Good day ladies and gentlemen.
大家好,女士们先生们
This is Robert Hodge
我是罗伯特?霍奇
United States Attorney for the Southern District
南方地区美国联邦检察官
speaking to you here in New York City.
在纽约市跟大家讲话
My fellow citizens we are at war.
亲爱的市民们,我们处于战争之中
Not against a foreign potentate.
并非是与外敌
Not against a bloodthirsty despot.
并非是与残忍的暴君
We are at war against an army of hoodlums
我们对付的是一群无赖流氓
who have made our streets unsafe for decent people.
他们搅得鸡犬不宁,让正派人不得安心
Fear intimidation
恐惧,震慑
violence
暴力
these are the tools of this nefarious scoundrel known
这些是当今罪犯的
as the modernday criminal.
犯罪工具
From the Lower East Side to Harlem
从下东区到哈林区
Brooklyn to New Jersey
布鲁克林到新泽西
stretching as far south as Atlantic City.
甚至南伸至大西洋城
Bloodshed and mayhem are the currency
鲜血和伤害是这些
of these reprobates thugs and bootleggers...
恶棍,暴徒,私酒贩的流通货币
as they struggle for control of our nation's streets.
他们在拼力控制我们国家的街道
Both Governor Roosevelt and I remain committed
罗斯福州长和我都决心
to this battle which we must and will win.
坚持这场战斗,并一定要打胜
Together with the officers of Police Commissioner Mulrooney
携手莫鲁尼警察局长的手下
and District Attorney Crain
和地检官克兰
my staff and I are working round the clock
我和我的员工在昼夜不停
to make certain these cowards
努力将这些懦夫
are brought to justice.
绳之以法
I give you my solemn word
我严肃向大家宣誓
that I shall not rest till every man woman and child
直到每一个男人,女人,孩子都能
can once again safely walk our streets.
再次安全地走在街上,我绝不休息
This has been Robert Hodge
这里是罗伯特?霍奇
broadcasting from New York City.
在纽约市向您广播
19 men dead between us
我们加起来损失了19个人,
at least a million in lost revenue
收入至少亏损一百万
and no goddamn end in sight.
却还是没有停战的意思
Calm Mr. Thompson.
冷静点,汤普森先生
Yes you've been saying that for weeks.
是啊,这话你说了好几周了
Like all impetuous children
就像所有冲动的孩子
Luciano will make a mistake.
卢西亚诺终会犯错的
And while we're waiting
我们等待期间
how are we supposed to eat?
要怎么吃饭啊
Hey Nuck. What?
努克,怎么了,
12 of our trucks were firebombed.
我们12辆车被炸了,
Nearly 100 grand up in smoke.
近10万,炸没了
God fucking damn it!
该死的
You had mentioned Mr. Capone in Chicago.
你提到过芝加哥的卡彭先生
Perhaps with additional support
或许如果他肯出把力
He's cut me loose. Don't you get it?
他已经不管我了,你还不懂吗
We're on our own here.
我们只能靠自己了
All that happens happens as it should.
一切皆是天命
Then why see a doctor Sal?
那还去看医生干什么,萨尔
Why get out of the way of an oncoming train?
为什么要躲开迎面而来的火车
Why get out of the fucking bed in the morning?
早上干嘛要起床
I'm counseling restraint.
我是建议你控制自己
We are playing a game of chess.
我们在博弈
I've played chess and I've never had an opponent try to kill me.
我玩过象棋,还没遇到过想杀我的对手呢
I'm counseling action.
我建议行动
As in stringing this Luciano up by his fucking ball sack.
把卢西亚诺吊在老二上
You're tired. Understandably so.
你累了,这可以理解
As am I.
我也是
I will send more men to guard your trucks.
我会多派些人来保卫你的车
And in the meantime if Luciano shows a hair
在此期间,如果卢西亚诺敢探根头发出来
I will cut it.
我会砍掉它
Along with his fucking throat.
还会顺道划破他的喉咙
Car's ready Mr. Maranzano.
车备好了,马兰扎诺先生
Gave it a good scrubbing.
我洗过了
Got the bugs off your windscreen.
把挡风玻璃上的虫子都洗掉了
Bravo picciotto.
太好了,孩子
So we may all see clearly the road ahead.
这样我们都能看清前面的路了
Tired of waiting on him.
我等够了
Oh no that's okay. My pleasure.
不用,我很荣幸
Really but thank you.
真的,谢谢您了
We talked about last night.
我们昨晚谈过
Aren't you the kid told me he was hungry?
不是你跟我说饿了吗
Doing okay now.
现在没事了
Fill your gut a lot quicker with this than a shammy.
这个能让你马上就饱
How's that make you feel?
你觉得怎么样
What are you doing?
你干什么呢
It's all hands on deck ain't it?
不是人人都要出动吗
You're not part of this you understand?
你不能搅和进来,懂吗
Take Archie and Sean head to New York.
带上阿奇和肖恩,去纽约
For what?
干什么
I could be impetuous myself.
我也很冲动呢
If it ain't the macher of Willett Street.
这不是威利特街的大人物嘛
Your husband around?
你丈夫在吗
He went to Aqueduct for the morning.
他早上去阿奎德特了
Then I'll just grab what I came for.
那我就直奔我的目的吧
And the book.
还有那本书
I bought the book.
书是我买的
With what?
用什么买的
The money I had.
我的钱
Where'd you get the money?
你从哪儿弄的钱
You can't prove it.
你没有证据
I don't have to prove it you do.
我无需举证,你来举证
That's not how the law works.
法律不是这样规定的
Give it to me anyway.
先给我
You have a library?
你有藏书
Yes. How many books?
是的,多少本书,
Just that one for now.
暂时只有这一本
But it's the proper thing to do.
但这样才成体统
Who taught you that? Your mother?
谁教你的,你母亲吗
Everybody comes from somewhere.
人人都有个来处
Where do you come from?
你从哪里来
From here.
从这里来
Born here. Family's here.
生在这,家在这
Where's your family?
你家里人呢
It's rude to ask personal questions.
问私人问题是不礼貌的
I'm sorry to offend you.
抱歉冒犯了你
But here's our situation.
可我们的情况是这样
You stole all these things. I didn't
那些东西都是你偷的,我没有,
Except for the book.
除了那本书
A legal scholar such as yourself should know
身为法学学者你也该知道
that's called larceny.
这叫偷窃罪
You've been sleeping on the boardwalk.
你一直睡在木板路上
That's vagrancy.
这是流浪罪
So I could put you in a cell
我可以把你丢进牢房
and you can sit there until you decide to talk.
你在里面坐到想交代为止
Or I could help you.
或者我可以帮你
Why would you do that?
你为什么要帮我
You look like you might need help.
你看上去好像需要帮助
Where are your parents?
你父母呢
Who looks after you?
谁照顾你
Where did you learn what's proper?
你从哪里学的什么是成体统
915 Haddon Avenue.
哈登大街915号,
There's no Haddon Avenue in Atlantic City.
大西洋城没有哈登大街
It's in Trenton.
在特伦顿
Whose house is that?
是谁的房子
Nobody's house.
谁的房子也不是
Is it a school?
是学校吗
Is it an orphanage?
是孤儿院吗
My name is in that book.
那本书上有我的名字
If you take it you're stealing from me
如果你拿了它,就是偷我的东西
and you're certainly no gentleman.
你也就不是个绅士
I need you to pull all the prostitution cases north of 110th Street.
我需要你找出110街以北所有卖淫案
You need me to?
你需要
Mr. Hodge does.
霍奇先生需要
Right.
这就对了
I'm sorry okay? I don't make the assignments.
我很抱歉,行吗,我不负责指派工作
Would it be any different if you did?
假如换你来做,会有什么不同吗
Yes.
会的
I know you're good at your job.
我知道你业务精通
Mr. Hodge does too. It's just
霍奇先生也知道,只是...
you have to admit this is all a little sensitive
你也必须承认,你的家庭背景
given your family background.
有一点点敏感
Sensitive?
敏感
What is that code for? Thompson can't be trusted?
什么意思,姓汤普森的都不可信
If anyone felt like that you'd have been fired by now.
要是真有人这么想,你早被解雇了
Thompson. Or never hired in the first place.
汤普森,或者根本不会被录用,
Thompson.
汤普森
Call for you. All right.
找你的电话,好,
Thompson.
我是汤普森
Hello?
你好
Hey Willie it's your father.
威利,我是你父亲
Where are you?
你在哪儿
I'm in town.
我进城了
What are you doing?
你在做什么
I just flew into town and I was wondering if
我刚到城里,我想...
No I can't.
不,我不能
Maybe
或许...
No I can't.
不,我不能
I understand. I was just thinking I...
我明白,我只是想...我...
Not till this evening.
今晚之前没有
Okay. Okay.
好的,好的
Everything okay?
没事吧
Let me get you the rest of those files.
我去给你找文件
It's an orphanage in Trenton.
特伦顿的一家孤儿院
Doesn't seem to be a telephone.
好像没有电话
I can bring her back tomorrow
我可以明天送她回去
but it will be most of the day coming and going.
但是来回就要花掉大半天时间
Why did she run off?
她为什么逃走
I couldn't get it out of her.
我问不出来
Sounds rather harsh.
听起来很严酷
I didn't do anything. I brought her here.
我什么都没做,我带了她回来
She must have a reason.
她一定是有什么苦衷
Everyone has a reason.
人人都有苦衷
Murderers have reasons.
杀人犯也是有苦衷的
You said she stole cigarettes.
你说她只是偷了烟
I just mean you can only help someone so much.
我只是想说帮人是有限度的
Who are you trying to persuade?
你想说服谁
I'll take her back in the morning.
我明早就送她回去
It's all I can do.
我能做的就这么多
If that's how you see it.
如果你觉得合适就行
What do you want from me?
你还想让我怎么办
What do you want from yourself?
你想怎么办
I'm tr
我在
I'm trying to do the right thing here.
我是在做正确的事
I haven't even had supper yet.
我晚饭还没吃呢
Next time get here earlier.
下次早点来
You won't have to work so fast.
就不用速战速决了
Then I'd have to talk to you.
早来我就得跟你说话了
Mayn kleyne farbrekher.
我的小宝贝
Hey Talia. What?
塔莉亚,怎么了,
I think I left my tongue down there.
我的舌头落在你下面了
Ben Siegel. I can't believe it.
本?西格尔,这么巧
Hey Morris.
莫里斯
What brings you to the neighborhood?
什么风把你吹来了
Schnorrer upstairs owes me money.
楼上有个穷鬼欠我钱
Feigenbaum? Ah he's a prick and a half.
费根鲍姆吗,他可是个人渣
I don't name names.
我可没说是谁
John Hancock for my wife?
给我老婆签个名好吗
Everybody knows who you are.
你可是家喻户晓啊
Sure thing. Clara right?
没问题,叫克莱拉,是吧
Talia.
塔莉亚
I'm thinking of my aunt.
让我想起我姨妈了
My pop your pop same minyan at Bialystoker.
你爸和我爸在比亚韦斯托克同一个地方做祷告
Yeah he's praying for both of us.
是啊,他在为我们俩祈祷呢
Like that joke right?
就跟那个笑话似的,对吧
Rich man and a poor man.
一个有钱人和一个穷人
And they're both davening at the same
他们俩一起做祷告
Look who it is. Look Ben Siegel.
看看这是谁,本?西格尔
Talk about bad pennies.
还真是不速之客
Why you got to be like that for?
你这是什么态度
With you it's always crepehanging.
你就会扫兴
This is an important person.
这可是贵客
And please put on a dress. It's the middle of the day.
你穿上件裙子吧,大白天的
What are you
你这是
Oh fuck!
操,
Manténlo vivo.
留活口
Manténlo vivo.
留活口
Alive! Alive!
抓活的,抓活的
Yeah. What the hell's going on?
怎么回事
Stop shooting you fucking moron!
别开枪了,你个白痴
It's quitting time pal.
乖乖投降吧,兄弟
Now you and me
现在,你和我
No!
不,
Oh no. Don't.
不,不要
You come with me.
跟我走
I'm dying.
我要死了
So you're the one sliced off Tonino's ear?
你就是切掉托尼诺耳朵的那位
I'm dying.
我要死了
That was some loopy shit. I'm dying.
够变态的,我要死了,
What do you keep 'em in your dresser? Morris.
怎么,你收藏耳朵吗,莫里斯,
Maybe I keep yours. Okay! Okay!
我可以收藏你的,好了,我服,
Okay. I'm dying I'm dying.
我服,我要死了,我要死了,
You're not dying.
你不会死
Who wants to go on living like this?
谁想要这么活着
Hey Morris.
莫里斯
Morris abi gezunt huh?
莫里斯,保重身体
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样
Very pretty.
很漂亮
I wasn't quite so tall at her age
我像她这么大的时候都没她高
but better than cap and trousers.
但这总比帽子和裤子强
Yes ma'am.
是的,夫人
We should get started.
我们得走了
Oh there's something she'd like to say.
她有话要说
Yes?
说吧
I wish to make amends.
我想要赔罪
I beg your pardon?
你说什么
For the things I stole.
为我偷东西的行为赔罪
And how would you do that?
你要怎么做
By working.
工作
Working where?
在哪工作
She can help around the house.
她可以帮忙打扫房间
And I'll ask at the school. I'm sure others can use her.
我在学校也会帮忙问问,肯定有人会雇她
She has to go back to Trenton.
她必须回特伦顿
May I speak with you?
我能跟你说句话吗
You cannot leave her there.
你不能把她送到那去
It's where she belongs.
那里才是她该待的地方
No child belongs there. It's brutish.
没有孩子该待在那里,太野蛮了
You don't know that.
你怎么知道
I know what she told me.
是她跟我说的
She ran away.
她逃了出来
What do you expect her to say?
你以为她会怎么说
That is my point exactly.
说的就是这个
She can't stay here.
她不能留在这里
We don't have the room.
我们没有空房间
We don't have the money and we don't have the right.
我们没有钱,也没有这个权利
I will find her a situation.
我会给她找个工作
Girls are always needed.
女孩子找工作很容易
She has no one.
她没有亲人
Children her age are not wanted.
没人想要她这个年纪的女孩
You can't stop every bad thing.
你没法阻止所有坏事发生
Then why stop an any of them?
那干脆不要阻止了
Your desire was to help.
你是想帮助他人
This is what helping means.
而这就是帮助
Fanelli took a ride by the club.
法内利路过俱乐部
He didn't see hide nor hair of Maranzano or his men.
连马兰扎诺和他手下的毛都没看到
Probably hunkered down in the Bronx.
估计守在布朗斯在吧
He's working from his office the New York Central Building.
他在纽约中央大楼的办公室里工作
Park Avenue.
在公园大道
So we get one of the Vanderbilt broads to ice him.
我们得让范德堡董事会的人排挤掉他
Benny's on the line. Says it's important.
本尼在线上,说有要事
100 bucks says it ain't.
我赌一百块肯定是屁事,
Where the fuck are you? Atlantic City.
你他妈在哪呢,大西洋城,
I've been kidnapped. God damn it Benny.
我被绑架了,该死的,本尼,
He's in Atlantic City.
他在大西洋城
With some skirt? What else?
跟小妞鬼混去了吗,不然呢,
Listen to me you fucking numbskull.
听我说你个蠢货
Get your ass back here. Fuck you yelling at me for?
马上给我滚回来,你他妈吼我干嘛,
I've been snatched for Christ's sakes. I'm practically killed.
我被劫走了,老天,刀都架我脖子上了
I don't care how great a piece of ass she is.
我不管她在床上有多风骚
Get on the horn with this yentzer and
你跟这混蛋在电话里说吧...
He hung up on me.
他挂我电话
Who did?
谁挂的
Charlie. Why?
查理,为什么,
He's a fucking asshole. What do you want from me?
他就是个混蛋,不然呢
Is this for real?
他搞笑呢
Oh you want to play games now?
你现在想玩玩了吗
Don't hang up on me. Who's this?
别他妈挂我电话,你谁啊,
If you want to see your friend again
你要是想再见你的朋友
you'll listen to me very carefully.
你就给我仔细听着
I fucking told you I was kidnapped.
我他妈告诉你了我被绑架了
Shut you fuck up.
你他妈给我闭嘴
You there? Put him on.
还在吗,让他听电话,
He wants to talk to you.
他想跟你说两句
Hey Charlie. What's cooking?
你好查理,你还好吗
You all right? Sure.
你还好吗,当然好啦,
They took me to see the diving horse and everything.
他们带我去看会潜水的马什么的
Later on we're getting cotton candy.
之后我们还去吃了棉花糖
I told you to be careful didn't I?
我叮嘱过你要小心
I got a bullet in my leg. You gonna hock me now?
我腿上中了一枪,这能怪我吗
Put Thompson back on.
让汤普森接电话
I'm here. What do you want?
说吧,你想怎样,
A meeting so we can settle this bullshit.
坐下来把破事谈清楚
I'll meet you at your funeral. We can talk there.
我们可以在你葬礼上谈
You'll go to Siegel's before mine.
西格尔会走在我前头的
Interesting proposition. Let me think it over.
这建议挺有意思,我想想
You gonna be using that phone again?
你待会还要用这个电话吗
Why?
干嘛
I got to call Esther.
我得给埃斯特打个电话
It's Lag Baomer tonight. I said I'd be home.
今晚是数麦束节,我说了我晚上会回家,犹太节日,从以珥月的第十八天开始
Someone married you? Now you're talking shit about my wife?
你结婚了啊,你要开始骂我老婆了吗,
Just so happens I'm gonna be a father in a couple of weeks.
过几周我就要当爸爸了
Make up your decision.
决定好没
About what?
决定什么
I take that very seriously.
我很顾家的
Margaret.
玛格丽特
Sure I cat around.
没错,我是喜欢偷腥
But a good woman waiting for me? Never forget it.
但我从不会忘了家里还有个好老婆等着我
Is something going on? Rehearsing an act downstairs.
出事了吗,楼下在排演节目,
So any of you momzers rats me out about
你们哪个小杂种想提起
being at that gash's apartment...
我在那个小破公寓的事
You wanted confirmation. Hold on.
你想要确认来着,稍等,
I swear to god I'll pop a slug so
我对天发誓,我会从你屁股里塞鼻涕虫
far up your ass your back teeth
一直塞到你嘴里
Say it again.
你再说一遍
You've shorted 50000 shares
你做空了五万股
of the Mayflower Grain Corporation.
五月花粮食集团的股票
Short another 50000 in the morning.
今早再做空五万股
You're being awfully curt.
你这也太没礼貌了
Sorry. Please short another 50000.
抱歉,请再做空五万股
It's a big position. Meaning?
这事很大,什么意思,
The market will notice.
市场会注意到的
That's the point.
就是要让他们注意到
Come on get him up.
过来,把他扶起来
You have anything squirreled away? a bit.
你存了些钱吗,一点点,
Well take a short position yourself.
好,那你自己再做空点
I'll make my own decisions if you don't mind.
你不介意的话,我会自己做主的
Of course you should. Just trying to help.
当然,只是想帮忙
I appreciate your concern for my wellbeing.
感谢你对我的关心
But since I don't know what it is you're trying
但我不知道你是想帮我干什么
I have to go. They're rehearsing again.
我得挂了,楼下又开始排练了
Not even a handshake.
手都不握一下吗
What are you doing here?
你来这干什么
Passing through.
过路而已
To where?
去哪
You talk to your mother?
你跟你妈妈谈过了吗
Yes.
谈过了
What she say?
她说了什么
She saw you in Chicago.
她去芝加哥看了你
A good visit.
都挺好的
I screwed up Will.
我搞砸了,威尔
Pop. Got in over my head.
爸,我不知道我怎么想的,
Pop. Pop!
爸,爸
Can I I just want you I want you to know.
我能不能,我只想让你知道
Look whatever it is I can't hear it.
听着,不管怎样,我都不能听
You understand?
懂了吗
Yeah of course I do.
当然懂
Nobody needs the grief.
谁想听伤心事
Where are you staying?
你现在住在哪
Doesn't matter.
这并不重要
Look I
听着,我...
455 west 93rd.
93街西455号,
5D. Wait for me.
5D房间,在那等我,
Clean yourself up get something to eat.
洗个澡,吃点东西
And I'll
我会...
We'll sort it out.
咱好好谈谈了
Take it.
拿着
Take it.
拿着
You want money?
你要钱吗
What is it you want?
你要什么
I told myself...
我告诉自己
if he's doing okay then it was worth it.
如果他过得不错,那一切都是值得的
And here you are.
现在看到你了
Right side of the street.
就在街边上
That's all.
这就够了
Pop.
爸爸
Pop come on now.
爸爸,过来吧
What are you doing? Get off of me.
你干什么,放开我
Be quiet. Pop!
安静点,爸爸,
Let go! Pop!
放开我,爸爸
That's my son! Pop!
那是我儿子,爸爸,
That's my son!
那是我儿子
Got in the car and took off.
上车,快走
"One never knows the capacity of an ordinary hand satchel
"没有紧急情况逼迫,
until dire necessity compels the exercise
谁都想不到手提包能有多大容量
of all one's ingenuity to reduce everything
你得绞尽脑汁
to the smallest possible compass.
对一切精打细算
In mine I was able to pack two travelling caps
我的手提包里可以装下两顶旅行帽
three veils a pair of slippers
三顶面纱,一双拖鞋
a complete outfit of toilet articles
一整套盥洗用品
inkstand pens pencils and copy paper
墨水,钢笔,铅笔和复写纸
needles and thread a dressing gown..."
针线,睡衣..."
Yes a hand satchel.
是啊,一个手提箱
Don't take me back.
别把我送回去
Who's going to look after you?
谁来照顾你呢
I'll look after myself.
我能照顾好自己
You can't live out of a satchel.
你不能就靠个手提箱生活
Nellie did. Until she came home.
娜丽就可以,后来她回到了家,
She had to come home whether she liked it or not.
不管愿不愿意,她都得回家
I could help Mrs. Thompson
汤普森太太不方便时
when her time comes.
我可以给她帮忙
That's months away.
还要几个月呢
She's scared.
她很害怕
What? She's scared of something.
什么,她在害怕什么东西,
She told you that?
她跟你说的吗
You can see it.
能看得出来
Please. Let me stay.
求你了,让我留下来
What do you mean?
你什么意思
They lock you in a room.
他们会把你锁在房间里
They don't give you food or water.
不给你吃的喝的
They tell you you're born in sin
他们告诉你,你生来就有罪
that your whole life is a sin.
你的一生是罪恶的一生
You can never wash it away.
你永远无法洗刷你的罪孽
I didn't do anything.
我什么都没做过
I didn't
我没
She sailed around the whole world.
她坐船游遍了整个世界
All right now.
那好吧
All right.
好吧
Can you come with me?
你能跟我来一下吗
What for? You're needed.
干什么,我们需要你,
Don't worry about the uniform.
不用担心没穿制服
Good evening Sheriff Lindsay.
晚上好,琳赛警长
Good evening Mrs. Thompson.
晚上好,汤普森太太
Have you come to steal my husband away?
你是来把我丈夫偷走的吗
Just some county business.
只是处理郡里的一些事情
I'll tend to her.
我会照顾她的
Her niece.
她的侄女
She's visiting from Camden.
她从卡姆登来看我们的
Can I rely upon you or not?
你到底帮不帮我
Start supper without me.
不用等我吃晚饭了
There's one pet I like to pet
曾经我有个最爱的玩物
And in the evening we get wet
一到夜晚我们就尽享欢愉
I stroke it every chance I get
一有机会我就会挑逗它
It's my girl's pussy
那是我马子的小妹妹
Seldom plays and always purrs
从不乱玩耍,只会呼呼叫
And I love the thought it stirs
我最喜欢它绷紧的样子
But I don't mind because it's hers
但只要是她的我都爱
It's my girl's pussy
那是我马子的小妹妹
Often it goes at night
我们从晚上
Returns at break
玩到大天亮
No matter what
不管发生什么事
Can somebody shut him the fuck up?
能来个人让他闭嘴吗
One more sap his head will split open.
再来一下他脑袋都要开花了
What's so bad about that?
那不是件好事吗
Go put a gag on him.
给他戴个嘴套
Take three of you. Make it tight.
带三个人去,绑紧点
We bringing Maranzano in on this?
咱们要找马兰扎诺来处理这事吗
He's off playing chess.
他下棋去了
If Luciano doesn't bite
要是卢西亚诺不肯上钩
what happens with Ruth Etting up there?
我们该拿这个万人迷怎么办
I just need to know.
你得告诉我
What's so funny?
有什么好笑的
Me and you together.
就剩咱们俩了
Hey songbird.
挺能唱啊,小子
Hey get your fucking hands
手他妈放开
Shut the fuck up!
闭上你那张臭嘴
Hey everybody has their ups and downs.
谁没个得意失意时呢
Let me through. Let me through!
让我进去,让我进去
I came for him.
我要见他
Hold him. Get the fuck out of my way.
按住他,都他妈闪开点,
Hold him!
按住他
Settle down! Settle down! Come on!
别动,别动,用劲,
Bring him here.
带他过来
Fuck this.
他妈的
Archie.
阿奇
Put that away.
把刀收了
You better have a goddamn good reason for being anywhere near me.
这时过来,你最好有个好理由
See? Fresh as the dew.
看看,活蹦乱跳的
You know who I am?
知道我是谁吗
Salvatore Lucania.
萨尔瓦多?卢卡尼亚
Charlie Luciano.
现为查理?卢西亚诺
Occasionally Charles Lane or Charles Reid.
有时也叫查尔斯?莱恩或是查尔斯?雷德
Got the emmis on you.
挺了解你
What about him?
他呢
Meyer Suchowlansky.
梅耶?索贺兰斯基
Sometimes known as Michael Lewis.
有时也叫迈克尔?刘易斯
You have a brother Jacob.
有个叫雅各布的兄弟
Who am I?
我是谁
You're...
你是
Benjamin Siegelbaum. Shortened to Siegel.
本杰明?西格拜姆,简称西格尔
Two out of three huh?
三猜两中
Sorry Pink.
可惜了,平克
Benny Benny's not here right now.
本尼他人现在不在这里
What else do you know about us?
关于我们你还知道些什么
You uh
你们
You've been criminal associates since childhood.
你们俩打小就成了犯罪同伙
He's a lieutenant of Salvatore Maranzano.
他是萨尔瓦多?马兰扎诺的副手
And whatever happens to me
无论我的结局如何
sooner or later
或早或晚
you're all going to jail.
你们都得进监狱
Why is that?
为什么
Because the United States Attorney for the Southern District
因为南方地区美国联邦检察官
has staked his career on it.
跟你们杠上了
Sounds serious.
听上去挺吓人
Well this is more like a family matter.
我们绑你是因为私仇
What? He's the nephew right?
什么,他是努基的侄子,
That's the dope from the inside.
这事可能还没有多少人知道
There's something I want you to understand.
有件事我得跟你说明白了
I got no beef with you.
我跟你没有过节
But like you said...
但就像你说的
Friends since childhood.
我们毕竟是发小
So whatever your uncle does to Benny
所以无论你伯父对本尼做了什么
that's got to reflect on you.
你也将受到同样的待遇
I got nothing to do with my uncle's business.
我伯父的事跟我无关
I'm an assistant United States attorney in the office of
我可是联邦助理检察官
We'll go over your job history a little bit later.
待会再回顾你的职业生涯
All right? Enough Pink.
好吗,行了,平克
Yes? You and your boss have crossed the line.
喂,你跟你的老板玩过火了,
I'm my own boss Mr. Thompson.
我没有什么老板,汤普森先生
Put him on now.
让他说话
We get your attention?
肯理我们了
Let me talk to my nephew make sure he's okay.
让我跟我的侄子通话,确保他无恙
You want to talk fine.
想通话,可以
But we'll do it in person.
你本人亲自来吧
He was putting up the corner hotel.
他当时正准备修建街角处的旅馆
Never knew where he got the money you know.
我从不知道他哪来的钱
I was just a joiner's apprentice.
我当时不过是个木工学徒
But for some reason he saw me as a reliable man.
但出于某种原因,他觉得我是个可靠的人
So I did one thing for him.
所以我为他办了一件事
And then another.
接着又是一件
Then I put on a badge.
后来我当上了警官
Look what he's built for himself now.
看他现在住得多豪华
What's the task at hand?
现在的任务呢
You said you wanted to help.
你说过想帮忙
Here is opportunity.
机会来了
Go on.
进去吧
Aren't you coming?
你不来吗
I believe I'm done.
我的任务完成了
Mr. Lindsay?
琳赛先生
Mr. Lindsay.
琳赛先生
Where did the sheriff go?
警长去哪了
He was feeling poorly sir.
他有些不舒服,先生
Vague answer.
说了白说
It's all I know Mr. Whitlock.
我只知道这些,维特洛克先生
This is a private concern.
这件事属于私事
It goes without saying that discretion is paramount.
自不用说,保密是第一位的
Wait here.
在这等着
What happened to Lindsay?
琳赛人呢
He left matters to me.
他把事情交给我了
I'd counsel we address that later.
这件事一会再说吧
Leander will instruct you.
利安德会教你的
Conduct yourself with honor and...
注意你的品行
We'll discuss what happens next.
以后的事儿再商量
Yes sir commodore.
是,准将先生
Yes sir.
是,先生
Always a good boy.
一直这么懂礼貌
The commodore believes in the virtue of charitable acts.
准将喜欢行善事
Some of these acts are demonstrated in public some are not.
有些善事会公诸于众,有些则不会
To offer opportunity to the poor and beleaguered youth of the county
为了帮助县里贫困的年轻人
he enlists such as he can in service with an eye towards
他在位期间着眼于赞助她们
schooling them in the useful domestic arts.
学习有用的女红课
But not all children prove suitable.
但并不是所有的孩子都适合
And there is a limit to how much they may be helped.
她们也不全都是那块料
You will bring her to this address.
你送她去这个地址
You will make clear to the mother
和她妈妈说清楚
that no further compensation will be forthcoming
以后再不会有补助
and no further inquiry will be brooked.
也不许瞎打听
Are you capable of that?
你办得到吗
What the fuck they waiting for?
他们等啥呢
So take off if that's what you want.
想走就走吧
What do I get for sticking around?
我留下有什么好处
What do you have in mind?
你想要什么
The club clear title. 5% of everything else.
俱乐部的有效产权,其他收入的5%
All right.
好,
I didn't think you'd say yes.
没想到你会同意
Caught me in a good mood.
赶上我心情好
You have a gun? I need to know.
你有枪吗,我得弄清楚
This has to stay controlled.
一切都要在掌控之中
I don't even have cigarettes.
我连烟都没有
Nothing without my sayso.
我不发话都不许动
We need to see him. Same here.
我们要看看他,我们也是,
You all right Will? Been better.
你还好吗,威尔,不咋地,
Take the gag off.
把嘴里的东西拿掉
Khamoyer. Vos Makhstu?
小子,没事吧
Get me the fuck out of this huh?
快他妈把我弄回去
Why we came Benny.
本尼,我们都来了
Guns down make the exchange.
放下枪,换人
Hey let go of me!
放我走
Wait! Hold it! Hold it! Nobody
等下,住手,停,不许
Fuck you! Fuck you Thompson!
操你的,操,汤普森
Eli you're gonna get us all killed. I don't give a fuck!
伊莱,你会害死我们的,我不管,
Lick the piss off my shvantz
尝尝爷的尿吧
you piece of Jersey shit. I'll fix it.
新泽西傻逼们,我来搞定,
You like that cocksucker? All right?
喜欢吗,王八蛋,好吗,
I don't care! I'll fix it.
我无所谓,我会搞定的,
We'll fucking bury you! Your whole fucking family!
我们要给你们这个操蛋家族送终
We had an agreement.
我们说好的
Name somebody you ain't fucked over.
你自己说,有谁是你没骗过的
Teaching me a lesson? This is business.
你想教训我,这是生意,
And I want all of yours
我要你的全部家当
down to the last pasty in that ratass strip joint you run.
包括你那家狗屁脱衣舞俱乐部
And Cuba. Whatever you got down there.
以及你在古巴的一切
What then? Decide that later.
然后呢,再说,
Hey Charlie. Mickey.
嘿查理,米奇,
I just something to consider.
我就,考虑一下
Mickey. We all swim in the same waters.
米奇,我们是同一条船上的,
Whatever beef you two got
不管你们之间有什么过节
I've been running that place the last seven years.
我可是在那经营七年了
You don't need to be throwing the baby out
你用不着把我扫地出门
Shut the fuck up for once. Look out!
闭嘴,小心,
You son of a bitch! Hold on! Stop!
狗娘养的,住手,停火,
Put them down!
放下枪
Stop! Everybody stop! Stay calm!
住手,全都住手,冷静,
You fuck!
你他妈的
It's yours.
归你了
Everything's yours. Let him go.
全归你了,放他走
What's everything?
到底多少
What I have.
我所有的
All I've ever had. Atlantic City.
我曾拥有的一切,大西洋城
What do you think?
你觉得呢
I think I'd like to see him on his knees.
我想看他下跪
Make my friend happy.
让我朋友高兴高兴
Now you know how it feels.
现在你也尝到滋味了吧,参考第一季
I underestimated you Charles.
我低估你了,查尔斯
That was a mistake.
大错特错了
You're much smarter than I gave you credit for.
你比我想的聪明多了
And what's that make you?
那你呢
Dumber than I knew.
比我想的蠢得多
Good words for the headstone.
好句墓志铭
I'm giving you what you want.
你想要的我都给你了
Let him go. Ah just fucking kill him.
放他走,宰了他,
Kill him kill the kid kill 'em all.
他和那孩子,把他们全宰了
Grab it anyway.
反正都是你的
Mouths of babes.
说的话真是幼稚
That won't solve your problem.
那不能解决你的问题
And what problem's that? Maranzano.
那是什么问题,马兰扎诺,
I'll get to him. Unless he gets to you first.
我会逮到他的,除非他先逮到你,
Don't say it doesn't worry you. It's all you think about.
别说你不担心,你只担心这个
24 hours
给我24小时,
I take care of it.
我会处理好的
I take the risk
我来冒这个险
and you let him go.
你让他走
Hey jerkoff. What?
蠢货,什么事,
Let's get steak and eggs.
我们去吃点牛排鸡蛋吧
Get him in the car.
把他弄到车里
You deliver and we deliver.
一命换一命
What'd you just do?
你刚做了什么
I don't know.
我不知道
Capone made over a million between '25 and '29.
卡彭在1925年到1929年间收入上百万
Failed to report a nickel.
一分钱也没有上报
22 counts of willful evasion of income taxes.
故意逃避所得税达22万,
Bootlegging gambling extortion
走私,赌博,敲诈
that money is all taxable.
这些收入都应该纳税
Specific violations of the Revenue Act of 1926.
特别是违反了1926年出台的税收法案
Tell me about these ledger books.
给我讲讲这个分类账簿
Profits losses expenses
利润,损失,花费
all laid out in black and white.
白纸黑字记得很明白
With a witness willing to testify.
有了愿意指控的证人
We're ready to move on him sir.
我们已经可以把他拿下了,长官
We can trace the money.
我们可以追踪那笔钱
We can prove the crimes.
我们能证明他的罪行
And we can put this crook in jail.
可以把这个恶棍抓进监狱
Gentlemen...
先生们
you've got your warrant.
我同意签署逮捕证
Bureau of Internal Revenue.
国税局
We have a subpoena for Mr. Salvatore Maranzano.
我们有萨尔瓦多?马兰扎诺的传票
Aiut aiuta
帮,
Aiutami!
帮我
Where the heck have you been?
你去哪里了
Maybe I shouldn't ask.
或许我不该问
That'd be a good idea.
不问最好
Well get cleaned up.
去洗洗干净
Hodge is on his way and he's loaded for bear.
霍奇在来的路上,他会发火的
What's going on?
发生什么事了
Cripes did you even see daylight?
天啊,难道你没看报纸吗
Salvatore Maranzano was murdered this afternoon in his office.
萨尔瓦多?马兰扎诺下午在他的办公室被杀了
Couldn't have gone cleaner.
下手非常利落
In and out five minutes.
一共只用了五分钟
All people saw were hats.
大家只看到了帽子
Any problems we have our friend on the inside.
以防万一,我们在内部也有眼线
What else?
还有吗
Atlantic City.
大西洋城
Give it to Pinky.
交给平克吧
That's a big bar mitzvah present.
好大一份成年礼
Somebody's got to run that shithole.
总要有人管那个地方吧
Something more important.
其他的事更重要
We got to set this meeting.
我们得安排会面
Sooner is better.
越快越好
Everyone from Pittsburgh to podunk.
从匹斯堡到小乡镇的所有人
Lay out the rules before people get their own ideas.
在人们有想法之前先定好规矩
Now I can make these phone calls.
我可以打几个电话
That'll be the easiest.
那是最简单了
Most of these guys we all cut our teeth on Mulberry Bend.
我和他们基本都在桑本德长大
So when they hear it from me
所以当他们接到我的电话
We're gonna handle it Johnny.
我们会处理的,约翰尼
These are big changes.
这可是巨大的变革
I want to be sure everything goes
我想确定所有事都
We appreciate all your advice.
我们感谢你的建议
Couldn't have done it without you.
没有你我们是做不到的
Jesus look at you alter kockers.
天啊,看这群老头子
We celebrating or not?
我们要不要庆祝一下
This could be a good year Charlie.
今年会很棒的,查理
So what are you waiting for?
所以你在等什么呢
Let's pop those bottles already.
开酒啊
Let's get this thing going.
让我们闹起来
Here you go. Let's cut a rug.
给你,跳起来
Who is it?
谁,
Joe Harper.
乔?哈珀
It's unlocked.
门没锁
Thought you might want it cleaned up in here.
我本想来打扫一下
Not right now.
现在不需要
You want refills on those?
你要续杯吗
Just clear the empties.
把空杯子拿走就行了
All the booze out.
把所有酒都拿出去
Do you know what happened?
你知道发生了什么吗
You won.
你赢了
Mickey Arquimedes
米奇,阿基米德
they're not coming back.
他们都不会回来了
Understand?
你明白吗
What's it like when you see it?
你当时是什么感觉
You tell yourself it's quick.
你告诉自己,很快的
But you don't know.
可你也不知道
You can't know until it's you.
除非死的是你
And then you'll never tell anyone.
可那样你也没法告诉别人了
Is the club staying open?
俱乐部还会继续营业吗
Ask the new boss.
问你的新老板吧
You know there's things I can do for you.
我至少还可以为你做些事
Sure.
当然
You can sweep the sand.
你可以去扫沙子
Sorry?
什么
That's 1000. Maybe more.
这里有一千块,可能还不止
Go be a plumber or a bookkeeper
去找个水管工,会计之类的活儿吧
or the President.
或者当总统
Sir?
先生
Just take the money.
把钱拿着吧
Take it.
拿着
Then do whatever you want you stupid hick.
爱干什么干什么,你个蠢蛋乡巴佬
But do us both a favor
但是行行好
and get the fuck away from me.
离我他妈的远点
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Business took longer than I expected.
被公务耽搁了
It's my job.
这是我的工作
I don't have a choice. You know that.
我没得选,你知道的
Mabel?
梅布尔
What did you say to her?
你对她说了什么
What?
什么
What did you say?
你说了什么
Nothing. What She's run off.
没什么,她跑了,
When?
什么时候
I was asleep.
趁我睡觉的时候
She take anything?
她偷走了什么吗
I don't know. Did you look?
我不知道,你没找找吗,
Why would you even ask me that?
你为什么会问我这种问题
Because she's a thief.
因为她就是个贼
She is a thief. That's what she is.
她就是个贼,仅此而已
She was someone who needed help.
她只是需要帮助
I tried. I tried.
我试过了,我尽力了
I care about you.
我更在乎你
I care about the family we're going to have together.
我更在乎我们即将拥有的家庭
That's all that matters to me.
这才是对我来说最重要的
You can't fix everything.
你没法帮助所有人
Come back.
回来
Please come back.
回来吧
What is it you expect me to be?
你到底想让我怎么样
"Dear Sheriff Enoch. "
亲爱的伊诺克治安官,
You came to my aid once
很久以前
a very long time ago.
你曾对我施过援手
I write in the last hope that you can find it
我怀着最后的期望写下这封信
in your heart to think of me once again.
但愿我在你心中仍占有一席之地
As a child and for most of my life thereafter
自当我从孩童开始,以及以后的人生中
I only did what I had to do to survive
我的一切作为不过是为了求生
making a devil's bargain
与魔鬼做了交易
and in the process giving birth to a child
生下了一个孩子
fathered by a man I did not love.
却不爱孩子的父亲
With no hope of reprieve
过去的七年以来
and with everything in this world taken from me
我一直被监禁于此
for the past seven years I have been held captive.
形如槁木,心如死灰
I feel as if I am in hell
终日如临地狱
which is a pain worse than death.
生不如死
Taken away one piece at a time.
心智被一点点地蚕食
You are the only one left who knows me.
你是我在世上唯一的亲友
Please tell them who I was before.
请告诉他们我之前的样子
You promised not to return me
你曾答应过我
to a place determined to crush my soul.
不会将我送回流离之所
Show me the same kindness now
请怜悯我一下
that you once showed an orphan girl under the boardwalk.
就像当年你怜悯木板路下的那个孤儿
I know in your way you thought you could save me.
我知道你曾以为自己可以拯救我
Would it have been better for both of us if you had not?
如果你没有拯救我,会不会是件好事
We were innocent once.
我们都曾是单纯无罪的
Every moment here is a torture I cannot describe.
身处此地是一种无时不刻的折磨
As a girl and for most of my life thereafter
自当我从孩童开始,以及以后的人生中
I did what I had to do to survive.
我所做的不过是为了挣扎求生
I do not look for absolution but only relief.
我不求宽恕,但求解脱
I gave birth to a son fathered by a man I did not love.
我生下了一个孩子,却不爱孩子的父亲
Everything in this world has been taken from me.
我形如槁木
With no hope of reprieve.
心如死灰
I go back over what I have just written.
我反复检查着自己刚才所写下的文字
I look at the words and think they make sense.
我看着这些词句,认为自己言之有物
And with each passing day I am less and less certain.
但每过一天,我就愈发怀疑自己的理智
Bit by bit
他们一点点地
they take you away until all you are...
蚕食着你的身心,最终...
I tell myself I am sane.
我告诉自己我没有发疯
...and finally nothing at all.
最终你一无所剩,
If you would come if you would sit beside me...
如果你能来,能够坐在我身旁...
You are the only one left who knows me.
你是我在世上唯一的亲友
Show me the same kindness now that you once showed an orphan girl.
请怜悯我一下,就像当年你怜悯木板路下的那个孤儿
There is forgiveness for everyone.
每个人都应被宽恕
I turn to you on my knees.
我愿屈膝下跪
I beg you."
请求你"
Please help me.
帮帮我吧