Excuse me.
打扰一下
Roses, a dozen.
一束玫瑰花,十二朵
I know.
我知道
He said he was heading to his girlfriend's house
他说他正要去女朋友家
and she cancelled on him.
可是女朋友临时取消约会了
No, didn't even tell me his name.
没,他连名字都没告诉我
Just said he didn't want them to go to waste.
只说不想浪费了这束花
It was nice.
还挺不错的
It's been a lousy week.
这周过得真糟糕
Maybe things are finally turning around.
也许总算开始时来运转了
Tragic news out of Manhattan this evening,
曼哈顿今晚发生一起悲剧
where a young woman was pushed in front of a subway train.
一名女子在地铁即将到站时被推下月台
Seriously, you guys have, like,
说真的,你们俩的宝宝
the cutest kids in New York.
绝对是全纽约最可爱的
It's true.
说的没错
Who knew these guys back in college
念大学的时候谁会想到
would be such a baby factory?
你俩会这么一个接一个地生
Me, I did.
我,我想到了
Right after I caught them having sex in my bed.
就在我发现他们在我床上滚床单之后
One time, freshman year.
就一次,大一那年
You must move on.
你还是忘了吧
Yeah, and let's be honest,
实话实说吧
that is the most action that bed saw all year.
那床一年到头见过最多的"动作"就是这个了
Are you going to be able to make it
周六萨米的生日派对
to Sammy's birthday party on Saturday?
你有空来吗
2:00, yes.
两点钟,当然来
I am wrapping up with my client on Friday
周五我和客户做收尾工作
and I may be able to help and come set up.
也许我还能过来帮忙布置
How is that going, by the way?
说起来,干得怎么样
The companionship thing.
当康戒陪护这回事
If by "thing" you mean career,
如果你的"这回事"指的是我的职业
it is going really well.
我觉得干得还不错
I-I-I don't know, I've worked with some amazing people.
我不知道,我的客户都是些很有意思的人
I think it's incredible, what you're doing.
我觉得你的工作太不可思议了
I mean, you walk away from being a doctor,
你放弃了做医生
find a new way to help people?
找到一种帮助别人的全新方式
Same old Jo.
还是那个老样子的乔
Sweet.
真贴心
To Joan. To Joan.
敬乔恩,敬乔恩
And the baby.
还有未出世的宝宝
And the baby!
还有宝宝
Oh, sorry, guys, this is, um, one of the rehab facilities
抱歉,是把我介绍给其他客户的
that, um, refers me to other clients.
康戒中心打来的
I should take it.
我得接一下
I'll be right back.
马上回来
This is Joan Watson.
我是乔恩·华生
Joan, this is Dr. Caruso at Hemdale.
乔恩,我是汉德尔康戒中心的卡鲁索医生
I sent you a case file a little while ago.
我给你发了一份客户资料
I was wondering if you had a chance to look at it?
你看过了吗
I'm just opening it right now.
我正在打开
The patient in question
这位病人
completes his stay with us on Monday.
周一完成了在我们这的疗程
His father expressed some concerns about life post-rehab,
但他的父亲担心他离开康戒中心后的生活
so, I recommended a companion.
我就向他推荐了康戒陪护
He looked at some resumes and chose you.
他看了几份简历,选中了你
So, can I tell him the interest is mutual?
我能告诉他你有兴趣接受工作吗
Sure, I just have one question.
当然,我只有一个问题
Uh, what kind of name is Sherlock?
夏洛克算是个什么名字
I can't do this.
我做不到
Ah, just shut it off.
快把它关掉
Can't let the noise get to you.
不能让报警声影响你
You know this. I know.
你应该知道的, 我知道
But you did better with the lock this time.
但你这次开锁表现得不错
It took you six seconds.
只花了六秒钟
How weird is this?
这太古怪了
You're Sherlock's sponsor
你是夏洛克的担保人
and I'm his sober--
我是他的康戒
well, I was his sober companion-- until recently.
直到最近,我都是他的康戒陪护
And now you're teaching me how to break into cars.
而现在你却在教我怎么开车锁
You want to do the kind of work he does.
谁让你想和他从事同样的工作
Besides, every hour I spend with you,
除此之外,我陪你多久
he's got to do two with me.
他就得陪我两倍的时间
How's that going?
你们相处得怎么样
He's good.
还不错
He's in a good place.
他状态很好
Happier since you decided to work with him.
你决定做他的助手后,他情绪好多了
Hey, I gotta go.
我得走了
I'll give you a ride.
我送你一程
Dreadful news
不幸的消息
I heard from my father this morning.
今早接到了我父亲的电话
Really?
是吗
Not the man himself, of course.
当然不是他本人打的
One of his minions.
一个他的随从打的
Apparently, he's holding me to the bargain
显然,他让我遵守我问他
that we struck when I borrowed that pittance from him.
借那点小钱的时候达成的约定
If you're referring to the $2.2 million
如果你是指用来付
that you borrowed to pay off the kidnapping ransom,
绑架赎金的那两百二十万
I'd say that's a little more than a pittance.
那可不是一点小钱
I foiled that kidnapper.
我抓住了那个绑架犯
Every penny was accounted for and returned.
钱全部收回并还给他了,一分不差
Yeah, but still.
是,但借钱是事实
You're off his teats now, Watson,
你已经不为他干活了,华生
you can stop taking his side.
不用再帮他说话
What did he want?
他想要什么
Uh, to meet with one of his many attorneys
他要我今早去见他的众多律师之一
this morning and discuss work of an investigative nature.
讨论一些调查性质的工作
Knowing father, the man is a shyster's shyster.
我了解我父亲,他是个不折不扣的讼棍
You know, Dad once helped defending a client
他帮一个简直是阿道夫·希特勒和
who was equal parts Adolf Hitler and Bernie Madoff.
伯纳德·麦道夫结合体的客户辩护过
Hey, does your father know that I'm still here
你父亲知道我还在这儿
and that we're working together now?
并和你一起工作吗
Why would he care?
他关心这个干嘛
I don't know, I was just curious.
不知道,我只是好奇
You're an aspiring detective now, Watson.
你现在是个有抱负的侦探了,华生
Apply your curiosity to your cases.
把你的好奇心用在案子上
Impressive.
真不错
I know; I could look at this all day.
是啊,在这里看一整天风景都不会厌
No, I was talking about the glass.
不,我是说这玻璃窗
It's... bullet-proof.
是用防弹玻璃做的
Six-inch glass-clad polycarbonate, hmm.
6英尺厚的聚碳酸酯玻璃幕墙
Mr. Holmes.
福尔摩斯先生
Philip Armistead.
菲利普·亚米斯德
Do you know that "Shyster"
你知道"讼棍"在德语里
is German for "one who defecates"?
是指"大便的人"吗
And this is my assistant Rebecca.
这是我的助手丽贝卡
So, let's cut to the proverbial chase, shall we?
让我们开门见山吧,好吗
How much slime will my associate and I
我和我的助手要
have to wade through in order to help you?
趟多少浑水才能帮到你
My father said you were in need of my services.
我父亲说你需要我的服务
You're an attorney, you work for him, he values you:
你是律师,你为他工作,他很看重你
three good reasons to assume
从这三点能充分看出
that the work we will have to do will be vile.
我们要做的一定不是什么好事
Actually, I was hoping you might be able to help Rebecca.
其实,我希望你能帮助丽贝卡
My sister Callie...
我的妹妹凯丽
she went missing almost six months ago.
她六个月前失踪了
I'm worried her husband may have done something to her.
我担心是她丈夫对她下了毒手
Uh, I guess I should start with "I'm sorry".
我想我要先说"对不起"
I hate that I can't say these things to you face-to-face.
我恨自己没勇气当面和你说
It's just...
只是...
I don't love you anymore, Drew.
我不爱你了,德鲁
And it hurts to say that, you don't know how much.
你知道的,说这话我也不好受
I care about you, I want you to be happy,
我在乎你,我希望你幸福
but I need to be happy, too.
但我自己也想要幸福
And I thought that I could tough it out
我以为自己能挺过去
and give us both a little more time.
能再多给我俩一点时间
But then that woman got pushed in front of a subway train the other day--
可看到那个女人被推下地铁月台的事后
the woman with the flowers--
那个拿着鲜花的女人
and, I don't know, I couldn't stop thinking about her.
我不知道,我一直不住地想着她的遭遇
Life is too short to stay with someone
生命太过短暂,不能浪费在
who doesn't make you happy.
不能带给你幸福的人身上
So, uh, I'm going to go away for a little while.
所以我决定离开一段时间
I don't know where and I-I don't know for how long.
我不知道要去哪,也不知道去多久
I just know that I need some time.
我只知道我需要时间静一静
Maybe, someday, you'll find it
也许有一天
in your heart to forgive me.
你能从内心深处原谅我
When my brother-in-law Drew first showed me the video,
我妹夫第一次给我看这段视频的时候
I didn't question it.
我没觉得有问题
Callie had always been a little fragile.
凯丽一直有点多愁善感
Packing up her stuff and hiding out for a while,
收拾行李,出去散散心
that sounded like her.
确实像她会做的事
But then after the days started turning into weeks,
但几天过去,又过了几周
I got suspicious.
我起了疑心
The marriage was... troubled?
他们的婚姻,出了状况吗
Callie had left him once before.
凯丽和他分开过一次
That was about a year and a half ago.
大概是一年半之前
What happened?
是怎么回事
I don't know. Callie didn't even tell me
我不知道,凯丽在几周以后
she'd done it till a few weeks later,
才告诉我那事
and by then, she and Drew were back together.
但那时,她和德鲁又和好了
And I tried to get her to talk about it,
我试过让她告诉我缘由
but she said it was all in the past.
可她说事情已经过去了
She was like that--
她就是喜欢
she kept everything bottled up; private.
把什么事都压在心里,不告诉别人
So, when she didn't return my phone calls
所以德鲁给我看过视频之后
after Drew showed me the video, I wasn't surprised.
我不奇怪她没接我电话
After a few weeks, Rebecca went to the police.
几周之后,丽贝卡报了警
They tried to locate Callie via her cell phone,
他们试图通过凯丽的手机,信用卡
credit card, e-mail records,
和电子邮件记录找到她
but they came up empty.
但是徒劳无果
She hadn't used any of them since before she disappeared.
自从失踪以来她就没用过上述任何东西
They questioned Drew, but he managed to convince them
他们质问了德鲁,但是他设法说服了他们
the video was authentic.
视频是真的
Oh, you-you think it's a fake?
那你认为它是假的
I think things were bad between Drew and my sister.
我认为德鲁和我妹妹的关系很糟
He could've forced her to make the video
他可能强迫她拍了那个视频
so that, after he killed her,
这样一来,他杀掉她之后
he could show it to the police and convince them
他就能给警察看视频,并说服警察
that she'd run away.
她是自己离开的
Which he did.
他就是这么做的
There's also the trunk.
还有这箱子
It was our grandmother's.
它是我们祖母的
My father willed it to me before he died.
我父亲去世之前将其过继给了我
My apartment is tiny, so I let Callie
我的公寓很小,所以我让凯丽
keep it at her place.
替我保管
The deal was,
我们说好
she would give it to me if I ever moved.
如果我搬家了她就把箱子还给我
The first time that I went
她失踪以后
to see Drew after she disappeared,
我第一次去找德鲁的时候
I realized that the trunk was gone, too.
发现那个箱子也不见了
He claimed that she took it with her,
他声称她将其一并带走了
but I know that she would never do that.
但我知道她不会这么做的
I told the police that I think he did what he did.
我告诉警察说我认为他杀了我妹妹
And he used the trunk to get rid of her.
并用箱子弃尸
I've had the firm's top investigators
我让公司里最好的侦探
on this for months.
查了几个月了
They haven't managed to come up with anything.
他们至今没查出任何东西
I happened to speak with your father the other day,
几天前我碰巧跟你父亲聊到
and he recommended I reach out to you.
他推荐我来找你
Would you excuse us for just one moment?
介意我们失陪一下吗
Come on.
走吧
That woman could not be more wrong
关于她妹妹的视频
about her sister's video.
那女人简直大错特错
It was most certainly not made under duress.
它绝对不是被胁迫的产物
Tell me.
说来听听
The human face, Watson, is like the penis.
人的脸啊,华生,就跟阳具一样
Or so said the great personality theorist Silvan Tomkins.
伟大的人格理论学家希尔文·汤姆金斯是这么说的
The point being:
他的观点是
the face, like the male member,
人的脸跟男性生殖器一样
has a mind of its own; it betrays us
是有自主意识的,它几乎每天
on an almost daily basis; advertises our secrets
都背叛我们,将我们的秘密
to those who know what to look for.
显露给知道要找什么的人
The woman in that video was utterly calm
拍摄视频的时候,那女人
when she filmed it.
十分冷静
More than that, I think she was excited to move on.
不止如此,我认为她对开始新生活还很兴奋
You and I were not looking at the same video.
你和我看的不是同一个视频吧
Her jaw muscles were relaxed, not tight.
她的颚肌是放松的,不紧张
Her nose wings were not dilated.
她的鼻翼没有扩张
She wasn't going off some script,
她不是在念稿子
she meant every word she was saying.
她说的每一个字都发自肺腑
Nose wings. We have an opportunity here, Watson.
鼻翼, 我们遇到了一个机会,华生
More precisely, you do.
更准确来说,是你
I think this would make an excellent first case for you.
我认为这会是你极好的处女作
You want me to find Callie Burrell on my own?
你想让我凭一己之力找到凯丽·伯勒尔
Every good investigator needs to be able to find people
每一个优秀的侦探都要有能力
who do not wish to be found.
找到不想被找到的人
More often than not, those are dangerous criminals.
在大多数情况下,他们是危险的罪犯
Ms. Burrell is merely a wife grown tired of her husband.
而伯勒尔夫人不过就是个厌恶了丈夫的妻子
It's a case with training wheels.
这案子非常明了
You can't be sure that Callie is okay.
你不能肯定凯丽就没事
And, you know what, th-th-there might be something
你知道吗,她姐姐说的话
to what her sister is saying.
或许有些是对的
Maybe, maybe not. Your job to find out.
或许是,或许不是,要靠你来找出答案
Is this because the case came through your father?
是因为这个案件是你父亲交给你的吗
No, it's because the case suits you.
不,是因为它适合你
Besides, I have one of my own which I wish to take up.
再说,我自己还有一个想调查的案件
Oh, that's the woman that Callie mentioned in her video.
是凯丽在视频中提到的女人
She was murdered just days before Callie
她就在凯丽"失踪"的
quote-unquote vanished.
几天前遇害了
The man who pushed her was never found.
一直没找到推她的男人
I lost a valued informant to a pusher back in London.
在伦敦时,我因为地铁推手失去了一位珍贵的线人
Ugly business, yeah.
可怕的下场
As horrific a death as you can imagine.
你能想象的最糟糕的死亡方式不过如此
Now, I found that killer.
我找到了那个杀手
I suspect I can find this one as well.
我认为我也能找到这个杀手
Hey, aren't you going to tell
你不打算告诉
your father's friend what we're doing?
你父亲的朋友我们的打算吗
Your case now, Watson.
现在是你的案件了,华生
You tell him.
你去告诉他
I must confess, I'm quite embarrassed
我得承认,这个案件发生时
this murder escaped my attention when it first transpired.
我竟没留意到,真惭愧
I was still locked away in Hemdale at the time.
我当时还被关在汉德尔
"Locked away" is a little exaggerated.
说关着有点夸张吧
When in days of my arrival,
就在我到那的几天后
the staff forbade me access to newspapers.
工作人员就禁止了我看报纸
Something about police blotters riling me.
报纸上警情通报的一些内容激怒了我
No, you? Curious case, this one.
不会吧,你, 这起案子很稀奇
Man approaches woman.
男人接近女人
Man gives woman flowers.
男人送女人花
And walks away, only to return moments later
然后走开,但是片刻之后回来
and push woman in front of train.
将女人推到了列车前
It's pretty obvious the guy's a psychopath.
很明显这家伙是个精神病
Likely, yeah.
的确有可能
Obvious, no.
但并不明显
He takes great care to keep his face
他谨慎小心地让自己的脸
angled away from the platform security cameras.
不被月台上的摄像机拍到
Speaks to premeditation.
证明他有预谋
He'd been to the platform before and cased it.
他之前去过月台,并勘察了地形
Psychopaths can't premeditate? No, of course they can.
精神病不会预谋吗, 不,他们当然可以了
But tube pushers tend to be lunatics
但是地铁推手有疯子的倾向
of the raving variety.
是疯狂十足的那种
They're sloppy.
他们很大意
This man was the opposite.
这个男人却完全相反
Good news is...
好消息是
...I know exactly what he looks like.
我完全知道他的长相了
Look, I can't tell if you're kidding right now or not.
你是认真的吗
I reached out to the witnesses who helped generate
我去找帮助画出画像的目击证人
that sketch-- completely useless,
完全没用
especially with regards to the patch
尤其是关于他的夹克上
he has on his jacket here-- looks like some sort of logo.
这个位置有个袖章,看起来像是某种商标
I can't tell what it is.
无法判断那是什么
You think you can find the guy from a patch?
你认为你能从一个袖章找到人吗
Stranger things, Watson.
更怪的事都有,华生
How goes the search
你寻找我父亲的律师的
for father's lawyer's assistant's sister?
助手的妹妹的事进展如何了
Well... I went through
我仔细看过了
everything that the firm's investigators
公司侦探调查到的
have put together, and so far, nothing.
所有资料,目前为止毫无发现
I mean, if she's really hiding from her husband,
我是说,如果她真的是在躲避她的丈夫
she's doing a bang-up job.
那她干得真棒
I can see why the police called off the search.
我能明白为什么警察停止了搜索
Have you spoken to the husband yet? No, I called
你跟丈夫谈过了吗, 没,我今天
his art gallery today, and he's out of town.
给他的画廊打电话,他出差了
I'm gonna pop in tomorrow
我明天会亲自登门造访
and do my best Columbo impression.
尽力扮演好我的侦探角色
He was a...
科伦坡是...
Never mind.
当我什么都没说
I'm excited for you.
我为你感到兴奋
When you talk to him, you'll identify yourself
当你跟他交谈时,你会把自己
as a "consulting detective."
当成顾问侦探一样
You haven't done that before. I...
这是你第一次, 我
Oh, no.
糟糕
Carver and Sons.
我应该在八点
8 o'clock, I was supposed to meet you.
去卡佛尔一家见你的
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you forgot.
我大胆地猜一下,你是忘了吧
Look, Em, I... It's okay. It's not like
听着,我, 没事,又不是
you forgot to meet me the last time we made plans.
上一次我们约好时你就放了我鸽子
Oh, no, wait, you did.
不,等等,你的确这么做了
Let me make it up to you-- uh, tomorrow, my treat.
让我补偿你吧,明天,我请客
I don't know, Joan. Come on. I feel awful.
算了吧,乔恩, 别嘛,我真抱歉
Know what? Yeah.
那好吧
Tomorrow should work. I'll see you at 8:00.
明天应该行,咱们八点见
Okay, great. I'll see you then.
好的,棒极了,到时候见
Mr. Gardner? Hi. I'm Joan Watson.
加德纳先生,我是乔恩·华生
I'm consulting, uh...
我是顾问
I-I'm assisting with an investigation
我,我在协助调查
into the disappearance of your wife.
你妻子失踪一案
I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions?
我在想能不能问你几个问题
Of course. Come in.
当然可以,进来吧
I thought Callie leaving me
我以为凯丽离开我
was the worst thing that could ever happen.
是可能发生的最糟糕的事了
I was wrong-- the worst part was...
我错了,最糟糕的是
realizing Rebecca thought I'd hurt her.
得知到丽贝卡以为我会伤害她
Do you think it's strange that Callie hasn't tried
你觉得凯丽自离开以来没跟
to contact you or Rebecca since she left?
你或丽贝卡联系过,这奇怪吗
Yeah.
是
I guess I do.
我猜是的
But... do I find it stranger than her packing her things
但是,这比我发现她收拾了她的东西
and sending me a Dear John letter
并且以视频的形式
in the form of a video? No.
给我发了封分手信还要奇怪吗,不
She's always been a very...
她一直是个非常
complicated person.
复杂的人
Rebecca mentioned that Callie left you once before?
丽贝卡提到她之前也离开过你
About a year and half ago.
大约在一年半以前
It was just for a couple of days, but still...
只是一两天,不过还是
it was devastating.
令人心碎
That time she called me.
那次她给我打电话了
I begged her to come home. I told her
我央求她回家,我告诉她
whatever was bothering her, we could work it out.
不管有什么烦恼,我们一起解决
I guess I got through to her, because she came back.
我想我说动了她,因为之后她回家了
If you don't mind me asking,
如果你不介意我问的话
what were the problems between you?
你们之间的问题是什么
I don't know.
我不知道
The first time she left, it was like
她第一次出走,对我来说
being hit over the head with a club.
好像当头一棒
I thought things were good between us.
我以为我们相处得很好
I thought we were in a good place.
我以为我们当时的关系很好
Obviously, I was wrong.
很明显,我错了
And what about the second time?
那第二次离家出走呢
She seemed a little distant of late.
她有些疏远
A little depressed. Do you know why?
有些低落, 你知道原因吗
Something to do with that woman
是和那个被推向地铁车轨
who got pushed in front of the subway car.
的女人有关
The one she talked about in the video.
也就是她在视频里说的那个人
Rebecca also mentioned something about a trunk that went missing.
丽贝卡提到有一个箱子不见了
It didn't go missing. Callie took it.
不是不见了,是凯丽带走了
I don't know how many times Rebecca has to hear it
我不知道我要说多少遍
until she believes it.
丽贝卡才能相信
I just wish I could make
我希望我能
her understand that I want Callie back, too.
让她明白,我也想让凯丽回来
Not because I think our marriage can be saved,
不是为了挽救我们的婚姻
I know that ship has sailed,
我知道那已经不可能了
but because I'm worried about her.
是因为我很担心她
I want to tell her that it's okay,
我想告诉她这没关系
that I want her to be happy.
我希望她能开心
Even if being happy means being with somebody else.
即使这意味着她要和别人在一起
Watson? Remember how you said yesterday
华生, 记得你昨天和我说
you thought Callie Burrell was probably okay?
你认为凯丽·伯勒尔有可能没事吗
I do. I'm pretty sure that's not right.
我记得, 我想你猜错了
I'm pretty sure her husband killed her.
我确信她丈夫杀了她
But because I'm worried about her.
是因为我很担心她
I wanna tell her that it's okay,
我想告诉她这没关系
that I want her to be happy.
我希望她能开心
Even if being happy means
即使这意味着
being with somebody else.
她要和别人在一起
That was recorded by the police the first time
这是警察五个月前审讯
they interviewed Drew Gardner five months ago.
德鲁·加德纳的录音记录
He said the same exact thing to me this morning.
这和他今早说的话一模一样
Verbatim. And because he repeated himself,
一字不差的, 因为他说了一样的话
you think he's a murderer.
所以你认为他是凶手
No, it's not because he repeated himself,
不,不是因为他说了一样的话
it's just that what he said sounded rehearsed-- like
但他的话就像是演练过一样
like he came up with his story and then stuck with it.
就好像他已经编好故事,张口就来
Perhaps it's lodged in his brain
也许是因为重复的次数太多
because he's had to repeat it so often.
已经深印在脑海里了
To his sister-in-law, to the police,
对他的小姨子说过,对警察说过
to his friends, to his colleagues, to you.
对他的朋友,同事,还有你都说过
I'm not poking holes. You may very well be right.
我不是在质疑你的判断,你可能是对的
I just want to be certain that you've thought this through.
我只希望你能仔细想清楚了
There's just something about this guy,
我也不知道他哪儿有问题
something I didn't like.
哪里让我讨厌
Let's say your assessment of the man is correct.
假设你的推理是正确的
He is a cad and a killer. That would mean the stakes
他是个粗人,是个杀手,那么
of this investigation have just been raised.
本次调查的利害关系就更复杂了
Would you like me to tag in?
需要我介入吗
No.
不用
No, not yet.
暂时不用
If you were working this case,
如果你在调查这个案子
what would your next step be?
你下一步要做什么
Do you have Mr. Gardner's cell number handy?
你有加德纳先生的电话吗
Gaslighting.
装神弄鬼
A form of psychological abuse
这是一种心理虐待
in which false information is presented
将错误的信息呈现在对方面前
with the intention of disorienting a victim,
让对方感到迷惑
and/or steering them on a certain course of action.
从而引导他做出某些行为
The name derives from the 1938 stage play Gaslight,
名字来自1938年的舞台剧《煤气灯下》
also known as Angel Street.
也叫做《天使街》
Why do you have so many phones?
你怎么有这么多手机
Well, why do you have only one?
那你为什么只有一部
These are burners.
这都是一次性的
They are utterly discardable, virtually untraceable.
可以随意丢弃,无法跟踪定位
Uh, what are you doing?
你在做什么
I know
我知道
that you killed her.
你杀了她
I know
我知道
what you did with her body.
你怎么处理了她的尸体
Mr. Gardner's gas has just been lit.
加德纳先生已经接收到了信息
Now it's just a question of surveilling him,
现在你只需要监视他
observing where he goes, what he does.
观察他去哪里,做什么
You'll need to rent a car for that.
做这些,你需要租辆车
If Gardner is a murderer,
如果加德纳是凶手
our message may throw him off his game.
我们的短信会让他惊慌
He may reveal something to you which he otherwise would have not.
他会因此露出马脚
Where are you going?
你去哪里
Police station to question a suspect.
去警局审讯嫌疑人
You're not the only one
你可不是唯一
who's made progress on their investigation.
在案件上有进展的人
Yeah, I recognize her.
我认得她
She was in the news a few months ago.
她几个月前出现在新闻里
She got pushed in front of a train or something.
被人推向地铁什么的
Yeah.
是的
But that's not
但你不是
how you know her, though, is it, Mr. Samuels?
仅从新闻上知道她的,对吧,塞缪尔斯先生
I mean, you
我是说
you worked in the same office building together.
在她死前,你们在同一个
Before she died,
大楼里上班
she was a secretary. You were a custodial engineer.
她是个秘书,你是门卫
That's right.
对呀
We used to see each other around the building sometimes.
我们在楼里见过几次
Yeah. Yeah.
对,对
Do you remember seeing her around the subway platform?
你还记得在地铁月台上看到她吗
I arrived at a theory last night.
我昨晚得出一个结论
The man who killed Ms. Tully,
杀死塔利女士的人
he'd been on that platform before.
曾经出现在月台上
He'd studied it.
他到那里踩点
He knew where the security cameras were. Hm?
他知道摄像头在哪里
So I began to look at footage from the days and weeks
所以我开始看案发几天前和几周前的
preceding her murder.
监控录像
You'll never guess who I saw following her
你猜我看到了谁不止一次地
on more than one occasion.
跟踪她
Now, this was recorded
这是案发前10天
ten days before her murder.
拍到的画面
There's Ms. Tully.
这是塔利女士
There's you.
那是你
Now, if I'm not mistaken,
如果我没有看错
that's a cell phone that you're carrying?
你手里拿着手机
You're being discreet,
你很隐蔽
but you are recording her.
但你在拍她
You have a record, Mr. Samuels?
你有犯罪史吗,塞缪尔斯先生
You were arrested on a stalking charge
2009年你因跟踪罪
in Florida in 2009.
在佛罗里达被捕
That was a misunderstanding.
那是个误会
Was this a misunderstanding, too?
那这次也是个误会吗
What are you, six feet, about 185?
你1米83 84公斤左右
So was this guy.
和嫌疑犯一样
Put a fake beard on you, some sunglasses,
粘上假胡子,戴副太阳镜
be hard to tell the difference.
几乎和疑犯画像一样
What do you think? I think you make an excellent point.
你怎么看, 我觉得你说的对
I would never have hurt Vivian.
我不会伤害薇薇安
Course you wouldn't. Nor would you have stalked her,
你当然不会,不然你就不会跟踪她
nor would you record images of her on your phone.
也不会用手机拍她
All right, fine.
好吧
You're right, I was there that night.
你们说对了,案发时我在场
And I was in disguise.
而且我也乔装打扮了
But I didn't kill her.
但我没杀她
I thought she'd seen me
我以为她发现了
following her a few nights before.
我这几晚在跟踪她
So I started wearing a hat and a scarf
所以我就戴了帽子,围了围巾
that covered my mouth.
来挡住我的嘴
I'm there.
我当时在那里
I just, I'm not in frame.
我只是没在画面里
Well, that's convenient.
这解释真省事
You don't get it. I was recording her that night, too.
你不懂,我那晚也在拍她
I can prove that
我可以证明
I wasn't the one that pushed her.
推她的不是我
Oh, my God, no!
我的天啊,不
So, what do you think?
你怎么看
It's Anson Samuels' voice, that much is certain.
是安森·塞缪尔斯的声音没错
The question is, has the video been manipulated in some way?
问题是,视频是否被做过手脚
If it hasn't, did Samuels orchestrate the pushing?
如果没有,是不是塞缪尔斯策划了这一切
Did he hire an equally mad associate
他有没有雇佣一个精神有问题的人
to murder the object of his obsession
来谋杀他的跟踪对象
so that he could record it for posterity?
而他自己就能在旁边拍摄了
Well, we're holding on to him either way, but eventually,
我们现在还能拘留他,但最终
we're gonna have to charge him or cut him loose.
如果不起诉他,就要放他走
I was hoping that this new angle would shed some light
我还希望,这条新线索
on the identity of the pusher, but...
能帮我们找出凶手,但是
as luck would have it,
不走运的是
his face isn't seen by this camera, either.
这个手机也没拍到他的脸
Nor was the patch on his jacket.
夹克上的臂章也看不到
Patch?
臂章
Excuse me.
失陪一下
Watson. Still surveilling?
华生,还在监控吗
If by "Surveilling," you mean sitting on my butt
如果你所说的监控,是指坐着
watching a man do absolutely nothing out of the ordinary,
看一个男人做些毫无异常的事情的话
it's going great.
进行得好极了
The text I sent had no effect.
我发的短信没起作用
Drew Gardner has not left the gallery all day.
德鲁·加德纳一整天都待在画廊里
Well, patience, Watson.
耐心点,华生
There is no branch of detective work
侦探工作里最重要
which is as important nor as neglected
且又最易被忽视的就是
as the art of tracing footsteps.
追踪嫌犯的艺术
It's okay, I've still got a few good hours left.
没事,我还能等几个小时
Actually... you're not-- at least you're not good
其实,你没那么多空
between the hours of 8:00 and approximately 10:00 P.M.
至少晚上8点至10点左右你有事
What are you talking about?
什么意思
I overheard you making plans with a friend last night.
我无意间听到你昨晚跟一个朋友约定
Em. Short for "Emily", if my memory serves.
如果我没记错的话,她叫艾姆,是艾米莉的简称
Oh, no, I can't believe I forgot again.
天呐,我居然又忘记了
Well, I did not, so I reached out to Alfredo earlier on,
我记着呢,所以我提前联系了阿弗雷多
and he is standing by to relieve you.
他可以来顶替你
Are you serious?
真的吗
Thank you.
太感谢了
The busker.
街头艺人
Excuse me?
什么
The busker. The fiddler.
那个街头艺人,拉小提琴的
He's playing Paganini's, uh, 24 Caprices,
他在拉帕格尼尼(著名小提琴手)《24首随想曲》
Opus 1, Number 11.
作品一,第11首
Rewind it.
往回倒一下
There.
停
I don't hear anything over the subway.
地铁站里我什么都听不到
Yeah, neither do I.
我也没听到
Then how can you tell he's playing Paganini's whatever?
那你怎么知道他在拉帕格尼尼的什么鬼东西
I can see it-I know the piece from... the bowing,
能看出来,从他的运弓,指法
fingering, double-stop trills.
和双音的弹奏
You don't know I play the violin?
你不知道我拉小提琴吗
Before today I didn't even know you ate food.
今天以前我还以为你连饭都不吃呢
I don't get it. What does it matter
我不懂了,这家伙拉什么曲子
what song the guy's playing?
有什么关系
Oh, it doesn't. What matters is, he stops in the middle.
是没关系,重要的是,他中途停下了
Watch.
看
He stops halfway through the andante,
他正拉着行板突然停下来
doesn't even touch the presto.
还没开始急板呢
Question is: why?
问题是,为什么
Why does he stop so suddenly and leave the platform?
他为何匆忙停下,又离开月台了呢
The answer is...
答案是
he sees our pusher.
他看到了凶手
He knows him.
他认识这人
He might even have known what he was about to do.
他甚至可能知道那人准备干什么
We find our busker... we find the pusher.
只要找到街头艺人,就能找到凶手
Hey.
你们好啊
I didn't know you guys were gonna be here, too.
我不知道你们俩也会来呢
It was sort of a last second thing.
是突然决定的
How is everything? What's going on?
你们都过得怎么样
There's a reason why I asked Hope and Ken to join us.
我叫上霍普和肯是有原因的
Uh, can I get a beer?
能给我一瓶啤酒吗
Uh, your mother called me the other day. Yeah?
之前你妈妈打电话给我, 是嘛
We got to talking. Thanks.
我们就聊起来了, 谢谢
I told her how you and I kept missing each other.
我告诉她我们俩一直没机会见面
She said you're working as some sort of detective now.
她说你现在在做类似侦探的工作
And she's so proud of you, excited.
她非常为你骄傲,很兴奋
But when I heard, I just...
但我听说这事时,我觉得...
What?
怎么
I don't know. I...
我也说不清,我...
Well, in a way, on the one hand, it explained a lot.
不过这倒是从某种程度解释了很多事
You know, the way you've fallen out of touch
解释了这几个月你为何
these last few months?
都不跟我们联系了
How you've made and broken so many plans with me.
还有你跟我约了这么多次却都爽约
With Hope and Ken.
跟霍普和肯是如此
With others.
还有其他人
We were worried about you, Joan. I guess we still are.
我们当时就担心你,乔恩,现在也是
Is this is an intervention?
你们是在给我开劝导会吗
Wow. No, it's not.
不,当然不是
It's just a few friends expressing concern
只是一帮朋友在表示对你的
for another.
担忧
That's an intervention. Trust me.
这就是劝导会,相信我
I have helped organize plenty of them.
这种东西我组织过很多次
Back when you were still a sober companion, right?
在你还是做康戒陪护的时候,对吗
After you were a surgeon,
在你辞去外科医生工作
but before you decided to become a private eye?
但决心要做私家侦探以前
I'm sorry, but you seem lost.
抱歉我这么说,但你好像很迷茫
You have ever since you stopped practicing medicine.
从停止从事医务工作时你就这样
We know that your new mentor is your last sober client.
我们知道你现在的新导师是你上一个康戒客户
And...?
所以呢
"And...?"
所以
Joan, you quit your job and moved out of your apartment
乔恩,你辞去工作搬出公寓
so you could live full-time with a recovering drug addict
就为了全天候陪着一个康复中的瘾君子
who's going to teach you how to be some sort of gumshoe?
而他还准备教你怎么开展秘密工作
Are you involved with him?
你们俩有私情吗
Because that would explain a lot.
要是这样就容易理解了
You know what?
知道吗
I am gonna see you guys later.
我以后再找你们吧
What? Joan!
什么,乔恩
I didn't think that I would have
我不觉得我有必要
to explain my life to you, Emily. Come on.
向你解释我的生活,艾米莉, 别这样
I mean, what would you say to me if I told you
要是我告诉你我不干记者了
I was quitting journalism to become a...
而要去做个什么风帆冲浪运动员
I don't know-- a windsurfer?
你会做何反应
Or if Hope told you
或者霍普跟你说
she was giving up teaching to join the Marines.
她不当老师而要去参加海军
Would you really just congratulate us?
你真的只是会恭喜我们吗
Or would you pull us aside and make sure everything was okay?
还是说你会把我们拉到一边,确保没出什么问题
So, do you think what I do is like windsurfing?
那么你觉得我现在做的事像风帆冲浪吗
I don't know what it's like.
我不知道它是怎样的
I just know you.
但我了解你
And I know you're not a detective.
我知道你不是做侦探的料
One of those self-storage places.
是个私人仓库
The guy you wanted me to watch talked to the manager,
你让我盯着的人跟管理员说了什么
walked in that unit right there.
然后进了那边那个仓库
That trunk.
是那个箱子
It belonged to his sister-in-law.
这是他妻子的姐姐的
She thought he might have used it to get rid of his wife.
她觉得他会用这箱子来弃尸
Are you trying to tell me there's a person in there?
你是说那箱子里可能藏着个人
Sherlock sent him an anonymous text this morning,
夏洛克今早给他发了条匿名短信
said he knew where the body was.
说他知道尸体藏在哪
And now, he's getting that trunk out of storage.
而现在,他就把箱子转移出仓库
We need to call the cops. No, no, not yet.
我们得报警, 不,还不行
What do you mean "not yet"? I want to do this myself.
还不行是什么意思, 我想自己来解决
Do you still have that slim Jim? Yeah.
那根金属片还在这里吗, 对啊
Look, I didn't hear a alarm trip on,
我没听到他锁车
so all I have to do is get past that door lock.
所以只要我能打开车门就行了
Joan... What?
乔恩, 怎么
You don't think I can do this?
你觉得我办不到吗
Oh, I know you can do this,
不,我知道你能办到
'cause after everything I taught,
你是我教出来的
you could jack that car in your sleep-Joan!
你现在在睡梦中都能撬开车,乔恩
Hey!
住手
That's enough, ma'am.
赶紧住手,女士
Step away from the car, please.
请你离开那辆车
Hey, is there a problem?
出什么事了吗
Is this your vehicle, sir? Yeah.
这辆车是您的吗,先生, 对
I'm the guard here. I saw this woman
我是这儿的保安,我在监控器里
breaking into your car in one of my monitors.
看到这位女士撬开了你的车
You-- you're the one who came to ask me questions about Callie.
你就是来找我询问凯丽的事的人
I'm investigating this man.
我正在调查这个人
I have reason to believe that he murdered his wife
我有理由相信他杀害了他妻子
and hid her body in this trunk.
并把尸体藏在这个箱子里
What?! That's a lie.
什么,太胡扯了
There's an easy way to see if I'm right.
要知道我是否在说谎很容易
Just ask him to open it.
让他把箱子打开
Excuse me? I don't have to open a damn thing.
什么,我才不用开箱子给你看
His name is Drew Gardner.
他叫德鲁·加德纳
You can look it up on your phone.
你可以拿手机上网查
There are articles on the disappearance of his wife.
能找到他妻子失踪的报道
She went missing six months ago, same time as this trunk.
她六个月前失踪,跟这箱子不见的时间一样
Would you open up this trunk, please?
请你打开箱子好吗
Are you kidding me?!
开什么玩笑
If she's wrong, you ain't got nothing to hide.
如果她说错了,你就没什么好隐瞒的不是吗
You can either open up that trunk for me,
你要是不开箱给我看
or open it up for them.
就给他们看吧
Happy now?
现在满意了
I have the very strongest sensation of Deja Vu.
我觉得这场景似曾相识啊
I paid your bail.
我帮你付了保释金
Paperwork's being processed.
他们正在办手续
You'll be released back into society shortly.
很快你就能重回社会了
Thank you.
谢谢
I spoke with Alfredo before I came here.
过来前我跟阿弗雷多聊过
He told me what transpired tonight.
他跟我说了今晚的事情
You took a chance. Yeah?
你冒险赌了一把,对吧
Fortune often favors the bold.
天眷勇者
But not tonight. Mm.
但今晚没有
You were right.
你的判断是对的
The trunk was the same one
那个箱子就是
that Rebecca Burrell mentioned to us the other day.
丽贝卡·伯勒尔跟我们之前说过的那个
If Drew Gardner wasn't using that
如果德鲁·加德纳不是用它
to get rid of his wife's body, what was he doing with it?
处置妻子的尸体,那他是拿来干嘛的呢
Well, I didn't speak to the man himself,
我没亲自问过他
but I did speak to the officers who arrested you.
但我跟逮捕你的警官交谈过
According to the statement that he gave them,
根据他给警官的口供
he sold the trunk
他在收到妻子的视频不久
shortly after he received the video from his wife.
就卖掉了箱子
Partly out of spite,
因为恼怒
partly because his gallery was struggling.
也因为他的画廊出现了危机
He knew it was worth several thousand dollars.
他知道这箱子价值大几千块
Sold it to a client.
卖给了他的一个客户
He could have told Rebecca that months ago.
这事他本可以告诉丽贝卡的
Mm. Well, he was afraid.
不过他害怕
He knew what he'd done was wrong.
他知道那么做是不对的
The trunk was not his to sell.
他没权卖那个箱子
Apparently, your visit yesterday inspired him
很显然,你昨天的到访提醒了他
to come clean.
该说出实情
The idea that Rebecca thought he'd used the trunk to dispose of Callie
丽贝卡认为他用箱子来处理凯丽尸体的想法
was more troubling to him than the idea
所带给他的麻烦要远比
of being punished for his actual transgression.
他为所犯罪行受到的惩罚大得多
So he reached out to the guy he sold it to
所以他联系了之前箱子的买主
and made an offer to buy it back.
又把箱子买了回来
The storage space that he accessed tonight
他昨天晚上去的那个私人仓库
was the collector's, not his.
不是他的,而是那个买家的
He was merely picking up the trunk
他只是想拿回箱子
so he could return it to Rebecca.
然后还给丽贝卡
Apparently, there is a paper trail
很显然,这一系列的事情
which confirms this series of events.
都有书面记录可以证明
I was so sure she was in that trunk.
我当时很确定她的尸体就在箱子里面
Given the many givens, your hypothesis was good.
考虑到当时的情况,你的假设很合理
But I was wrong.
但是我还是假设错了
You were wrong about a trunk.
你对那个箱子的假设错了
That does not mean that you were wrong
但是并不意味着
about the man being a murderer.
你认为那个人是凶手的假设也错了
I just keep thinking
我一直在想
that if you were the one to break into that car,
如果是你去撬开那辆车
she would have been there.
她一定会在里面
But because it was me...
但因为是我撬的
I have another errand to run before tonight is through.
今天结束前我还有另一件事要处理
In the morning,
明天早上
I propose that we begin working both cases together.
我建议我们合作调查这两个案子
After you've helped me find my subway pusher,
你帮我找到在地铁站推人的凶手之后
perhaps I can help you find Callie Burrell.
或许我也能帮你找到凯丽·伯勒尔
Bach? Why, Thaddeus, you've gone commercial.
巴赫,撒迪厄斯,你怎么走商业化路线了
How do you know my name?
你怎么知道我的名字
Your many citations
你因为在地铁月台
for performing on subway platforms.
表演被传讯了很多次
I'm assuming those are the reasons
我想这就是你现在
you're now performing above ground.
换到地面上表演的原因吧
Oh, you're the cops.
好吧,你们是警察
No, no, he is.
不不,他才是
I'm a concerned citizen.
我只是个有责任心的市民
Name Vivian Tully mean anything to you?
薇薇安·塔利这个名字你熟悉吗
No.
不
Well, maybe her picture will.
或许看到照片你就想起来了
No. You were there the night
不认识, 一个疯子把她推下
a madman pushed her in front of a subway train.
地铁月台的那个晚上你也在那
There's no use in denying it.
你抵赖是没用的
We've got you on video.
我们在录像上看到你了
Yeah, okay, I was there.
好吧,没错,我在那
But I only heard about what happened on the news.
但我是后来看新闻才知道发生了什么
I wasn't there when it actually went down.
事发的时候我并不在场
Of course you were, 'cause the minute you saw the pusher,
你当然在场,因为你一看到那个人
you picked up your stuff, and you left.
就收拾东西,离开了
Why? 'Cause you know him.
为什么,因为你认识他
I'd like to know how.
我想知道你是怎么认识他的
Sorry, man, I don't know what you're talking about.
抱歉,伙计,我不知道你在说些什么
You do know what I'm talking about,
你很明白我在说什么
and the sooner you tell me the connection,
你若能早点告诉我你们之间的关系
the less likely I'll be to tell
我就不告诉
Detective Bell here that you're also a pickpocket.
这位贝尔警探你还是个扒手
I was studying you from across the street.
我之前一直在街对面观察你
You're actually very good.
你技术的确很好
Fiddling must keep those fingers nimble, hmm?
拉小提琴让你的手指很灵活,是吧
Detective, would you give us a moment, please?
警探,能让我们单独谈谈吗
Look, I didn't know the guy, okay?
听我说,我不认识那个人
I just knew his face.
我只是认识那张脸
I'd seen him on the platform a few nights before,
案发前几天晚上我在地铁月台上见过他
tried to lift his wallet, he caught me.
我想要偷他的钱包,被他抓住了
Grabbed my wrist, I panicked,
他抓住了我的手腕,我慌了
hauled off and punched him.
我使劲挣脱出来然后打了他一拳
He fell, I took off.
他倒下,我就赶紧跑了
When I saw him the night he killed the girl,
案发那晚我看到他时
I was just worried he might recognize me
我只是担心他会认出我来
and call the transit cops, so I left.
并且报警,所以我就离开了
You're checking out my coat right now, aren't you?
你现在在观察我的外套,对吧
Thinking of where you can infiltrate it.
在想从哪可以伸进手去
Sorry, okay? It's a force of habit.
对不起,这是职业病
Ah, of course.
当然了
I mean, a coat to a picker of pockets
外套对于扒手来说
is like a vault to a safecracker, isn't it?
就像保险箱窃贼见到了金库一样,对吧
You've got to study it,
你不自觉地就会去研究它
find a way in without being detected.
找到一个不会被发现的方法伸手进去
So... the pusher.
那么,那个推人犯
He had a patch on his jacket right here.
他夹克的这个地方有一个臂章
Perhaps you'd be able to tell me what it was.
或许你能告诉我那是什么
If you feel like you have to, don't.
如果你觉得必须如此,不要这么做
So your busker was able
你找的那个街头艺人
to pick out this patch from an image search. Now what?
从一堆图片中认出了这个,现在怎么办
We bring it to the public's attention,
向市民公布这张图
see if it, in conjunction with the sketch,
跟那副画像一起
shakes anything loose.
看看有没有人能想起什么
I thought you both should know:
我觉得应该告诉你们
I invited Drew Gardner to the station a little while ago.
我刚才把德鲁·加德纳请来了
If you apologize,
如果你愿意道歉
promise to pay for the damage
承诺赔偿对他的车
you did to his car,
所造成的一切损失
and refrain from any further harassment,
并且以后不再骚扰他
he'll drop the charges against you.
他会放弃对你的诉讼
I wouldn't accept Mr. Gardner's terms under any circumstances.
我无论如何都不会接受加德纳先生的条件
Yeah, well, she's not you.
对,但她不是你
Miss Watson's instincts have been telling her
华生女士的直觉一直在告诉她
that the man is a murderer.
那个人就是凶手
He's right. I'm not like you. I'm not like you.
他说的对,我不像你,我不像你
I...
我
I've never had a record before.
我从没有过前科
Me and Mr. Gardner
我和加德纳先生
will be in my office.
会在我的办公室里
Think about what you're saying.
说话前先想一想
I am.
我想了
I have. Last night was a wake-up call.
我想了,昨晚就是一次警钟
You made a mistake.
你只是犯了错
No, it wasn't just what happened
不,不光是
at the storage facility.
在仓库发生的事
My friends found out what I've been doing.
我的朋友们也知道了我现在的工作
I didn't realize you'd been keeping it a secret.
我不知道你把这当成了一个秘密
They don't get it.
他们很不理解
Opinions are like ANI, Watson.
观点就像自动识别号码一样,华生
Everyone has one.
每个人都有
You know what, maybe what you do
或许你做的事
is not something that you can teach.
别人是学不会的
Maybe it's something that just has to come naturally.
或许这种本事只能是天生的
I-I just... I have a lot to think about.
我,我有很多事要考虑
Ms. Burrell? Joan Watson.
伯勒尔女士,我是乔恩·华生
We met the other day.
我们之前见过
Please. Have a seat. Thank you.
请进,坐吧, 谢谢
Did you want to ask me more questions about Callie?
你是不是想再问问我关于凯丽的事
Actually, I came to apologize.
实际上,我是来道歉的
I got a little too aggressive
昨晚在调查的时候
with the investigation last night, and...
我有点太冲动了
I'm afraid that Mr. Holmes and I
我恐怕福尔摩斯先生和我
will not be able to remain on the case.
不能够再继续查这个案子了
Ms. Watson?
华生女士
Callie's jacket-- that patch.
凯丽的夹克上,那块臂章
You mean Drew's jacket.
那是德鲁的夹克
It was cold that day.
那天很冷
He let her wear it.
他就让她穿着了
She called it his "Hippie coat".
她管那件衣服叫"嬉皮外套"
He got it at a concert in college or something.
好像是他在大学的音乐会上得到的
This is gonna sound strange,
这问题可能听上去有些奇怪
but has Drew ever had a beard?
德鲁以前留过胡子吗
Yeah, for a while.
是的,留过一段时间
He shaved it off around the same time
大约在凯丽失踪前后
that Callie disappeared.
他把胡子剃了
Why?
怎么了
Let's start with what we know, shall we?
把我们手头的信息梳理一下,好吗
Vivian Tully was murdered
薇薇安·塔利在六个月前
six months ago by a bearded individual.
被一个有胡子的人杀了
We know that Drew Gardner wore a beard
我们知道了德鲁·加德纳大约在那个时候
at approximately that time.
留过胡子
He also owned a jacket
他还有一件夹克
identical to the one worn by the killer.
和凶手穿过的那件一模一样
Several days later,
几天之后
Callie Burrell records a video
凯丽·伯勒尔录了一段视频
in which she says the murder has affected her,
视频里她说谋杀案对她造成了影响
it's made her think.
让她思考了一些事情
She leaves Drew.
于是她离开了德鲁
Thanks to you, we now have reason to believe
多亏了你,现在我们有理由相信
that Drew Gardner was the man that pushed Vivian Tully
德鲁·加德纳就是那个把薇薇安·塔利
in front of the subway train.
推下地铁月台的人
Question is, why?
问题是,为什么
What are the odds that it would
为什么这件事会对她妻子
affect his wife so much that she leaves him?
产生如此大的影响以至于要离开他
Is it possible that's what he was counting on?
有没有可能那正是他的目的
If he was, what kind of plan is that?
如果是这样,他的计划是什么
I mean, how could he know that killing Vivian Tully
他怎么能知道杀了薇薇安·塔利
would affect Callie the way that it did?
就会对凯丽造成这种影响
I don't know.
我不知道
Maybe I'm wrong about this, too.
或许在这件事上我也错了
Maybe it's just a coincidence
或许他只是碰巧有一件
that he has that jacket with a patch.
带有那个臂章的夹克
Have I... have I told you
我有没有告诉过你
how distracting I find self-doubt?
自我怀疑会分散你多大的注意力
If you must wallow,
如果你非要沉湎
I ask that you do it in the privacy of your room.
请你在自己房间独处时,再这么做
Do I need to remind you that I made
需要我提醒你,我昨晚
a mistake last night that got me arrested?
因为判断失误而被逮捕了吗
Do I need to remind you
需要我提醒你
that you made a discovery today
你今天的发现
that may ultimately solve both cases?
最终可能同时解决这两件案子吗
Do you wish to mourn the former or celebrate the latter?
你是想哀悼前者,还是庆祝后者
'Cause I, for one, am fully engaged.
因为我可是全力以赴的
I want to solve this.
我想要破案
Two events.
两起案件
One murder by subway train, one disappearance.
一个是地铁杀人犯,一个是失踪人士
Event "A" cannot reasonably be said
没有任何证据表明事件A
to have any effect on event "B".
对事件B有任何影响
Yet it defies reason
但我们也无法排除
to think that the two are not connected.
两者相关的这种可能性
We know Vivian Tully is dead.
我们知道薇薇安·塔利已经死了
We strongly suspect Callie Burrell is dead.
我们强烈怀疑凯丽·伯勒尔也死了
Drew Gardner, he has no discernible link
德鲁·加德纳和薇薇安·塔利
to Vivian Tully, and therefore,
并无明显联系,所以
no discernible motive for her murder.
对她也没有明显的杀人动机
He does, meanwhile, have motive for his wife's murder.
但对他老婆,他有明确的杀人动机
The marriage was in trouble;
他们的婚姻陷入困境
she had left him once before.
她又一次离开了他
The question remains:
现在的问题是
what are the odds that the murder
这起我们认为是
we think he is responsible
他犯下的地铁站谋杀案
for on the subway platform
促使他老婆
would compel his wife to leave
第二次离开他的几率
the marriage for a second time?
有多大呢
How, in this case,
这个案件里
does "A" lead to "B"?
A是怎么导致B的
Maybe "A" didn't lead to "B".
也许不是A导致B
Maybe "B" led to "A"
也许是B导致了A
I don't know how many times I have to tell you people:
我都不知道要告诉你们多少次
I didn't kill Callie.
我没有杀凯丽
Well, as a matter of fact,
事实上
that's only one of the murders
在你被控告的谋杀案中
that we're accusing you of.
这只是其中之一
This is the other.
还有另外一起
This is the woman Callie talked about in her video.
这是凯丽在视频里提到的那个女的
You think I had something to do with this?
你觉得我跟这事有关
Six months ago, you had a beard
六个月前,你留的胡子
like the one in that sketch.
跟那画像中一样
You also owned an army jacket
你也有一件陆军外套
with a distinctive patch on the right arm.
在右胳膊上有一个独特的臂章
I gave that jacket to Goodwill a long time ago.
那外套我很久之前就捐给慈善组织了
Did you give them your beard as well?
你把你的胡子也捐了吗
Or did you shave it off, so you would look
还是你把它刮掉了,使自己看起来
less like the man who murdered Vivian Tully?
长得不那么像谋杀薇薇安·塔利的人
Last night, when Ms. Watson
昨晚,当华生小姐
suggested you that you might also be the pusher,
说到你也可能是那个推手时
I was confused.
我很困惑
And that doesn't happen very often.
而这并不常见
But in my defense,
但自我辩护一下
the sequence of events, as I understood them,
是因为按我理解,事件的发生顺序
just didn't make any sense.
根本说不通
You choose a woman at random
你随机选择了一个女的
and you shove her to her death.
把她推向死亡
Several days later,
几天之后
the crime inspires your wife to leave you.
你老婆因这起事件离开了你
Now, the odds that the first
第一起事件引起第二起的
leads to the second-- astronomical.
可能性,几乎为零
Then Ms. Watson recalled
这时华生小姐想到
that your wife had left you once before.
你老婆以前也离开过一次
The video.
那个视频
You claimed that Callie left it for you
你说是凯丽六个月前
six months ago, but that was a lie.
留给你的,但你在说谎
She made it for you a year and a half ago...
那是她一年半前录的
the first time she left you.
在她第一次离开你的时候
That's ridiculous.
这太荒谬了
Pretend for a second that I'm right.
假设我是对的
The video is 18 months old.
那视频确实是一年半之前的
In it, Callie references a woman
在里面凯丽提到了一个女的
that was pushed in front of a train.
被推下了列车月台
"The woman with the flowers",
"拿着花的女人"
to use her exact words.
这是她的原话
That would mean 18 months ago
这说明一年半之前
another woman was pushed in front of a train.
还有一个女的被推下了月台
Another woman holding flowers.
另一个拿着花的女人
Her name was Anna Peters.
她的名字是安娜·彼得斯
She was standing on a platform
当时她站在哈莱姆区的
in Harlem when two teenagers on their way to school
地铁月台上,有两个青少年准备去上学
got into a shoving match.
玩起了推搡比赛
One of them bumped her over the edge by accident.
其中一个不小心将她撞下了月台
It was a big story.
这事当时很轰动
A lot of the media outlets that covered it
许多报道过该事件的媒体
mentioned that Anna was on her way to the hospital
都提到安娜当时准备去医院
to visit a sick friend.
看望病中的朋友
When she fell, she was holding flowers
当她摔下月台时,拿着的花
that she had picked from her own garden.
是她从自家花园里亲手摘的
Flowers that she was planning
她本来准备把这些花
to give to her friend.
送给她的朋友
That's interesting, isn't it?
很有趣,不是吗
The man who murdered Vivian Tully six months ago
那个六个月前杀害薇薇安·塔利的凶手
inexplicably gave her a bouquet of flowers
在推她之前也给了她一束花
right before he pushed her.
非常令人费解
You gave her those flowers.
你送给她那些花
Why?
为什么
You thought you had figured out a way
你以为你有办法
to kill your wife and get away with it.
能杀死你妻子并顺利脱身
You'd use the video that she sent you
你决定用她第一次离开时
the first time she left you to explain her disappearance.
发给你的视频,来解释她的失踪
All you needed now
而这时你需要的
was a subway pushing in the present
是一起近期发生的地铁被推案
so that the video would make sense.
这样视频才说得通
A pushing involving a woman holding flowers.
要推一个拿着花的女人
This is insane.
这太疯狂了
You're just some woman
你不过是个编造
with a crazy story.
疯狂故事的女人
You want me to be guilty,
你希望我有罪
so you've constructed this elaborate fiction
所以你精心编造了这个故事
to accommodate your theory.
以证明你的理论
So, you're sticking to your story, then?
所以你坚持之前的说辞吗
On the record, you're saying
我将记录,你说
that you received that video
你是六个月前
from your wife six months ago?
收到你老婆的视频的
I am repeating that on the record.
我再次重申,就是这样
Well, we rather hoped that you would.
我们也希望你这么说
We were granted access
今天早上我们被允许
to Callie's e-mails this morning.
登录凯丽的电子邮箱
Obviously, you also had access to those e-mails,
很显然,你也能登录这个邮箱
because you needed to prove to anyone who might ask
为了当别人问起这段视频时
that the video came from her.
你能证明是她发给你的
You deleted the original e-mail from her account--
你从她的账号中删除了原始邮件
the one she sent a year and a half ago.
就是她一年半前发给你的那封
You then re-sent it when the time was right.
然后你再在恰当的时机重新发送
The thing is...
问题是
we found it archived and stored in the server.
我们在服务器里发现了相关存档
We know, and can prove,
我们知道,并且能证明
that you received that e-mail 18 months ago,
你是在一年半之前收到的那封邮件
a few days after Anna Peters was murdered.
就在安娜·彼得斯遇害几天之后
But... don't take my word for it.
但是,别太相信我的话
I'm just a woman with a crazy story.
我只是一个编造疯狂故事的女人
You picked up.
你接电话了
I'm glad. I wasn't sure you would.
太好了,我并不肯定你会不会接
I wasn't sure I would, either.
我自己也不肯定
About the other night.
关于那天晚上
You were out of line?
是你太过分了吗
I'm not gonna apologize for worrying about you.
我不会因为担心你而道歉的
Listen, em...
听着
I am, however, going to apologize
但是,我向你道歉
for doubting you.
我不该质疑你
My editor just assigned me the craziest story.
我的总编分配给我一个非常疯狂的故事
"Man Pushes Woman In Front of Train
"男人将女人推下月台
to Cover Up Murder of Wife."
以掩盖谋杀妻子的罪行"
Sound familiar?
听起来很耳熟吧
Watson?
华生
Oh, hold on a second.
稍等一下
When you're finished,
等你说完了
if you could, uh, join me downstairs to peruse some files?
你可以下楼和我一起看些文件吗
An old colleague of mine in London
我以前在伦敦时的同事
asked for my thoughts on a homicide investigation.
因一起谋杀调查咨询我的意见
I was able to identify the murderer
我在几秒钟之内
in a matter of seconds.
就找出了凶手
I would like to see
我想看看
how long it takes you.
你会花多久
You enjoyed a modicum of success today, Watson.
今天你享受到一点点成功的喜悦,华生
Let's not let it go our heads, now, shall we?
别被喜悦冲昏了头脑,好吗
Hey, uh, Emily,
艾米莉
something just came up work-related.
我得去处理点工作上的事
Another time?
那下次再聊
Yeah, another time, okay?
好,下次聊
Bye.
再见