嘿!
Rachel: Hi!
嘿!
Ross: Pheebs, what's wrong?
菲比,出了什么事吗?
Phoebe: Oh, I'm just so exhausted from dragging around this huge engagement ring!
戴着这个超大订婚戒指快要把我累死了!
Rachel: My God!
天啊!
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Rachel: Congratulations! Wow!
恭喜你啊!哇!
Ross: So, did he get on one knee, did...did he have a speech prepared, or did he cry? Yeah, big surprise, I like proposals!
他有没有跪下来?他有准备求婚词吗?噢!他有哭吗?没错,我喜欢求婚,很奇怪吗?
Phoebe: Well, it was really sweet, and like the most romantic thing ever.
实在是很温馨,是我人生中最浪漫的一刻。
Joey: Well, hey! Well...Here's to Phoebe, who's found the greatest guy in the world! To Phoebe and...I wanna say Mike? To Phoebe and Mike!
嘿,我们来敬菲比,为了她找到世界上最好的男人干一杯。敬菲比和...应该是麦克吧?敬菲比和麦克!
All: Whoo!
喔!
Phoebe: Thank you! Oh, and I have something for you!
谢谢大家!噢对了,我有点东西要给你!
Phoebe: It's, yes, my little black book. It's got the numbers of all the guys I've dated.
这是我的小记事本,里面有我约会过的男生的电话。
Rachel: Oh, Pheebs, baby, that's nice but, you know what, I think I'm ok. Why don't you give it to one of your other single girlfriends?
噢,菲比。很谢谢你,但我想我用不上了。你还是把它送给你其他独身的女性朋友吧。
Phoebe: I would, but you're the last one.
我也想,但你是最后一个独身的了。
Rachel: Give me the book! Pablo Diaz, Brady Smith, huh, "Guy-in-van"?
那给我吧!巴布罗迪亚斯,布里迪史密斯“开货车的男生”。
Phoebe: Oh, my first love!
那是我的初恋!
Rachel: Oh!
哦!
Monica: What does the red X next to Bob Greenmore's name mean?
巴伯格里莫的名字旁边标着个X是什么意思?
Phoebe: Dead. Oh, it's OK, no, he was old, yeah! And he lived a full life, he was in the first wave at Omaha Beach.
死掉了。没关系,他已经很老了。他也活够了,他参与了奥马哈海滩(二战诺曼底战役)首轮攻击。
Chandler: Yeah, I'm sorry, I should've given you guys my black book when I got married! Although it wasn't so much a book as a...napkin. With Janice's phone number on it.
嘿,对不起。我结婚时也应该把我的电话本给你们男生的。尽管那不算是电话本,只是一张皱皱的纸...上面写着珍妮丝的电话。
Rachel: Phoebe, isn't Jethro Tull a band?
菲比,Jethro Tull不是一个乐队吗?
Phoebe: Oh yes, they are.
没错。
Chandler: Hey honey!
嘿,亲爱的。
Joey: Hey sweetie!
嘿,甜心。
Chandler: Is Monica not here?
莫妮卡不在吗?
Joey: No.
不在。
Chandler: Oh, then I'll tell you. My agency was bidding for a big account and they got it! It's my first national commercial!
那我先告诉你吧,我的经纪争取到一个大广告客户。这是我第一个跨国广告。
Joey: Cool!
酷!
Chandler: Yeah, and I don't wanna brag but a lot of the ideas were mine! Hell, you weren't there. All the ideas were mine!
不是我吹牛,但很多内容都是我构思出来的!拜托,你有没有在听啊?全部构思都是我的!
Joey: That's great! Hey, can you cast me in it?
太好了!嘿,可以介绍我去拍广告吗?
Chandler: Oh...I don't know, I really don't think you're right for the part.
不知道啊,我想你不适合里面的角色。
Joey: What do you mean? I can do anything, I'm a chameleon! Huh? I'm old! I'm tired! Hey, I'm hot I'm cold! ! Huh? Come on! What can't I do?
怎么会?我可以演任何角色。我是一条变色龙呢!我很老!我很累!嘿!我很热!我很冷!呵?拜托,有什么我不能演?
Chandler: First of all. Bravo...Uh, but I really don't think you're right for this. The part calls for a stuffy college professor.
我得说,精彩...但我觉得你真的不适合,这个角色是一个死板的大学教授。
Joey: I can do that! "Hello, I'm your professor. When I'm not busy thinking of important things or...professing. I like to use..." Oh, what's the product?
也可以啊!“你好,我是你们的教授。当我有空或者没有...演讲的时候我会用...”噢!是什么产品?
Chandler: Software that facilitates inter-business networking e-solutions?
电子商务网络解决方案。
Joey: I'm cold!
我很冷!
Ross: Hey!
嘿!
Charlie: Hey!
嘿!
Ross: Guess who's a finalist for a huge research grant! I'll give you a hint, he's looking right at you.
猜猜谁有可能得到一笔庞大的科研补助金!给你个提示,他正在看着你。
Charlie: Ah, well, unless it's the creepy guy with his hand up his kilt, I'm gonna say congratulations!
除非你说的是那个穿裙子的怪人,恭喜你!
Ross: Oh, I'm so excited, I mean, apparently I beat out hundreds of other applicants, included five guys I went to graduate school with. Not that I'm keeping score or anything...five!
我实在是太兴奋了,我击败了其他的几百个竞争者。包括我们研究所的五个同事。不是我吹嘘,但...五个人!
Charlie: Wow, that's great!
哇!太厉害了。
Ross: Yeah.
是啊!
Charlie: So, tell me about the grant!
所以补助金是多少?
Ross: Well, ok, it's for 25 thousand dollars. And if I get it, I'll finally be able to complete my field research!
大概是25,000元的补助。如果我得到了,那我就可以完成我那领域的研究了。
And there will be an article about me in the "Paleontology Review" Yeah! That'll be the first time my name is in there, without people raising serious questions about my work!
然后我就可以在“古生物学刊”里发表我的论文了。那是我头一次在那本书上发表论文,而其他人不会再质疑我的工作了。
Charlie: Wait. Are you talking about the Dewar grant?
等等,你是说杜瓦基金?
Ross: Yeah. Why?
没错,怎么了?
Charlie: Benjamin Hobart is administering that grant.
班杰明赫伯管理着那个基金。
Ross: Your ex-boyfriend?
你的前任男朋友?
Charlie: Yeah.
对。
Ross: So, your ex-boyfriend is gonna determine if your new boyfriend gets this grant? Wow, your new boyfriend is screwed!
那么说,你的前男友决定了你现任男友是否能得到那笔钱?哇,你的现任男友完蛋了。
Charlie: No, no, we ended up in great terms. I mean, if anything, I think this could help you. You know what? Why don't we all go out to dinner together, and I can introduce you.
没有,我们很愉快的分手的。我意思是,如果对你有帮助的话我们可以把他约出来吃个饭啊!我可以把你介绍给他。
Ross: Well, if you think it'd help.
是吗?你觉得有帮助吗?
Charlie: Yeah, absolutely. I'll call him.
当然啦,我给他打电话啦。
Ross: Ok, now, is there anything I can do to...you know, butter him up? Anything he really likes?
那,我可以做什么去...迎合他啊?他喜欢点什么?
Charlie: Mmh...he does have a pretty serious latex fetish.
唔...他的确有严重的乳胶恋物情节。
Ross: We'll see how dinner goes.
我知道该怎么做了。
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Hey, you wanna go see a movie?
嘿,想去看电影吗?
Phoebe: Well, I told you I had to spend all the day clearing out stuff, so Mike could move in.
我已经告诉过你我今天一整天要打扫,好让麦克搬进来住。
Monica: Oh, right.
噢!对哦。
Phoebe: Yeah.
没错。
Monica: Oh, well. Now that I'm here I might as well help you with the cleaning and organizing! I just happen to have my label maker!
既然我都来了,我就帮你清洁和收拾一下吧!刚好我有打标签机。
Phoebe: Oh, it's so hard to get rid of stuff! Did you and Chandler have to make compromises when you first moved in together?
噢,要丢弃自己的物品太难了!你和钱德要同居的时候,有为丢弃东西烦恼过吗?
Monica: Uh, Chandler did! What does he want you to give up?
钱德有烦恼过!他想你丢弃什么?
Phoebe: A bunch of stuff. And the worst one...he wants me to get rid of Gladys.
很多东西啊!我最舍不得的是...他要我丢掉格拉达斯。
Monica: Who's Gladys? Oh! What a tragic loss!
谁是格拉达斯?噢!多么可怕的浪费啊!
Phoebe: Yeah. I really hate to give her up. Oh I know! Oh, you should take her!
就是说。我真的不想放弃她啊。噢!我想到了,你可以带她走啊!
Monica: Well, I...I...I...I...I don't know...
这个,我...我也不知道好不好...
Phoebe: Wh-what, you don't like her?
为什么?你不喜欢她吗?
Monica: Well, of course I do. What's not to like! I'll take her in a minute! But, you know, I think that you're giving up too easy, honey. I think that you need to fight for her!
我当然喜欢她啊。有什么不喜欢的!我可以马上就把她拿走!但我觉得你现在说放弃太早了。我想你应该为她作斗争!
Phoebe: Really? You think?
你觉得是这样吗?
Monica: Absolutely! Yes, you say to him "I'm sorry Mike, I can't live without her, she means too much to me!"
当然啦!你对他说:对不起,麦克。我不能失去她她对我来说很重要!
Phoebe: Ok, I'll fight for her. Ok! Oh, wait, oh I just realized if I do that, that means you don't get her.
好的,我是该为她争取一下。等等,我忽然想到如果我这样做,你就无法得到她了。
Monica: Damn it, I did not think this through!
对哦,怎么我没想到呢!
Rachel: Emma, mom's got a snack for you.
艾玛,妈妈给你带了小点心。
Joey: You know, every now and then, she might like some barbecue potato chips.
你知道 她有时喜欢些烤肉味的番茄薯片。
Chandler: Hi guys.
嘿,你们。
Joey: Hey!
嘿。
Rachel: Hi!
嘿。
Chandler: Hey, baby.
嘿,宝贝。
Joey: Oh! Any word on casting yet?
推荐有回复了吗?
Chandler: Joe, I told you, you're just not right for the part.
乔伊,我已经说过了,你不适合那个角色。
Joey: What do you mean? Rach, don't I seem like a professor you'd buy some kind of e-crap from?
什么意思啊?瑞秋,你会不会花钱买像我这样的教授介绍的电子货啊?
Rachel: I'm sorry, this sounds like something I'm never gonna be interested in.
不好意思,我对这种东西没什么兴趣。
Joey: Look, come on, please? It's not like I'm asking for some crazy favor. This is what I do for a living. And I am a professional actor! Oh, man, I'm two hours late for work! Look, here's a copy of my reels. It's got all the commercials that I've been in.
拜托啦!好像我很为难你似的。这是我的工作啊,我是个职业的演员呢!噢!妈呀!我迟到两个小时了!这里有我的一盘带子,里面有我拍过的所有广告。
Chandler: Joe...
乔...
Joey: Just watch it, and if you don't like it, you don't pass it on to your bosses!
你就看一下吧,如果你不喜欢就别给你上司就是了。
Chandler: Fine.
好吧。
Joey: Thank you.
谢谢。
Chandler: Work, Joe!
工作啦,乔!
Joey: Damn it!
可恶!
Chandler: What am I gonna do now?
我该怎么办啦?
Rachel: You just pass the tape along!
就给你上司看看咯!
Chandler: He's not right for the part. So if I suggest him, my bosses are gonna think I'm an idiot! And that's something they should learn on their own!
他的确不适合演这个。如果我推荐他,我的老板会发现我是个傻瓜!我希望我的老板能迟些才发现这一点。
Rachel: Just tell Joey that you watched the tape and you liked it, but your bosses didn't. Then that way, you're the good guy and they're the bad guy.
那就告诉乔伊你看过带子你很喜欢,但你的老板们不喜欢。那样,你就成了好人,坏人就是你的老板啦。
Chandler: That's good! I liked it, they didn't. Joey, for God's sake, go to work!
好主意!我喜欢,老板不喜欢。乔伊,看在上帝份上,去工作啦!
Ross: I can't believe I'm about to meet Benjamin Hobart. I've always thought of him as one of the people I'd invite to my fantasy dinner party. You think there's any chance he'll bring Christie Brinkley or C-3PO?
无法相信我能见到班杰明赫伯。我一直以为只有在梦中才能和他共聚晚餐呢。他会不会带上克里斯蒂·布林克利(超级名模) 或者C-3PO(星球大战中的机器人)来呢?
Charlie: Sorry, looks like it's just him.
对不起,看来他只孤身一人。
Benjamin: Charlie! My God, you look absolutely stunning!
查莉!天啊,你简直美得让我头晕了。
Ross: Well, I...I am having a good hair day.
是吗?今天我特地去理发。
Benjamin: So good to see you.
见到你真好。
Charlie: Me too.
我也是。
Ross: I'm ok.
我没事。
Charlie: I'm sorry...Ross Geller, Benjamin Hobart.
对不起...罗斯盖勒,班杰明赫伯。
Ross: Oh, it's an honor to meet you. I, I can't tell you how long I've been an admirer of your work, I mean, that...that Nobel prize, whoooo! I mean, I have to tell you, that you're one of the reasons I got into the field.
很荣幸见到你。我仰慕你都不知道多久了我是说,你得的诺贝尔奖,喔!我得说,你是我从事科学工作的其中一个原因。
Benjamin: Oh, well, likewise. Actually, not likewise. I've never heard of you until this morning, but, it's nice to be nice!
噢,是吗,我也是。其实,不一样,我今早才第一次听到你的名字。但,很高兴能见到你。
Charlie: Shall we?
我们?
Benjamin: Thank you!
谢谢!
Benjamin: I can't believe that you chose this restaurant! Do, do you remember the night?
我不能相信你选了这个餐馆!你还记得那天晚上吗?
Charlie: Oh my God, I completely forgot! Oh my God! I can't believe they let us back in this place!
噢天啊,我都已经想不起了!天啊,我们居然又在这里碰头了!
Benjamin: You weren't there!
你当时不在场!
Ross: No, but, it's, you know, it's just a funny image, you know, the two of you, in this restaurant, with...
是不在,但想想都好笑。想想你们两个,在这个餐馆,还...
Charlie: Ross, why don't you tell Benji about your proposal, while I go to the ladies room?
罗斯,我去洗手间的时候你能告诉班杰你的方案吗?
Benjamin: So, tell me about it.
来吧,告诉我吧。
Ross: Ok, well, I would like to do a dig in the Painted Desert.
我们会在沙漠里进行挖掘。
Ross: See, there are still several areas that haven't been fully excavated.
因为里面还有些地区还没完全开挖的。
Benjamin: Break up with Charlie!
和查莉分手吧!
Ross: What?
什么?
Benjamin: What?
什么?
Ross: Did, did you just say "break up with Charlie"?
你刚才说 “和查莉分手”吗?
Benjamin: Well, yes and no. Yes I did say it, and no, I did not say it.
可以说是,也可以说不是。是,我是这样说了;不是,是我没有否认。
Ross: Um, kinda inappropriate, don't you think?
你不应该这样说的,是吗?
Benjamin: I'm sorry. I just haven't seen her for so long! All these feelings are rushing back! I'm starting to realize how much I missed her, I'm gonna need you to break up with her.
对不起。因为我太久没有见她了!以前的感觉又涌上心头!我又觉得喜欢上她了。所以我想你和他分手。
Ross: Are you serious?
你是说真的吗?
Benjamin: If you say yes then I'm serious, if you say no then I'm joking!
如果你说是,那我就是认真的。如果你说不是,那我就是开玩笑!
Ross: No!
不是!
Benjamin: Joking it is!
我开玩笑的!
Phoebe: Hi! Sorry, I'm late.
嗨!对不起,我迟到了。
Monica: Hey, how did it go with Mike, is he gonna let you keep the painting?
嘿,和麦克谈得怎样?他肯让你保留那幅画吗?
Phoebe: No, he really hates it.
不行,他实在很讨厌它。
Phoebe: But he's gonna let me keep my box of human hair! So you gotta pick your battles. But the good news is, Gladys is yours!
但他肯让我留下我那盒头发!所以我只能妥协了。但好消息是,格拉达斯已经属于你了!
Monica: Wow, what's the bad news!
哇,那坏消息呢!?
Rachel: Who's Gladys?
谁是格拉达斯?
Phoebe: Oh, she's that, that work of art I made, you know, with the woman coming out of the frame.
噢!她是我的手工作品,你见过啦。就是有个女人从画里面走出来的那幅画啊。
Rachel: Oh, and Monica gets to keep her? In her house? I am so jealous!
噢,莫妮卡把她收下了吗?放在这个房间里?我要嫉妒了!
Phoebe: Oh, I didn't know you wanted her too!
噢!我不知道你也想要她啊!
Rachel: Well, I mean, sure, of course. But...you already gave that to Monica, so...
我...当然想要啊。但...你已经给了莫妮卡了,所以...
Monica: You know, I...I would give her up, for you.
为了你,我可以放弃她。
Rachel: No, I...I couldn't let you do that.
不行,我不可以让你这样做的。
Monica: No, but I want to.
但我想这样做。
Rachel: But I don't want you to.
但我不想你这样做。
Monica: But I insist!
但我坚持!
Rachel: But I insist, harder!
但我更坚持!
Phoebe: Ok. Girls, girls, stop, ok? We'll flip a coin. Heads, she's Rachel's, tails she's Monica's...Tails! Monica, she's yours!
女生们!停一停好吗?我们投硬币决定吧。正面,她是瑞秋的。反面,她就是莫妮卡的。反面!莫妮卡,她是你的了!
Monica: No, that landed in your food!
不行,它掉到你的食物里了。
Rachel: No, no, that's ok. You won fair and square. I'm so sad!
不,不,没关系,该赢的就该赢。我太难过了。