手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 新闻编辑室 > 新闻编辑室第三季 > 正文

新闻编辑室第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第4集 威尔出席大陪审团调查

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Unbelievable. Unbelievable.

难以置信,难以置信
That is a subpoena for a reporter to appear
那张传票要求一名记者
before a grand jury. If they had grand juries in
出席大陪审团调查,如果东德有大陪审团
East Germany and East Germany still existed,
而且东德还存在
then that's where we'd be right now.
那我们一定就是在东德
Put it away, Rebecca.
放起来吧,丽贝卡
And nobody says a word about this to anyone tonight.
今晚谁都别对谁说
What happens now? Monday morning,
后面怎么办,周一早上
he'll appear before a grand jury.
他要去出席大陪审团调查
He'll be asked to name his source and he'll say
他会被要求说出线人,他会说...
No problem. He'll refuse.
没问题,他会拒绝
Tuesday morning, the prosecutor
周二早上,检察官
Who wants Will's head hung in his den.
想把威尔的脑袋挂在自己家里
will go to a judge to
会去找法官
get an order for Will to answer the question.
要一份法庭命令要求威尔回答问题
Wednesday morning, armed with the order,
周三早上,有了这份法庭命令
the prosecutor will ask him again and he'll refuse again.
检察官会再次发问,他会再次拒绝
Thursday morning, we appear before the same judge,
周四早上,我们去找同一名法官
who the prosecutor will inform that Will has refused
法官已经从检察官那里得知威尔拒绝
to comply with a court order and then
服从法庭命令,然后...
Everybody goes home.
大家都可以回家了
Because you're too big to jail?
因为你名气太大不能坐牢
That's right. Will, you've been wrong about everything.
没错,威尔,你到目前都是错的
Every step of the way. Do you really think this administration
每一步的判断都错了,你真认为本届政府
is going to lock up a reporter...I didn't think they'd raid.
会把记者送进大牢, 我还没想到他们会搜查
a newsroom and that happened....who exposed a disinformation
新闻编辑室呢,还不是发生了,还是揭露了
campaign that resulted I didn't think Neal would have
一宗不实大新闻的...我还没想到尼尔
to flee extradition, and Neal's in Venezuela.
得逃去非引渡国呢,他如今在委内瑞拉
And I didn't think they'd have the sack to subpoena you,
我还以为他们没胆量传唤你
but you've just been served by a kid in a rented tuxedo.
但你刚刚被一个穿租来西服的小毛孩递了传票
And the reason the kid was wearing a tuxedo
那毛孩子之所以租了西装
was because they don't want to make any noise.
就是因为他们不想引人注意
Or maybe they sent out a press release.
或者他们刚刚发布了新闻稿
No shit.
我去
You know what this is gonna be? Yeah.
你知道他们会怎么写吧,嗯
"Will McAvoy, hypocrite in a monkey suit."
"威尔·麦卡沃伊,穿礼服的伪君子"
It's been posted on Carnivore,
登在"肉食动物"上的
but it's been picked up by everybody.
但大家都转载了
Carnivore? It was posted on Carnivore?
肉食动物,是登在肉食动物上的
Also, what the hell is Carnivore?
而且,那是什么鬼啊
It's a new website that just got its first scoop.
是刚刚挖到第一个猛料的新网站
"ACN won't be attending the Saturnalia of incestuous ingratiation..."
ACN不会出席乱伦狂欢的酒神节
I remember that. "That does little to instill confidence
这话耳熟,这个活动努力想令大众相信
in the public that the press isn't ensorcelled by the powerful."
媒体并未被权力所迷惑,但收效甚微
I have to go find someone. Don.
我得去找个人,唐
Lead the team on the Kundu story
带领团队报道坎都新闻
which has to be on the air by Wednesday night.
一定在周三晚前播报
That's in four why does
那只有4天了...为什么
it have to be on the air by Wednesday night?
非要在周三晚前播报
Because it does.
没有为什么
You and I need to talk. Yeah. Not here.
我们得谈谈,不能在这儿
Will, I'm Mimi Tassler with BuzzFeed.
威尔,我是BuzzFeed的米米·塔索勒
Nice to meet you. Any comment on the story in Carnivore?
认识你很高兴,要评述一下肉食动物的新闻吗
I was wrong about the Correspondents' Dinner.
我之前不该那么评论白宫记者晚宴
I forgot what a great time I always have.
我忘了我每次玩得多开心了
Will, I'm Zachary Webber with Politico.
威尔,政客网扎卡里·韦伯
Do you want to comment on the story?
要评价一下报道吗
Sure. I probably need to read it first.
当然,但我大概得先看到
I'm going back to the hotel. You can't.
我要回酒店了,不行
No, I can't stay here. Think for a second.
我不能留下,动动脑子
What's the reason we came here in Pruit.
我们今晚为什么来,普鲁特
We have to sit with Pruit.
我们得跟普鲁特坐下谈谈
I've had a minute with him and so far it's going badly.
我跟他谈了一小会儿,进展不顺利
You don't think he's going to buy the network?
你觉得他不会买下电视台吗
No, I think he is.
不,我觉得他会
I've never heard of Carnivore. It's new.
我根本没听说过肉食动物,新网站
Why do they have names like that?
为什么要起这样的名字啊
Carnivore, Vulture, Beast, Gawker.
肉食动物,秃鹫,野兽,掴客
I don't know.
不知道
And why do gossip columnists always sound like gossip columnists?
而且八卦专栏为什么总是那么明显
Finke, Weasel, Snitch, Frump.
告密者,小人,碎嘴子,老妈子
I'm not familiar
我没听过
with Snitch, Weasel, and Frump. What do you read?
碎嘴子,小人和老妈子呢,你都看些什么啊
Well, I read Jonathan Weasel on a regular basis
我经常读乔纳森·小人的文章
before clicking over to AngrySpiders.com.
然后去浏览愤怒蜘蛛网站
Anyway, my answer to your question
总之,回答你的问题
You'll tell me later.
你回头再说
We were thinking about calling it a night. It's early.
我们想先回去了,还早啊
Don and I were just given a new deadline on a story.
唐和我刚刚被布置作业了
What's the deadline? Wednesday night.
哪天截稿,周三晚
Gonna rent a car and drive back to New York tonight.
我要租辆车,今晚就开回纽约
I'll go with you.
我跟你一起走
Maggie and I were just discussing an ethical dilemma.
玛姬和我正在讨论一个道德困境
She has a friend who's dating a woman
她一个朋友在约会一个女孩
who just started writing for a website called Carnivore.
她刚刚开始为一个网站,肉食动物撰稿
We should go. I just want to hear what they think.
我们该走了,我就想听听他们的看法
Maggie's friend thinks that websites like this are toxic
玛姬的朋友认为这种网站是荼毒社会
and are poisoning our national conversation and culture,
不利于国民的关注焦点和文化
but he likes the girl.
但他喜欢那姑娘
So my question is, would he date a drug dealer?
所以问题来了,他会跟毒贩约会吗
How would you like to handle this?
你会怎么做
Wait. Yeah.
等等,没错
She works for Carnivore. Of course she works for Carnivore.
她是"肉食动物"的人,很显然啊
I just said you'll tell me later as I waved them over.
我跟他们打招呼的时候就让你回头再说了
How could you not pick up on that cue?
你怎么就没听懂我话里的意思呢
I've never been good at that. You're terrible at that.
我不怎么擅长这个,你是完全不行
Yeah, so we're gonna go
我们去取车
get that car and pick you up at the hotel.
然后在宾馆门口接你
Cool. I
好的
Listen. Not yet.
听我说,过会说
Drug dealer? He said that. I didn't say that.
毒贩,他说的,我可没说
You're talking about this with Maggie?
你连这事都和玛姬讲吗
It came up at work. What came up?
工作时提起的,提起什么
It just
就只是
your new job.
你的新工作
Your disapproval of me came up at work?
你上班时提到你不喜欢我的工作
The page view incentives in your contract.
你合同上写着凭浏览量支付薪酬
They're bonuses, you judgmental prick.
那是奖金,你这是三观不正
And why don't you believe in me?
你为什么不相信我
Why do you assume that as soon as I take a job like this,
你为什么会认为我只要接了那份工作
I'm gonna be an asshole? I don't think that you're
我就会变成混蛋,我没这么觉得
Yes, you do. Why?
你就是这么认为的,为什么
How did Carnivore get that story about Will?
肉食动物怎么搞到那篇有关威尔的报道
Did you see my byline on it? No.
你看到上面有我的署名吗,没有
No. 2,000 reporters and
两千名记者时刻等着
he thought he was going to get away with it?
他还自以为能够逍遥法外吗
He didn't knock over a bank.
他没有抢银行
He sang an aria about
他洋洋洒洒地
how messed up the Correspondents' Dinner was,
描述白宫记者晚宴有多糟糕
said ACN wasn't going and then showed up.
先表示ACN不会去,然后又去了
You weren't aware of the aria until I told you about it.
要不是我你都不会知道他说过那段话
That story was waiting
那条新闻早就准备
and ready to go and I'm the one who leaked it.
报道出去了,是我先提前泄露的
It wasn't going to be a secret.
总会被所有人所知的
You had nothing to do with it?
你真的和这篇报道无关吗
I told them what to look for.
我告诉他们该去哪找消息
Yeah. If I hadn't,
好吧,如果我不这么做
I would be betraying my job,
我就对不起这份工作
and you know that.
你也很清楚这点
You know that. It's horrible that I got it from you, but
是吧,我很抱歉我是从你这得到的消息
Listen, the new HR guy at AWM,
听着,AWM人力资源部新来的那位
Wyatt Earp
怀亚特·厄普
Not his name. Wyatt Geary.
他不叫这名,怀亚特·吉里
He's onto us, me and Sloan, and he wants me bad.
他盯上我和斯隆了,盯得我特别紧
He's gonna come asking questions, and when he does, you say...
他如果来问你问题,你就说
Don and Sloan are just colleagues.
唐和斯隆只是同事
Should you guys be standing next to each other?
你们俩不该站一起吧
Yeah, what are you doing standing next to me?
对啊,你干嘛站我边上
I really don't know.
我不知道
Scatter.
I'm sorry.
对不起
I'm sorry, too.
我也对不起
I get it. Do you?
我懂,真的吗
Where have you been? Looking for someone.
你去哪了,找人去了
We're supposed to be talking to Pruit.
我们该去找普鲁伊特谈了
Listen, a little while ago...
那啥,就刚才...
Nothing. You sure?
没事了,你确定吗
Yeah. Let's talk to Pruit.
确定,我们去找普鲁伊特吧
Lucas.
卢卡斯
Books are like the new art, don't you think?
书就是新艺术,你赞同吗
Yes. No. I have no idea what you mean.
赞同,不,我没听懂你在说什么
We don't need them anymore, but they look nice.
虽然用不到,但看着还不错
We don't need books? Not on paper.
不需要书了,不需要纸质版的了
I'll send you a Kindle, Grandpa Joe.
送你台Kindle,乔爷爷
You'll like it.
你肯定会喜欢的
I'm Will McAvoy.
我是威尔·麦卡沃伊
MacKenzie McHale.
我是麦肯兹·麦克黑尔
If you say you're not gonna come to a party
如果你说过你不想来参加宴会
and you say it loud to a million people,
而且还是当着上百万观众说的
you can't show up to the party.
那你就不该来啊
He came to talk to you because
他来找你谈是因为
you said you wanted to meet him at the party.
你说你想在宴会上见见他
Why did you want to meet him at the party?
你为什么想在宴会上见他
Are you fucking kidding me? Take it easy.
你他妈在逗我吗,淡定
I won't take it easy. The position you put him in,
淡定不能,你把他整得这份田地
all of us, for a laugh?
把我们所有人搞成这样,只是开个玩笑
It was not for a laugh. Don't be a child.
才不是开玩笑,别幼稚了
It was an exercise of power.
我只是想试试我的权力
You shoved the Lansings around for years
你玩弄兰辛母子那么多年
and I wanted to let you know
我想即刻让你们知道
right off the bat that I'm not impressed by ratings.
我并不在意什么收视率
Second, I want you to know that I'm not in this for the trophy.
其次想让你们知道我这么做不是为了名声
I'm in it for the ratings. I'm just kidding.
是为了收视率,好吧逗你们的
But really, second place does nothing for me.
不过说真的,排第二对我毫无意义
Good, 'cause as of last week, we're in fourth.
很好,因为上周我们排第四
I don't know how you managed to swing that.
我不知道你是怎么办到的
I was very proud of our Boston coverage.
我为我们的波士顿报道感到自豪
Proud is generally what
自豪一般都是
people pretend they are when they've lost.
输家拿来当作借口的东西
Cryptic is generally what people are
神秘一般都是
when they're trying to pretend they possess supernatural powers.
用来描述拥有超能力的人
Okay, we've gotten off to a rough start.
好吧,看来我们的开场对白不太友好
Lucas, we're naturally curious about
卢卡斯,我们很想知道
your plans for the network.
你对电视台未来的打算
What if I told you you could be the number one news network
如果我告诉你我打算打造首席电视新闻台
and change the world at the same time?
并且同时改变世界
Change it into what?
改变成什么样
A place where people say snappy, sardonic things like that.
一个大家都直截了当进行讽刺的世界
Hey, we really have to do
我们现在真的得
better at talking to each other right now.
更加友好点交谈了
Who are you looking for? Me?
你在找谁,问我吗
You've glanced around a couple of times.
你已经回头了好多次
Nothing, I'm here. Is that accent real?
没什么,我在听呢,你这口音是真的吗
Can we please cut the shit?
能别扯开话题吗
I'm gonna infuse ACN with tens of millions
我会给ACN的预算里
of new dollars in your budget. How does that sound?
注资数千万,怎么样
I'm gonna get 18 to 25yearolds to watch the news
我要吸引18至25岁的人来看新闻
so it can support itself
让电视台能维持运营
and so it doesn't die when you do.
等你们死了它还能继续运转下去
The news gathering and newscasts
新闻采访和新闻播报
will have tentacles in every reach of the Internet.
要遍布互联网的每个角落
Interactives, podcasts, live streams,
包括互动媒体,播客,直播
Tumblr Tumblr, Facebook,
Twitter. Facebook还有Twitter
We'll make our audience reporters in the field
我们可以让观众在Instagram和Vine
through Instagram and Vine,
以及Snapchat和博客上
Snapchat and blogs. You still with me?
参与报道,你们能跟得上我的思路吗
Our users become the audience
我们让用户成为观众
and our audience becomes contributors.
观众再成为投稿人
That's my plan.
这是我的计划
Needless to say, I'm impressed by your indifference
不必说,你对才能,经验和诚信的
to talent, experience, and credentials.
漠视程度让我叹为观止
And I assume the absence of the words truth, trust,
我相信,你的目标宣言里
and professionalism in your mission statement was an oversight.
绝对没有事实,信任和专业这几个词
Your contempt for the secondrate
这和你蔑视二流水准
seems to be a contradiction, too,
也似乎是矛盾的
since you believe the best reporting
因为你觉得最好的报道
is done by anyone with a phone
只要有部手机就能完成
and the time it takes to write "Epic fail."
所耗用的时间只与写下"辉煌不再"这几个字相当
And as an old guy, I've got a lot more respect
作为一个老人,我比你更尊重
for 18 to 25yearolds than you do
18至25岁的年轻人
'cause I don't believe their heads will explode
因为我不相信
if you stop patronizing them for an hour a night
没有你每晚花一个小时对他们颐指气使
and tell them what the fuck's going on in their lives
告诉他们世界上究竟他妈出了什么事
and maybe even in the lives of other people.
他们的脑袋就会爆炸
The air up on that pedestal must be pretty thin,
台上一定空气稀薄
'cause you are delusional, sir.
因为你都产生幻觉了,先生
If I am, I plan on staying that way.
如果真是如此,我宁愿一直如此
And my network's staying, too.
我的电视台也是
We've got a problem now, you and me.
我们之间有很大的分歧
Have a good evening.
祝你有个愉快的晚上
You knew that the documents were stolen by the source?
你知道文件是线人偷来的吗
Yes, sir. You knew the documents were classified?
是的,你知道文件是机密的吗
Yes, sir. Did Mr. Sampat tell you anything about the source?
是的,桑帕特先生有和你说过线人的事吗
Yes, sir. Did Mr. Sampat tell you his name?
是的,桑帕特先生告诉你线人的名字了吗
Yes, sir. Will you tell us the name of your source?
是的,你能告诉我们线人的名字吗
No, sir. Let me phrase that differently.
不能,我换种方式再问一遍
Would you tell the grand jury the name of the person
你能告诉大陪审团
you know to have stolen classified government documents
这个从政府盗窃
containing secrets, which if made public,
包含可能威胁国家安全信息的
could calamitously threaten our national security?
绝密文件的线人的名字吗
No, sir, I won't.
不,我不会说的
At this time I'll excuse the grand jury until 10:00 AM Wednesday,
此刻,我要求陪审团退席至周三上午十点
at which time I will return with a court order
到时我会带回一张法庭庭谕
compelling the witness to answer that question.
要求目击证人回答这个问题
Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.
谢谢诸位
And, Mr. McAvoy, you can step down.
麦卡沃伊先生,你可以离席了
Does anybody know if they got that guy out of the country?
有人知道他们抓到逃到国外的那个人了吗
The writer. The guy who wrote the fake story.
那个作家,伪造故事的那个
Been over a week since the government's known about the breach.
政府知道那事已经一周了
They would have pulled him, right?
他们会把他撤离出来的,对吧
You would think so, but we need to find out.
你想得没错,但还是要去核实
Oh, come on!
见鬼
Come on in.
请进
Don't look at any of these papers, don't look down,
别看这些文件,别低头看
and don't ask anyone what they're doing. Got it.
也别问任何人在做什么,明白
I just wanted to ask you in person
我只是想亲自问你
why you haven't accepted my friend request on Instagram.
你为什么还没接受我在Instagram上给你发的好友请求
It was the very next thing I was gonna do.
我忙完手头的事就去
How about now? Sure.
不如就现在吧,好吧
Gary, toss me my phone.
格雷,把我手机丢过来
Martin, can you read this over,
马丁,你来看一遍
and if it looks good to you, take it to Mac?
如果觉得还不错,就拿去给麦肯
Sure.
Accepted. Awesome.
接受了,太棒了
Come in.
进来
It's from Don and it says "Take to Sloan"
是唐给我的,上面写"拿给斯隆"
and then it says "Sabbith" In quotes.
然后引号里写了"莎碧斯"
I was told to read it.
他让我看一遍
Do you think it meant take to Sloan Sabbith
你觉得是要我拿给斯隆·莎碧斯...
Was the new HR guy just down there?
新的人事专员刚刚在那里吗
Yeah, how did you know? It's his Instagram password.
对,你怎么知道,这是他Instagram的密码
Nice try, but my mama didn't
想得美,除了我兄弟们
raise a fool unless you count my brothers.
我妈可没生过笨孩子
So I don't know what we just did, but I'm gonna go back to work.
我什么都不知道,回去工作了
Yeah.
去吧
Have you been outside today?
你今天出去了吗
How do you think I got from where I live to where I work?
不然你觉得我是怎么从家里来上班的
I just mean it's a gorgeous day. Shut up.
我只是想说天气不错,闭嘴
All right.
好吧
There has to be another way.
得有别的办法
There has to be another buyer for this network in the next
得有另一个要买电视台的买家,在之后的...
Few hours? Few days.
几小时中,几天中
Elon Musk,
埃隆·马斯克
Larry Ellison,
拉里·埃里森
Antoinette Dodd,
安托瓦妮特·多德
Michael Michael Bloomberg?
迈克尔...迈克尔·布隆伯格
Do you know any of those people? I know all of them.
他们中有你认识的人吗,全都认识
But Leona and Reese told you they exhausted
但莉安娜和里斯告诉你,他们竭尽全力
all their options before they went to Pruit.
他们没别的法子了才去找普鲁特
They exhausted all their options for keeping control of AWM
他们想尽了不出售ACN又能控股AWM的法子
before selling us, but they didn't necessarily
但这不代表
exhaust their options of who to sell us to.
他们对我们的买家没得选
Look, I want what you want,
听着,我跟你想的一样
but this is big business and you're a news director.
但这是笔大生意,你只是新闻部主任
You don't know what you're doing.
你不知道你在干什么
You can't just write down names of rich people.
你不能就随便写几个有钱人的名字
I didn't just write down those are all people
我不是随便写的,这几个人
who would be interested in media buys.
都可能对传媒收购有兴趣
Elon Musk isn't interested.
伊隆·马斯克就没兴趣
Michael Bloomberg has his own media company.
迈克尔·布隆伯格有自己的传媒公司
Larry Ellison is busy winning the America's Cup.
拉里·埃里森忙着美洲杯夺冠呢
Toni Dodd
托妮·多德
Antoinette Dodd. What?
安托瓦妮特·多德,什么
This is unbelievable. What?
难以置信,什么
It's just so help me Hannah
真是,汉娜保佑
I read in Page Six, like, two weeks ago
我大概两周前在《第六版》上看到(八卦杂志)
that Toni Dodd was looking to buy a media group.
托妮·多德正在寻求入手传媒集团
I remember because I thought,
我之所以记得是因为我当时想
"This is exactly what
这不就是
happens to Melanie Griffith in 'Working Girl.'"
《上班女郎》里梅拉尼·格里菲思的情节吗
And, hand to God, I was on the Staten Island Ferry at the time.
对天发誓,我当时正在史泰登岛渡轮上
But there was nothing I could do with that information,
但是那则消息没什么意思
so my mind went to how
所以我就在想
good a young Alec Baldwin was in the movie.
年轻时的亚历克·鲍德温在电影里表现如何
And whatever happened to that Carly Simon song?
卡莉·西蒙那首歌是怎么回事
You think Toni Dodd wants to buy a news network?
你觉得托妮·多德想收购一个新电视台吗
Page Six wouldn't say it unless it was true.
要是假的《第六版》就不会报道了
And she has in the area of $4 billion?
她手头有40亿美元吗
That's not how it works. Nobody has $4 billion.
不是这样的,没人有40亿美元
But, yes, she has $4 billion.
但确实,她有40亿
Are you able to call her? She'll take your call? Yeah.
你能给她打电话吗,她会接你电话吗,会
You need to set up a meeting
你尽快安排
for her and Leona as soon as humanly possible.
她和莉安娜见个面
Leona can't meet with another
莉安娜在跟普鲁特
buyer while she's negotiating with Pruit.
谈判期间,不能跟其他买家会面
Friendly, informal, offtherecord meeting.
非正式的友好秘密会面
Pruit will go away. Not fast or far enough.
那普鲁特会走人的,走不了多远
I know you don't like the guy, but
我知道你不喜欢那家伙,但是
It doesn't matter that I don't like him.
我喜不喜欢他不重要
It matters that I'm scared of him.
重要的是,我现在很怕他
You were scared of Reese and Leona,
你以前也很怕里斯和莉安娜
but you turned them around.
但你成功改变了他们的想法
You'll fight with Pruit and you'll win.
去跟普鲁特斗争吧,你会赢的
I don't want to fight with anybody, Sloan. I'm tired.
我不想跟任何人斗争,斯隆,我累了
I don't want to expand the definition of the news.
我不想扩充新闻的定义
I want to narrow it.
我想缩小它的范围
We'll be right back at the beginning, only worse.
我们要退回起点,只会更甚
I can't fight these fights with this guy.
我不能跟这个家伙争这些
I won't win.
我赢不了
We can meet with her.
我们可以去见见她
You and me? Yeah.
你和我吗,对
But quietly.
但要偷偷地
'Cause there's one option worse than Pruit,
因为比普鲁特更糟糕的是
and that's this place getting
这个地方
sold for parts and a lot of people out of work.
被拆分出售,还有一大帮人失业
Very quietly.
神不知鬼不觉
And now.
马上就去见
How'd it go? Exactly the way we said it would.
情况怎么样,跟我们预期的一样
Now Lasenthal goes to a judge
拉森索尔去请求法官
to get court to compel Will to answer the question.
开庭逼迫威尔回答那个问题
Now, tell me what's happening in here.
跟我说说这里进展如何
Tell me we'll be able to run the story by Wednesday night.
告诉我周三晚就能做这篇报道
We've got the motive, but we don't have the ringleader.
我们找到动机了,但还没找到罪魁祸首
The motive is what we thought it was?
动机是我们先前想的那个吗
To disrupt and delay their elections. We've got that cold.
破坏推迟他们的选举,这点我们很有把握
Elections that would have yielded a hardline Islamic government.
产生强硬派伊斯兰政府的选举
Democracy is good as long as we like the outcome.
只要结果让我们满意,民主就是好的
Yes. How do you circle that square?
没错,你怎么把这歪理说正的
By knowing that Islam is a religion and not a form of government.
我知道伊斯兰是个宗教,不是某种政府形式
When it becomes one, it is fascism.
一旦变成政府,那就是法西斯
And the 38 dead bodies?
那38个遇难者呢
Are a bargain compared to what it'll cost us in blood and money
比起五年后我们轰炸基地组织的新据点
when we have to bomb the place five years from now
所要耗费的人力物力
because it's alQaeda's new home office.
这真算不了什么
But we've got a different problem.
但还有个问题
The writer of the story, we think he's still on the ground.
我们认为这篇报道的作者还在那里
Don and I are each talking to a different source at State.
唐和我跟各自的国务院线人谈过
When I asked my source if the writer was out,
我问我的线人这个作者离开那里了吗
he said, "I don't know. Is he?"
他说"我不知道,他离开了吗"
They're trying to slow down the story.
他们想拖慢我们报道的进度
Then my guy said, "No, the writer is not out."
但我的人说"没有,作者还没离开"
Do you believe him? 5050.
你相信他吗,一半一半吧
But when our story comes out that this guy worked with the US,
但如果我们报道出这家伙跟美国合作
they're gonna slit
他们就会
the throats of his children right in front of him
当着他的面割开他孩子们的喉咙
and then drag them down Main Street,
然后把他们拖到大街上
so I don't want to pick the wrong 50.
所以我可不想搞错
Extend your arbitrary deadline. It's not arbitrary.
延长你随意定的期限吧,那不是随意定的
Work with State, get the guy and his family out today.
跟国务院配合,今天就把他和他家人救出来
It's night in Kundu.
坎都现在是半夜
The phones don't work at our embassy at night?
我们大使馆的电话晚上就不能用了吗
What are you working on? A piece.
你在忙什么,一篇报道
You're not allowed to tell me?
不允许你告诉我吗
I don't want to fight right now.
我现在不想吵架
I don't either.
我也不想
I'm really glad you said that.
我很高兴你这么说
Do you mean that?
你是认真的吗
I have to go back to the office tonight.
我今晚得回办公室
We're crashing on a deadline I don't even understand.
我们在忙一个让我摸不着头脑的截稿期
I just want to eat my sandwich near you for a while.
我就坐你旁边吃个三明治
Sometimes you say that and then you ambush me.
有时候你嘴上这么说,然后突然变调
What are you working on?
你在忙什么
My editor wants me to write more personally.
我的编辑想让我写点更私人的看法
Like an oped?
像专栏评论一样吗
What's wrong with opeds? Nothing.
专栏有什么不好的,没什么不好的
What are you writing about?
你要写什么
I pitched a few, but the only one they liked
我列出了一些,但是他们只对
was my experience with the Plan B pill.
我在B计划避孕药上的经验感兴趣
Cool.
不错
Come on. I said cool.
得了吧,我说不错
You said more than that.
你说的可不止这些
What's wrong with writing in the first person?
用第一人称写怎么了
What's wrong with sex? And what's wrong with my new job?
写性方面的怎么了,我的新工作怎么了
Hallie, I said cool.
哈莉,我说不错
You're not going to give me a hard time about this?
你不打算刁难我一番吗
I'm your boyfriend. It is my role to support you.
我是你的男友,支持你是我的本职
It's a role I'm grateful to have and I want to do it well.
我很高兴能支持你,也想好好支持你
Thank you.
谢谢
Sorry I jumped the gun. No problem.
对不起我乱发脾气了,没关系
Does your piece begin, "Dear 'Penthouse,'
你的文章开头是不是"亲爱的《阁楼》
I've never written a letter like this before"? Motherfucker!
我从未写过这样的信" 去你妈的
You know how this is gonna end, right?
你知道最后会变成什么样吧
Please don't directly address my client.
请不要直接跟我的委托人讲话
We're in chambers, Counselor.
咱们在内庭呢,律师
I don't care if we're in your fucking hot tub.
就算咱们泡在热浴缸里也不行
Hey, I'm on a government salary. I barely have a bathtub.
我拿的是政府的工资,勉强买得起浴缸
Good morning.
早上好
Morning, Judge. Good morning, sir.
早上好,法官,早上好,先生
Does anybody need any coffee or anything?
有人想喝咖啡或者什么吗
No, thank you, Judge. No, thank you.
不,谢谢,法官,不,谢谢
Mr. Lasenthal, how can a man with your resume
拉森索尔先生,像你这样的精英
possibly let this happen?
怎么会任由这种事发生
Your Honor, there's a limit to my ability
法官大人,我的能力有限
to let or not let things happen.
没法阻止事情的发展
Not much of a limit.
不是特别有限吧
Mr. McAvoy is aware of the identity of someone
麦卡沃伊先生知道
who has committed in excess of 27,000 counts of theft
偷窃超过27000件政府财物
of government property, disclosure of classified documents,
泄漏机密文件
and conspiracy to commit espionage.
并共谋犯下间谍罪的人的身份
The suspect remains at large and presents
该嫌犯现在潜逃中
a clear and present danger to national security.
他对国家安全是个明确的威胁
Why is he not protected by the First Amendment?
为什么他不受到第一修正案保护
Because the court in Branzburg denied the press
因为布莱兹伯格一案的法院裁定
First Amendment protection when they're subpoenaed
新闻工作者在罪案调查的大陪审团前
to testify before a grand jury in a criminal case.
不受第一修正案保护
Counsel?
辩护人
Sir, the court in Branzburg also said
先生,布莱兹伯格一案也表示
that a journalist need not comply with a grand jury subpoena
当存在恶意骚扰时
where there's bad faith or harassment.
记者无需服从大陪审团的传唤
The government has raided my client's newsroom,
政府部门搜查了我客户的编辑室
seized hard drives, and threatened him
拿走了硬盘,还威胁
with criminal prosecution under the Espionage Act.
要以间谍罪起诉他
In this case, a journalist participated in the crime.
本案中,一位记者参与了犯罪
He didn't pull on a ski mask, Judge.
他又没有戴着面罩到处抢劫,法官
He may have unwittingly He didn't do anything unwittingly.
他可能无意中,他根本不是无意的
He is the senior editor You are speculating on
他是ACN在线的,你是在向第三方
of ACN Digital. whether a third party
资深编辑,投机...
All right, all right.
好了,好了
Mr. McAvoy, is there anything you'd like to say?
麦卡沃伊先生,你有什么想说的吗
I haven't heard a request from the prosecutor, sir.
我还不知道检察官的要求是什么
Am I crazy, or have you argued in my court?
我是疯了吗,你是不是在我的庭上办过案子
You're not crazy, sir.
你没疯,先生
Brooklyn Criminal Court, Part C.
布鲁克林刑事法庭的刑事庭
How'd I do? You were very fair.
我判得怎么样,很公正
Does Your Honor need to recuse himself?
法官大人需要回避吗
I want counsel to take care of this.
我希望辩护人能自行解决这事
I don't want to see the press
明天早上我上班时
on the steps when I come in to work tomorrow.
不想看到台阶上围了一大群媒体
And I absolutely don't
我也绝对不想
want to see you in my courtroom on Thursday,
星期四在法庭上见到你
which I strongly suspect is what's going to happen
不过我强烈觉得还是会见到你们
as Mr. McAvoy does not strike me
因为我不觉得麦卡沃伊先生
as someone who is likely to cave,
在有这么多人关注此事时
especially with everybody watching.
会向你妥协
It was foolish of you, Mr. Lasenthal.
你实在是太不明智了,拉森索尔先生
The DOJ should not have let it go this far.
司法部不该让事情发展到这种地步
The Department of Justice,
法官大人
Your Honor, is not playing a strategic game.
持法部门并不是在玩什么策略游戏
We have to arrest his source
我们必须得逮捕他的线人
and the government of the United States
美国政府部门会
will avail itself of every legal measure to do that.
利用一切法律手段来达到目标
The government's request is granted.
政府部门的要求得到批准
Mr. McAvoy, you're directed to appear
麦卡沃伊先生,明天早上
before the grand jury at 10:00 A.M. tomorrow.
十点之前你要在陪审团之前到场
I have a logic problem. Maggie, what's going on over there?
我有个逻辑的问题,玛姬,怎么回事
His logic is inconsistent. How?
他的逻辑根本不通,为什么
He doesn't believe the
他认为
source should have leaked classified documents.
线人本不该泄漏机密文件
Neither do I. But he's unwilling to help law enforcement
我也这么想,但是他却不愿帮助执法部门
capture the source by identifying him.
指认他,抓到线人
He can't. I'd be unwilling and so would you.
他不会这么做,我和你也不会
I know, but following that logic,
我知道,但按这个逻辑
he should also not be willing to broadcast the story.
他应该也不愿意报道这个事件
If he believes no one should ever leak
如果他认为没人应该泄密
because it poses a critical threat,
因为这会带来严重的威胁
then why is he broadcasting the story?
那为什么他还要报道这个事件
Well, I can't speak for Will, but I will.
我不知道威尔怎么想,但我会报道的
This leak, he believes, is a good leak.
他认为这次泄密本意是好的
What he's very reasonably worried about is the bad leaks.
他真正担心的是恶意的泄密
So he'd prefer there are no leaks.
所以他希望没有任何泄密
You and Will are making the same unilateral decision
你和威尔都和泄密者一样做单边决定
you don't want a leaker to make.
这种决定是你不想让泄密者做出的
I trust strangers less than I trust me.
相比陌生人,我更相信我自己
Your logic is consistent, though horrifying.
你的逻辑尽管前后一直,依然很吓人
No one's gonna ever guess you guys are a couple.
没人会以为你们俩是情侣的
All right, listen. Listen up.
大家都听好了
He's refusing to leave without his kids
他不带上孩子就不会离开
and his youngest kid
而且他最小的孩子
doesn't have a passport. Jesus. All right.
还没有护照,天哪,好吧
We got to get the kid a passport.
我们得给那孩子搞个护照
The State has to expedite that.
国务院必须要加快速度
The State Department can only issue US passports.
国务院只能派发美国护照
They've got to walk over to the embassy And tell them what?
他们得走到大使馆,然后怎么说
Where are we? Just...
现在什么情况,等等...
We need a favor. Whatever it is they do.
我们需要求个人情,尽力办到
Can I talk to you a minute?
我能跟你谈一下么
The youngest of his three kids doesn't have a passport.
他三个孩子中最小的那个没有护照
State's got 30 hours to get him one.
国务院还有30个小时给他办护照
We are talking to midlevel people
跟我们谈的都是中层人士
and the US Department of State
而美国国务院
isn't hopping to it when we give them instructions.
才不会听我们的指示呢
You have to tell me why we have to air the story
你得告诉我为什么我们要明晚前
tomorrow night and not a week from tomorrow night.
报道这条新闻,而不是一周后的明晚
All right, I'm gonna be out for about four hours.
好吧,我要出去大概四个小时
Once we run the story, we've shot the hostage.
一旦我们报道了,我们就杀了人质
Will has no more leverage.
那样威尔就没有筹码了
If we don't run the story, why don't we all just go home?
如果我们不报道,我们还不如都回家呢
Four hours. Don't ask me where I was when I come back.
四个小时,我回来时别问我去哪了
And what we say is important is important.
我们说什么重要,那就是很重要
The news reflects back to us our national character
新闻是对国家品性的反映
and I don't like seeing
而且我不想看到
a bored and boring teenager in the mirror.
反映出来的是个无所事事的年轻人
What we say is important is important.
我们认为重要的新闻就重要
It's a solid business, Toni.
这是个可靠的生意,托妮
Lockedin carriage contracts
锁定的电视传输合同
with every MVPD and they're staggered.
有多频道视频节目发布权,能够交叉互利
The carriage fees are due for a hike
传输费用很快就会上涨
that could double revenues by itself over the next decade.
这样在接下来的十年就会有双倍收入
Can you talk about valuation? Earnings before interest?
那估值和息前收益呢
You'll look at our books and see it's in the sweet spot
你可以看我们的账目,这些都不错
and the deal would be accretive to your earnings.
而且这项交易会增加你的收入
It would pay for itself? And then some.
我会收回成本,还会赚一些
Have you decided what you would like?
您决定要点什么了吗
A news network.
一家新闻网
You were on fire in there.
你刚才在那太给力了
I didn't understand half
我有一半都不懂
or really any of what you were saying, but
或者说是根本都不懂你在说什么,但是
You were able to follow when
当她说周四和董事会见面
she said she's meeting with her board on Thursday
而且会给我们一个想要的答案时
and she thinks we'll have an answer we'll like?
你还是能听懂的吧
Just tell me one thing. Is she eccentric?
就告诉我一件事,她古怪不
How do you mean? She didn't eat her food.
什么意思,她没有吃东西
She pushed it around a little,
她随便扒拉了几下
but she plainly doesn't like sushi.
但她很明显不喜欢寿司
Why set a meeting at a restaurant where they only serve sushi?
那为什么在一个只有寿司的店见面
Boss, you may be overthinking that.
老板,你可能是想多了
That's hardly ever the problem.
这几乎都不算个问题
We'll find out Thursday.
我们到周四就知道了
It's ahead on the left.
就在前面左拐
Just here.
就这里
You can keep the meter running.
你可以不停表
No umbrella? You either.
没带伞,你也是
Should we sit in your car?
我们可以去你车里吗
They may be tapping my car.
他们可能在监听我的车
I disabled the GPS, but they can still get in.
我关闭了GPS ,但他们还能黑进我的车
We need more time. I told you tomorrow night.
我们需要时间,我说了明晚
Lilly. Tomorrow night or I just have to upload the documents.
莉莉,明晚,要不我就上传文件
The writer of the story We're the writer of the story.
那则新闻作者,我们是新闻作者
Joseph Bartho, who physically wrote the story,
约瑟夫·巴罗,真正的作者
whose name is on it, and who is paid by the US government,
报纸有名字的那人,美国政府给他付钱
is still on the ground because
但他还在当地,因为
one of his kids doesn't have a passport yet.
他的一个孩子没有护照
If we run the story before Bartho and his family are out,
如果我们在他和他的家人走之前报道新闻
the bestcase scenario is he gets a trial before he's executed.
最好的情况是他死之前还能有一次审判
And if you dump the documents without them being vetted,
而且如果你在未审查的情况下公布文件
there's a very good chance other people will be in danger.
很有可能另外一些人会陷入危险
You really don't need to speak to me like I'm dimwitted.
你真的不用当我是傻子一样跟我说话
Please lift the deadline.
拜托往后推迟
Give me a reason to trust you.
给我一个信任你的理由
You already did. You reached out to us.
你已经信任了,你找到了我们
Not the other way around.
不是我们找到了你
But you've been talking to the government.
但你一直在跟政府交流
We got an invitation to
我们是受政府邀请
talk to the government. It's called a subpoena.
跟政府交谈的,那东西叫传票
They also made an unannounced dropby called a raid.
他们还未经通知来访,那叫突击搜查
I'm not talking about that.
我不是说那些
You said that you've been
你说你一直在跟
working with the government to vet the material.
政府合作,核查那些文件
Of course we are. You trust them?
我们当然要这么做,你相信他们吗
In my way. You don't trust them any more than I do.
可以这么说,你不比我更相信他们
Please lift the deadline.
请延长最后期限
I reached out to Neal, not to you.
我联系的是尼尔,不是你
Well, Neal's in Venezuela, Lilly.
尼尔在委内瑞拉,莉莉
And you know what?
你知道吗
Why aren't you?
为什么不是你
Why haven't you said,
为什么你不说
"This has gone too far. Let's switch places. "
这事太过分了,我们换个位置
"I'll go to a country with no extradition treaty. "
我去一个没有引渡条款的国家
"You're now free to disclose my name. "
你们可以随意公开我的名字
"Neal can come home and Will can stop spending his days "
尼尔可以回家,威尔也不用在大陪审团前
"in front of a grand jury." Why hasn't that happened? "
浪费时间" ,为什么不是这样
You really think the price
你真的以为
for telling the truth should be that high?
说出真相的代价有这么大
No, I don't.
不,我不这样想
I promise the story will be reported.
我保证报道会被播出
Well, I can't promise anything.
我不能保证任何事
Really? Look, McAvoy's a Republican.
真的吗,麦卡沃伊是位共和党人
I know he thinks I'm a criminal. He's a journalist.
他认为我是在犯罪,他是位记者
His politics don't have anything
他的政治观点没有任何
"Worstperiodgenerationperiodeverperiod."
"这个史上最糟糕最悲剧的年代"
That was spoken in the middle of a very difficult
这是在极端情况下讲出来...
I reached out to Neal, so I can't promise anything.
我联系的是尼尔,我不能保证任何事
You know, it wouldn't matter if you did.
你记着,就算你保证也不重要
I trust you less than I trust them.
比起他们我更不信任你
Dump the documents and I'll quit my job,
要是我泄露了文件,我会辞职
walk to the FBI, and give them your name.
走进联邦调查局,说出你的名字
Trust that. Fuck you.
听我一句,滚
We can go back to the airport now.
我们可以回机场了
Mr. McAvoy, I have here a court order directing you
麦卡沃伊先生,我这有法院命令指示你
to tell us the name of the individual
告诉我们
that is the target of this investigation.
调查对象的名字
Will you comply with the court order? No, sir.
你会服从法院命令吗,不,先生
You won't comply with the court order? No, sir.
你不会服从法院命令,不服从,先生
I saw a lot of spirit in that shot, a lot of guts.
我从这一击看到了很多精神,很多勇气
Shut it, Fast Eddie.
闭嘴吧,快手艾迪
Why are hot women in movies always great at pool?
为什么电影里的女人都是台球高手
Is that what men like? A hot girl who plays nineball?
男人喜欢这型的吗,会打九球的辣妹
You could have said anything after "Hot girl"
无论会做什么的"辣妹"
and the answer would have been All right.
那答案就会是,明白了
Oh, brother.
天啊
What happened?
怎么了
Hallie posted a column. You ready?
哈莉发表了一篇专栏,想听吗
"Old Media Guy and New Media Girl: "
旧媒体男生和新媒体女生
"An Analog Romance."
"古板浪漫"
What's it about? What do you think it's about?
关于什么的,你以为呢
Him? Yeah.
他吗,对
It's pretty personal, but in her defense,
这相当私人,不过为哈莉说句话
she doesn't use his name.
她没用男朋友的名字
What does she call him? Jim?
她怎么称呼男朋友,吉姆吗
Yeah. Tim.
对,蒂姆
Hallie is an excellent reporter.
哈莉是位优秀的记者
And she's reporting on a fight she's having with her boyfriend.
她在报道她和男朋友之间的争吵
She's working a tough beat. It's a lot more than that.
够强力的报道,还不止这些
Okay, read it.
读读看
"My boyfriend loves me, but he doesn't like me. "
我男朋友爱我,但是他不喜欢我
"He definitely doesn't follow me. He disapproves of me."
"他绝对没有关注我,他不赞成我"
Maybe he just disapproves
也许他只是不赞成
of using the word "Me" four times in the lead.
在导语里用四个"我"
How would you have written it instead?
那你会怎么写
I'm not a professional writer,
我不是职业记者
but I'd have maybe tweaked the opening so it read,
不过我也许把导语改成
"I am not making my private life "
我不会把我的私人生活
"and the private lives of others available for entertainment "
和他人的私人生活供大众娱乐
"so I can get comments like, 'You stay strong, Hallie. "
因此来获得, '坚强点,哈莉
"'He doesn't deserve you.'" Seven in the corner.
"'他配不上你'"这样的评论,角落里的7号球
I have been a witness to Jim being a condescending
我亲眼见过吉姆高高在上自以为是
Look, there's nothing wrong with this.
听着,这没有什么错
It's relatable and interesting and she can write like crazy.
这故事真实有趣,她也是个好写手
Did she ask Jim's permission
在把吉姆写进报道前
before deputizing him into her wellwritten
她有没有取得吉姆许可
Why are you so quick to defend Jim?
你为什么想都不想,就为吉姆说话
Why are you so quick to defend Hallie?
你为什么想都不想,就为哈莉说话
Because she's going to be attacked by Jim.
因为她很快就会被吉姆攻击
Probably not in print, but I don't think that's the reason.
很可能不在媒体上,不过我想这不是原因
I'm always grateful when a man
我总是感激一个男人
can tell me why I'm thinking what I'm thinking.
能说出我在想什么,为什么这么想
You're into Jim and you don't want to be a jealous cliche,
你喜欢吉姆,但你不想表现出嫉妒
so you defend Hallie for show.
所以你故意为哈莉辩护
And it's a classy thing to do,
这么做很常见
but at some point we're
不过总有一刻
going to have to discuss how that makes me feel
我们要讨论下我知道了
to know that any man in your life is going to be the runnerup.
你生命中的其他男人都会变成备胎后的感受
You really believe that?
你真的这么想
Still got my security key.
我还有门卡
This place has gone to hell without me.
这地方没我快成地狱了
It's almost 1:00 in the morning, Jim.
快到凌晨一点了,吉姆
Are you not coming home or answering my calls or texts?
你还是不回家,不接电话不回短信吗
I told you my editor wanted me to write more personally.
我告诉过你,我的编辑让我多带点个人色彩
There are classified documents in this room.
这间房间里有机密文件
You can't be in here.
你不能待在这
It was an invasion of privacy. I'm really sorry for that.
那篇文章侵犯了隐私,我很抱歉
I was mad. We had just had the last fight
我当时气疯了,我们刚吵过架
and I went into the other room and wrote it.
然后我进了另一个房间写了它
You know my computer doesn't trust me.
你知道我的电脑不信任我
It always asks are you sure you want to do this?
它总是问我你确定要这么做吗
But it never asks before I hit
但从来不在我按出之前问
I don't care about the invasion of privacy. I wish I did.
我不在乎侵犯隐私,我倒是希望我在乎
I've been here for hours
我用了好几个小时
trying to make myself mad because it was an invasion of privacy.
想让自己因为被侵犯隐私而生气
And the crowd would be on my side. That's a nobrainer.
群众会支持我的,这很容易
You don't like me very much.
你有点讨厌我
And I wish I didn't like you so much.
我倒希望如此
Took five fucking days, Hallie,
哈莉,你用了他妈五天
for you to give yourself your own reality show.
演了一出真人秀
I understand your wanting to insult me right now,
我知道你现在就是想侮辱我
but that's not what I did.
但我没有
Writing about the media, writing about the New York elite,
写媒体,写纽约精英
telling personal stories that resonate with readers
写人们能与之产生共鸣的故事
doesn't take one cent away from covering Syria
根本不会影响对叙利亚
and Afghanistan and Washington.
阿富汗或者华盛顿的报道
There are foreign correspondents,
我们有驻外记者
sports correspondents, fashion correspondents.
也有体育记者和时尚记者
And an unbearable correspondent.
还有让人忍无可忍
Jealous of the New York elites? I've got you covered.
嫉妒纽约精英的记者,我说全了吧
A movie star was at an environmental fundraiser
某影星参加环保筹款会
and they rode on a private jet?
但他们却开私人飞机
Here's your phony outrage.
听听你虚假的愤怒吧
Feeling a little like you didn't make the cut?
你觉得自己不够好
I hereby declare that amateurs are awesome
我在此宣布业余记者碉堡了
and professionals are so 20 years ago.
专业记者是二十年前的事了
Only instead of professionals, I'm gonna say old media,
只是我不说专业记者,我说老媒体
and instead of Jim, I'm gonna say Tim
不说吉姆,我说提姆
because I'm Hallie Shea, Senior Fuck You Correspondent
因为我是哈莉·谢伊,高级你麻痹记者
and I've decided to become a star. Are you drunk?
而且我已经决定转行做明星了,你喝多了吗
Did you out yourself about the
你曝出自己是写波士顿推特的记者
Boston tweet to make sure no one suspected anyone else
是为了让别人不受牵连
or did you do it to let our enemies know you were available?
还是想让我们的敌人知道你恢复自由身了
Do you hear the way you're talking right now?
你知道你现在在说什么吗
Our enemies? Did you?
我们的敌人,到底为什么
I'm gonna stay at my place tonight.
我今天回自己家去
Do you mind if I tell you something?
我能说一句吗
Your problem isn't with me and it isn't with the site.
你的问题与我和网站无关
It's with the audience.
你对观众有看法
You don't like that they like what they like
你不满意他们的品味
because you need them to like you and that's no different
因为你需要他们喜欢你,这和...
I don't give a shit about me or liking me
我才不在乎我,不在乎有没有人喜欢
or following me or friending me or trending.
是不是我的粉丝追随者,也不在乎潮流
It's just ugly.
只因为这太丑陋
I think you're threatened by technology.
我认为你是受到了科技的威胁
I beam a signal into outer space every night.
我每天晚上都向外太空发信号
I'm not scared of your Samsung Galaxy. What else you got?
我也不怕你的三星Galaxy ,还有什么
I want to be part of the digital revolution.
我想成为数字革命的一员
I want to be part of
我想参与...
Oh, my God! I am not talking about the apparatus.
天哪,我说的不是数不数字
Just tell me you know I'm right. Please. Please.
告诉我你知道我是对的,求你了
At least tell me that.
就告诉我这一句
Tell me when you knock away the digital revolution bullshit
当你说完那些数字革命的废话
"We're not beholden to corporate masters."
那些"我们没被企业巨头牵制"的话
Yeah, or any standard of good taste.
还有任何对于好品味的标准之后
Tell me, please, that you know all you did
请你告诉我,你所做的就是
was have a fight with your boyfriend and litigate it in public.
和男朋友吵了一架然后把它公之于众了
Because I have spent time with hardcore drug movers
因为我和毒枭接触过
and they don't pretend they're selling medicine.
他们都不假装自己是卖药的
Yeah, I'm drunk.
是,我是喝多了
I'm gonna miss you. You're gonna miss a lot of things, Jim.
我会想你的,你想念的事多了,吉姆
Yeah? If he sentences you, where do you go?
干嘛,如果他给你判刑了,你会去哪啊
Nowhere. He's not gonna find me in contempt.
哪也不去,他不会判我藐视法庭的
But if he does? Manhattan Correctional Center.
要是他判了呢,曼哈顿惩戒中心
That's a real jail.
这是个真的监狱
And you've been shot at and you've been stabbed.
你还被子弹崩过被刀捅过呢
It's 1:30.
现在一点半了
I think that's your phone.
是你的电话
We need a table or a dresser
我们需要张桌子或者梳妆台
where I can put my phone.
给我放手机
Also walls and electricity.
还有墙和电
Hello.
你好
Is it Rebecca? Is it Charlie?
是丽贝卡吗,还是查理
It wouldn't be Charlie. It'd be Rebecca. Is it work?
不会是查理,因该是丽贝卡,工作的事吗
It would've been my phone if it was work. Is it Rebecca?
要是工作的事会打给我的,是丽贝卡吗
Hang on.
等一下
Yeah?
你说
Okay.
好的
No court tomorrow. The hearing's been moved to Friday.
明天不上庭,听证会挪到周五了
Cedarman wants Lasenthal and Rebecca to work on a deal.
希德曼希望拉森索尔和丽贝卡达成个协议
Does he know there won't
他知道我们不会同意
be a deal that involves not airing the story?
任何要求取消报道的协议吧
What he knows is he doesn't
他只知道他不想成为那个
want to be the judge who locked up a news anchor.
把新闻主播关起来的法官
I find your Irish stoicism
我觉得你这爱尔兰式的清心寡欲
Sexy? Irritating.
很性感,很烦人
Thank you.
谢谢
He's out.
他出来了
Everybody. The whole family. Everybody's out.
全家每个人都安全撤出了
Here we go, tonight.
好,今晚就播
Show me a rough sketch to time by 3:00.
三点交一份草稿给我
Good job, everybody. Thank you.
大家干的好,太感谢了
We're not done yet. Good job, Don.
我们还没完事呢,做得好,唐
Jim, you look sleepier than usual.
吉姆,你看起来比平时还犯困
Tess, Gary, Kendra, Martin, Sloan,
特丝,格雷,肯德拉,马丁,斯隆
you did nothing.
你们啥都没干
Maggie Mac.
玛姬...麦肯
Jenna, your future is limitless.
洁娜,你前途无量
Reese wants to see you in his office.
里斯要你去他的办公室见他
Now?
现在吗
Reese?
里斯
Come on in. Close the door, please.
进来吧,请把门关上
Joseph Bartho and the Joseph Bartho Family Singers are out.
约瑟夫·巴索和他的家人都撤出国了
We just got the word. They're heading to France
我们刚收到消息,他们正经过
via 14 connecting flights and a team of oxen.
十四班转机然后坐牛车去法国呢
So we're running the story tonight.
所以我们今晚可以发布报道了
You can't. I'm sorry, you can't run it at all.
不可以,抱歉,你不能发那篇报道
Why?
为什么
Pruit. He signs a deal at the end of the day
普鲁特,如果我们发那篇稿
and he won't if we run the story.
他今天就不会签约
Because of Will?
为了威尔吗
Says he doesn't think there's a chance Cedarman's gonna send him.
据说他认为希德曼不会让他去
It's not because of Will. He likes that Will's going to jail.
不是为了威尔,他希望威尔去监狱
He wants him to broadcast from there.
他要他从那里播报新闻
I'm certain they won't allow that.
我确信他们不会允许
I'm certain they won't, too.
我也确信他们不会
What's the problem, Reese? The fines.
有什么问题,里斯,罚款
His lawyers had to be told about the story
他的律师团听说了那篇报道
and they've advised him that if the story was gathered illegally,
他们建议如果那篇报道来源是非法的
the Justice Department can and
司法部门可以
probably will impose crippling criminal fines.
也很可能会提出巨额刑事罚款
This is horseshit. I know.
胡说八道,我知道
The source risked everything.
线人不顾一切
Neal's hiding in South America.
尼尔躲在南美
Will is facing a grand jury.
威尔在面对大陪审团
Bartho and his family fled the country.
巴索和他的家人逃到国外
And it was for nothing? Mac.
结果是白忙一场了吗,麦肯
It was for nothing? Yeah.
白忙一场了吗,是的
Selling the company is the
把公司卖掉
only way you get to live to fight another day.
你才能养精蓄锐伺机再战
Do we ever get to win one?
我们到底有没有打赢的那天
I've got to go and tell the staff.
我现在去告诉员工
Hey, Mac. You know, the fight with the grand jury isn't over.
麦肯,跟大陪审团的战还没打完
They still want his source. I know.
他们仍想知道他的线人,我知道
Since the day you got here,
从你来这里的那天开始
Will's been having a battle with himself.
威尔就在与自身做斗争
Is he a real journalist or just good on TV?
他是一名真正的新闻工作者还是只会上镜
You ever think he might be doing this for you?
你想过他可能是为你才这么做的吗
Because I don't think there's
因为我认为
not a chance he's gonna be sent to jail.
他不可能不进监狱
I've got his ring on my finger.
他的戒指戴在我指头上
He's not doing this to win my approval.
他这么做不是为了得到我的认同
Then it would be the first thing I've seen him do that wasn't.
那可就是我见到的头一桩了
I'm going to tell the staff.
我要去告诉员工们了
I'm sorry. Thank you.
我很遗憾,谢谢
Can I make a suggestion which,
我可不可以提个建议
if you think about it, makes a lot of sense?
然后你思考一下看行得通吗
Don't say anything.
什么也别说
Have Rebecca go to Lasenthal and say we're willing
让丽贝卡去找拉森索尔告诉他
to kill the story in exchange for everybody's off the hook.
我们愿意撤下这篇报道换取大家的自由
Do you think there's a chance
你认为威尔会给丽贝卡
Will would let Rebecca utter those words?
说出那句话的机会吗
No.
不会
Let's pack the documents up in cartons and label everything.
把文件装到纸箱里,然后给它们贴标签吧
Yep.
Who's the most responsible reporter you can name?
在你心里谁是最负责任的记者
You. Thank you.
你,谢谢
Who doesn't work here.
不在这里工作的人
Maybe someone who could use a break.
需要换换口味的人
Responsible how?
怎么个负责任法
There is an old teacher of mine from Columbia.
我有个在哥伦比亚教过我的老师
She mostly gets garbage assignments now 'cause she's in her 70s.
她已经七十多岁了,所以她只能做烂新闻
Write her name down.
把她的名字写下
I just heard. Sorry, Bubba.
我刚听说了,很遗憾,哥们
Good afternoon.
下午好
I'll tell you, Mr. Geary, this isn't the best time.
告诉你,吉里先生,现在不是好时机
You two are a couple.
你们两个是一对
We're not, but maybe we can do this later.
我们不是,不过能不能以后再谈这事
No, you are. I have a signed letter declaring that you are.
不,你们是,在一封署名信上写着
It was sitting in my office
这封信被埋在我办公室里
in a pile of things I hadn't gotten to yet.
堆积如山还没时间处理的东西里
Somebody ratted us out? Yes.
有人出卖我们了吗,是的
Nobody around here would drop a dime. You're blowing smoke.
这里的人都守口如瓶,你在虚张声势
Who cheesed? Okay, Mugsy.
是谁说的,好了,马格西
You did.
是你
You did. Which one of us are you talking to?
是你,你在说谁
I think you know. What's he talking about?
我想你知道,他在说什么
Sloan wrote a letter to HR declaring the two of you a couple.
斯隆给人事部写信揭露你们是一对
Yeah, it was after you made
没错,就在你听了我给你的小道消息
$125 on the Chipotle trade I tipped you off to.
以125美元一股买了Chipotle股票后写的
We spent the last two weeks
过去两周时间我们
trying to conceal from this man that we're dating
一直努力向他隐瞒我们交往的事
and the whole time you knew
而在此期间你一直都知道
you'd sent him a letter saying we were dating?
你写过信告诉他我们在交往
Mmhmm. Why?
是的,为什么
Well, obviously I was hoping he'd never find out.
显然我希望他不会发现
But you knew he was gonna read the letter eventually.
但你知道他总有一天会看到那封信的
Eventually is a wonderful time of day.
总有一天是个完美时间点
This was a cross that bridge when we get to it situation for me.
对我来说,这就是所谓的船到桥头自然直
And here we are. We're at the bridge.
我们到桥头了,该顺其自然了
Wyatt Is lying to corporate something you do habitually?
怀亚特,你习惯性向公司说谎吗
Don and I like to make decisions
唐和我喜欢按情况分析
about lying on a casebycase basis.
决定是否有必要说谎
Maybe you've helped enough.
你还是别说话了吧
Please, don't transfer one of us.
拜托了,别调走我们其中任何一个
We don't work together enough, but the little we do works.
我们合作不多,但每次合作都很愉快
And if you ask Sloan to choose between me and her job,
要是你让斯隆在工作和我之间选择其一
you wouldn't be able to get
她一定会在你话音未落之前
that sentence out before she said her job,
就脱口而出,选她的工作了
and I really like her and I'm trying to be good enough.
我真的很喜欢她,我正在努力配上她
And this here is the best thing that I do.
而这份工作是我最热爱的
And can I say one more thing?
我能再说一件事吗
It's just occurred to me that your company is only
我刚刚才想到,你们公司
going to own my network until the end of the day,
在今天结束之后才能掌管我们的电视台
so what the hell has this all been about?
所以这段时间你是在干嘛
Come to think of it
现在想想...
I'm blown away you let me do it this long.
我也很惊讶你竟然让我搞了这么久
Why did you do it this long?
你为什么搞了这么久
Fun.
好玩呗
I work in HR.
我在人力资源部工作
Our days aren't scored by the "Hallelujah Chorus."
那里可不会每天唱响《哈利路亚》
I don't know anything about the story you were all working on,
我不知道让你们一直忙碌的报道是什么
but I know enough to say sorry.
但就我所知,我表示抱歉
Good luck to the two of you.
祝两位好运
I'm a big fan.
我是你们的粉丝
Put those Instagram photos back.
把Instagram上的照片重发出来吧
Yes, sir. Why haven't we heard anything yet?
好,先生,为什么还没听到消息
The board's still meeting.
董事会还在进行中
Pruit just walked into the building.
普鲁特刚刚走进这座楼
He's an hour early. Yeah.
他早到了一个小时,是啊
What are you guys talking about?
你们两个在说什么呢
The Bloomberg terminal will tell us everything we need to know.
彭博终端会告知我们一切
Bloomberg terminal, tell us
彭博终端显灵啊
what's going on with Toni Dodd's board meeting.
跟我们说说托妮·多德懂事会的情况吧
It's not a Ouija board.
它不是占卜板
I wasn't I was just, you know, praying.
我也没怎么...我就是祈祷一下
What are you two Hang on.
你们俩...等一下
Their press rep just tweeted,
他们的新闻代表刚刚发推了
"Exciting about major media acquisition "
激动人心的通告,主流媒体收购
coming at 5:00 PM."
将在下午五点发布"
Go. Tell Reese.
去吧,告诉里斯
So what's going on?
什么情况啊
We found a white knight. Antoinette Dodd's gonna buy ACN.
我们找到救星了,安托瓦妮特·多德会买下ACN
Are you kidding? Hang on.
不是开玩笑吧,等一下
No, seriously. Hang on.
不,我说真的,等一下
How did you do that? Shit.
你是怎么办到的,该死
What? This can't be happening.
怎么了,怎么会这样
I don't know what you're looking at.
我看不懂这些东西
Options on Halifax just started trading up.
哈利法克斯的期权交易额开始上涨
The Halifax Group. Halifax Group options
哈利法克斯公司,哈利法克斯公司的期权...
fuck!
妈的
She's buying Halifax.
她在收购哈利法克斯
She met I don't believe this.
她约... 难以置信
She met with us. She wanted them to think
我约见了我们,她想让他们认为...
We were leverage.
我们成了她的筹码
God damn it!
你大爷的
There's no need for airports.
不需要机场
Just runways and a fence.
跑道和护栏就够了
That's a hell of a plan, Lucas.
这计划真邪乎,卢卡斯
Dude, I told you in college that
哥们,大学期间我就告诉过你
one day I was gonna buy a company out from under you.
总有一天我会买下你的一间公司
I gave you, like, 15 years' warning.
我给了你长达十五年的警告
I remember you telling me you were sleeping with my girlfriend,
我记得那时你跟我说,你睡了我女朋友
but not the second thing.
但不记得你提过这事
You were probably in shock from the first thing.
也许第一件事让你受惊过度了
Call it off! You don't have to sell us to this pretentious ponce.
不签了,不用卖给这个狂妄的娘娘腔了
Toni Dodd just got out of her board meeting
托妮·多德刚刚开完董事会
and she's gonna make a competitive offer.
她会高价收购我们
So fuck you and fuck you again, you fiberoptic yak.
所以你可以滚去死了,你个光纤小瘪三
Charlie. Charlie.
查理,查理
What Sloan's telling Charlie is that people are buying
斯隆正在告诉查理
Halifax at the current stock price with an expiration
有人在假定托妮将收购哈利法克斯的前提下
on the assumption that Toni's about to announce she's buying it.
以当前股价在限期内购买其股权
It was leverage, Charlie.
你们只是筹码,查理
She wanted people to think she was looking at ACN.
她想让别人以为她在打ACN的主意
That's why she had you guys eat at that sushi place.
所以她才会选在寿司店约你们见面
She knew there was a Halifax board member there.
她知道哈利法克斯的一个董事会成员也在那里
You're gonna love me, Charlie.
你会爱死我的,查理
No, I'm not. Yeah, you are.
不,绝不会,不,你会的
I'm gonna take you into the 21st century
我会带领你走向二十一世纪
right after I drag you through the 19th and 20th.
不过我先得把你拖进十九和二十世纪
You couldn't have gotten here 10 seconds sooner?
你就不能早来十秒钟吗
I just saw it.
我也是才发现
What's the point of having a Bloomberg terminal
要那个彭博终端有什么用...
It's not the terminal's fault.
这不是终端机的错
You want a ceremonial pen?
你要一支签合同的钢笔吗
It can write in a zero gravity environment.
它在没有重力的环境中照样可以使用
Yeah, I plan to take a trip through the ionosphere.
是啊,我正打算穿过电离层去游玩一番
Keep that sense of humor. You're very entertaining.
保持你的幽默感,你逗得我很开心
No, whoa. Come on.
不要,别这样
We're sworn enemies now, he and I.
我们现在不共戴天了,我和他
He can still hear you.
他还是能听见你说话
Did you see Charlie? After the show.
看见查理了吗,在节目之后
He was cleaning his 12gauge
他在用美格波本威士忌
with Maker's Mark
擦他的12口径猎枪
and muttering, "kill the wabbit."
嘴里还嘟哝着, "杀了那个兔崽子"
It's not Irish stoicism, is it?
这不是什么爱尔兰式清心寡欲吧
This is some kind of internal baptism for you,
对你来说,这像是某种内心的洗礼
which would be heartbreaking enough,
本来就够心碎了
except I think maybe it's a little for me.
但现在也让我有一点伤心
Don't you know that
你难道不明白
anything that can be proven
任何能证明你的勇气和品格的事
by courage and character, you proved to me a long time ago?
很久以前你就已经证明过了吗
You want me to give up the source?
你想让我说出线人的身份
I just want you to say you're scared.
我只是想让你亲口说出你很害怕
All right, here's the thing, MacKenzie.
事情是这样的,麦肯兹
Cause I love you, but you've had me
我爱你,但是你已经让我
on your couch for three years
听你念叨了三年
and this one time we're switching places.
这一次我们要换个位子
You're tearing yourself up
你把自己逼得太紧了
because you either prioritize the story over me,
因为你要是选择报道新闻而非保护我
which you think makes you a bad person,
你就会觉得你是坏人
or you prioritize me over the story,
而要是选择保护我而放弃报道
which you think makes you a bad reporter.
你又觉得自己是个差劲的记者
Either way, you're wrong.
不管怎么想,你都是错的
The source came to Neal
线人自己找上了尼尔
and then I asked Neal for his name and then
接着我问了尼尔他的名字,再然后
You can stop saying "his." What do you mean?
你可以不用说"他"你说什么
His name. The source is a woman.
他的名字,线人是个女的
I've spoken to her in person twice.
我和她亲口交谈过两次
I know just as much about her as you do.
关于她的事,我知道的和你一样多
Why are you standing in front of a judge and not me?
可为什么站在法官面前接受审判的是你
Oh, God.
天呐
You can't ever repeat what you just said.
这些话你不能说第二次
Mr. McAvoy refused to comply
麦卡沃伊先生拒绝
with an order of this court.
遵守法庭命令(法庭有权将证人监禁,直到他/她提供信息)
Title 28, Section 1826
根据美国法典
of the United States Code directs this court
第28卷第1826节
to hold a grand jury witness in contempt
如果大陪审团证人无正当理由
if he refuses the order
违抗法庭指令
and does so without just cause.
本庭可以以蔑视法庭罪起诉证人
We're here today to determine
今天我们在这里的目的是为了决定
if the witness can show just cause.
证人此举是否有正当理由
Miss Halliday, I'll hear argument for the witness.
哈里戴小姐,请代表证人发表陈述
Thank you, Your Honor. And may it please the court.
谢谢法官大人,请庭上听我陈述
Mr. McAvoy's cause exists because he is protected
麦卡沃伊先生拥有正当理由
by a Reporter's Privilege to withhold information,
因为他受记者特权的保护,可以拒绝提供信息
a privilege that's been recognized by a wide range of courts.
此特权已被很多法庭接受
If we were to apply that test here,
如果它在此处也适用的话
we would find that the information given by the reporter's source
我们会发现,记者的线人所提供的消息
poses no harm to the public
并未对公众造成任何危害
and we would weigh that
而与之相较
against the newsworthiness of the US government
是这条新闻的重要性,那就是美国政府
swiftboating a foreign election with disinformation
用虚假信息暗中操控外国政权选举
that got 38 people, including three Americans, killed.
造成三十八人死亡,其中三人是美国公民
No one disputes that this
没有人会否定
is a tragic story of unintended consequences.
这是个无心造成的悲剧
No one intended for anyone to die
没有人想让任何人死
and no one did anything illegal.
没有人做了任何违法的事情
Our intelligence professionals engage in covert operations
我们的情报人员在全世界参与隐蔽行动
all over the world to keep us safe. It's their job.
以保证我们的安全,这是他们的工作
It's how we won World War II.
这是我们赢得二战的原因
It's how we won the Cold War.
这是我们赢得冷战的原因
It's how the Berlin Wall fell
这是柏林墙倒下的原因
and it's why more buildings
也是为什么九一一事件第二天后
didn't fall on September 12.
没有更多大楼遭到轰炸
But not only can't they do their jobs if their identities
如果他们的身份被一个无耻的政府专员暴露
are revealed by a rogue government worker,
这些人不仅无法完成自己的工作
their lives and the lives of their families
他们自己和家人的生命
will be put at great risk immediately
都有可能在不知道的情况下
and perhaps without even their knowledge.
立刻受到极大的威胁
Judge, when they do their jobs recklessly,
法官大人,当他们做事不计后果时
the public has a right to know.
公众有知情权
And how does someone who isn't an experienced professional
那么一个没有经过专业情报训练的
in the clandestine services presume to know
秘密机构成员,又怎么会知道
when one of our agents is doing their job well?
我们的特工是否出色完成任务呢
In this case, we can put a stethoscope on the 38 bodies.
我们把听诊器放在那三十八具尸体上就知道了
The court is sufficiently
法庭充分相信
convinced of the news value of this story.
此新闻的重要性
Mr. Lasenthal, please speak to any harm it poses.
拉森索尔先生,请陈述报道此新闻造成的危害
Judge, someone with a high level of security clearance
法官大人,某个拥有高等安全级别的人
has committed an act of espionage.
已经犯下了间谍罪
That fact is not in dispute.
这个事实不容争辩
This person is still inside the government,
此人仍在政府系统里
still has access to classified materials.
仍然有权限接触到机密文件
This person must be apprehended.
此人必须被逮捕
Law enforcement doesn't know the identity.
执法部门不知道他的身份
Mr. McAvoy does.
麦卡沃伊先生知道
And I can't imagine what other argument the court needs to hear.
我觉得这个理由已经足够充分了
Mr. McAvoy.
麦卡沃伊先生
What do you want me to do?
你怎么看
Your Honor, if you're leaving it up to me,
法官大人,如果由我决定
I'd just as soon go home.
我会趁早回家
It's funny, but the first time
说来有趣,但最高法院
the Supreme Court ever supported a claim
在历史上第一次支持
of protection under the First Amendment wasn't until 1919.
第一修正案,是在1919年,因为其言论对国家安全造成威胁
The amendment says Congress shall make no law
此条修正案表明,国会无权修订任何法律
abridging freedom of speech or of the press.
剥夺言论自由,侵犯新闻自由
And we went 125 years
之前没有这条法律保护公民
without that law
发表批判性评论的权利
protecting critical expression.
我们不也过了125年
The legislation that sparked the dissent?
是哪条法律导致了异议,则应受第一修正案保护
The Espionage Act.
反间谍法
I just thought that was interesting.
我就是觉得挺有趣的
I appreciate the defense my attorney mounted,
非常感谢我方辩护律师所做的陈述
but my heart is with the prosecutor.
但凭良心说,我支持原告
I'm sorry, Rebecca, it just is.
对不起,丽贝卡,这是实话
It didn't used to be that so much damage
在以前,很难出现寥寥几人
could be done by so few people.
就能捅出这么大篓子的情况
It just used to be harder. It took more manpower.
那时可不容易,捅娄子需要更多人力
So, for me, I don't like the cost benefit.
我也不喜欢这种付出回报量不均的情况
But I can't give you the name of my source.
但我不能给你提供我的线人的名字
I'm just not allowed to, Your Honor.
我真的不能,法官阁下
It's as simple as that. I'm not allowed to.
就是这么简单,我不能说
And as Your Honor well knows,
法官阁下您很清楚
prison time in a civil contempt case
民事法庭中的藐视法庭行为
can't be punitive, only coercive.
不能以惩罚缘由收监,只能强制收监
So with that in mind, I'm telling the government and the court
所以,我仅在此向政府和法庭表示
that there are no number of prison days
无论收监时间长短
after which I will reveal my source's identity.
我都不会提供线人身份的
Well, I hate to say this,
我很遗憾
but we're just going to have to find out.
但我们只能走着瞧了
Mr. McAvoy, I find you in contempt of court
麦卡沃伊先生,我以藐视法庭罪
and order you to surrender yourself to the US Marshals
命令你今晚五点
in this building on this day at 5:00 PM.
主动向庭内美国法警自首,服从移交
Yes, sir.
遵命,阁下
Hey, you know this is bullshit.
你很清楚这根本是扯蛋
I don't think you should wait for me.
我觉得你不该等我
I think you should forget about me and move on.
你应该忘了我,向前看
Okay. Listen, remember,
好吧,听着,你要记住
only my conversations with my lawyer are privileged.
只有我和我律师的对话才受保密协议保护的
Right? What we were talking about last night.
懂吗,昨晚我们讨论的东西
Yeah, or your wife. Yeah, but you wanted to be a June bride…
和妻子的对话也受保护,对,但你想六月结婚
I don't anymore. I want to get married now.
现在不想了,我现在就想结婚
I think you should have thought about that wait.
你之前就应该考虑到,等等
Are you serious? I'm more than serious.
你认真的吗,比认真还真
We get a waiver from the mayor's office
我们在市长办公室申请一张赦免表
and use the chapel at City Hall.
在市政府的教堂举办就行了
Honey, we've got 300 people coming to a wedding
亲爱的,有300人要来参加我们这场
you've been planning for 25 years.
你计划了25年的婚礼
Remember the seven weeks I spent picking the invitations?
还记得我挑请帖花的那七个星期吗
I really do. Done.
记得清楚着呢,搞定
"I'm marrying Will today at 3:30 PM at City Hall..."
"我今天下午三点半在市中心和威尔结婚"
"...if you guys want to come."
"想参加的就来吧"
Congratulations! Finally!
恭喜啊,终于要结了
That that's what I was begging
什么,那是什,我求了你
for seven weeks we were looking
整整七星期啊,我们就盯着
different cardboard okay.
不同的请帖版看,好吧
For that little stunt, I'm gonna marry your ass off.
就冲着这个,爷也要把你娶到手
Charlie, Don, Gary, Jim, Martin, we're putting on a wedding.
查理,唐,格雷,吉姆,马丁,我们要办婚礼
This is men's work. All right.
这可是男人的体力活,好啊
Let's go. City Hall, here we come. You finally grew a brain.
走吧,市政府,我们来啦,终于长点脑子了
I saw on the news. Thanks for seeing me, Phil.
我看到新闻了,谢谢你抽空见我,菲尔
You really want to spend your last hours of freedom
你真想把你最后的几小时自由时间
arguing with me about something that's 2,000 years old?
用来跟我争吵2000年前发生的事吗
No, we can do that another time. I wanted to ask a favour.
不,那个可以等等,我是来请你帮忙的
Mac and I have moved our wedding up from June to this afternoon.
麦肯和我把婚礼从六月提前到了今天下午
MacKenzie, while not being as religious as, say, you are,
麦肯兹虽然没有你这么笃信宗教
She's not a fullon whack job or anything... Yeah.
她还不是个彻头彻尾的疯子,没错
...she is devout and a Catholic service would mean a lot to her.
但她还是很虔诚的,天主教婚礼仪式对她很重要
I can do that. Where are you being married?
我可以帮忙,你们在哪里结婚
At the chapel at City Hall.
市政府的教堂
Catholic service has to be performed in a Catholic church.
天主教婚姻典礼只能在天主教堂里举办
Doesn't that sound like one of those rules we've talked about?
这是不是就是我们讨论过的那类问题
God's omniscient,
上帝是全知全能的
but He's only willing to work in certain buildings?
但他只愿在特定的大楼里办公
That's not Like it's a union thing.
这不是,就跟工会似的
Fine.
好吧
Thank you. I'll have a car waiting at 3:15.
谢谢, 3:15我会派车在这里等你
Will.
威尔
You want to pray with me?
你想和我一起祷告吗
You have to make a grand apology to her.
你必须跟她隆重道歉
Really grand. I know.
超大超隆重那种,我知道
Canyon grand. I know.
大峡谷那么大,我知道
Where's Professor Ethics? We had a fight.
道德教授呢,我们吵架了
About what?
为了什么
Nothing.
没什么
Rejoice with those who rejoice.
与欢乐的人同乐
Weep with those who weep.
与痛哭的人同泣
Have the same regard for one another.
待人如同待几
Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly.
放下傲慢,同情悲苦之人
Do not be wise in your own estimation.
切勿孤芳自赏,自以为是
Do not repay anyone evil for evil.
不要以怨报怨
Be concerned for what is noble in the sight of all.
心挂世间高贵之事
If possible, on your part,
尽自己努力
live at peace with all.
与万物祥和共处
The word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
这就是上帝的旨意,感谢上帝
Do you take this man to be your lawful wedded husband?
你愿意与这位先生共结连理吗
I do.
我愿意
Do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife?
你愿意与这位女士共结连理吗
I do.
我愿意

重点单词   查看全部解释    
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
covert ['kʌvət]

想一想再看

adj. 隐蔽的,偷偷摸摸的,隐密的
n. 掩

联想记忆
contempt [kən'tempt]

想一想再看

n. 轻视,轻蔑

联想记忆
swing [swiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 摇摆,改变,冲力
v. 摇摆,旋转,动摇

联想记忆
issue ['iʃju:]

想一想再看

n. 发行物,期刊号,争论点
vi. & vt

 
disclose [dis'kləuz]

想一想再看

vt. 揭露

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
fault [fɔ:lt]

想一想再看

n. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层

 
dissent [di'sent]

想一想再看

n. 异议 v. 持异议

联想记忆
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假装,装作
adj. 假装的

联想记忆


关键字: 美剧 新闻编辑室

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。