The exhibit will help you see that there is no single Bauhaus style.
这个展览会帮助你们看到,没有单一的鲍豪斯风格。
I think it’s refreshing that this particular exhibit departs from the standard ways in which art from the Bauhaus is often presented.
这个展览偏离了鲍豪斯通常呈现艺术的标准方式,我觉得这很是让人耳目一新。
Student: Which are?
学生:这种方式是?
Professor: Well, for example, by a specific artist.
教授:比如说由一个具体的艺术家呈现。
I think it’s a mistake to focus on a single Bauhaus artist and that person’s individual specialty.
我觉得关注单个鲍豪斯艺术家和那个人的个人专长是错误的。
I mean, the different artists from the school created different things: fabric, sculpture, furniture, graphic design, paintings, even theatrical performances.
我的意思是,来自那所学院的不同艺术家创造出了不同的事物:布料、雕塑、家具、平面设计、画作,甚至戏剧表演。
The exhibit in the Rutherford Museum unites all these specialties through connecting themes such as motion or the body.
卢瑟福博物馆的这个展览通过联系主题比如动作或主体把所有这些特色都结合在了一起。
Student: Sounds fascinating! Say, I’ve heard of something about discount nights at that museum?
学生:听起来很吸引人!我听说博物馆会有几个晚上打折?
Professor: Weekends are full price. It’s typically best to go Thursday nights.
教授:周末是全价,一般最好周四晚上去。
That’s student discount night 50% off. However, next Wednesday is open to the public for free.
那天晚上学生可以半价。不过,下周三会免费向公众开放。
It’s a special promotion. So I know what I would do.
是个特别推广活动,所以如果是我的话,我就知道该怎么做了。