手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第七季 > 正文

老友记 第7季:第3集 菲比的饼干配方(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Chandler: All right, I'm off to see your dad.

好的,我要去见你爸。
Ross: Whoa whoa, aren't you a little over dressed?
哇哦哇哦,你不会穿太多了吗?
Rachel: Yeah, and you better make sure he tips you this time.
这次记得拿小费。
Chandler: Look, I figured I would try to convince him not to tell the story anymore, and I figure the best way to do that is face to face. And by face I don't mean his lap.And by face, I don't mean my ass.
我想说服他别再提那件事,我想最好的办法就是跟他面对面谈一谈。我说的"面"指的不是他的大腿。而对的那个"面",也不是我的屁股。
Ross: Hey are you getting Monica and Chandler an engagement present?
嗨,你们有给莫妮卡和钱德勒订婚礼物么?
Rachel: I don't know. You know, they didn't get us anything.
我不知道,你知道的,他们可没有送我们礼物。
Ross: Thank you!
谢谢!
Joey: Hey.
嘿。
Ross: Hey.
嘿。
Rachel: Well hello! So, when are we getting back out on the water matey?
你好啊!我们什么时候再出航,伙伴?
Joey: Oh uh, I don't know the boat way to say this, but uh never!
我不知道水手是怎么说的,再也不去了!
Rachel: Why not?
为什么?
Joey: Because! You're mean on the boat!
因为你在船上很刻薄!
Rachel: What? I was just trying to teach you.
什么?我只是想教会你。
Joey: Well, lesson learned! Rachel is mean!
我学会了!瑞秋很刻薄!
Ross: Yep… Yep-yep-yep-yep-yep. I remember when she took out on her dad's boat she wouldn't let me help at all.
对对对。我还记得她驾驶她爸的船带我出海。她完全不让我插手。
Rachel: I don't wanted…Excuse me, I wanted you to help, but you couldn't move your arms because you were wearing three life jackets.
我不想…对不起,我想要你帮我。但你连动都动不了,因为你穿了三件救生衣。
Ross: You have to respect the sea!
你得保持对大海的敬畏之心!
Rachel: Look Joey, I'm sorry if you thought that was mean, but I gotta tell ya something.That was not mean.Okay, my father is mean. He used to yell at me all the time on the boat, I mean it was horrible. I was just being a good teacher.
乔伊,如果你觉得我很刻薄,对不起。但我告诉你,那不是刻薄。我爸才刻薄,以前在船上,他总会对我大吼大叫。那真的很可怕,我只是想当个称职的老师。
Joey: Does a good teacher say, "Put down the beer pinhead!"?
好老师会说,“放下啤酒,白痴!”吗?
Rachel: Well, does a good student drink seven beers during his first lesson?
好学生会在上第一堂课时喝掉七罐啤酒吗?
Joey: Six and a half! You knocked that last one out of my hand! Remember?
是六罐半。你把最后一罐从我手里打翻了,记得吗?
Rachel: Yeah, I didn't want you to get hit by the boom!
没错,我不想让你被船帆下桁撞到!
Joey: Well it hit me anyway! And it would've hurt a lot less if I had finished that last beer.
它还是打中我了。如果我能喝完最后一罐啤酒或许就不会那么痛。
Rachel: All right, you know what? I'm sorry. I will try to tone it down and stop yelling.
对不起,我会试着小声点,不再对你大吼大叫。
Joey: You won't boss me around anymore?
你不会再颐指气使了吗?
Rachel: I won't boss you around.
不会了。
Joey: And you'll be nice?
你会很和蔼吗?
Rachel: And, I'll be nice.
会很和蔼。
Joey: And you'll be topless?
你会裸上身?
Rachel: And, Joey!
乔伊!
Joey: Do you want me to learn? !
你不是想让我好好学嘛?!
Monica: Okay, here's batch 22. Oh, maybe these'll taste a little like your grandmother's.This has a little bit of orange peel, but no nutmeg.
这是第二十二批,或许它们会有你外婆的神髓。我放了一些陈皮,没有放肉豆蔻。
Ross: Let's give it a shot.
试吃吧。
Monica: Okay. Man, I have not made this many cookies since I was in the ninth grade.
自从九年级后,我再也没做过这么多饼干。
Phoebe: Oh, what was that for? Like a bake sale?
那时候为什么做饼干,义卖吗?
Monica: No, just a Friday night.
不,寻常星期五晚上而已。
Ross: Oh, these are pretty good.
这些饼干真的很好吃。
Phoebe: Yeah, but not as good as batch 17.
对,但是没有第17批好吃。
Ross: Which one was that?
那是哪一批?
Monica: The ones we had right after you almost threw up.
你差点吐了之后我们吃的那批。
Ross: Oh yeah! Batch 17 was good. I did not like batch 16. I'm okay.
对,第17批确实好吃。我可不喜欢第16批。我没事。
Phoebe: Are there anymore from the good batch? Because we could just work off of those.
第17批还有剩吗?我们可以研究那些啊。
Ross: Yeah, oh yeah, I think there is one from batch 17 left, uh… It's batch 16! 16 people! Get out of the way!
第17批还剩一个,呃……是第16批!第16批!别挡路!
Rachel: Okay Joey honey, you're doing really good!
乔伊亲爱的,你做得真得很好!
Rachel: All right, now I'm just gonna need you to step to the port side.
好了,现在我要你移到左舷。
Rachel: Remember? Remember how we talked about the port side?
记得吗?记得我们说的左舷么?
Joey: Oh yeah.
记得。
Rachel: Right?
好?
Joey: Nope.
不记得了。
Rachel: It's left sweetie, but that's okay sweetie, that's a tough one.
是左边,甜心,但是没关系,这个容易搞混。
Joey: I don't know why you just don't say left.
我不明白为什么你不直接说左边。
Rachel: Okay, go to the left.
好吧,过去左边。
Rachel: The left.
左边!
Joey: Huh?
啥?
Rachel: Just sit over there!
坐到那边去!
Joey: Okay! Okay, you're yelling again! See that?
好吧好吧,你又在吼了!看到了吗?
Rachel: No! No no, no no no, very quiet, said with love, no yelling.
我错了!我错了我错了,轻声地,带有爱心地说话,不能吼叫。
Joey: Oh, you know what? Since I'm here, I think I'm gonna have me a little beer on the port side. See what I did there?
你知道吗,既然我已经坐在这里,我要在左舷喝一罐啤酒。你看到我刚刚做了什么吗?
Rachel: Okay Joey, we're luffing a little bit, so could you tighten up the cunningham?
乔伊,有点晃,能麻烦你把船绳拉紧?
Joey: Uh, wow, you just said a bunch of stuff I didn't know there.
呃,你说了一堆我听不懂的话。
Rachel: Joey, come on! We just went over this!
乔伊,别这样!我刚刚才教过你。
Joey: Oh, you know, when we did that was when that bird was flying overhead with the fish in his mouth. Did you see it? It was gross!
你教我的时候,有只鸟,嘴巴里叨着鱼飞过去。你看到了吗,那真的很恶心。
Rachel: No! All right? ! I did not see the bird! I did not see the fish! I did not see the piece of Styrofoam that was shaped like Mike Tyson! I did not, because I was trying to teach you how to sail a boat! Which obviously is an impossible thing to do!
我没有看到鸟或鱼,也没有看到形状像泰森的泡沫塑料,我没有看到,因为我忙着教你驾驶船。而这明显是一项不可能的任务。
Joey: All right that's it! You're yelling and I don't see you taking your top off! I quit!
又来了!你又吼了!而且我没见你裸上身。我放弃了
Rachel: What do you mean you quit? ! You can't quit!
你放弃了是什么意思?你不能放弃!
Joey: Why not? !
为什么?
Rachel: Because you're not finished yet and I won't have it! Greens do not quit!
你还没学成,格林家的人不能放弃。
Joey: Greens? I'm a Tribbiani! And Tribbianis quit!
格林家?我是崔比安尼家的!崔比安尼家的就放弃!
Rachel: Oh my God, wait did I just said “Greens don't quit” didn't I? Did I just say “Greens don't quit”? !
天啊。我刚刚说格林家的人不会放弃?对吧,我刚刚说格林家的人不会放弃?!
Joey: Yes! Yes! You did and you're still yelling at me!
对!而且你还是在对我大吼大叫。
Rachel: No, I'm not yelling at you. I'm just yelling near you.Oh God Joey, oh I'm my father. Oh my God, this is horrible! I've been trying so hard not to be my mother I did not see this coming.Oh, Joey, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I just wanted you to learn.
我没有,我只是在离你比较近的地方大吼大叫。天啊,乔伊,我就跟我爸一样。天啊,这真的太可怕了。我很努力不要跟我妈一样,却没有注意到这一点。我真的很抱歉,我只希望你能学会。
Joey: Well, hey I did learn.
我学了。
Rachel: Really?
真的吗?
Joey: Yeah! Come on.
没错,来吧。
Joey: Yeah, it's okay. I know what a mainsail is. I know, I know to duck when the boom comes across. I know port is right.
没事的。我知道主帆是什么。我知道船桅过来时一定要低头。我知道左舷是右边。
Rachel: Left.
左边。
Joey: Damnit!
该死!
Phoebe: You know, I bet it would actually make my grandmother very happy to know that we're trying to figure out her recipe. I bet she's looking up at us and smiling right.
我外婆会很开心我们想方设法要弄清楚她的秘方。我敢说她正抬头看着我们,对我们微笑。
Ross: Looking up?
抬头?
Phoebe: Oh yeah, No, she was really nice to me, but she's in hell for sure.
不对吗?她对我真得很好,但是她肯定在地狱。
Monica: Well, I've tried everything. I give up. I guess I'm not gonna be the mom who makes the world's best chocolate cookies.I do make the best duck confit with broccoli rabe. Kids love that right.
我已经努力过了。我放弃,我没办法成为做出全世界最好吃曲奇饼的妈妈。但我做最好吃的西兰花配油封鸭。小孩子很喜欢吃那道菜吧。
Ross: Aww, Pheeb, come on isn't there any relative that would have the recipe? What about, what about your sister?
菲比,没有任何亲戚有这个秘方?比如你的姐妹?
Phoebe: Oh no no, no, I made a promise to myself that the next time I would talk to Ursula would be over my dead body. And that's not happening till October 15,2032.
不,我跟自己发过誓除非我死掉,不然我不会再跟厄休拉说话。那一天将会是2032年10月15日。
Ross: That's the day you're gonna die? See darnit, I've got shuffleboard that day.
那天你会死掉吗?可那天我要去玩推圆盘游戏。
Phoebe: That's what you think.
那是你这么想。
Monica: Well, I mean what about friends of your grandmother's? Wouldn't they have the recipe?
你外婆的朋友呢?他们没有秘方吗?
Phoebe: Well, you know I may have relatives in France who would know. My grandmother said she got the recipe from her grandmother, Nesele Tolouse.
我在法国的亲戚可能知道。我外婆说秘方是她外婆"鸟巢"传给她的。
Monica: What was her name?
她叫什么名字?
Phoebe: Nesele Toulouse.
鸟巢。
Monica: Nestle Tollhouse? !
雀巢
Phoebe: Oh, you Americans always butcher the French language.
你们美国人就是没办法说好法文。
Monica: Phoebe, is this the recipe?
菲比,这是你外婆的秘方吗?
Phoebe: Yes! Oh.
是!天啊。
Monica: I cannot believe that I just spent the last two days trying to figure out the recipe and it was in my cupboard the whole time!
我不敢相信我花了两天来找出秘方,而它一直在我的碗柜里!
Phoebe: I know! You see it is stuff like this which is why you're burning in hell!
我知道!就是着因为这东西,你才会在地狱被火烤!
Chandler: So you understand, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if you didn't tell people what happened. You know, I'm a little…I'm a little embarrassed about it.
所以你要了解,如果你不说出去的话我会觉得好受多了你知道,在这件事上我有点尴尬。
Mr.Geller: I understand completely, there's nothing more horrifying than embarrassing yourself in front of your in-laws. As a matter of fact, when I started dating Judy I was unemployed, and her father asked me what I did for a living and I told him I was a lawyer.
我完全理解。最可怕的事莫过于在岳父母面前丢脸了。事实上,我开始跟朱迪交往时,我根本就没有工作。她爸问我是干什么工作的。我说我是律师。
Chandler: What did you do when they found out?
他们发现了以后你怎么办?
Mr.Geller: They never did, so if ever see me giving them legal advice just nod along. Shall we?
他们没发现,所以当看到我在给他们法律建议的时候只管点头,进去吧?
Chandler: So I guess we wear swimsuits in here!
我想这里要穿泳装!
Rachel: Well Joey, I hate to admit it, your way of sailing is a lot more fun.
乔伊,虽然我很不想承认,但是你开船的方式很有趣。
Joey: Yeah, yeah. Hey, why don't you give a pull on that rope?
是吗,嗨,你干吗不拉一下那条绳子?
Rachel: Oh we're not sailing.
我们没有要出海。
Joey: Just pull on it.
就拉一下。
Rachel: All right. Hey hey hey! Sandwiches!
好吧。嘿!三明治!
Joey: What else?
不然会是什么呢?
Rachel: Here you go.
这个好。
Joey: Here you.
给你。
Rachel: Oh wow!
哇。
Joey: What are you doing?
你在做什么?
Rachel: Oh, sorry.
抱歉。
Joey: What you don't hold it like that! You're letting all the good stuff fall out.
别那么拿,好料都被你弄掉了。
Rachel: Oh whoops.
哎呦。
Joey: Careful! You're wasting good pastrami!
小心点!你浪费了上等熏牛肉!
Joey: Oh my God! I'm my dad!
天啊!我像我爸那样了!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
legal ['li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 法律的,合法的,法定的

联想记忆
butcher ['butʃə]

想一想再看

n. 屠夫,刽子手,肉商,小贩
vt. 屠宰,

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
yell [jel]

想一想再看

v. 大叫
n. 大喊

 
engagement [in'geidʒmənt]

想一想再看

n. 婚约,订婚,约会,约定,交战,雇用,(机器零件等)

 
recipe ['resipi]

想一想再看

n. 食谱,秘诀,药方

联想记忆
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
boom [bu:m]

想一想再看

n. 繁荣,低沉声,帆杠,水栅
vi. 急速增

联想记忆
peel [pi:l]

想一想再看

n. 果皮
vt. 削皮,剥落
vi

 
convince [kən'vins]

想一想再看

vt. 使确信,使信服,说服

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。