Chandler: How did the job stuff go?
工作的事怎么样?
Rachel: He offered me one.
他给了我一份工作。
Ross: You know what? This calls for a bottle of Israel's finest.
这时候该来一瓶以色列的佳酿。
Rachel: The job is in Paris.
工作是在巴黎。
Rachel: Oh, God! Please, somebody say something.
天啊!你们说话呀。
Ross: So if you take this job you'll be, you'll be moving to Paris?
如果你接受这份工作,你将要搬去巴黎吗?
Chandler: Or facing a bitch of a commute.
难道是乘飞机上下班?
Rachel: I know, it's huge, and it's scary, and it's...really far, far away from you guys, but this is such an incredible opportunity for me. And I've already talked to them about our situation with Emma, and they said they'll do whatever we need to make us feel comfortable.
我明白,这很艰巨,我感到恐惧。而且离你们那么那么的遥远。可是这对我是一个很好的机会。我还跟他们说明了艾玛的情况,他们答应尽力给予我方便。
Ross: Ok.
好。
Rachel: I mean, I'll fly back and forth, they'll fly you out...Anything we want.
我可以回来看望她,你也可以带她去看望我...满足我们任何要求。
Chandler: My boss said I might be getting a new lamp in my cubicle.
我老板答应给我的睡房买一盏新的台灯。
Ross: All right, we'll work it out.
好的,没问题。
Rachel: Oh thank you! Thank you!
谢谢。
Ross: Yeah.
好。
Ross: You sure this is what you want?
这是你渴望的吗?
Rachel: I think it is.
我相信是。
Phoebe: Ooh, what's going on?
怎么了?
Rachel: I got a really incredible job offer.
我得到一份很棒的工作。
Joey: Hey, great! All right!
太好了。
Phoebe: Good for you!
为你高兴。
Rachel: It's in Paris.
是在巴黎。
Joey: What? No, no, no! No, no...no...no, no...No, too much is changing, ok? First, Phoebe getting married. Congratulations! and then, and these two move into a stupid house in the stupid suburbs...
什么?不…不…不… 发生太多改变了好吗?首先,菲比结婚了 …恭喜。然后这两个家伙要搬到,那所讨厌的房子...
Monica: Hey, this afternoon you said you'd be supportive.
嘿,今天下午你还说会支持的。
Joey: Well, it comes and goes. I wouldn't trust it.
我变来变去的,不能相信我。
Rachel: Well you guys, this is really, really important to me. And it means a lot if you could try to get on board.
伙计们,这对我十分十分重要。如果你们尝试接受,我会很感激的。
Phoebe: Of course we can. Congratulations.
我们当然会。恭喜你。
Rachel: Thank you.
谢谢。
Phoebe: Yay!
好。
Phoebe: Joey?
乔伊?
Joey: No no, no, no, no. My hugs are reserved for people staying in America!
不不不,我只关心留在美国的那些人!
Rachel: Joey, it would mean so...
乔伊,我…
Joey: Hey! No! Get your France-going-arms away from me.
不,要去法国的人别靠近我。
Rachel: Joey...
乔伊。
Phoebe: You ok with this?
你不会难过吗?
Chandler: Well, it makes me feel sad, but...
实际上我感到伤心...
Phoebe: Talking to Ross.
我是在问罗斯。
Chandler: I see.
知道了。
Ross: Oh. Rachel moving to another country? Not being able to see her every day. How...how can I be ok with this?
瑞秋去了另一个国家?不能每天看到她。我怎么会不难过?
Monica: I know, but what are we gonna do? She really needs this job.
我们又能怎么样?她需要这份工作。
Ross: Do you think if uh, if the Ralph Lauren people offered her her old job back, she would take it?
如果罗夫罗兰公司请她回去,她会愿意吗?
Monica: How is that gonna happen?
这怎么可能?
Chandler: Is this the best way to use one of your three magic wishes?
你就是这么使用你的3个魔法愿望的吗?
Ross: I, I don't know. I could talk to her boss. Yeah! I, I met him at that Christmas party. Um, we-we really hit it off.
也许,我能跟她的老板谈谈。对!我跟他在圣诞派对见过面。我们相处的很好。
Monica: You mean the guy who kept calling you Ron?
是那个一直管你叫罗的家伙吗?
Ross: I didn't say we were brothers.
我并没有说我们是兄弟呀。
Joey: Technically this is not a hug!
技术上说,这不算拥抱。
Gunther: You read the obituaries?
你在读讣告?
Phoebe: Uh, yeah, well, I...I got a few curses on people. I just like to see how they're coming.
是的,而且,我受到一些人的诅咒,我只想看看他们有什么下场。
Monica: Hey, Phoebe.
嘿,菲比。
Phoebe: Hey.
嘿。
Monica: Hey, all right. The house next door to the one that we're buying in Westchester? Just went on the market. I wanna take a look at it, but Chandler doesn't.
嘿。在我们打算买的那座房子旁边,有一座房子也在出售。我想去看看,可钱德不愿意。
Chandler: We close escrow tomorrow, so seeing another house can only confuse us, and we're easily confused. We're not very bright.
我们明天就签约了。再看其它房子只会迷惑自己。我们很容易感到迷惑,我们并不机灵。
Monica: But what if it is better than ours? Should we at least look?
那如果它比我们的更好呢,至少应该看看。
Chandler: What'd you think Pheebs?
你怎么看,菲比?
Phoebe: Well, I think that shirt makes you look like you should work at a Baskin Robbins. Anyway. Hey, isn't Joey's agent Estelle Leonard?
我觉得你穿这件衬衣,像巴斯金罗宾斯雪糕餐厅的服务员。反正怎么都像。乔伊的经纪人是艾斯黛雷纳多吗?
Chandler: Yeah.
对。
Phoebe: She died.
她死了。
Chandler: You're kidding!
真的吗?
Monica: That's terrible!
真糟糕。
Phoebe: Yeah, last Saturday. Wow! She was the first black man to fly solo across the Atlantic. Oh, wait a minute, I read the wrong one.
是的,在上个星期。哇!她是第一个独自驾机飞越大西洋的黑人男性。 哦,等等。我看串行了。
Chandler: Oh yeah?
哦?
Phoebe: Yeah, she was just an agent.
她只是一个经济人。
Monica: Joey's gonna be so upset.
乔伊肯定感到很难过。
Chandler: I know. He always wanted to be the first black man to cross the Atlantic.
是的。他一直希望成为第一个独自驾机飞越大西洋的黑人男性。
Phoebe: Well, we cannot tell Joey about this. He's already flipping out about everything that's changing. This...this'll push him over the edge.
我们不能让乔伊知道这件事。一切都在改变,他都快要发疯了。不能再刺激他了。
Monica: Seriously, you don't think we should tell him?
你真的认为我们不应该告诉他吗?
Phoebe: Well, not for a little while. Let's just give him a few days to get used to everything else.
至少暂时不说。给他几天,先消化已经发生了的事。
Monica: What if he reads it in the paper?
如果他从报纸上看到呢?
Chandler: Unless Snoopy says it to Charlie Brown, I think we're ok.
除非是八卦的史努比告诉查理布朗,否则就没问题。
Mr.Zelner: May I help you?
有什么事吗?
Ross: Yeah, I'm a friend of Rachel Green's. Uhm, actually we...we met at the Christmas party about two years ago.
我是瑞秋格林的朋友。我们2年前在圣诞派对上见过面。
Mr.Zelner: Oh right, Don?
哦,是唐吗?
Ross: Close. Ron.
差不多,是罗。
Mr.Zelner: Uh, what can I do for you?
有什么能帮忙的吗?
Ross: Uhm, well, I'm here to see if...if you'll give Rachel her job back.
想了解一下,能不能恢复瑞秋的工作?
Mr.Zelner: Ah, did she ask you to come here and do this?
是她让你来的吗?
Ross: Oh, no. At first I have to get you to agree. Then we'll see if she wants to come back.
不。如果你同意了,我还要问问她是否愿意回来。
Mr.Zelner: Wow, that is tempting.
哇,这真吸引人。
Ross: Look, she loved her job here. And let's face it: you're not gonna find anyone who did it as well as she did it. Isn't that true?
她很喜欢这份工作,实际上你找不到比她更好的人选。是这样吗?
Mr.Zelner: She is good!
是很不错。
Ross: Huh, I took a shot there.
我真没料到。
Mr.Zelner: But I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do. Ah, it's not true, there's...there's nothing I want to do.
可是,很抱歉。我无能为力。事实是,我不想出力。
Ross: I see. Thanks very much.
好的。谢谢。
Ross: Is this your son?
是你儿子吗?
Mr.Zelner: Yeah, his name is Ross.
对,他叫罗斯。
Mr.Zelner: What?
怎么了?
Ross: Uh, nothing, it's just, it's uh, it's close to Ron. Does he um...Does little Ross like dinosaurs by any chance?
没什么,跟罗很接近嘛。这小罗斯也会碰巧对恐龙有兴趣吗?
Mr.Zelner: Yeah, they're all he talks about, why?
是的,他老是说起,那又怎么样?
Ross: How would he like to come with me to the Museum of Natural History after everyone else has left, just the two of us, and, and he can touch anything he wants... I just heard it how you must've heard it and that's not good. Uhm, let me start again. I'm a paleontologist, eh, you'll be there with us, and the touching refers only to bones. fossils!
他是否愿意和我到自然历史博物馆在其他人都离开之后,就剩我们两个。他想摸哪里就摸哪里...我说的,你都听到了。不是那么回事。让我再说一遍。我是古生物学家。你也可以在场,摸的只会是骨头…和化石。
Mr.Zelner: You can really arrange that?
你真的可以安排到吗?
Ross: You let Rachel come back, and it's done.
如果你能让瑞秋回来,那就这么定了。
Mr.Zelner: Well, I guess having Rachel back wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
我想,让瑞秋回来,不见得就是坏事。
Ross: Yeah! Yes! Thank you! This is great. Thank you so much. And I swear, your, your kid is gonna have the time of his life.
太好了,十分感谢。我保证,这是你的孩子终身难忘的经历。
Mr.Zelner: That's great. I worry about little Ross. He's-he's always reading, he's collecting rocks and he's obsessed with dinosaurs.
太好了。我对他挺担心的。他老是捧着书本,收集石头。完全被恐龙给迷住了。
Ross: He'll be fine.
他会很好的。
Joey: Hey Pheebs.
嘿,菲比。
Phoebe: Hey. Everything ok?
嘿。你怎么了?
Joey: Just mad at my agent.
我在生我经纪人的气。
Phoebe: Estelle? Why?
艾斯黛?为什么?
Joey: There's a part in a TV movie that I would be perfect for and I didn't even be put up for it! She'd better have a good reason.
有一部电视电影,其中的角色很合适我演,她没有推荐我去!她必须告诉我原因。
Phoebe: I'm...I'm guessing she does.
我想她有原因的。
Joey: Yeah. Well...I wanna hear it, because she keeps doing this.
我想听听,她老是这样。
Phoebe: Well, no, no, wait, wait, wait. All right, I gotta go. Just listen. Promise me, that you will wait a minute before you call her.
噢,等等。我要先走了。答应我,等一会再打给她。
Joey: Ok. Why?
为什么?
Phoebe: Because a promise between friends means never having to give a reason.
因为,朋友之间的诺言,从不需要有原因。
Joey: I love that saying!
我喜欢这句话。
Joey: Hello?
嗨!
Phoebe: Joey, it's Estelle.
乔伊,我是艾斯黛。
Joey: I was just gonna call you! That's weird.
我正想打电话给你。太怪了。
Phoebe-Estelle: It's a little coincidental, but believable...Listen, I'm sure you're wondering why I didn't get you an audition for that TV movie.
这是巧合,但是可信...我想你肯定想知道,我为什么没有安排你为那部电视电影试镜。
Joey: Yeah, actually I am!
是的,确实是的。
Phoebe-Estelle: I guess I dropped the ball there. Whoopsie!
我想我失职了。哦!
Joey: That's it? You know, it seems all you do lately is drop the ball.
就这样?似乎你最近老是失职。
Phoebe-Estelle: Don't take that tone with me. Who you think you are? Alan Lemond, the first black man to fly solo across the Atlantic?
不要这么和我说话。你以为自己是谁?阿兰·莱蒙?第一个独自驾机飞越大西洋的黑人男性?
Joey: No, no, look. All I'm saying is you're my agent, ok? And you're not getting me into any auditions and I'm tired of it.
听我说,你是我的经纪人。但是你没有为我争取到试镜机会。我受够了。
Phoebe-Estelle: What're you saying?
你这样说什么意思?
Joey: I'm saying that. This isn't working for me anymore, ok? Estelle, you're fired. Goodbye.
我意思是,不能再这样了。艾斯黛你被解雇了。再见。
Phoebe: Man, tough week for Estelle!
噢,这个星期艾斯黛真不走运。
Ross: Hi.
嗨。
Rachel: Hi.
嗨。
Ross: Emma left her stuffed T. rex at my house. You know she can't sleep without it.
艾玛把这忘在我房间了。没这个她可睡不着哦。
Rachel: Oh, well, she's asleep now. Stop forcing that thing on her.
嗯,她现在在睡觉呢。别再塞这玩意儿给她。
Ross: Ok.
好的。
Rachel: Oh, you're not gonna believe what happened to me today! Ralph Lauren called, and gave me my job back!
哦,你绝对不会相信今天发生的事!罗夫罗兰公司打电话请我回去。
Ross: No!
不会吧。
Rachel: All right, it was so weirdest thing. They fired me and then out of nowhere they just hire me back! I mean, that place must just've been falling apart without me.
这是多么古怪呀。他们先是解雇我,然后又无缘无故重新聘用我!一定是没我就不行了。
Ross: So, you...you're not going to Paris.
那么,你不去巴黎了吧。
Rachel: No, I'm still going.
去呀。我还去。
Ross: Wh...wh...what?
什…什么?!
Rachel: Well, when, when the Louis Vuitton people found out that Ralph Lauren wanted me back, the offered me more money! Isn't that great?
好吧,当路易斯威登公司发现罗夫罗兰公司请我回去,他们就提高了我的报酬!罗斯,是不是太棒了?
Ross: Yeeeah!
耶!