you.
能见到你太好了
You look well.
你看起来不错
Would have rather had lunch with you.
与你吃个午饭会更高兴
I know. But I have an appointment
我知道,但是我有约了
with the decorator for our new apartment.
和新家的室内装潢师
Another time, I promise.
下次吧,一定
You said you enjoyed the story.
你说你喜欢那个故事
Yes, I did.
是的
As much as anyone can enjoy that kind of thing.
和大多数人看法一样
So you like it, or you didn't like it?
那你喜欢还是不喜欢
It doesn't matter.
那不重要
It matters that I publish it, right?
最重要的是我要出版它,不是吗
Yes. It does.
是的
Have you been seeing Laura still?
你还在和劳拉约会吗
Yes.
是的
She's terrific.
她很不错
Fun.
很风趣
She really is.
她一直都如此
Trudy, I want to talk to you
特鲁迪,我想和你谈谈
about something that has nothing to do with this.
另外的一件事
Okay.
好的
I miss you.
我很想你
I miss being with you.
我怀念和你在一起的日子
That's very sweet to hear.
很高兴你这么说
I know you're married.
我知道你结婚了
It doesn't have to be more than just being with you.
只要能和你在一起,一切都不重要
I can't.
我不能
Charlie, I...
查理,我
No. I can't. I'm a newlywed.
不行,我刚刚结婚
Maybe... like in some movie,
或者,像是一些电影里的场景
Sometime in the future, when we're old.
当我们老了的时候
Maybe then.
也许那时可以
I want you now. I don't want you old.
我现在就想要你,不是以后
I want you now.
我现在就想要你
I know you'll never leave him.
我知道你永远不会离开他
I can keep a secret.
我会保密的
No, Charlie.
不行,查理
Please.
别这样
Sally, don't run.
萨丽,别乱跑
Hello.
你好
Hello.
你好
My goodness, you're Mrs. Draper, aren't you?
天哪,你是德雷柏夫人
Hello. You must be Peggy.
你好,你一定是佩奇
I recognized your voice.
我听出你的声音了
So nice to finally meet you in person.
终于能一睹芳容了
This is Sally and Robert.
这是萨丽和罗伯特
We're here for our portrait.
我们来找他爸爸去照全家福的
Of course.
当然
I guess I knew that.
我想我知道
Is he in there?
他在吗
Um, not right now, but please go inside.
现在不在,先进去等吧
I'll be right back.
我马上就来
Joan?
Oh, my God, Joan, I need your help.
天哪,琼,我需要你的帮助
Let go of me.
别抓着我
Mrs. Draper is here,
德雷柏夫人来了
And they're having their portrait taken,
她们是来照相的
And he snuck out, and I don't know who to lie to.
但他出去了,我不知道应该对谁说谎
Calm down. Just breathe slowly.
冷静,深呼吸
Mr. Draper is out,
德雷柏先生出去了
And I don't think I'm supposed to know where he went.
我也不清楚他去哪了
That happens. But they're taking their pictures today,
就这样, 但是他们今天要拍照
and I would have reminded him,
我应该早提醒他的
but he slipped out before I could.
但他在我说之前就走了
It's his fault. He comes and goes and never says anything.
全是他的错,他从不说去哪
Where is he?
他在哪
I make an excuse to Mrs. Draper, she could catch him in it,
如果我向德雷柏夫人说谎,她有可能会识破
Especially if she just leaves.
如果她现在就离开
Or even worse, then he'll know
可能会更糟,因为他会知道
That I know where he was.
我掌握了他的去向
Where is he?
他在哪
I don't know.
我不知道
You do know,
你一定知道
And you're going to tell me,
你要告诉我
Or I'm not going to tell you what to do.
否则我不会告诉你怎么做
I can't believe you. Well?
你怎么能这样, 说吧
He sees this woman.
他去见一个女人
He saw her the other day.
他们在前两天也见了面
He came back all greasy and calm. No
他回来的时候很镇定, 不会吧
Oh, God. Now I've told you.
天哪,我都告诉你了
I'm the worst secretary in the world.
我这个秘书当的太不称职了
Who is she?
她是谁
I don't care. Please hurry.
我不知道,快点告诉我怎么办
Peggy, use your noodle.
佩奇,用用你的脑子
You're making this so complicated.
你把这个想的复杂了
You go out there, and you entertain her and her brats.
你出去,想办法哄哄她和孩子
Get some Hershey bars from the cart
拿些巧克力
and tell her you don't know where he is
并且告诉她你不知道他在哪
and you forgot to remind him.
你忘了提醒他了
It is the truth. And when he comes back, let him have an excuse.
这是事实,让他回来自己解释
He'll have one.
他会自己解释清楚的
And then you just start apologizing
你只需要道歉
for, well...
为了...
Just how stupid you are.
你的愚蠢
It's probably what I would have done anyway.
这大概是最后的解决方法了
Oh, God, now I really shouldn't have told you.
天哪,我真的不应该告诉你
You shouldn't have told me.
你本来就不应该
I'm not gonna tell anybody,
我不会告诉任何人的
but you shouldn't have told anybody that.
但你也不应该告诉任何人
This isn't how I imagined it.
这跟我脑海中设想的情形不太一样
I'm sorry.
抱歉
You keep saying you're sorry.
你不停地说抱歉
Where were you all this time?
这么久以来你在哪
Around. Here, mostly.
到处转转,大部分时间在这
I'm not mad at you.
我没生你的气
I just want to know.
只是想知道
I mean, look at you.
我的意思是
Who is Donald Draper?
谁是唐纳德.德雷柏
I mean, do you have a wife?
你有妻子吗
Kids?
孩子呢
I'm going to go.
我得走了
That's it?
就这样吗
Want me to pay for lunch?
想让我付午餐
No. Let me.
不, 我自己来
You didn't have anything.
你什么都没有点
I don't understand why you're being like this.
我不懂你为什么变成了这样
When I was little,
我小的时候
I used to imagine this day happening, and here it is.
我曾经梦想着这一天的到来,终于等到了
I don't understand. I'm family.
我不懂,我是你的家人
I just want to be a part of your life.
我只想成为你生活的一部分
Adam, that's not going to happen.
亚当,这是不可能的
I'm going to walk out that door.
我要走了
That's it.
就这样
I'm not buying your lunch...
我不会付午餐费
Because this never happened.
因为你所想的永远不会发生
I don't like black licorice, either.
我也不喜欢黑甘草味的
Are you sure we should wait?
你确定我们应该继续等
I think so.
是的
I can't believe I forgot.
我竟然忘记了
Oh, are you missing your lunch?
你会不会赶不上吃午饭了
No. It's okay. I brought it.
不,没关系,我带了午饭
Well, you'll probably be going out tonight.
你可能今晚会约会
Might as well take it easy.
还是放轻松点好
That's true.
是的
Do you have a boyfriend or a steady?
你有男友吗
Um, no.
没有
I work a lot.
我有很多工作
Some blind dates.
但有过几次相亲
I remember those.
我知道
The disappointments. Yeah.
很让人失望, 是啊
Mr. Draper's office.
德雷柏先生办公室
How's it going?
怎么样
No, thank you. I'm staying in.
谢谢,我还在
Mr. Draper treating you well? Yes.
德雷柏先生对你好吗, 是的
He's been very patient
他很有耐心
while I've been learning the ropes around here.
我在这学到了很多
Don't you just hate it when his mouth runs on and on?
他嘴巴一直说个不停会觉得烦吧
Excuse me?
什么
I'm joking.
开玩笑
You probably know more about him than I do.
你也许比我了解他多一点
You look so beautiful in that light.
这个光线下的你真美
You should take the picture right there.
你应该就在这儿照
Well, I... I did want to look good.
是的,我是想要看起来美美的
Mr. Draper. I'm...
德雷柏先生,我
The portrait.
照相
What happened? Where were you?
发生什么了,你去哪了
We were just about to leave.
我们都快要走了
I'm so embarrassed. I forgot to remind you.
太抱歉了,我忘记告诉你了
No, I forgot to check in before I went to the printer.
是我不好,去印刷厂之前忘记查了
I'm such a fool. I don't know where my head is.
我太笨了,我太心不在焉了
I'm so sorry, Mrs. Draper.
非常抱歉,德雷柏夫人
Please forgive me. No, it's nothing.
请原谅我, 没事,这没什么
All we need are some wet paper towels to get the chocolate off
在我们拍照前我们只要用湿巾
Before we go in front of the lens.
把巧克力擦掉就好了
We'll have to do that on the way.
我们路上弄吧
They must be waiting for us at the studio.
他们应该还在影棚等我们
Come on.
走吧
Nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你
Don't worry about it.
别担心
Thank you.
谢谢
They're terrible.
太难看了
No, they're not.
不会啊,照的很好
Don was late.
唐晚了
It ruins the whole thing.
迟到毁了所有的计划
Oh, Carlton's always late.
卡尔顿经常迟到
You can see what's important to them.
这就能看出什么对他们更重要
We're very important to them. Stop it.
我们对他们来说就很重要,别乱想
How'd you like to be in Helen Bishop's family portrait?
要是海伦·碧西伯的全家照你会怎么想
There's a big hole there, believe me.
人都不全,相信我
I want to take them again anyway.
反正我想重照
Sally looks fat.
萨丽看起来真胖
I don't think so.
我觉得还好
The worst part is, Don will think they're fine.
最糟糕的是唐认为照得不错
Here. Maybe this one.
看,这张
Blow that one up.
把这张放大
It'll hold you until the Christmas card.
色彩应该可以保持到圣诞节的时候
The color is off on these, too.
颜色都掉了
Am I wrong?
我错了吗
I really expect the royal treatment when I go to Don's office,
我很期待到唐的办公室会受到最好的待遇
and I seldom get it.
我很少有这种待遇
It's like walking into another country
就像走进另一个国家
where I don't speak the language.
他们都不知道我在说什么
At Carlton's, I feel like I'm stupid.
在卡尔顿那里,我觉得自己像个傻子
All that Manhattan talk.
全是曼哈顿式的谈话
Our husbands.
我们的丈夫
They are better out here, aren't they?
他们不在这时更好,不是吗
Infinitely.
非常好
We took your idea of product and applied it directly to the bank.
我们采纳了你的点子,直接向银行申请
Banking products, not household products.
银行用品,不是家庭用品
You said banking products weren't sexy.
你说过银行产品不太吸引人
We went down some really dumb roads,
我们的方法一致都很蠢
Like bank accounts for children,
就像开银行账户给孩子
and then Don, here,
接着唐的这个点子
had this Roman candle of an idea.
一下照亮了我们的视野
Don?
I think Paul has a handle on this.
还是保罗来介绍吧
The modern executive is a busy man.
现代的主管是大忙人
He leads a complicated life.
他的生活比较复杂
He has business expenses, family, leisure.
他有自己的业务花销,家庭花销,娱乐
How are you supposed to keep all that straight?
你要如何平衡这样的关系
Well, now Liberty Capital is going to help you with that.
就让自由资产帮助你吧
Okay.
好吧
What is this?
那是什么
An account for a man that is private.
一个男人的账户,纯粹私人的
The statements come to the office, not your home.
账单会寄到办公室,而不是家里
I see. For organizing your life.
懂了,为了规划你的生活
If it needs it.
如果需要
Liberty for the libertine.
给那些浪荡子更多自由
That's good.
不错
Does this say that to you?
您联想的可真远
It will if you put the word "private" in there instead of "liberty. "
如果用"隐私"代替"自由"会更好
Executive Private Account.
私人执行账户
What are you laughing at?
你笑什么
A portion of our customers are already, I believe, doing this.
我们有一部分顾客已经在这么做了
There's just no name for it,
只是没有正式的名字而已
and we had no way to charge them.
我们可赚不到他们的钱
I like the torch.
我喜欢那个火炬
It says, don't get burned.
它象征着别引火自焚
It could start some uncomfortable conversations
这也许会在很多家庭
in a lot of homes, but, uh...
引起不快的谈话,但是
it's better than a calendar.
但比日历要好的多
Let's talk placement.
我们谈谈怎么样安排
Hello.
你好
I opened everything but that one.
除了这个我都打开了(如果你改变了主意,到第五大道来)
One is about a roughneck on an oil rig
一个是关于钻井工人
who has to move to Manhattan
他不得不搬到曼哈顿去
because his wife's mother is sick.
因为他妻子的母亲病了
The other is about...
另一个是...
You know, I just finished reading it.
你知道吗,我正好读完
It's really a great story.
这是个不错的故事
Thank you. That means a lot.
多谢,这对我意义重大
It's nice to see someone's passion be rewarded.
自我价值得到体现的感觉很棒
You know what?
知道吗
I don't have a copy of it,
我还没有这个
And I wanted to give it to my girlfriend.
但我想给我女朋友看看
You said you got, like, 50 more copies, right?
你说你有50多本,是吧
Maybe I do.
也许是的
If not, it's on every newsstand in town.
如果没有,城里的任何一个报亭都有
Good to hear.
听你这么说真好
You're leaving?
你要走了吗
Yes. For the day.
是的,下班了啊
Oh, okay.
好的
I'm going home.
我要回家
You can reach me there if necessary.
如果有急事你可以在那找到我
I've always wondered why he's ignored me.
我总是奇怪为什么他不拿正眼瞧我
Probably because he's so goodlooking.
也许是他太英俊了
He can go outside the office for whatever he wants.
他一出公司,想要什么就有什么
Most of these fellas can't.
其他人却不行
He seemed different to me.
他对我来说恨不一样
Well, either way, you have to do your job.
怎么说你都必须做你的事
Keep his record clean here and at home.
继续维护他良好的形象
Honestly, if he sees that in you, you are solid gold.
如果他认可你了,你就真的成功了
That's my job?
这就是我的工作吗
Yes.
是的
That's his private life.
那是他的私人生活
Private.
私人
That's how these men are.
这些男人都这样
And it's why we love them.
这就是我们爱他们的原因
I don't love him.
我不爱他
Fine.
好吧
Look, if you're even thinking about passing judgment,
如果你只是一心想着评判别人
Then you're in the wrong business.
那么你就入错行了
You need to relax.
你需要放松
I have never come over here
我每次来这里
And not seen you with a look on your face
都没有看到你脸上写着
that said "I need a drink. "
"我想喝一杯"的表情
This job is odd.
这工作很奇怪
But it's the best.
但却是最好的
Listen, Kenny.
听着,肯尼
What?
什么
Listen, I know I've been a bear,
我知道刚才我很野蛮
but I've been competing neck and neck with people in this place.
我知道我和很多人都在竞争
I didn't know I was competing with you, too.
但没想到你也是我的竞争对手
You lost.
你输了
Hello, sweetheart.
你好,甜心
Hello, dear.
你好,亲爱的
Well... I have some good news.
我有一个好消息
Charlie Fiddich came by the house this afternoon.
查理·费蒂奇下午来了
Did he? Here?
真的吗,来这
I guess your lunch did go well.
我想你的午餐一定吃得很好
It wasn't lunch. I told you that.
不是午餐,我告诉你了
So what did he say? Don't tease me.
他说什么,不要捉弄我
He said he was going to get you published.
他说他要给你出版
That is incredibly swell news.
真是个天大的好消息
When? Where?
什么时候,在哪
Boys' Life magazine.
《男孩生活》杂志
What?
什么
It's a $40 fee,
四十块钱的稿费
And a lot of people read it.
这杂志很多人都读的
Are you kidding me? Boys' Life?
你没开玩笑吧,《男孩生活》
That story was good enough for The New Yorker
那个故事好到可以上《纽约客》
And don't act like those magazines do everything on merit.
不要拿这种杂志来可怜我
I thought you'd be happy.
我以为你会高兴
For a year's work.
一年的工作
You don't want me to have what I want.
你不想让我拥有我想要的
You're going to be published.
你的文章就要出版了
Boys' Life.
《男孩生活》
Probably next to some ad for exploding cigars.
也许在某些烟广告的后面
I could have gotten you in The New Yorker
我可以把你的文章放到《纽约客》
Or in the Encyclopedia Britannica
或者维基百科上
If I wanted to.
只要我愿意
So...
Why didn't you?
为什么不
Why would you do that to me?
你为什么要这样对我
Why would you put me in that position?
为什么要我陷入那样的处境
I talked to my father about the house in Cape May.
我和爸爸说了在开普梅的房子
He said our dates are good.
他说我们的日期选得不错
August won't be a problem.
八月不是个问题
That's good.
那很好
I wish it wasn't so far from the city.
我希望它不要离城太远
Then we'd see more of you.
那样我们就能多见见你
It's not that far.
没有多远
Well, I hate you spending August in the office.
好吧,我不喜欢你整个八月都呆在办公室里
Although I liked your girl Peggy.
虽然我喜欢佩吉
She's fresh.
给人一种清新的感觉
As the driven snow.
纯洁无暇
You sound disappointed.
你听起来很失望
Did you read some terrible article in Look magazine
你是不是在杂志上看了什么不好的文章
that I should know about?
我也可以看看吗
I like her.
我喜欢她
A woman can't just not remark on her husband's secretary.
一个女人不可能不评价她丈夫的秘书
Don, are you okay?
唐,你还好吧
No, I just might have to go back to the office.
没事,我在想要不要去趟办公室
I haven't decided yet.
但还没有决定
Phone!
有电话
I need to see you tonight. Are you busy?
我今晚想见你,你忙吗
For you? Of course not.
要见你,当然不忙
Good. I'm leaving now.
好,那我现在出发
From where?
从哪里
25 minutes.
25分钟后到
I don't even know what you drink.
我甚至都不知道你喝什么
Whatever you have.
你有什么我喝什么
I'm so glad you changed your mind.
我很高兴你改变主意了
Come in.
请进
Sit down.
请坐
I know it's terrible.
我知道这很乱
It's temporary, I... I hope.
这只是个临时住所,至少我希望是这样
Look at you.
看看你
You look more like you now.
你现在看上去才像是你
I came here because I wanted to talk to you
我到这来是因为想和你谈谈
And explain something to you.
并且向你解释一些事
You got to stop that kind of talk.
别这么说话
This isn't so hard.
这又不是什么困难的事
Adam, listen to me.
亚当,听我说
I have a life,
我有自己的生活
And it only goes in one direction:
而且它只有一个方向
Forward.
就是一直向前
What are you drinking?
你喝什么
Gin?
杜松子酒吗
I found it in one of the offices, under a couch.
我在一间办公室的沙发下面找到的
Three quarts.
还有三夸脱(容量单位)
I figured I could take one.
我觉得我可以喝掉一夸脱
Coffee.
咖啡
I can do that.
我给你弄点
So no Abigail, no Uncle Mack.
所以阿比盖尔走了,曼克叔叔也不在了
Nobody, huh?
没人了,是吧
I know. It's strange.
我知道,这很奇怪
Your office is really nice.
你的办公室太漂亮了
I figure from that award you must be pretty important.
可以看出你在公司一定很重要
I don't know. I guess so.
我不知道,也许吧
Well, everyone always said you were too smart for your own good.
所有人都说你总是会为自己做最精明的打算
Of course, Uncle Mack thought you were soft.
但是麦克叔叔却说你很软弱
But you're not, are you?
但你不是,对吧
No, I'm not.
是的,我不软弱
What are you doing?
你在干什么
That's $5,000.
这是五千美元
That's all there is.
全都在这了
I want you to take it, and I want you to leave New York,
我想让你收下,然后离开纽约
And I don't want to see or hear from you ever again.
并且我不想再看到或听到关于你的任何事
That's not what I wanted.
这不是我想要的
That's not right.
你这么做不对
That's all I can do for you.
这是我能为你做的一切了
You're serious, aren't you?
你是认真的吗
You thought I was dead.
你以为我已经死了
Just go back to thinking that.
继续保持这个念头,回去吧
Where do I go?
我能回哪去
Adam, it is $5,000.
亚当,这是5000美元
Make your own life.
开始你自己的生活
I have too much here.
我的生活都在这里了
It's going to be okay.
一切都会好的
How'd it go?
怎么样
Crisis averted?
问题解决了吗
Yes. Papers were on my desk.
是的,都搞定了
Do you want to go visit the kids?
你想去看看孩子们吗
No, I just want to go to sleep.
不了,我只想睡觉
I want to talk to you about something,
我想和你谈谈
and I don't want you to get upset.
但你不要生气
I won't.
我不会的
I know you hate going to my family's house in Cape May,
我知道你不愿去我在开普梅的家
and I know even though my father...
我知道尽管我爸爸...
No, it's great. It's great.
不不,这很好,去那很好
I'm looking forward to it already, I swear.
我已经很向往去那里了,我发誓
But I know you don't like that my father might be there for part of it.
但我知道你不喜欢我爸爸偶尔过去看看
I just don't like the way he looks at me.
我只是不喜欢他看我的方式
You took away his little girl.
你抢走了他的小女儿
I was thinking maybe we should
我在想我们应该
just buy a summer house.
买一个避暑的房子
Something closer that's ours.
近一点,我们自己的
I know we had a good year.
我知道我们今年有余钱
I don't know, Bets.
我还没决定,贝蒂
I think Cape May will be fine.
我觉得开普梅很好
We're not that flush right now.
我们现在的资金并不是像你想的那么充足
There's nothing to be worried about.
没什么可担心的
I'd just rather wait till next year.
我觉得等到明年会更好
Good.
好的
Because I like seeing my dad.
因为我喜欢看到我爸爸

重点单词   查看全部解释    
election [i'lekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选举

联想记忆
guarantee [.gærən'ti:]

想一想再看

n. 保证,保证书,担保,担保人,抵押品
vt

 
intense [in'tens]

想一想再看

adj. 强烈的,剧烈的,热烈的

联想记忆
lawsuit ['lɔ:sju:t]

想一想再看

n. 诉讼,控诉

 
complain [kəm'plein]

想一想再看

vi. 抱怨,悲叹,控诉

 
uncomfortable [ʌn'kʌmftəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不舒服的,不自在的

 
spread [spred]

想一想再看

v. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒
n.

 
calendar ['kæləndə]

想一想再看

n. 日历,月历,日程表
vt. 把 ...

联想记忆
temporary ['tempərəri]

想一想再看

adj. 暂时的,临时的
n. 临时工

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。