"She squared off mano-a-mano with Petrov
"她与佩特罗夫单独较量,
to finalize the bailout deal.
敲定了救市协议,
Meanwhile Secretary Durant twiddled her thumbs waiting
与此同时,杜兰特国务卿则无所事事地等候,
without a seat at the bargaining table."
连上谈判桌的资格都没有"
Pretty wild huh?
很疯狂,对吧,
When was that posted? -3:00 A.M.
什么时候发的,凌晨三点,
You should go.
你该走了,
No breakfast even? I have work to do.
早餐都不给吗,我要工作了,
Welcome back. It's a dramatic day.
欢迎回来,这是戏剧性的一天,
Let's see where things stand.
我们看下现在情况,
And Wolf you can see the big change.
沃尔夫,可以看到形式大变,
Catherine Durant now on our presidential nominating wall.
凯瑟琳·杜兰特现在已经上了我们的总统提名墙,
She has shifted from vice presidential hopeful
原本有望成为副总统的她,
to potential presidential candidate.
转而竞争总统候选人,
And a Durant candidacy might be appealing to Democrats
杜兰特成为候选人或许对那些对安德伍德,
who aren't enthusiastic about either Underwood or Dunbar.
和邓巴都没兴趣的民主党人很有吸引力,
And imagine this scenario
设想一下,
if we play this out through this convention.
纵观一下整个大会,
Heather Dunbar came out of the primaries of course with 46%.
希瑟·邓巴退出初选时支持率是46%
It's not enough to win the nomination
这还不足以赢得提名,
but for him to win President Underwood
但如果安德伍德总统要取胜,
he still needs these superdelegates.
他还需要这些超级代表,
He won the popular vote when Dunbar withdrew
邓巴退出时他赢得了普选,
but you're saying he doesn't have a technical majority.
但你的意思是他还没有取得绝对多数,
659 superdelegates yet to weigh in
659名超级代表尚未投票,
so you see Frank Underwood drops down to 48%.
所以弗兰克·安德伍德已经掉到了48%
He's still in the lead but not enough to clinch the nomination.
他依然领先,但还不足以获得提名,
And you want a little bit more intrigue like we need that?
想听更复杂的吗,好像还不够复杂似的,
Twenty-four states Wolf these 24 states highlighted
24个州,沃尔夫,标亮的这24个州,
they do not have so-called faithless delegate laws
没有所谓的不忠代表法,
meaning in these 24 states the delegates don't have to
也就是说这24个州的代表没必要,
they are not legally bound to vote for the candidate
法律上没有规定他们必须投票给,
who won their state's primary or caucus.
赢得本州初选或党团会议的候选人,
They can vote for whoever they want.
他们可以随心所欲投给任何人,
They could vote for Heather Dunbar.
他们可以投给希瑟·邓巴,
They could switch over and vote for Catherine Durant.
他们可以转投给凯瑟琳·杜兰特,
Wolf if they want they could vote for you.
沃尔夫,如果他们想的话,还可以投给你,
They're not gonna vote for me.
他们不会投给我的,
But if Secretary Durant siphons off enough votes
但如果杜兰特国务卿吸走了足够的选票,
or Underwood doesn't get that majority in the first ballot
或是安德伍德未能在初轮投票中获得多数,
what all bets are off?
那就一切皆有可能了吗,
I think about the only sure bet today is
我觉得今天唯一可以肯定的是,
President Underwood must be wishing
安德伍德总统一定恨不得,
he hadn't agreed to this open convention.
当初没有同意召开开放代表大会,
Does Durant or Dunbar really have a shot at winning this thing?
杜兰特或是邓巴真的有可能取胜吗,
Sure. You've got a president who wasn't elected to begin with.
当然,现任总统本就不是胜选上台的,
His health is a giant question mark right now.
他的健康状况现在也是一个大问号,
He's had a rocky tenure plus you've got an open convention.
他这个任期非常艰难,再加上开放代表大会,
Anything could happen.
一切皆有可能,
Like giving uh Durant a run for her money.
比如让杜兰特成为劲敌,
Uh Slugline by the way
顺便提一下,头条网,
picked up the Politico story from yesterday.
转载了昨天政治新闻网的报道,
It could get traction out there on the floor.
在选举现场可能会引起一定注意,
That's true and again at an open convention
没错,而且在开放代表大会上,
Claire Underwood may suddenly be the dark horse here.
克莱尔·安德伍德也许会突然成为黑马,
Mother.
母亲,
Hello Claire.
你好啊,克莱尔,
Why'd you move down here?
你怎么搬到楼下了,
Hospice lady said I shouldn't be going up and down stairs anymore.
临终关怀的护士说我不该再上下楼梯了,
Besides I like it. More light.
而且我也喜欢这里,光线更充足,
Who's that?
那是谁,
Uh Tom would you give us a minute please?
汤姆,能让我们单独聊聊吗,
Sorry.
抱歉,
No no. Come here young man.
不不,过来,小伙子,
Hi Mrs. Hale.
您好,黑尔太太,
My name's Tom.
我叫汤姆,
It's Thomas Yates the novelist. You've probably heard of him.
托马斯·耶茨,小说家,你应该听说过他,
I think everything since John Cheever isn't worth readin'.
我想从约翰·契弗起就没什么值得读的书了,
You're probably right.
您也许是对的,
Well Claire... did you come to take stock of
克莱尔,你是来清点,
everything you're gonna inherit when I die?
我死后你要继承的遗产吗,
Well it's convenient isn't it
很方便,不是吗,
having a dying mother when you need an excuse to skip town?
有个濒死的母亲,可以拿来做出城的理由,
We won't disturb you.
我们不会打扰你的,
It was nice meeting you Mrs. Hale.
认识您很高兴,黑尔太太,
Elizabeth. All right. Well then you call me Tom.
叫我伊丽莎白,好,那您也叫我汤姆,
I hate "Thomas."
我讨厌人叫我托马斯,
Fair enough Tom. We have a deal.
好,汤姆,就这么说定了,
We want a unified party not a fractured one.
我们需要党内团结,而不是搞分裂,
I can't play fast and loose with the rules.
我不能在规则上反复无常,
This is an open convention. There are no rules.
这是开放党代会,本就没有规则,
I already gave Senator Sheer that prime-time spot that you wanted.
我已经把你想要的黄金时段给了希尔议员,
But this as chair of the convention--
但这次,作为党代会主席,
And I made you chair of this convention
是我让你做党代会主席的,
precisely for moments like this.
就是想防备这种事,
I have an obligation to not play favorites.
我有义务不徇私,
Your obligation to the party
你对党的义务,
is an obligation to the leader of the party
就是对党领导的义务,
and as the president that would be me.
身为总统,我就是党领袖,
Correct? -Yes sir but--
没错吧,是的,先生,但是,
Then this isn't about favoritism. It's about solidarity.
那这就无关徇私,而是党内团结,
We've got a car waiting to take you
我们已为您安排好车,
to the convention hall Ms. Whittaker.
带您去会场了,惠特克女士,
I call this convention to order
我应民主党全国委员会,
of the Democratic National Committee
以及党代会主席,帕特·惠特克之命,
and the convention chair Patti Whittaker.
宣布会议开始,
Good morning.
早上好,
I was just informed that the president will travel to Washington
我刚得知,总统要去华盛顿,
to meet with his national security team.
会见国家安全小组,
Given that key contenders for both slots on the ticket
鉴于本轮投票的两位主要竞争者,
aren't able to be on the floor today
都不在现场,
the Rules Committee has advised that
规则委员会建议,
we should wait for their return
我们等他们回来,
before any further votes are held.
再进行下一轮投票选举,
There is a motion to postpone all votes
先有一项动议,延期所有选举,
until the president's return.
直到总统回来,
ICO began its advance from As Suwar late last night
哈里发国已于昨晚深夜从苏瓦尔出发,
and by our calculations and their current pace
根据我们的计算及他们目前的行军速度,
we expect them to reach the Euphrates within 72 hours.
我们预计他们会在72小时以内到达幼发拉底河,
Now this could disrupt highway and river traffic
这可能影响公路和河道交通,
but more importantly
但更重要的是,
could give them the opportunity
这会使他们有机会,
to destroy vital dams in the region.
破坏该地区重要水坝,
And as a result I am heading to Washington right now
因此,我现在就前往华盛顿,
so that we can decide exactly how we should stop this ICO advance.
来讨论怎样阻止这次哈里发国的进攻,
Is this sudden change of plans
这次突然计划变动,
a result of your meeting with Governor Conway yesterday?
是您昨天与康威州长会晤导致的吗,
Well it wouldn't surprise me if ICO accelerated their plans
如果州长的言论促使哈里发国加速计划,
uh because of the governor's comments.
我也不会惊奇,
They certainly know how to take advantage of media attention.
他们懂得如何利用媒体注意,
But whether that's the truth or not
但无论事实是否如此,
this is an imminent threat which we must deal with immediately.
解决这个威胁迫在眉睫,
I'm glad the president heard me
我很高兴总统听取我的意见,
and finally took General Brockhart's advice to heart.
并终于采纳了布洛哈特将军的建议,
Now we'll just have to
现在我们只好,
wait and see if it actually results in anything.
等着看看是否真能有什么结果,
I just hope it's not too little too late.
只希望不会收效太小,太迟,
What are your plans now Governor? Remain in Atlanta?
州长先生,您现在打算如何,留在亚特兰大吗,
No Hannah and I are heading back on the trail.
不,我和汉娜要回到竞选活动中,
We accomplished what we needed to here in Georgia and
我们在佐治亚州完成了我们要做的事,
we're heading off to Arizona today and then Utah.
我们今天要去亚利桑那州,然后去犹他州,
Mr. President. Mr. President.
总统先生,总统先生,
Why Washington and not here?
为什么去华盛顿,而不是在这里解决,
This issue is too sensitive for a mobile White House.
这个问题太敏感,不能在外解决,
I need to be in the Situation Room
我需要在战况室里,
with my entire staff and team of advisors around me.
与行政人员和顾问团队一起讨论,
Mr. President. Mr. President.
总统先生,总统先生,
Yes Adam.
亚当,
Mr. President is this a way to silence Secretary Durant
总统先生,这是为了堵国务卿杜兰特的嘴吗,
after Louisiana put her in the running for president?
在路易斯安娜州把她推入总统竞选后,
I don't use national security matters for political purposes.
我不会把国家安全与政治竞争混为一谈,
You know that Adam.
你知道的,亚当,
You have any other further questions please direct them to Seth.
如果你们还有其它问题,请向赛斯提问,
Thank you all very much.
非常感谢各位,
You want me to come with? No you stay behind.
要我一起去吗,不,你留下,
Keep everything under control. Yes sir.
掌控好局面,是,先生,
There are reports that she's left Atlanta.
有消息称她已经离开亚特兰大了,
The First Lady left earlier this morning.
第一夫人是今天上午早些时候离开的,
Her mother's health has deteriorated in the past few days.
她母亲的健康状况在过去几天进一步恶化了,
Does this mean she's out of the running for VP?
这是不是意味着她会退出副总统的竞选,
The First Lady was never in the running.
第一夫人从来就没参选过,
She and the president continue to support Catherine Durant--
她和总统会继续支持凯瑟琳·杜兰特,
Father of four sailor...
四个孩子的父亲,水手,
staph infection from stepping on a rusty fish hook.
因为踩到了生锈的鱼钩导致葡萄球菌感染,
Heavens!
天呐,
And this one yeah you were a fruit fly.
还有这个,嗯,你曾是只果蝇,
A fruit fly. Yes.
果蝇,对,
You were a consort to Rasputin and his 14-inch...,
你曾是拉斯普京的伴侣,享用他14英寸的,俄帝国时期神棍,因为尺寸大而闻名,实为11英寸
No don't say it.
不要,别说出来,
I don't have to say it because you're already imagining it.
我不用说,你已经在脑补了,
I looked it over.
我看完了,
I'll meet you outside.
咱们出去谈,
Uh gonna leave all this to Vi and the girls
打算留给薇和那些姑娘们的,
if you're not interested.
如果你不想要的话,
Grandmother's jewelry?
外婆的首饰,
She'd turn over in her grave
要是我不至少跟你提一嘴,
if I didn't at least offer it to you.
她在墓里都得气翻身,
She had great taste.
她品味真不错,
Where do you think I got it from?
不然你以为我的品味从哪来的,
What's this?
这是什么,
Look at it. Open it up.
你打开看看吧,
Must be worth somethin' baby teeth of the First Lady.
肯定还是值点钱的,第一夫人的乳牙,
I like that boy.
我挺喜欢那个小伙儿,
Makes me laugh.
能让我笑出来,
Like your father used to.
和你父亲在世的时候一样,
Can't imagine daddy dressed up as a fortune teller.
我想象不出父亲扮成算命的是什么样,
Oh you'd be surprised. He had a silly side to him.
你意想不到,他也有逗比的一面,
Not that I ever saw.
我是没见过,
Well there were certain things that he only did with me.
有些事他只会在我面前做,
Oh you see laughter is good for the pain.
你瞧,笑一笑能缓解疼痛,
Even better than this morphine.
比吗啡还有效,
Let me help you. No no I can do it.
我来帮你吧,不用,我自己能行,
You just go.
你走吧,
Go!
走,
You crossed everything out.
你把所有内容都划掉了,
It wasn't good. I know.
因为不够好,我知道,
Is that what you're gonna do here after she dies?
等她去世了,你打算对这里也那样吗,
Cross everything out... because it wasn't good?
因为不够好,把一切都抹去,
You're not going to get me to talk about my mother.
我不会和你谈论我母亲的,
I hope not.
我希望不会,
Hatred's ugly.
恨太丑陋了,
It's too beautiful a day for that.
天气这么好,不适合谈那个,
Back to the salt mines.
回去干活儿喽,
Please sit.
请坐,
Sir these are the current ICO positions.
先生,这是哈里发国目前的位置,
We're still drafting action items
我们还在起草任务项目,
but we can give you a rough sense--
但是我们可给您一个大致的,
Well before we discuss any military options
在讨论军事选择之前,
I'd like to put a call in to Damascus and see what they'll allow.
我要和大马士革通话,看看他们能允许什么行动,
Madam Secretary won't you join me?
国务卿女士,跟我一起来吧,
So you had to call a national security meeting
为了单独见我,你不惜召集,
just to get us in the same room?
国家安全会议,
And to keep you off the phone with Conway.
也为了不让你和康威通话,
All I needed was one call to him. I don't need to make another.
我只需要给他打一通电话,不需要第二通,
You don't actually think
你不会真觉得,
he's gonna make you Secretary of State do you?
他会任命你为国务卿吧,
Probably not but I would've paid good money
估计不会,但我真想看到,
just to see your face when he told you.
他告诉你那消息时你的脸色,
I never promised you the ticket.
我从没保证要和你一起参选,
I promised you I'd try.
我只说了会尽力,
You pretended to try.
你尽力都是装的,
Claire's support didn't just happen on its own
对克莱尔的支持不会凭空出现,
and you had the gall to take my hand
你还有胆量握着我的手,
look me in the eye and lie to my face.
看着我的眼睛,对我撒谎,
You're mistaken Cathy. Oh come on Frank.
你错了,凯茜,拜托,弗兰克,
I've had a front row seat to everything
从沃克上台的那天起,
since the day Walker took office
我就近距离看到了一切,
all the lies and betrayals and I helped you.
所有的谎言和背叛,我还帮了你,
My mistake was I assumed you wouldn't stab me in the back.
我的错误是以为你不会在背后捅我一刀,
Your mistake is that it backfired.
你的错误是弄巧成拙,
This is all personal isn't it?
这完全是个人恩怨,对吧,
This is about how Claire treated you when I was in the hospital.
完全是为了报复我在医院时,克莱尔那样对你,
Give me more credit than that. This is business.
别这么小瞧我,这是生意,
We were partners. You broke the contract.
我们曾是合作伙伴,是你违约了,
So what do you want? What else is there Frank?
那你想要什么,你还有什么呢,弗兰克,
Nothing.
什么都没了,
It's simple. Either Claire's votes come my way...
很简单,要么让克莱尔的选票改投给我,
or I turn the convention upside down.
要么我就把大会搞得一团糟,
We need to talk about Seth.
我们得谈谈赛斯,
I've been getting calls from former clients.
我从前客户那里接到了许多电话,
Now before you say anything here's the dirt.
你开口之前,我告诉你我干过的坏事吧,
I cheated on a math test in 8th grade
我8年级时在一个数学测验上做过弊,
I shoplifted a homecoming dress when I was 16
我16岁时曾偷过一条返校节裙子,
I experimented with a sorority sister in freshman year
我大一时跟一个女生联谊会的姐妹搞过,
and I was late on my taxes in 2007.
我2007年晚交了税,
What he won't find is anything that justifies firing me.
但他不会找到任何开除我的正当理由,
I'm sure he was just vetting you. We do that with everyone.
他肯定只是在审查你,我们对每个人都要审查,
Okay if that's your story then fine
你非要这样说的话,那好吧,
but all I care about is winning this election.
但我只在乎赢得大选,
So let's get past our personal shit and be a team okay?
我们放下个人恩怨,团结起来,好吗,
We're fighting a common enemy here Mr. President.
我们在对抗同一个敌人,总统先生,
It's important that we remain united.
我们保持团结十分重要,
Yeah and I can assure you that Secretary Durant will reach out
嗯,我向你保证我们采取任何行动前,
before we conduct any operation.
杜兰特国务卿都会跟你联系,
Thank you for your time Mr. President.
非常感谢,总统先生,
We'll be in touch as soon as we come up with a plan.
我们一想出计划就会联系你,
You're acting like I'll still be Secretary of State.
你演得好像我还能当国务卿似的,
Well if you play your cards right you will be.
如果你决策正确,就会是的,
Who else did you offer the VP slot to?
你还请过谁当你的副总统,
There's Jackie Austen me. Anyone else?
杰姬,奥斯汀,我,还有谁,
Austen withdrew on his own and so did Jackie.
奥斯汀自愿退出的,杰姬也是,
I did not push her out.
我没有逼她退出,
Jackie says you took her for granted
杰姬说你视她如无物,
that you bullied her you intimidated her.
说你威胁她,恐吓她,
And that is what she is telling every member
她正在给加州的代表们,
of the California delegation one phone call at a time.
一个一个打电话说这件事,
California. Lots of votes.
加州,票很多,
California the largest piece of delegates at the Democratic Convention.
加州,民主党大会最大的票仓,
I'm told that delegation is trending toward Heather Dunbar.
我听说代表团正在倾向希瑟·邓巴,
Let's watch this Wolf.
来看一下,沃尔夫,
Let's imagine she only picked up
想像一下她只拿下,
two-thirds of the California delegates
加州三分之二的代表, .
That gets you above 300 there.
这样就超过300票了,
Plus we assume she'll keep her home state Connecticut's support.
另外,我们估计她能守住她家乡康涅狄格州,
Off to a pretty good start.
这样起点就相当不错,
It's over 300 delegates. What roughly uh 7% of the vote?
超过300代表选票,大概是7%的选票了,
That alone could take this what to a second ballot?
单单这些就可以进入到...第二轮投票了吧,
That takes it to a second ballot an open convention again.
可以使她进入第二轮投票,又是开放代表大会,
Plus we also assume that
而且我们预计,
Louisiana will stay with Catherine Durant.
路易斯安那州会继续支持凯瑟琳·杜兰特,
So we are not going to have a definitive idea
至少在第一轮投票结束前,
of how all this is gonna shape up
我们无法确切了解,
at least until they conduct the first ballot.
局势将如何走向,
There's still no update as to uh
目前总统和杜兰特国务卿,
when the president and Secretary Durant will return.
将何时返程还没有新的消息,
No and that adds to some of the uncertainty here.
没有,这也增加了不确定性,
So let's go back to the floor see how things are playing out.
我们回到现场,看看情况如何,
It didn't specify in the article
文章里没有明确,
which direction the motorcade was heading.
当时车队朝哪个方向开的,
East.
朝东,
You're sure?
你确定吗,
Thank you very much.
非常感谢,
Hot damn!
我去,
I am promising you Secretary of State for as long as you want it
我保证你想当多久国务卿都可以,
and my full support when you run for President in 2024.
你2024年竞选总统时我会全力支持,
I mean who knows you might even get lucky.
谁知道呢,你说不好会走运,
My liver might fail before then.
我的肝脏在那之前说不定就衰竭了,
Your promises stopped meaning much
你把我的职位许给贝克的时候,
after you promised Baker my job.
你的承诺就没有意义了,
I have no intention of offering him Secretary of State.
我并没打算让他当国务卿,
Oh so you lied to him the way Walker lied to you.
所以你就像沃克骗你一样骗了他,
No. Walker and I didn't have a history.
不,我和沃克又不是老交情,
And Walker didn't respect me.
沃克也不尊重我,
You and I have a history Cathy and I respect you immensely.
你我是有交情的,凯茜,我也非常尊重你,
But our history goes back three years.
但是我们共事才3年,
Claire's and my partnership goes back 30.
克莱尔和我已经是30年的搭档了,
You have to respect that.
你必须尊重这一点,
I might have...
我可能会...
if you had been honest with me from the beginning.
如果你一开始就对我说实话的话,
Well I wish I could turn back time but here we are.
我希望时间能倒退,可我们现在已经这样了,
And you can keep me out of Atlanta for as long as you want
你可以把我挡在亚特兰大之外,想多久多久,
but you can't hold the vote back forever.
但你不能永远拖着选票,
Time's moving forward not back. And time is on my side.
时间在前进不是倒退,而时间在我这边,
If Heather Dunbar wants to take advantage of the President's absence
如果希瑟·邓巴想占总统不在的便宜,
that's her prerogative.
那是她的权利,
But she's still in D.C. there's no public statement.
但是她仍在华府,而且没有发表公开声明,
You see that as taking advantage?
你认为这是占便宜,
You think Congresswoman Sharp would make calls on her behalf
你认为如果不是她在华府幕后操纵,
if she wasn't pulling the strings from Washington?
夏普议员会代表她打电话拉票吗,
Sharp says she's doing it on her own.
夏普说是她自己打的,
You don't have any proof of coordination.
你没有任何证据表明她们有合作,
You're right I don't.
你说得对,我没有,
Just human nature basic logic
只是凭人性,基本逻辑,
and a slightly better than average understanding
还有比常人多一点,
of political gamesmanship.
对政治手腕的了解,
Uh if you will excuse me even press secretaries have to pee.
失陪一下,新闻发言人也要上厕所,
I'll just be right back. Okay.
我马上回来,好的,
Excuse me. Excuse me. I'm sorry. Excuse me.
失陪,抱歉,失陪,
What's up?
怎么了,
LeAnn knows and I think you told her.
莉安知道了,我认为是你告诉了她,
I did. Straight up. I told her everything.
对,直截了当,我全告诉她了,
Let's go. Upstairs. No.
走,上楼去,不,
Excuse me? You've got Dunbar in play
你说什么,邓巴重回游戏,
you got Durant with the President
杜兰特和总统在一起,
and the First Lady's in Dallas.
第一夫人在达拉斯,
And I've got a room full of press
这儿有一屋子记者,
that I've been keeping at bay since 8:00 this morning
我从早上八点就在这儿应付他们,
so I will tell you why I told her...
等我把熊孩子都哄睡了,
after I tuck in all the children.
再跟你讲你我为什么告诉她吧,
Let's vote now!
现在投票,
Order please!
请安静一下,
It is Senator Sheer's time to speak.
现在请希尔参议员讲话,
Order!
安静,
Maybe we should let Cathy have her way.
也许我们应该让凯茜得逞,
If the vote's held now you two win. We focus on the general.
如果现在投票,你们获胜,我们大选再战,
What's brought all this on?
为什么这么说,
I just wonder if we're in over our heads
我只是在想我们这么做,
Francis trying to do this.
是不是不自量力,弗兰西斯,
Is it your mother?
是你母亲吗,
I'm sure it's difficult to see her this sick.
看到她病得这么重一定很不好受吧,
She's completely helpless.
她完全无助,
But we're not helpless. We can turn this around.
但我们并不无助,我们可以扭转局势,
I guess I'm just...
我想我只是...
I don't know maybe... maybe we're making a mistake.
我不知道,也许我们做错了,
Maybe I'm not ready to be your running mate.
也许我还没准备好做你的竞选伙伴,
Conway has a four-star general. Is she happy your mother?
康威有个四星将军,你母亲快乐吗,
No she's miserable.
不,她很痛苦,
Tom makes her laugh but mostly no.
汤姆逗她笑,但大多数时候不快乐,
Imagine my liver's failing.
想象一下我肝衰竭了,
Imagine I'm dying. Francis...
想象我要死了,弗兰西斯,
No I just want you to picture it for just a moment.
不,你就想象一下,
There I am lying in a bed just like your mother is now.
我躺在床上,像你母亲现在一样,
The only thing that would make me happy
唯一能让我高兴的事,
is to know that you would take over after I passed.
就是知道我走了以后,你会接手,
If it were Cathy...
如果是凯茜,
I'd be just as miserable as your mother is.
我会和你母亲一样痛苦的,
I'll do my part.
我会做好我的事,
You just concentrate on that speech.
你就专注你的讲话,
All right. Thank you Francis.
好,谢谢你,弗兰西斯,
Good night.
晚安,
She uh... she won't eat? It's hard for her to swallow.
她不吃东西吗,她吞咽很困难,
How much time do you think she has?
你觉得她还有多少时间,
I can't be definitive but... a couple of weeks maybe.
我说不准,可能是几周,
If she stops eating altogether it could be days.
如果她完全不进食,可能就只有几天了,
She's in a lot of pain.
她很痛苦,
She doesn't have to be.
她可以不用这么痛苦,
When it gets to this point we can make her comfortable.
到了这一步,我们可以让她舒适一些,
Comfortable enough that the body will let go.
舒适到让她的身体不再挣扎,
Does she want that?
那是她想要的吗,
That is something you should discuss with your mother.
这个你该和你母亲讨论一下,
I like the plants.
我喜欢那些植物,
The plants you put in there.
你放在那儿的那些,
It's the little things right?
小东西总能让人眼前一亮,对吧,
If we take out the refineries
如果我们干掉精炼厂,
that would eliminate their revenue stream.
就能切断他们的收入来源,
They can't advance if they don't have the resources.
没有了资源,他们就无法进军,
President Makhzun made it very clear
马克宗总统明确表示,
he wants those to remain intact.
不希望精炼厂被毁,
It's our best option from a strategic point of view.
从战略角度看,那是我们最好的选择,
Minimal loss of life maximal impact on capability.
伤亡最小,对他们能力的冲击最大,
It's either total war or nothing at all.
要么全面开战,要么就不打,
Well that doesn't sound very diplomatic Cathy.
这可不符合外交策略,凯茜,
We're going to be diplomatic with terrorists?
我们要和恐怖分子谈外交吗,
I made a promise to President Makhzun.
我向马克宗总统承诺过,
You've broken promises before. Why should this be any different?
你之前就违背过诺言,这次有什么不同,
Why don't we break for dinner? We'll pick this up afterwards.
不如我们休息一下,晚餐之后继续吧,
I wanna review this a bit more.
我想再考虑一下,
I'll have some food brought into the Roosevelt Room.
我会让人把食物送去罗斯福室,
Thank you all very much.
感谢各位,
Cathy why don't you and I eat in here?
凯茜,我们俩就在这里吃吧,
"Total war or nothing at all"?
"要么全面开战,要么就不打"
The moment I get in front of those cameras
如果我在镜头前说,
and I tell them that Conway is right and Brockhart is right
康威是对的,布洛哈特也是对的,
and that you completely bungled the ICO situation
你把哈里发国的事完全搞砸了,
how do you think Dunbar will do then?
你觉得邓巴到时会怎么样,
Can we get two Cobb salads in here please?
请送两份科布沙拉过来,谢谢,
I don't like Cobb salad. Then you don't have to eat it.
我不喜欢科布沙拉,那你可以不吃,
Thanks for coming over.
谢谢你过来,
Way easier coming here than you coming there.
我过来比你过去容易多了,
Must be ten news crews outside of my house.
我门外有十支新闻团队守着呢,
How'd you escape?
你怎么跑出来的,
The old-fashioned way. Back door.
老办法,走后门,
How did you get my home phone?
你怎么弄到我的住宅电话的,
Oh old-fashioned way.
老办法,
Rolodex from the Herald.
《先驱报》的联络簿,
Come with me. I won't keep you long. Yeah.
跟我来,不会很久的,好的,
How long did this take you? Couple of months.
这些花了你多少时间,几个月,
I've been working on my own.
我单独做的,
We had a whole team and we didn't find this.
我们有一整队人手,都没发现这个,
Well you probably weren't digging as deep as the Bates City Vine.
你们或许没有深挖到贝茨市葡萄园,
No.
没有,
We spent most of our energy tracking the money.
我们把大部分精力放在追踪资金上了,
We should've been more focused on the travel logs.
我们应该更关注出行记录的,
I wouldn't have checked either until I spoke with a pizza guy.
我是和一个匹萨店的人聊了之后才想到的,
Then I realized they might be manipulating the logs.
后来我想到,他们有可能篡改出行记录,
Which gets you to Lanagin.
于是你想到了拉尼根,
It still doesn't prove he met with Lanagin
还是不能证明他见了拉尼根,
but I don't know where else that motorcade would've been heading.
但我不知道车队还能去哪,
Are you going public with this?
你打算把这个公开吗,
I could but he has some plausible deniability.
我是可以,但是他可以合理推诿,
He pins it all on Meechum.
全都推到密查姆身上,
If he's covering up travel
如果他掩盖了行踪,
who knows what else he's covering up?
谁知道他还掩盖了什么,
That's the story I want
那才是我想要的报道,
not some Secret Service man being loose with the books.
而不是什么特勤局人员不守纪律,
So you're still under the radar.
那你还没有引起注意,
I have to ask you to keep all this to yourself.
我得请你对这一切保密,
I know it can be tempting now that... you have a chance
我知道你现在有了机会,这很诱人,
but if this goes public too early his guard goes up.
但如果这一切过早公布,他会提高警惕,
Listen it was hard when I withdrew.
我退出选举的时候很艰难,
How the leadership abandoned me how the public did.
领导层和公众对我的遗弃,
It took some time...
花了些时间,
but I made my peace.
但我看开了,
It's a crapshoot whether I can win this.
我是赢是输本来就不好说,
He can probably fight that off.
他可以反驳这样的报道,
You need to write the story that he can't fight off.
你得写一篇他无法反驳的报道,
You investigated him. Where's the weak link?
你调查过他,突破点在哪里,
Remy Danton.
雷米·丹顿,
Tom did that.
那是汤姆弄的,
It's a shame. He'd be good for you.
真遗憾,他会合适你的,
I never believed in the tooth fairy.
我从来没相信过牙仙,
Well you took the money anyway.
但你还是把钱拿走了,
Could you turn off that light please? Hurts my eyes.
能帮我把那盏灯关了吗,很刺眼,
When you were small... you used to...
你小时候,曾经,
used to ask me to make it stop the dark.
曾经求我,让黑暗停止,
Do you remember?
你还记得吗,
Yes.
记得,
And I promised you I would... in the morning.
而我向你保证我会的,早上就让它停,
But damn it you would sit at that window...
但该死的,你会每天晚上,
every night...
一个人坐在窗前,
trying to make the sun rise all by yourself.
想自己让太阳升起来,
Your daddy would put you in bed...
你脸靠在窗户上睡着后,
after you'd fallen asleep with your face against the glass.
你爸爸会把你抱上床,
And I was so jealous.
我当时非常嫉妒,
Of me and Daddy?
嫉妒我和爸爸吗,
That you believed.
嫉妒你相信,
You believed you could make the sun rise.
你相信你可以让太阳升起,
I spoke to her Mother the nurse.
我跟护士谈了,母亲,
I can't do it.
我做不到,
I can't do it Mother.
我做不到,母亲,
I can't do what you want me to do.
我做不到你要我做的事,
Claire...
克莱尔,
it'd help you win...
你母亲去世,
having your mother gone.
会帮你赢的,
Do this for me.
为我做这件事,
And let me be a help to you.
让我最终能,
Finally.
帮到你,
Tom.
汤姆,
She wants you to be there.
她想要你过去,
What do you want?
你想要什么呢,
I want you to be there too.
我也想要你过去,
Okay.
好了,
I told her because you put me in an impossible situation.
我告诉她是因为你让我别无选择,
There's nothing on her but you wouldn't listen.
她没有把柄,但你就是不听,
And you must not have listened when you came over to my house.
那你来我家的时候肯定也没听进去,
I was very clear.
我说得很清楚,
So... you're gonna throw me on the ground again?
那么,你又要把我丢到地上吗,
Look here's a glass. Let's go ahead.
看,这里有杯子,来吧,
You wanna fire me?
你想把我炒掉吗,
Fine. It's another resignation.
好啊,不就是又有人辞职吗,
After Remy after Brockhart.
在雷米,布洛哈特辞职之后,
With Durant with Dunbar.
杜兰特和邓巴还虎视眈眈,
You know I spin stories for a living.
我是靠编故事谋生的,
I can't begin to tell you how to spin this.
我都形容不出这故事有多好拿来做文章,
You know the minibar wasn't open because you wanted a Diet Coke.
你开小冰箱可不是为了拿健怡可乐,
I'm worried about you Doug.
我担心你,道格,
Nobody needs to worry about me.
我不需要人担心,
Yeah somebody does...
你需要有人为你担心,
because this scorched-earth policy is bad for us.
因为这个焦土政策对我们很不好,
I don't give a rat's ass about LeAnn Harvey. We need her.
我才不在乎莉安·哈维,我们需要她,
And you need me. And we both need you.
而你需要我,但我们都需要你,
At your best. I'm fine.
处在最好的状态,我很好,
Are you? Instead of having me do damage control
是吗,你不让我控制损失,
you're having me do damage to one of our own.
反而让我伤害自己人,
I am trying to protect the president.
我是在保护总统,
And I'm trying to protect you...
而我是在保护你,
from yourself.
免受自己的伤害,
You're so full of shit. You don't care about me.
你别瞎说了,你才不在乎我,
After what you did I should hate you.
你干了那种事,我本应该恨你,
But where does it get us?
但那样能给我们带来什么呢,
Check out the Telegraph.
看一下《电讯报》吧,
The strategy is working...
策略起效了,
if you let it.
如果你肯的话,
Or make me resign. Your call.
或者逼我辞职,你决定,
Are you okay? It's what she wanted.
你还好吗,那是她想要的,
I was asking you.
我在问你,
Schedule the vote for tomorrow.
把投票安排到明天,
I'll fly back to speak just before.
我会飞回去在投票前讲话,
Claire your mother just passed.
克莱尔,你母亲刚刚去世了,
Schedule it Francis.
安排一下,弗兰西斯,
Tom wrote a speech. It's good.
汤姆写了一篇讲稿,很不错,
Cathy's not on board yet. Then get her on board.
凯茜还没同意,那就逼她同意,
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉,
I didn't mean to-No no it's all right.
我不是... 不不,没关系,
I'll get it done.
我会搞定,
Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow.
谢谢,明天见,
Good night.
晚安,
Ask Secretary Durant to meet me in the Oval.
让杜兰特国务卿到总统办公室见我,
Yes sir.
好的,先生,
Mr. President.
总统先生,
Coffee table.
在咖啡桌上,
The funny thing is I didn't even have to ask him to do it.
有趣的是我都没让他这么做,
He did it on his own.
他自己做的,
I especially like where he says
我尤其喜欢他说,
Catherine Durant is functional.
"凯瑟琳·杜兰特堪用,"
Claire Underwood is formidable."
克莱尔·安德伍德强大"
So you see you don't even have time on your side. It's on ours.
你看,时间没有站在你那边,而在我们这边,
By tomorrow morning there'll be a dozen articles just like that.
到明天早上,会有十几篇类似报道,
So you have a choice.
所以你可以做选择,
You can redeem yourself as Secretary of State
你可以选择在接下来四年中继续当国务卿,
over the next four years
重树形象,
or go down in history as a fluke who bungled the Middle East
或选择因为在中东办砸了事,
and couldn't even close the deal in Brandenburg.
连勃兰登堡的协议都谈不成而被载入史册,
You have your version. I have mine.
你有你的版本,我也有我的,
I'm sure mine will get just as much traction as this.
我相信我的版本会跟这个一样引人注目,
But my version wins because it's the better story...
但是我的版本会赢,因为这样报道更有意思,
and it's also exactly how things went down.
并且事情也确实如此,
You see you don't even have the truth going for you.
你看连真相都不向着你,
I'm not scared of you.
我不怕你,
My endorsement of Dunbar that makes for an even better story.
我背书邓巴,会是一篇更好的报道,
But you wanna know what the best story is?
但你知道最棒的报道是什么吗,
Claire's mother just died.
克莱尔的母亲刚刚去世了,
I'm sorry to hear that. Oh I don't think you really are
我很遗憾,我想你不是真心的,
but that doesn't matter because the rest of the world will.
不过没关系,反正全世界除了你都会难过,
And by the time she gives her speech tomorrow night
等她明晚做完讲话,
there won't be a dry eye in Atlanta
亚特兰大乃至全国的观众,
or across the rest of the country.
都会为之动容而落泪,
So you get to keep your job Cathy
你可以保住你的工作,凯茜,
in return for your delegates.
换你代表的票,
That offer is still on the table.
我的提议依然有效,
I have been loyal. I got you that table.
我一直很忠诚,我帮你得到这个位置,
Do you wanna keep it or do you wanna give it to Conway?
你想继续守住,还是想拱手让给康威,
You know when I was waiting for my transplant
我在等移植手术的时候,
I had the most vivid hallucinations. You wouldn't believe 'em.
我产生了特别逼真的幻觉,你都不会相信,
Do you know who I saw?
你知道我看到谁了吗,
Peter Russo and Zoe Barnes right here in this room.
彼得·罗素和佐伊·巴恩斯,就在这个办公室里,
Zoe was trying to seduce me right here on this couch
佐伊就在这张沙发上引诱我,
and Peter he shoved my face up against this glass.
而彼得把我的脸按在这块玻璃上,
Cigarettes and razor blades and sex.
香烟,剃须刀片和性爱,
It was terrifying.
很可怕,
All I wanted to do was get out of this room
我只想逃出这间,
that I worked so hard to get in.
我费劲千辛万苦才进来的房间,
But of course it makes sense that they would've haunted me
但它们阴魂不散是有道理的,
because it's all true.
因为全都是真的,
What is? Everything Lucas Goodwin claimed.
什么是真的,卢卡斯·古德温所说的一切,
I killed them both just like he said I did.
我杀了他们两个,就像他说的那样,
But of course nobody believes it and nobody ever will.
但当然没人会相信,永远不会有人相信,
Because that's how good we are..
因为我们就是那么擅长,
at making things...
让东西,
disappear.
消失,
No we didn't kill anybody.
不,我们没杀过人,
But we would have...
但如果需要,
if it was necessary.
我们会的,
So you're right the time for negotiations is over.
你说得对,谈判的时间结束了,
You will hand over your delegates
你要交出你的代表,
and you will serve on in my cabinet.
继续在我的内阁任职,
And we will forget that any of this ever happened.
我们忘掉发生过的这一切,
Because if you don't
因为如果你不照做,
I swear to God
我向上帝发誓,
I will never...
我永远,
ever forget.
都不会忘记,
Do you understand now?
现在你明白了吗,
Yes.
明白,
Good.
好,
Now let's go decide what we're gonna do about these terrorists.
我们去决定要怎么对付恐怖分子吧,
Want me to call someone? Make arrangements?
想让我给谁打电话吗,做些安排,
We made the sun rise.
我们让太阳升起来了,
She told you that too?
她也告诉你了,
We should get going.
我们该动身了,
Me and Hannah want to extend our warmest condolences
我和汉娜想向第一夫人和总统,
to the First Lady and the President.
致以最诚挚的哀悼,
They and all of Elizabeth Hale's loved ones are in our prayers.
我们为他们和伊丽莎白·黑尔的亲人们祈祷,
And we won't be campaigning today out of respect for their loss.
出于对离世之人的尊敬,今天我们不竞选,
God bless President and Mrs. Underwood.
愿上帝保佑总统夫妇,
Got it.
好了,
Put it out.
发布吧,
Perfect timing... for her to drop dead.
她倒毙的时机掐得真好,
We were on a roll too.
我们本来正顺风顺水呢,
I should prep for the speech.
我该准备讲话了,
I have a room set up for you. I'll be right in.
我为你准备好了房间,我马上就过去,
Right this way Mrs. Underwood.
这边请,安德伍德夫人,
I read the draft.
我读过草稿了,
And?
然后呢,
I wouldn't change a thing. I'm glad you're pleased.
一个字都不用改,我很高兴你满意,
I'm glad you were with her.
我很高兴你陪着她,
She's strong. You're a lucky man.
她很坚强,你很幸运,
Don't I know it.
完全同意,
Ladies and gentlemen it is a great honor to introduce
女士们先生们,我很荣幸为大家介绍,
Secretary of State Catherine Durant.
国务卿凯瑟琳·杜兰特,
Thank you thank you very much.
谢谢,非常感谢大家,
I know that all of you join me in offering
我知道,大家和我一样,
our sincere condolences to the First Lady for her loss.
都对第一夫人亲人的离世表示诚挚慰唁,
Tonight I want to offer my sincere gratitude
今晚,我想向在代表大会上,
to all the delegates who have honored me with their support
支持我的各位代表,
during the course of this convention.
致以我最真挚的感谢,
Thank you so much.
我非常感谢你们,
However after much deliberation...
然而,经过深思熟虑,
I have decided that I have more to offer you as Secretary of State
我决定,与辞职参加选举相比,作为国务卿,
than to resign and run for office.
我能更好地为大家服务,
But I want to encourage every one of you who has supported me
但我想让支持我的各位,
to join me in supporting this extraordinary woman
和我一起支持这位非凡的女性,
the First Lady of the United States Claire Hale Underwood.
美国第一夫人,克莱尔·黑尔·安德伍德,
Thank you.
谢谢,
Thank you.
谢谢,
And good evening.
晚上好,
As all of you know my mother
正如大家所知,我母亲,
Elizabeth Constance Hale
伊丽莎白·康斯坦斯·黑尔,
passed away last night after a long illness.
久病后于昨晚去世,
She was a strong woman...
她是个坚强的女人...
a fierce Texan...
一个坚韧的德州人,
We had... a difficult relationship from childhood onwards.
从小...我和她关系就不好,
At times there were long periods of estrangement.
我们曾有过很长时间的疏离,
We hurt each other... often and deeply.
我们经常深深地伤害对方,
If there was one good thing that came from my mother's illness...
如果说母亲的病带来什么好事,那就是,
it gave us a chance to reconnect to mend old wounds.
让我们有机会重新开始往来,抚平旧伤,
And that's not an opportunity
人们并不是都能,
people always get before a parent dies
在父母离世前有这样的机会,
and I'm grateful to have had that.
我很感激有这样的机会,
And what am I doing here?
那我在这里做什么呢,
I'm here because my mother wanted me to be.
我站在这里,因为这是我母亲所希望的,
Yesterday before she passed she said to me
昨天在她去世之前,她对我说,
Claire... do this.
"克莱尔...去做吧,"
If the people want it listen to them.
如果这是人们希望的,听他们的,
And if you lose then you lose.
如果失败了,那就是失败了,
But if you win...
但是如果你赢了...
be honored be humbled
要感到荣幸,保持谦逊,
and win this election with Francis!"
和弗兰西斯一起赢得选举"
And I told her I said "The Conways are tough opponents."
我告诉她,康威夫妇是非常厉害的对手,
And she said "They may be tough but they're not Texas tough."
她说也许是吧,但也不比德州人,
Loss is a sobering phenomenon.
失去让我们深思,
Several months ago I almost lost my husband.
几个月前,我差点失去了我的丈夫,
Our nation almost lost a President.
我们的国家差点失去了总统,
Loss makes us reevaluate what we hold dear.
失去让我们重新审视我们珍惜的一切,
And I'll tell you there were...
我还想告诉你们...
times in the not too distant past
就在不久之前,
where Francis and I we... almost lost our marriage.
弗兰西斯和我...差点失去我们的婚姻,
Hard times when we thought we wouldn't make it.
我们遇到了困难,还以为坚持不下去了,
And like many of you know
正如很多人知道的,
marriage isn't always the smoothest road.
婚姻并非总是一帆风顺,
And it took the actions of a deranged young man
是一个精神错乱的年轻人让我记起,
to remind me how important Francis is to me
弗兰西斯对我有多重要,
And now with my mother gone...
现在,我的母亲去世了...
he's the only family I have left.
他就是我唯一的亲人了,
I trust Francis Underwood with my life
我愿把我的人生,我们的国家和未来,
with our nation with our future.
托付给弗兰西斯·安德伍德,
I hope you will too.
我希望你们也能信任他,
And if you trust the both of us I'll heed my mother's words
如果你们信任我们,我会谨遵母亲的话,
and I'll be honored if you nominate me as his running mate.
如被提名为他的竞选伙伴,我将深感荣幸,
Claire! Claire! Claire!
克莱尔,克莱尔,克莱尔,
Jesus! You did great work.
天呐,你真棒,
Ladies and gentlemen
女士们先生们
Madam Secretary as Convention Chair
秘书长女士,作为党代会主席,
I move that we make the nomination
我提议通过口头表决提名,
of Claire Underwood for Vice President
克莱尔·安德伍德竞选副总统
and Francis Underwood for President by acclamation.
弗兰西斯·安德伍德竞选总统,
Do I hear a second to vote by acclamation
对总统和副总统的提名,
for the nomination of the President and the Vice President?
进行口头表决,是否有人附议,
Hear hear! So moved.
说得好,提议通过,
All of those in favor of the nomination
赞成提名,
of Francis Underwood for
弗兰斯西·安德伍德,
President of the United States say "Aye."
竞选美国总统的说赞成,
Aye! All those against.
赞成,反对提名的,
Nay!
反对,
All those in favor of the nomination of Claire Underwood
赞成提名克莱尔·安德伍德,
for our Vice President of the United States say "Aye."
竞选美国副总统的说赞成,
Aye!
赞成,
Against? Nay!
反对提名的,反对,
The Ayes have it!
赞成者占多数,
Our party's ticket for the 2016 Presidential Election
本党决定2016年总统选举候选人为,
will be Francis and Claire Underwood!
弗兰西斯和克莱尔·安德伍德,