Give me everything you got! Now!
把所有东西都交出来,快点
Are you deaf?!
你聋了吗
Come on!
动作快点
Please, I don't want any trouble.
求你了,我不想惹麻烦
Please!
求你了
I don't want any trouble!
我不想惹麻烦
Dr. Watson?
华生医生
Joey!
乔伊
Long time. Been a while, huh?
好久不见了啊
Yeah. What, three years? Yeah.
是啊,都三年了吧,对
Uh, you remembered Dad's birthday.
你还记得爸爸的生日
Well, a day late, but yeah.
晚了一天,不过还记得
You caught me.
被你发现了
Mm. Nice thing about coming the day after,
晚来一天的好处就是
you're less likely to run into my mom.
你遇上我妈妈的几率会小一点
It's nice of you...
你能来看他
to come and see him.
真好
I liked him.
我很喜欢他
He was a good man.
他是个好人
You're a good doctor.
你是个好医生
Hey, let me buy you a coffee; we can catch up.
让我请你喝杯咖啡,我们可以聊聊
I'm supposed to meet a friend I work with, so...
我应该去见一位共事的朋友了
Come on, just one cup.
别嘛,就一杯
Well, I think we're wrapped up here.
我觉得这里的工作算是完成了
Why don't we make one more sweep,
我们可以再看一遍
make sure we got pictures.
确保照片都拍完了
And then police have been stationed at the hospital.
医院也有警察驻守着
In case Benny wakes up, somebody from the team...
如果本尼醒来的话,警队里会有人...
Detective Bell. Sorry I'm late.
贝尔警探,抱歉我迟到了
You're not late-- you texted me and said you heard
你没迟到,你给我发短信说
on your scanner there'd been a shooting.
你在步话机上听到有枪击案发生
I texted you back, told you I didn't need any help.
我给你回复说,我不需要你的帮忙
Actually, you wrote, and I quote:
其实,你写的是,容我引述
Yes, please, now,
好的,拜托了,现在就来 "
triple-smiley face, with tongue protruding" What?
三个笑脸,还伸着舌头,什么 -
Yeah, see, that's not from me.
好吧,你看,这不是我发的
That's from someone named Bella,
那条短信来自一位叫贝拉的人
and you got it last December.
是你去年十二月收到的
My name is Bell,
我的名字是贝尔
no "A," but I can see how you might've confused us.
不是拉,不过我明白你是怎么弄混的
It's not like you're into details or anything.
这种细节反正你也总不在乎
How embarrassing.
太尴尬了
Anyway, now that I'm here...
不管怎样,我人都来了
Vic's name is Felix Soto.
受害人的名字叫菲利克斯·索托
He's a math tutor.
是名数学家庭教师
Lives here alone.
独自一人住在这里
I was under the impression that two men had been shot.
我印象中有两个人遭到枪击
Two were. Second victim, guy named Benny Charles,
是两个人,第二个受害人叫本尼·查尔斯
was shot in the driveway right out there.
在外面的私家车道上遭到枪击
Funny thing is, far as we can tell,
有趣的是,据我们所知
they didn't know each other. About 90 seconds
他们并不认识对方,差不多
before Mr. Charles got shot last night,
在昨晚查尔斯先生被枪击前90秒
he mugged someone around the corner.
他在街角处抢了某个人的钱
I think he ducked into the driveway to count his loot.
我认为他拐进私家车道是为了数抢来的钱财
Wrong place, wrong time?
所以只是巧合吗
Well... unless you believe in karma. Yeah.
除非你相信因果报应
So I'm assuming, from the absence of his body,
没见到他的尸体,我猜
that Mr. Charles survived. Barely.
查尔斯先生活了下来,命悬一线 -
First officers on the scene managed to stop the bleeding,
到现场的第一批警员设法把血止住了
but he never regained consciousness.
但他一直没有恢复意识
He's in surgery now.
他现在在动手术
I'm hearing it doesn't look good.
我听说情况不容乐观
Hey, where's your better half this morning?
你的好搭档怎么不在
One mystery at a time, Detective. So...
一次解决一个谜题,警探
not much evidence to suggest it was a robbery gone wrong--
没有足够的证据表明这是一次劫杀
too many valuables have been left behind.
留下了太多财物
A neighbor heard mr. Soto arguing with another man
一位邻居几天前听到索托先生跟另一名
a few nights ago, but never got a good look at the guy.
男子发生争执,不过没看清那人的长相
We're reaching out to his family, see if they can think
我们正在找他的家人,看看他们能否
of anyone who had beef with him.
想到谁跟他有过节
Interesting space, huh?
这地方很有趣啊,对吧
Minimalist.
极简抽象派
The other rooms aren't.
其他房间可不这样
There's art and pictures hung up.
都挂着有艺术品和照片
I wondered for a second
我曾怀疑过
if maybe the shooter took some down, but...
也许是枪手把东西取下来了,不过
aren't any nail holes.
墙上连钉眼都没有
You always been this observant?
你一直都这么善于观察吗
I'm asking that quite sincerely.
我是真心实意地在问你
I was wondering if exposure to my methods had...
我在想在我断案方法的耳濡目染下
helped you in any way.
你是否有所长进
Actually, before you came along,
其实在你来之前
I'd never closed a case before.
我还没破过案呢
Neither had the rest of the department.
整个部门都没有
Most of us were thinking of packing up, leaving,
我们中的好多人都想着打包走人
letting the city fend for itself.
让这座城市自己保护自己吧
We need to find the black light.
我们需要找到黑光灯
The what?
什么东西
There's a chemical known as C.A.M. Phosphor
墙上有一种叫镧铝钙磷光剂的
on the walls-- smells like spent matchsticks.
化学物质,闻起来像用过的火柴棍
Smell it. Smell it.
闻闻,闻闻吧
It's the primary ingredient
这是某种墨水的
of an ink which can only be seen
主要原料
when exposed to...
它只有在紫外线...
...when it exposed to...
在紫外线的照射下...
ultraviolet light.
才会显影 ...
Thank you.
谢谢
What is it?
这是什么
Well, I'm going to take a very literal
我在这片黑暗中
stab in the dark and say...
大胆猜测一下,这是
maths.
数学
Question is...
问题是
does it have anything to do with Mr. Soto's death?
索托先生的死是否和它有关
Still can't believe you're a cop.
我还不是不敢相信你是个警察
I-I'm not a cop.
我,我不是警察
I'm a... Yeah. Consulting... A consulting detective.
我是,顾问,顾问侦探
Still, you, like, go to crime scenes
但你还是会去犯罪现场
and put away bad guys. Well, it's a little more
把坏人送进监狱,比那个
complicated than that, but yeah.
要复杂一点点,不过差不多
Well, sometimes we do.
有时候我们就这么做
What about you?
那你呢
You're graduating this year, right?
你今年就要毕业了,对吗
Uh... I don't know.
我不知道
I, um... had a kind of rough time junior year.
我大三过得比较混乱
I was thinking about my dad a lot.
我经常在想我的爸爸
Probably partying a little more than I should've.
或许参加了太多的派对
Actually, um, I left...
事实上,我在春季学期
right before my spring semester.
开始之前就退学了
I'm sorry to hear that.
很遗憾听到这个消息
It is what it is, right?
反正也木已成舟了
Besides, I got some stuff going on.
还有,我在做一件事情
Stuff I'm very excited about.
一件让我很激动的事情
This is my bar.
这是我的酒吧
You bought a bar?
你买了一家酒吧
Well, I'm about to buy a bar,
我正要买一家酒吧
me and a buddy.
和我一个兄弟
And, you know, we're just
我们现在正在
getting together the funding right now,
募集资金
but we are this close, Doc.
不过我们就差这么一点了,医生
Oh. Joan. You should call me Joan now.
乔恩,你现在应该叫我乔恩
Ah, sorry.
对不起
Old habits.
旧习难改
You don't like it?
你不喜欢吗
No. It's just...
没啊,我只是
I just remember how excited you were
我还记得你对当工程师
about studying to become an engineer,
是多么兴奋
how happy it made your dad.
还有你爸爸有多高兴
Well, the school took away my scholarship
校方在我退学的时候
when I dropped out, so...
拿走了我的奖学金,所以...
so without that, can't exactly go back.
没了奖学金,确实也没办法回去了
Yeah.
是啊
It's funny, it's like I can't help wondering
说来有趣,我忍不住在想
if we were supposed to run into each other this morning.
我们今早是不是注定遇见的
My partner and me,
我和我的搭档
we have big plans for this place,
对这个地方有宏伟的计划
and I know that anyone that invests with us
而且我相信任何给我们投资的人
is gonna double their money.
都会大赚
Like, at least.
至少翻两倍
Are you asking me for a loan?
你是想向我借钱吗
No, I'm-I'm offering you an opportunity.
不,我只是提供给你一个合作机会
And you were always so good to me.
因为你一直对我很好
You know? You... you held my hand
当我父亲生病时
when Dad got sick.
你一直支持我
Now I just, you know, maybe I can pay you back a little.
现在我只是觉得,也许我能报答你
Hey, I even found this little
看,我甚至在后面的房间
spot in the back room to hang his picture.
找到一处地方可以挂他的照片
You know, just so he can always be there, always.
这样他就能一直在那里了
So, how much do you need?
你需要多少钱
If you're looking for Sherlock, he's downstairs.
如果你想找夏洛克,他在楼下
Okay.
好的
I will go there now.
我现在就去
His name is Harlan Emple.
他的名字叫哈伦·林珀
He is the Rachel P. Hanson Professor
他是哥伦比亚大学应用数学的
for Applied Mathematics at Columbia University,
瑞秋·P·汉森荣誉教授
and holder of the Smithfield Endowed Chair
同时也是亨廷顿研究所的代数几何
of Algebraic Geometry at the Huntington Institute.
方面的史密斯菲尔德客座教授
And he is here to help you make sense
他来这里是帮你弄清数学公式的含义
of the equations you found. Okay, I get that.
这个我明白
What I don't get is why he isn't wearing a shirt.
我不明白的是他为什么光着上身
Every great thinker has a process, Watson.
每一位伟大的智者都有自己的习惯,华生
In Harlan's case, he doesn't like anything
对哈伦来说,他不喜欢任何东西
to come between him and the numbers.
挡在他和数字之间
I know you can feel quite Victorian about such matters,
我知道你觉得这种事很难理解
so I've given him a little bell to ring
所以我已经提醒过他
should he feel the need to disrobe entirely.
看他觉得是否有必要全裸
Having said that, I can't guarantee
虽然这么说了,我还是不能保证
he won't sit on the furniture.
他不会坐在家具上
How do you know him again?
你是怎么认识他的来着
In 1999, he devised a mathematical model
1999年,他设计了一种数学模型
which he believed could accurately predict
他认为可以精确预测
crime patterns in and around New York City.
纽约市区及其周边的犯罪模式
Ultimately, didn't work,
最终,没有成功
but I found the premise quite fascinating.
但我觉得这个设想非常有趣
We've been corresponding ever since.
从那以后我们一直保持联系
Do you really think this guy was killed over math?
你真觉得这家伙是因为数学而被杀的吗
Mr. Soto obviously went to
索托先生显然很费力地
great lengths to conceal his calculations.
隐藏他的计算过程
Whether they have any real value,
至于它们是否有实际价值
or are just the numerical ramblings of a math-obsessed madman,
或只是数学狂人随便写的数字
is for Harlan to determine.
就由哈伦来定夺了
Eggs?
要煎蛋吗
Uh, no, thanks.
不,谢了
Hey, I was wondering if it was possible
我在想我能不能
to get an advance on my salary.
预支一下我的薪水
Define "advance".
预支多少
$5,000.
五千块
I ran into someone this morning.
我今早遇到了一个熟人
He's the son of an old friend of mine.
他是我一位老友的儿子
He's trying to get this business off the ground.
他在尝试创业
I thought I'd help him out.
我觉得该帮帮他
I just maxed out on my IRA contributions,
我刚刚缴了一笔个人退休金
so I cannot take money back,
所以没法把钱拿回来
otherwise I will get massive penalties.
否则会有巨额罚款
You must really believe in this young man.
你一定是很信任这个年轻人
Well, I'd like to see him take a shot at this.
我想看他尝试一下
Not quite the same thing, though, is it?
其实不是这么回事,是吗
Sherlock! I know what the formula is!
夏洛克,我知道方程式是什么了
And it is a doozy.
它是个骗局
Okay, so the first thing you need to know
首先你们需要知道的是
is that the guy who wrote this was a genius.
写出这个的家伙是个天才
Guys with an "s".
是家伙们
There were two mathematicians at work here.
有两位数学家参与这个
One was Felix Soto.
一位是已故的菲利克斯·索托
These parts of the equation are a match
这部分的等式跟
for handwriting samples I took from his home.
我从他家找来的手写样本字体相符
These scribbles are from another man yet to be identified.
这些涂鸦则是出自尚不知道身份的另一个男人
How-how do you know it was a man?
你怎么知道是个男的
There is an inconsistency to the gradient here.
这里的字迹并不一致
Some of the letters slant to the right, others to the left.
有些字母向右倾斜,其他的向左
Also, the stem of the "P" here
还有,这里字母"P"和
and the "D" here are looped instead of doubled back.
"D"的起笔是个圈而不是折回的
It doesn't guarantee the writer was male,
不能保证写字者是男性
but it's a strong indicator.
起码也八九不离十
Fine. Then these guys are geniuses.
好吧,那这些家伙们是天才
The point is, I know what they were working on.
重点是,我知道他们在干嘛
It's P versus NP!
这是P对NP问题
Come on, it's one of the most famous problems in math history.
拜托,这是数学史上最着名的难题之一
Harlan, if we were mathematicians,
哈伦,如果我们是数学家的话
you would not be here.
那还让你来干嘛
In simplest terms, P versus NP asks if every problem
最简单的说, P对NP是说是否每个
whose solution can be quickly verified by a computer can also
能在计算机上验证其解决方法的问题
be quickly solved by a computer.
也能借助计算机很快地解决出来
Sounds innocent enough, right? Only it's not.
听起来很简单,对吗,实际上不是
It is filthy.
它是难解之谜
Some experts have even theorized that it can't be solved.
一些专家甚至用理论证明它解决不了
Could it be a motive for murder? That depends.
它会成为凶手的动机吗,得看情况
You think a million dollars could be a motive for murder?
你觉得一百万美金能成为凶手的动机吗
I'm sorry. You're saying this is worth a million dollars?
不好意思,你是说这玩意值一百万
No, but it is getting there.
不,但是很接近了
I mean, this is the farthest
我是说,这是我所见过的
I have ever seen anyone take P versus NP.
解决P对NP中离结果最接近的
I mean, if I... if I had to guess, I would say
如果让我猜的话,我敢说
that these guys are months, maybe weeks from solving it.
他们俩再有几个月,甚至几周就能解出来了
But who would pay a million dollars
但是谁会为了一个数学难题的
for the solution to a mathematical problem?
解法付一百万呢
The Clay Mathematics Institute in Rhode Island.
罗德岛上的克雷数学研究所
They're a non-profit dedicated to promoting math interest.
他们是一家致力于传播数学的非盈利机构
But the thing that they are most famous for
但他们最有名的是
is The Millennium Prizes.
旗下的千禧技术奖
They offer a million dollars to anyone who can solve
他们向能够解决世界上七大最难问题之一的
just one of the seven hardest problems in the world.
任何人提供一百万的奖金
And P versus NP is one of the seven.
P对NP问题就是其中之一
We know that the dead man, Soto, was working with a partner.
我们知道死者,索托,有一位搭档
And you said that Soto's neighbor heard him arguing
而且你说过索托的邻居几个晚上前
with another man a few nights ago.
听到他和另一个男人在争吵
Perhaps the partner thought
或许他的搭档觉得
he could complete the problem himself.
他可以自己解决问题
Take the prize money without having to share it.
从而独享奖金
For what it's worth,
值得一提的是
your victim would not have been working
你的受害者不会和普通的数学家
with just any mathematician.
一起工作
P versus NP is the kind of problem
P对NP问题是一种要求研究者
that people devote their lives to.
愿意为之献身的难题
There is a whole P versus NP community.
专门有研究P对NP问题的组织
A community which you could help us gain access to?
你能帮我们接触到这个组织吗
Well, I sort of travel in different mathematical circles.
我的主要领域是另外的数学圈子
But I do know somebody who's pretty involved.
但我认识对这个圈子非常了解的人
Tanya Barrett. She's a professor at Triboro College.
泰雅·巴雷特,她是泰博鲁学院的教授
I heard about what happened
我今早在新闻上听说了
to Felix on the news this morning.
菲利克斯的不幸遭遇
I still can't believe it.
我现在还是无法相信
Were you two close?
你们关系很好吗
I met him when I wrote my articles,
我在写论文时采访过他
but that was years ago.
不过那是好几年前的事了
It's our understanding, Professor Barrett,
据我们所知,巴雷特教授
that you are a veritable who's who guide
你是鉴定P对NP问题的解决方法
to the world of P versus NP.
研究成果的权威
When I wrote my articles,
我在写论文时
I profiled all the mathematicians
我剖析了所有致力于
who had really devoted themselves to the problem.
研究这个数学难题的数学家
That's how I met Felix.
由此结识了菲利克斯
Do you know if he was close
那你知道他有没有
to any of the other people that you interviewed?
和你某个别的采访对象关系很近呢
I don't think so. Why?
我觉得没有,怎么了
We have reason to believe that before he died,
我们确信在他死前
he was collaborating with a partner.
与人合作解决这个难题
That doesn't sound like Felix.
这可不像是菲利克斯的作风
He was very competitive.
他好胜心很强
But I'll be happy to walk you
不过我很乐意提供
through the names that I do have.
我所知的名单给你们
These are the journals that published me.
这些是发表我论文的期刊
So, um, what made you start wanting
为什么你会开始想写
to write about P versus NP?
关于P对NP的论文呢
Oh, when I was young and very full of myself,
在我年轻气盛的时候
I decided to spend a summer trying to solve it.
我决定用一个夏天的时间解决这项难题
When I looked up, three years had gone by.
可一晃却过了三年
P versus NP may well be unsolvable.
也许P对NP问题根本无解
So... I walked away.
所以我放弃了
Do you know who wrote this proof?
你知道这段证明公式是谁写的吗
Cyril Nauer, a total savant.
西里尔·纳尔彻头彻尾的死学究
He lives in Brooklyn. Look familiar?
他住在布鲁克林区,看着眼熟吗
That's the same handwriting as our mystery mathematician.
和我们要找的神秘数学家的笔迹一致
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of Mr. Nauer, would you?
你一定有纳尔先生的照片,对吧
Cyril Nauer looks like the Unabomber.
西里尔·纳尔长得好像"隐形炸弹人"
Both are mathematicians,
他俩都是数学家
both are loners.
又都性格孤僻
Let's hope only one of them ever aspired to mass casualties.
但愿他们不是都喜欢滥杀无辜
Detective Bell, I believe we may have a strong suspect
贝尔警探,我们可能找到了
in the murder of Felix Soto.
菲利克斯·索托谋杀案的重大嫌疑人
That's good.
那太好了
I just found out we got a second victim.
我刚发现了第二个被害者
He was shot on a sidewalk in Hell's Kitchen
他昨晚在地狱厨房(地狱厨房,纽约曼哈顿西部地区)区的人行道上被枪杀
last night, dragged into an alley.
尸体被拖到一条小巷里
Initial ballistics report says
初步的弹道分析报告显示
it was the same gun that killed Felix Soto.
凶器就是杀死菲利克斯·索托的那把手枪
Any connection between the two men?
两个被害者之间有什么联系
Right now, all I have is a name.
目前我只知道他的名字
Cyril Nauer.
叫西里尔·纳尔
So, want to give me the name of your suspect?
好了,你找到的嫌疑犯叫什么名字
Two mathematicians,
两位数学家
both collaborating on the same infamous problem,
合作研究公认的数学难题
both killed within an hour of each other by the same shooter.
又在一个小时内被同一凶手所杀
Obviously, not a coincidence.
显而易见,这绝非巧合
Your friend said that a solution
你的朋友说P对NP问题的
to P versus NP is worth a million dollars, right?
解决方法值一百万美金,是吗
It's hard to imagine
那应该不止两个人
there's only two people trying to solve it.
想要解决这项难题
You think they were killed by a competitor.
你认为他们是被竞争者所杀
Would make sense, wouldn't it?
这说得通,不是吗
I mean, someone realizes how far they've come,
有人发现了他们的研究成果
murders them to keep them from solving it first.
先下手为强杀了他们
Question is,
问题是
how did they realize how far they'd come?
凶手如何发现他们的成果的
Both men clearly paranoid about having their work uncovered.
显然这两人都很注重保密工作
They recorded every digit in invisible ink.
所有数字都用隐形墨水书写
Maybe one of them bragged to the wrong person.
也许是其中一个胡乱吹嘘,惹祸上身
Says here that CSU found some dog hairs
犯罪现场小组的报告说在西里尔·纳尔
under the arms of Cyril Nauer's coat.
外套的胳膊下发现了一些狗毛
Transferred, presumably, when the shooter dragged
可能是凶手把纳尔先生的尸体
Mr. Nauer into the alleyway.
拖到小巷的时候沾上的
Is there a picture?
有照片吗
Yeah.
有
They sent the samples to the lab to try to determine
他们把样品送到实验室鉴定
the dog's... Boston terrier.
是哪种狗,波士顿梗犬
So...
所以说...
perhaps our shooter owns a dog.
可能,凶手养了条狗
Almost something, I suppose.
也算有点发现嘛
You know, we never finished our conversation from yesterday.
其实,昨晚我们还没说完
I asked you for an advance?
我请你预付工资的事
Just out of curiosity, Watson,
仅仅出于好奇,华生
who exactly asked you for $5,000,
谁问你要这五千块钱
and what is their connection
他和三年前
to the man who died under your care three years ago?
死在你手术台上的病人是什么关系
You told me you had a doctor's appointment yesterday.
你说昨天你去看医生了
That was a lie.
那是在撒谎
You went to visit your former patient's grave.
你去祭拜了以前的病人
You've done so quite regularly since moving in with me.
你搬来和我住以后,定期去祭拜
It's your sleeves; they tend to give you away.
是你的袖子出卖了你
I'm able to detect the fragrance of carnations,
我能从上面闻到康乃馨的味道
but no carnations ever appear at the Brownstone.
但褐石屋里从没出现过康乃馨
You leave them for him, do you not?
所以你拿着花去祭拜他了,是吧
I don't mean to pry.
我无意打探你的隐私
It's just that you went there yesterday,
只是昨天你祭拜完他
and when you returned,
回家之后
you hoped to secure a rather substantial loan
就提出希望为"朋友的儿子"
for the "son of a friend"
预支一大笔钱
neither of whom you wished to discuss.
却对这两人三缄其口
I'd want to make sure
我只想确认
that this person is not taking advantage of you.
你没有被人利用
Yeah, I guess we never really... talked about this, did we?
好像我们从没真正谈过这件事
His name was Gerald Castoro. He was my patient.
他叫杰拉德·卡斯特罗,是我的病人
He needed surgery to remove his right adrenal gland.
他需要手术切除右侧肾上腺
He had a tumor inside it.
他那里长了个肿瘤
A pheochromocytoma.
是一种嗜铬细胞瘤(交感神经肿瘤)
It's rare.
这种病很罕见
And the procedure to remove it is pretty straightforward.
切除手术很简单
I nicked his vena cava.
我错手割破了他的下腔静脉
I don't know how. I just...
也不知道是怎么了,就...
He lost his entire volume of blood
瞬间他全身的血液
into his abdomen in seconds.
都倒灌进了他的腹腔
He was a nice man. He was a dock worker.
他人很好,是个码头工人
Few weeks before the surgery, I got to know his family.
手术前几周,我认识了他的家人
His wife, his son.
他的妻子,儿子
Mrs. Castoro did what most people would do in her situation.
卡斯特罗太太的反应并不出人意料
She sued me.
她起诉了我
I went to court.
我上了法庭
I had to listen to her say a lot of terrible things about me.
不得不承受她对我的控诉谩骂
It was a difficult process, as you can well imagine.
你能想象,这过程很不好受
Gerald's son, Joey...
杰拉德的儿子,乔伊
he was only 17 back then.
当时只有17岁
He wrote me a letter.
他给我写了一封信
He said that he didn't blame me, that it wasn't my fault.
信上说他不怪我,这不是我的错
That he forgave me.
说他原谅了我
At the time, it meant a lot.
在那时,这对我来说意义重大
Is this the first time he's asked you for money?
这是他第一次问你要钱吗
He needed a car to get back and forth from college.
他之前念大学时要买辆车方便回家
His mother needed him around a lot.
他母亲需要他的陪伴
Detective?
警探
Hey. I'm at Cyril Nauer's apartment.
我在西里尔·纳尔的公寓里
There's some stuff here I think you should see.
这里有些东西你该来看看
Okay, so, that's Cyril Nauer's place right there, second floor.
那是西里尔·纳尔的公寓,在二楼
Figured I'd just poke around,
我在房间四处查看
see if I could find any more black bulbs
想看能否发现和你在菲利克斯·索托家
like the one you found at Felix Soto's place.
找到的相同的黑光灯泡
There weren't, but I managed to find this in one of the fixtures.
结果没有,但我在他家找到了这个
Is that a bug?
那是窃听器吗
CSU is going over everything with a fine-toothed comb.
犯罪现场小组正在进行地毯式搜索
But obviously, someone was listening in on Mr. Nauer.
但很显然,有人在监听纳尔先生
Think they might have been watching him, as well.
我想他们同时也在监视他
That's a municipal building. Those cameras are theirs.
那是市政大楼,摄像头是他们的
Even the one pointing directly at his apartment?
那个正对着他公寓的也是吗
Taxi!
出租车
Where you going?
你去哪
Up.
上面
What the hell do you think you're doing?
你要做什么
Keep your vehicle perfectly still,
让你的车乖乖停稳
I'll give you $20 for going absolutely nowhere.
你哪也不用去我就会给你二十块钱
Yeah.
好了
Signal jumper.
信号跨接线
Someone's been using it to hijack that camera's video feed,
有人用这东西拦截了摄制的视频
broadcast it to a remote location.
把视频传送到了另外的地方
Presumably the same person who put a listening device
大概和在纳尔先生家里安窃听装置的
inside Mr. Nauer's apartment.
是同一个人
Good news is,
好消息是
the jumper's transmissions can be traced
这个跨接线的信号可以反追踪
back to a receiver. You find the receiver...
到它的接收器,找到接收器
Find the person who's been spying on Nauer.
就找到了监视纳尔的人
Detective Bell?
贝尔警探
I'm Linus Roe.
我是莱纳斯·洛
I was told you wanted to speak with me.
听说你想跟我谈谈
Your web site says that
你们的网站上说
Roe Encryption Technologies offers the highest level
洛氏加密技术公司能够为网络零售商
encryption services for online retailers,
银行以及投资公司提供
banks and investment firms.
最高水平的加密服务
No mention there of illegal surveillance.
但可没有说提供非法监视
I can't imagine why there would be.
我们为什么要提到这个
Because your company's been filming
因为你们公司偷拍了
Cyril Nauer in his home.
西里尔·纳尔在他家里的一举一动
I'm sorry. Am I supposed to know that name?
抱歉,我该认识这个人吗
We found a signal jumper on a camera
我们在纳尔先生家外的一个摄像头上
just outside Mr. Nauer's apartment.
发现了一个信号跨接线
Now, the department's Technical Assistance Response Unit says
警局的技术协助反应小组说
it was broadcasting to your company's server.
信号是被传送到了你们公司的服务器上
I don't know anything about that.
我对这事毫不知情
Well, someone here knows something about it, Mr. Roe.
你们公司肯定有人知道这事,洛先生
And that person may even be responsible
而且那个人可能就是杀害
for Mr. Nauer's death.
纳尔先生的凶手
Cyril Nauer is dead?
西里尔·纳尔死了
I thought you said you didn't know him.
你刚才不是说你不认识他吗
Okay, you're right.
好吧,你们是对的
We were monitoring Cyril Nauer.
我们的确在监视西里尔·纳尔
It was my idea.
是我的主意
But I am telling you that no one at this company
但是我敢说我们公司里的人
would hurt him, not in a million years.
绝不会伤害他,永远都不会
All right, well, back up.
好了,言归正传
Start with why you were spying on him.
先说说你们为什么要监视他
Because of his work on something called P versus NP.
是因为他的P对NP问题的研究
It's... Filthy maths.
是,神秘的数学问题
Virtually unsolvable, worth a million dollars.
几乎无法解决,悬赏一百万美元
Yes, we're familiar with it.
我们很了解这个
Is that why you were surveilling him?
这就是你们监视他的原因吗
Because your company needed money?
因为你们公司需要钱
You're thinking of the Millennium Prize, right?
你是在想千禧年奖是吧
No.
不是的
A solve for P versus NP is only worth...
P对NP的解决方法对他们来说
a million to them.
只值一百万
To us, it's worth tens, maybe hundreds more.
但对于我们,那可值上千万甚至上亿
I mean, mathematicians are drawn to P versus NP
数学家们深深地被这个问题所吸引
because it's math's great white whale,
因为这是数学领域难以攀越的高峰
but the truth is...
但事实上
a solution would have massive real world implications.
它的解决方法会对现实世界产生极大影响
Such as?
比如
A correct proof would essentially render
此问题正确的证明基本上
all modern encryption obsolete.
能使所有现代的加密方法都失效
With the right software,
配合相应的软件
you could hack into any system in the world.
你就能侵入世界上所有的系统
They won't be able to stop you.
谁也无法阻止你
It's one equation. How is that possible?
这就是一个等式,怎么可能这么厉害
Encryption consists of setting up problems
所谓加密就是设定一些很难的问题
so complicated that a computer can't solve them.
从而让计算机无法解出
Solving P versus NP lets you
而解决了P对NP问题,你就可以
run through the possible answer fast enough to crack the code.
很快地筛选完所有结果从而破解密码
I mean, you could come and go as you please
你可以任意进出世界上
through any server on the planet.
任何一台服务器
It's a skeleton key.
它是一把万能钥匙
It's the key to building the skeleton key.
它是创造万能钥匙的钥匙
I mean, once you had the solution,
当你有了解决方法
you'd still need to write the code to apply it.
你还需要编写相应的代码来运用它
The digital world would be your oyster.
虚拟世界就尽在你掌握之中了
You're saying a solution would make your company
你是说这个解决方法能够让你的公司
about as useful as a Pet Rock?
平白致富
Certainly sounds like the kind of thing
而处于你这个位置来说
a man in your position would kill to prevent.
肯定会不惜一切代价不让它公之于众
You don't understand.
你没理解
I wanted Cyril to solve P versus NP.
我希望西里尔能够解决P对NP问题
I approached him months ago because I believed
我几个月前找过他,因为我相信
if anyone could solve it, it would be him.
如果有人能解决这个问题,肯定就是他
I offered to fund his work on the condition
我提供资金供他研究
that if he did solve it,
条件是如果他解决了这个问题
we would keep the proof under wraps.
就不公开证明文件
At least until he helped me to design...
至少在他帮我设计出相应的
cryptography to defeat it.
应对办法之前不公开
So Roe Encryption would be proof-proof.
这样洛氏加密技术公司有矛又有盾
The only company in the world capable of defending
成为世界上唯一一家能够对付
against P versus NP technology.
P对NP技术的公司
Oh, Cyril refused.
西里尔拒绝了
Money didn't mean anything to him.
金钱对他来说不值一提
He wanted the acclaim.
他想要的是名誉
But when we found out that he was working with
但是当我们发现他在和一个
a man named Felix Soto, we...
叫菲利克斯·索托的人合作研究时
infiltrated his home, as well.
我们潜入了他的家里
We took some photos of the work they'd done.
对他的工作成果拍了一些照片
It was a total waste of time.
但这完全是浪费时间
They weren't anywhere near a solution.
他们对解决方法毫无头绪
That's not our understanding.
据我们所知可不是这样
We took the pictures to an expert.
我们把照片给了一个专家看
She said they were nowhere near figuring it out.
她说他们离解决问题还差得很远
Can you tell us her name?
能告诉我们她的名字吗
Uh, Tanya Barrett.
唐雅·巴雷特
She wrote a bunch of articles
她在几年前写了很多
on P versus NP a few years ago.
关于P对NP问题的论文
You talk to her, she'll confirm everything I just told you.
你们去找她吧,她能证实我所说的一切
I'm sorry I didn't tell you everything I knew yesterday.
很抱歉我昨天没有向你们全盘托出
I just didn't think my work with Linus had anything to do
我只是觉得我和莱纳斯的合作
with Felix Soto's death.
同菲利克斯·索托的死没有联系
Did you know when you reviewed the pictures of their work
你在看他们工作成果的照片时
that they had been obtained illegally?
知道是通过非法手段取得的吗
I had a feeling, but I didn't press it.
我有这种感觉,但我没问
The university had cut two of my classes this year.
这个学年学校削减了我两个班的课程
I needed the money.
我需要钱
It's my understanding that you told Mr. Roe that the calculations were no good.
你跟洛先生说他们的研究不顺利
That was a lie, correct?
这是在说谎,对吧
From the second I saw it,
我一看到那些照片
I knew that the work was Felix and Cyril's.
就知道这是菲利克斯和西里尔的成果
They had taken P versus NP
他们对P对NP问题的研究
farther than I'd ever seen anyone.
领先于所有人
And still, they were only a third of the way through.
但是,他们只完成了三分之一的研究
They had years of work ahead of them.
还有许多年才能完成
I thought if I told Linus that the work was bogus,
我想如果我告诉莱纳斯他们的研究没有用
that he'd back off.
他就会放弃
I knew it was wrong.
我知道这样做不对
But so was what Linus was doing.
但莱纳斯的做法也不对
I guess I convinced myself that one bad thing
我对自己说这样做
could cancel out another.
就负负得正了
You're a dog owner, correct?
你养了只狗,对吗
Boston terrier?
波士顿梗犬
How'd you know that?
你怎么知道的
You registered him with the city
2010年你获取宠物许可证时
when you procured a pet license in 2010.
向政府注册过
We found some dog hairs
我们在西里尔·纳尔尸体上
on Cyril Nauer's body that we think
发现了一些狗毛
were transferred from the killer.
我们认为是从凶手身上来的
DNA test showed it came from a Boston terrier.
DNA检测表明是波士顿梗犬的毛
Guess what else you registered with the city.
猜猜你还向政府注册了什么
millimeter handgun in 2009.
2009年注册了一把九毫米口径手枪 .9
It's precisely the same kind of weapon
恰好是两天前的晚上射中
used to perforate Misters Soto and Nauer two nights ago.
索托先生和纳尔先生的凶器
This gun was stolen from my apartment last month.
那把枪上个月从我的公寓被偷了
There was a burglary. I filed...
是一起入室盗窃,我提交了
You filed a police report. Yes, we know.
你提交了一份警方报告,我们知道
Only, the gun wasn't stolen, was it?
只是,那把枪没被偷,对吧
You wanted to be able to say it was
你想在有人把你和那两起谋杀
in the event someone linked you to the two murders.
联系起来时说那把枪丢了
Maybe you thought you could build
也许你认为你可以
on what Soto and Nauer had done.
在索托和纳尔的基础上继续研究
Carry their ball over the goal line.
借助他们赢得最后的胜利
In great success, you claim the Millennium Prize
你会大获成功,获得千禧技术奖
and one million dollars.
和一百万美金
Maybe you were hoping to sell the solution
也许你想要把解法卖给
to Linus Roe yourself someday, make even more money.
莱纳斯·洛,挣更多的钱
This is insane.
这太疯狂了
I didn't kill anyone.
我没杀任何人
Then you shouldn't have any problem accounting
那你应该可以轻松地说出
for your whereabouts between
你两天前的晚上
and 10:00 P.M. two nights ago.
九点到十点之间在哪 9:00
I was at dinner with a friend in Midtown.
我和一个朋友在市中心吃晚饭
I got to the restaurant around 8:30.
我大概八点半到了餐厅
I didn't leave until after 10:30.
直到十点半我才离开
My friend's name is Wayne Kaneshiro.
我朋友的名字叫韦恩·金城
I suggest you contact him.
我想你们可以跟他联系
So, still trying to track Wayne Kaneshiro down,
还在试图寻找韦恩·金城
but in the meantime, I reached out to that restaurant
但与此同时,我去了巴雷特女士
Ms. Barrett said she went to.
声称她去的那个餐厅
They said they'd e-mail me the security footage
他们说会把那天晚上的安保录像
from two nights ago.
用电邮发给我
There we go.
就是这个
I see two underage drinkers,
我看到两个喝酒的未成年人
an affair-in-progress and a bartender
一个搞外遇的,还有一个
who's been stealing from the till.
从钱箱里偷钱的酒保
Not a single college professor.
一个大学教授都没有
Hold up.
停下
Hold up.
停下
8点37分
8:37.
That's about 20 minutes before Felix Soto was shot.
那是菲利克斯·索托被枪杀前二十分钟
Skip to the end.
跳到结尾
See when she leaves.
看她是什么时候走的
She was telling the truth.
她说的是实话
She's not our shooter.
她不是我们要找的凶手
So, you won't go for a jog along the river
你不愿意去河边慢跑
but you will do sit-ups facing a wall at 2:00 a.M.
却在凌晨两点对着墙作仰卧起坐
Detective Bell texted to say that he had located
贝尔警探发短信来说他找到了
Tanya Barrett's dining companion,
跟唐雅·巴雷特一起吃晚饭的人
Wayne Kaneshiro.
韦恩·金城
As if the video evidence weren't enough,
正如录像证据显示的
he has confirmed that he was with her
他确认在案发当晚的
between 8:30 and 10:30 the night of the murders.
8点半到10点半他跟她在一起
We remain devoid of a suspect.
我们还是没有嫌疑人
Calisthenics stimulates the heart,
柔软体操可以刺激心脏
which increases blood flow to the frontal lobe,
这可以促进血液流向额叶
which stimulates deductive thinking.
能够促进推理思考
Also, the river smells like rancid cod.
还有,那条河闻起来像腐烂的鳕鱼
What is up with the nerd brigade?
那些书呆子是怎么回事
These are the other contenders to the P versus NP throne.
那些是欲解开P对NP问题的其他竞争者
We may be wrong about Tanya,
也许唐雅的确不是凶手
but perhaps we were right about the killer's motive.
但我们对凶手动机的推测可能还是对的
Well, how would they have known, uh,
那他们怎么知道
how much progress Soto and Nauer made? I mean...
索托和纳尔进展如何,我是说
you don't think there were more people spying on them, do you?
你不会觉得还有别人在监视他们吧
Watson, conundrum. Conundrum, Watson.
华生,难题,难题,华生
Oh.
对了
On another matter, and against my better judgment,
另一件事,尽管有违我的判断
I've decided to advance you the money that you requested.
我还是决定给你预支你要的那些钱
Oh. Thanks.
谢了
Uh, why-why "against your better judgment"?
为什么有违你的判断
You don't think it the least bit coincidental
你不觉得你和卡斯特罗先生
that both you and young Mr. Castoro decided to visit
在他父亲生日的第二天在墓地相遇
the cemetery the day after his father's birthday?
太巧合了吗
Yes. Of course I do.
我当然觉得了
But you still want to give him the money.
但你仍然决定给他钱
It's complicated. You don't know him. I also know--
这很复杂,你不了解他,我还知道
as does he-- that you blame yourself for the man's death.
他也知道,你为他父亲的死自责
Because it was my fault.
因为那是我的错
It was an accident.
那是个意外
And as loathe as I am to admit it, accidents happen.
尽管我不愿意承认,但意外时有发生
Joey's goodwill
对乔伊表示善意
obviously means a great deal to you.
显然对你来说很重要
But the fact that he has on more than one occasion
但他不止一次提到钱的事
attached a dollar figure reveals his character.
揭示了他的本性
Or at least it does to me.
至少对我来说是这样
I'm an expert on poisons, Watson.
我是毒药专家,华生
I know virtually everything there is to know about them.
我几乎知道关于毒药的一切
But I've come to learn over the last few years
但这几年我学到的事是
that there is nothing on this planet quite so toxic as guilt.
世上毒性最大的就是内疚
Are you gonna advance me the money or not?
你到底给不给我预支钱
It's in that box.
钱在盒子里
Hey. There's over $20,000 in here.
那里有超过两万美元
I only asked for $5,000.
我只要了五千
It's every scrap of cash I currently have at my disposal.
那是我手上的所有现金
Consider the difference a kind of... buyout.
把它当作一次"买断"吧
It's a no-strings-attached transaction which will represent
这次交易以后你和乔伊
the end of all business between you and Joey.
从此再无瓜葛
I-I don't understand.
我不明白
It's quite simple, really.
其实很简单
I'm providing you with the means
我在给你提供一个
to buy the young man out of your life.
让那个年轻人不再出现的方法
He gets the money he needs, you get
他得到他需要的钱,你得到
the peace of mind knowing that he'll never approach you again.
知道他不会再找你的内心的平静
I told you. I don't mind that he approached me.
我说过了,我不介意他来找我
I do. You've made your mistakes, Watson. So have I.
我介意,你犯过错误,我也是
And if there's anything that's become apparent during our time together,
在共事的这段时间我认清了一件事
it's that the great majority of those mistakes
那些错误的绝大部分
belong firmly in the past. Hmm?
都只属于过去,对吧
Take the money. Use it.
把钱拿去,用掉它
Consider it my gift to you.
当作我给你的礼物
Have you considered that Tanya Barrett
你有没有考虑过唐雅·巴雷特
might be working with a partner?
也许有一个同伙
Somebody who committed the crimes for her
当她在市中心制造不在场证明时
while she alibied herself in Midtown?
替她去犯罪
Considered and discarded.
考虑过但又否定了
Why go to the trouble of allying yourself with a partner
为什么要费心跟一个同伙结盟
and then arming them with a weapon
而且还让他用一把
that can be traced back to you?
能追踪到你身上的武器
Hmm, you're right.
你说得对
That would only make it easier to connect her to the crimes.
那只会让她更容易跟罪案联系起来
Unless, of course, that's the intention.
当然,除非那就是目的
What if Ms. Barrett is our
如果有人想让
lead suspect because someone wants her to be?
巴雷特女士成为我们的首要嫌疑人呢
Are you saying someone's trying to frame her?
你是说有人想陷害她吗
Professor Barrett, might I have a word?
巴雷特教授,我能跟你说句话吗
I'm late for a class, Mr. Holmes.
我上课要迟到了,福尔摩斯先生
And I don't feel like being accused of any more murders.
而且我也不想再接受更多谋杀指控了
All of my accusations were based on multiple pieces of evidence
我所有的指控都建立在
pointing firmly in your direction.
多份明确指向你的证据上
I've started to think that might not be a coincidence.
我在想这可能不是个巧合
What are you talking about?
你什么意思
Did you happen to mention to anyone else
你有没有不小心跟别人说过
that you had seen Cyril and Felix's work, hmm?
你见过西里尔和菲利克斯的成果
Anyone who might have felt threatened by their progress?
任何会因他们的进展感到威胁的人
No, of course not.
没有,当然没有
Do you have any enemies?
你有什么敌人吗
Jilted lover, perhaps?
或许是被你抛弃的爱人
Or a student unhappy with a very bad grade?
或许是为你给分太低而不高兴的学生
Are you saying you think I've been framed?
你是说你觉得我被陷害了吗
I'm saying it might explain
我是说这或许能解释
why you're such an alluring suspect.
为什么你的嫌疑这么大
No. This is crazy.
不,这不可能
You're thinking of someone.
你想到了某人
Who is it?
是谁
I got out of a long-term relationship a few months ago.
我几个月前刚刚结束了一段很长时间的恋情
My ex, Jason, was very upset.
我的前男友,杰森,非常生气
He sent me a couple of e-mails.
他给我发了不少邮件
Threatening ones?
威胁邮件
I didn't take it personally.
我没当真
He's always had a temper.
他一直脾气不好
I just thought he was letting off steam.
我以为他是在发泄
These e-mails. Do you think I might be able to see them?
我可以看看那些邮件吗
Give me your e-mail address and a couple of hours,
把你的邮箱地址给我,等过几个小时
and I'll forward you the e-mails when my class lets out.
我下课后就把那些邮件转发给你
Good morning!
早上好
I'm sorry. I don't know either of them.
抱歉,他们俩我都不认识
Their names were Felix Soto and Cyril Nauer.
他们的名字是菲利克斯·索托和西里尔·纳尔
Ring any bells?
想起来了吗
But you were romantically involved with Tanya Barrett.
但你曾和唐雅·巴雷特交往过
Yes, until a few months ago.
是的,几个月前刚分手
Who ended the relationship?
谁提的分手
Tanya. What's all this about anyway?
唐雅,你们到底想问什么
It's our understanding it was a pretty... nasty split.
我们听说你们俩闹得非常不愉快
There were some...
是有些...
unpleasant moments,
不大愉快的时候
like most breakups. Why?
就跟所有人分手一样,怎么了
Tanya was nice enough to share with us
唐雅非常好心地给我们
some of the e-mails that you sent.
看了一些你发的邮件
On November the 11th, 2012, you wrote,
2012年11月11日,你写道
"You'll be sorry you let me go.
你会后悔放弃我的
You've made a serious mistake""
你犯了一个严重的错误
Uh, December 3, 2012:
2012年12月3日
"You deserve to be hurt the way that you hurt me."
你应该尝尝你对我造成的伤害是什么滋味
Is Tanya trying to get a restraining order or something?
唐雅是想要申请限制令还是别的什么吗
Because I'm telling you right now...
因为我跟你们说...
These two men were shot and killed
这两个人两天前
with a .9 millimeter handgun two days ago.
被一把0.9毫米口径的枪杀害了
We think that whoever murdered them
我们觉得杀人凶手
may be trying to frame Tanya for the crimes.
也许想要陷害唐雅
What are you talking about?
你们什么意思
You think I shot these guys?
你们以为他们是我杀的
Just because Tanya dumped me?
就因为唐雅甩了我
Jason, we know you knew them.
杰森,我们清楚你认识他们俩
Tanya told us you met them back
唐雅告诉我们
when she was writing her articles for P versus NP.
她在写P对NP问题的文章时你见过他们
I've never seen these guys before in my life.
我从没见过这两个人
Your e-mails tell a different story.
你的邮件显示的可不一样
The threats you made against Tanya were enough for us
你写给唐雅的威胁邮件
to get a warrant to search your account.
足够我们申请搜查令查阅你的邮件了
In another e-mail you wrote in 2010,
在你2010年写的另一封邮件里
you complained about
你抱怨被逼着去
getting dragged to interviews she was doing for her articles,
她因文章接受的采访
you mention Mr. Soto and Mr. Nauer by name,
你提到了索托先生和纳尔先生的名字
and you accuse her of caring more
然后你还抱怨她对P对NP问题
about P versus NP than she did your relationship.
比对你俩感情还关心
I didn't write this.
这不是我写的
Nor did you place an online order
你今天也没有在网上订购
for .9 millimeter ammunition earlier today.
0.9毫米口径的手枪是吧
Here's the confirmation,
这是证明
in case you want to re-familiarize yourself.
以防你不记得了
Makes me think maybe
我不禁想你是不是
you had a couple more mathematicians in your crosshairs.
还想杀害别的数学家
He wants a lawyer.
他要求请一个律师
Oh, one probably isn't gonna be enough.
一个可能不大够
I just got a call from Stuyvesant Memorial.
我刚刚接到史岱文森纪念医院的电话
That mugger that got shot outside of Felix Soto's place?
那个在菲利克斯·索托门口被枪击的抢劫犯
The one who didn't stand a chance in hell?
完全没可能活下来的那个人
He's awake.
他醒了
Get his statement before he takes another turn.
在他再次不行前给他录份口供
He identifies Jason Harrison as his shooter,
如果他指认杰森·哈里森为凶手
we got him.
那他就跑不掉了
Look, man, I'm just saying,
伙计,我就是说说
why don't you talk to the D.A.
你们为什么不去找地区检察官谈谈
Yeah, tell him to go easy on me.
告诉他放我一马
Or maybe you can describe the person who shoot you
或许你应该描述一下拿枪打你的那人
and take comfort in the knowledge they won't be back to finish the job.
然后为他不会再回来杀你而宽心
She about five-six, mid-30s,
要我猜的话,她大约一米六七左右
if I had to guess.
三十几岁
You said "she."
你是说"她"
Yeah, she.
是的,她
Long brown hair,
棕色长发
glasses.
戴眼镜
Yeah, that's her.
对,就是她
That's the bitch shot me.
就是这个贱人开枪打的我
Right after she shot that other dude in the house.
就在她开枪打死屋里那个人之后
Are you positive?
你确定吗
She was standing two feet from me.
她离我就半米远
All right? That's her.
好吧,就是她
No doubt.
错不了
Benny Charles insists
本尼·查尔斯坚持说
he was shot by Tanya Barrett.
是唐雅·巴雷特向他开枪的
She, of course, has an alibi.
而她,很显然,有不在场证明
She was dining with Wayne Kaneshiro at the time
那时候她正在和韦恩·金城吃饭
and could not have shot Charles, Soto or Nauer.
不可能去杀查尔斯,索托或者纳尔
And yet...
但是...
further analysis of the hairs found on Nauer's body
对纳尔身上发现的毛发的进一步分析
have confirmed that they don't come from
证实那不是
just any Boston terrier,
随便的哪只波士顿梗犬
but the one owned by Ms. Barrett.
而正是巴雷特女士所养的那只
She also once owned the same type of handgun
她也曾经拥有一把
used to commit the murders.
和作案枪支一样的手枪
Jason Harrison, meanwhile,
而杰森·哈里森
he has means and motive to frame Tanya.
他有陷害唐雅的动机和方法
Several e-mails seem to implicate him.
很多邮件也都牵扯到他
But Benny Charles insists
但是本尼·查尔斯却坚持说
he was shot by Tanya Barrett.
是唐雅·巴雷特向他开枪的
Who has an alibi.
而她有不在场证明
You know we're going in circles here, right?
你知道我们在这儿原地打转,是吧
We're in a roundabout.
我们是交通环岛里
We just need to find the proper exit.
只需要找到正确的出口
You're not gonna take my advice, are you?
你不打算采纳我的建议是吧
You're not gonna pay Joey to go away.
不打算用钱打发乔伊
I think there are better ways to spend $22,000.
我觉得这两万两千美元还有更好的用处
You could buy 8,800 beers, for example.
比如说你可以买八千八百杯啤酒
Mm, tempting.
真诱人
But no.
不过算了
So we're gonna continue
所以你要继续
to let him utilize you as his own personal ATM.
让他利用你当私人提款机
I didn't say that.
我可没这么说
You said 8,800 beers, right?
你说八千八百杯啤酒,是吧
That's only $2.50 a beer.
也就是说一杯啤酒才2.5美元
That's what the fat man paid.
那个胖子就付了这么多钱
Put down ten dollars,
扔下十美元
left with four beers.
拿走了四杯啤酒
That's pretty cheap, isn't it?
这还真是很便宜啊,不是吗
Cheap beer, presumably.
可能就是廉价啤酒吧
Yeah, but this is New York,
可我们这是在纽约
and that isn't exactly a dive bar.
而且这也不是那种廉价酒吧
The only time you see drinks that cheap
酒水这么便宜只可能
is during happy hour.
酒吧提供的优惠时段是在欢乐时光
But the time is exactly...
可显示的时间却是...
Time stamp says 9:46.
时间戳显示是9点46分
Yeah.
对啊
Digital time stamp.
数码时间戳
You forgot to carry the one.
你忘记进位了
Only joking.
说笑罢了
I'm sure your maths is impeccable.
我相信你的数学能力无懈可击
Your plan to get away with two murders, however...
不过你想摆脱两宗谋杀的计划就...
Are you out of your minds?
你在说什么疯话呢
The other day, you told us you had dinner
前几天你告诉我们你跟一个朋友
with a friend in Midtown.
在市中心共进晚餐
You said you were there between 8:30
你说用餐时间是从8点半
and 10:30, only you weren't.
到10点半,可并非如此
You were there between 5:30 and 7:30.
其实是从5点半到7点半
Oh, that's ridiculous.
真是太荒谬了
You said you got the footage
你们不是从餐厅
from the security cameras in the restaurant.
拿到了监控录像吗
And it did confirm your alibi.
那确实证实了你的不在场证明
According to the date-time stamp,
根据录像上的时间戳
you and your friend, Mr. Kaneshiro,
你跟你朋友,金城先生
arrive at 8:37 and leave at 10:44.
8点37分到达,10点44分离开
Then I don't understand. Why are you harassing me?
那我就不懂了,你们干嘛还来烦我
When we met with Linus Roe the other day, he explained to us
之前我们见莱纳斯·洛时,他说过
that aside from its applications
P对NP的解法除了
in the world of theoretical maths,
在理论数学上的应用
the solution to P versus NP
还会有更多
would have very real consequences,
在计算机科学方面
very practical consequences, for computer science.
非常实用的应用成果
It would be child's play, for example,
比如,你可以易如反掌地
to hack the hard drive
黑进一家
which stores and records security footage
市中心餐厅存储和记录
in a Midtown restaurant
监控录像的硬盘
and add three hours to the date-time stamp.
并在日期时间戳上加三个小时
A few days ago, we thought that
几天前,我们以为
you killed Felix Soto and Cyril Nauer
你因为想自己破解P对NP问题
in the hopes of solving P versus NP yourself someday.
而杀害了菲利克斯·索托和西里尔·纳尔
Now we know you killed them because you'd already solved it.
现在我们知道你杀他们是因为你已经破解了
You teamed up with a computer programmer,
你跟一个电脑程序员合作
who could write the code
让他写代码
required to steal several hundred million dollars
帮你从不同的金融机构
from various financial institutions.
偷取上亿美金
Problem was, he needed time
问题在于,他需要时间
to write the appropriate code for each one.
为不同金融机构写不同的代码
Time that you feared
而当你得知
you might not have when you learned that
纳尔跟索托距离他们自己的
Nauer and Soto were just a hop, skip and a jump
解决方案只有一步之遥时
away from their own solution to P versus NP.
你就担心时间不够了
You killed them, lest they take their work public
你杀了他们,唯恐他们公布研究成果
and send shockwaves through the digital security industry.
会给数字安保行业带来革命性的改变
I don't know where you're getting this.
我不知道你是从哪听说的
Wayne Kaneshiro
是韦恩·金城
is where we're getting this.
告诉我们的
Your dinner date from the other night.
就是你那天晚上的晚餐约会对象
And the computer programmer
他就是跟你合作的
you've been working with.
那个程序员
Mr. Kaneshiro had written code
金城先生给你写了代码
which allowed you to hack your ex's e-mail...
让你得以进入你前男友的邮箱
plant incriminating letters.
栽赃暗示他有罪的邮件
He'd given Detective Bell a statement saying
他告诉贝尔警探
that the two of you were in the restaurant
你们俩在餐厅的时间是
between the hours of 8:30 and 10:30.
8点半到10点半之间
Once we were able to demonstrate that was a lie,
当我们证明他是在说谎时
he told us everything.
他就全招了
Hey, sorry I'm late. That's okay.
不好意思我来晚了,没关系
So, you said on the phone you had news.
你电话里说你有消息告诉我
I've decided to make an investment.
我决定要投资了
This is huge.
太棒了
Um, seriously, I told my partner...
说真的,我就跟我的搭档说...
I'm not investing in the bar, Joey.
我不是要投资酒吧,乔伊
I'm investing in you.
我是要给你投资
You know, before your father's surgery, he and I
你知道在你父亲动手术以前,他跟我
spent a lot of time together.
一起度过了很多时光
But what you probably don't know is how much we talked about you.
但你可能不知道我们聊了很多你的事
He was so proud that you were gonna become an engineer,
他很骄傲你要成为一个工程师
and then when you earned that scholarship, he was...
当你拿到那份奖学金时,他...
Anyway, listen, I want to offer you a new scholarship.
反正,我想提供一份新的奖学金给你
A check for $22,000--
两万二千美金的支票
enough to finish your undergraduate degree.
足够你念完本科了
Um, that is a...
这真是个...
a very generous offer.
非常慷慨的提议
But school just isn't for me right now. Maybe after...
但我现在不想念书,也许等我...
That is the only help that I feel comfortable offering.
我只愿意给你提供这样的帮助
So you... you clearly have the cash...
所以你明明是有钱的
but you'll only let me have it if I do what you think is right.
但只有我按你的想法去做才能给我
I want to do what's right by your dad. My dad.
是你爸希望你这么做,我爸 -
The one guy who isn't here right now to help me
他现在没法在这帮我
because of you.
全是因为你
I'm sorry. Just...
真抱歉,我...
You don't deserve that.
我不该这么说你
I will support you in whatever you do.
不管你做什么我都会支持你
If you open up a bar, it'll be my new watering hole.
要是你开个酒吧,我会经常去光顾
If you need to talk, I am just a phone call away.
要是你想找人聊聊,可以随时打电话给我
But I am only going to pay for your education.
但我只会为你的学业付钱
So you tell me,
现在你告诉我
what do you want?
你想要什么
Hey. What are you doing?
嗨,你在干嘛呢
I am taking one last look at P versus NP.
我在看P对NP问题最后一眼
What do you mean, "last look"?
为什么说是最后一眼
The NSA has asked the NYPD to surrender...
国家安全局要求纽约警局上交
everything and anything pertaining to the problem,
所有跟此问题相关的一切
including Tanya Barrett.
包括唐雅·巴雷特
They want her in federal custody?
他们要把她移至联邦监禁
They claim it's in the interest of protecting the country
他们声称是要保护国家利益
against her breakthrough.
不被她的成果破坏
She alleges she never kept any hard copies,
她说她从未留有任何纸质记录
and she says she will only explain her work
而且要对她从轻发落她才愿意
in exchange for a deal.
解释她的研究
District attorney, however, has little interest.
不过地方检察官不太有兴趣
So it seems, in spite of everything...
所以看来这些证据
the proof may not usher modern encryption
最终还是不会将现代加密技术
into obsolescence after all.
推向另一个高峰了
How was coffee?
咖啡喝得怎样
Joey said that he would think about my offer,
乔伊说他会考虑我的提议
but I am not holding my breath.
但我没抱很大希望
I thought your plan was quite clever.
我觉得你的计划挺聪明的
You demonstrated your goodwill without allowing him
你展现了自己的善良,也防止他
to take further advantage.
再占你便宜
You know that if he had taken me up on that offer,
你知道如果他答应接受那笔钱
I was going to pay you back, right?
我是打算还钱给你的,对吧
You know I have about as much interest in money
你也知道我对钱跟对赫梅尔陶俑一样
as I do Hummel figurines.
没多大兴趣
Either way, thank you.
不管怎样,都谢谢你
You know, I-I'd quite like to go with you next time.
下次我很愿意跟你一起去
To the cemetery.
去墓地
Obviously,
很显然
the mistake that you made, it, uh...
你犯的那个错误
changed the course of your life.
改变了你的人生
The man seems to have left quite an impression, as well.
那个人似乎也对你影响很大
I'd just like to pay my respects.
我就是想表示一下尊敬
I'd like that.
好啊